4.70 star(s) 94 Votes

Acsuka

Mar 25, 2023
The moment it turned out that MC's father was cremated, I immediately knew that he was still alive...
This ploy is so transparent because it's the best way to make someone disappear... I'm not even sure Henry is the father just because he's visiting Colleen... He could be doing this because MC's father asked him to look after her... And what a cliffhanger it would be if the mysterious caller (the one talking to the assassin) was MC's father, since he doesn't know that MC is his son... Although we don't even know exactly why he's looking for him and Aghavni... But that's just my weakness my mind... :unsure:

Wazzatheboss

Jun 1, 2020
The moment it turned out that MC's father was cremated, I immediately knew that he was still alive...
This ploy is so transparent because it's the best way to make someone disappear... I'm not even sure Henry is the father just because he's visiting Colleen... He could be doing this because MC's father asked him to look after her... And what a cliffhanger it would be if the mysterious caller (the one talking to the assassin) was MC's father, since he doesn't know that MC is his son... Although we don't even know exactly why he's looking for him and Aghavni... But that's just my weakness my mind... :unsure:
I think the assassin is Andras's son. That would explain how Robert was able to contact him.

Yeah, those pieces of evidence are there, but it's still a bit weird how the MC jumps to that conclusion. Also, when the MC confronts Henry Clay when he is visiting Colleen, the MC mentions that Henry is 'Mr. Hank', but that name (Mr. Hank) has never been mentioned before. It is mentioned right after that encounter, when Clay greets a little girl on the hallway, but there's no point in the whole game that could've made the MC learn this Hank nickname before. And the MC goes right away to ask Mary if this Mr. Hank visits all the residents, or just Colleen - when they've never talked about Colleen. I feel there was some important piece of info that was cut off sometime during the editing phase of development.
Yeah good catch, seems like some elements got lost on the way..

Simpgor

Apr 18, 2020
I personally feel like the Ex is "in the wrong" just as much as the MC "is" they were dating for months but somehow they never once had any sort of "emotional talk" (because MC has repeatedly shown to not be able to engage in this) yet MC was "saying all the right things"? That makes her seem just as shallow as him? If her mother didn't die how long unti she realized that he is not emotionally available to a hilarious degree and at what point does she share any of the blame?

Not even a critique of the game (due to when the event in question occurs) but also the whole scene can run a bit "counter" to how you can play the MC ie still haven't a sex scene and isn't trying to jump into relationship. While that has potential for good storytelling down the line right now it (can) create a bit of dissonance for the player.

Reactions: ename144

Acsuka

Mar 25, 2023
I think the assassin is Andras's son. That would explain how Robert was able to contact him.
It's possible... However, if the letter the hit man is reading is from Robert, and he's writing those two names to him, hasn't anyone thought about how lax the prison security is? Does a dangerous criminal not have his mail checked? This is nonsense...

moskyx

Engaged Member
Jun 17, 2019
View attachment 3417118
There is supposed to be a line earlier about a volunteer named Mr. Hank.

I will fix it. That's two I owe you, Moskyx!

Also guys please follow Moskyx's example with spoiler tags as it's still a new update. :)
Since I translate the games manually, I'm usually one of the most attentive readers out there - at least, I'm sure not many people read those lines more times than I do, so I tend to find those little inconsistencies or continuity issues. Don't sweat it.;)

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Benhawkwood

Apr 20, 2021
I haven't played any previous chapters so I got to run through chapters 1 through 3 in a single go. I usually (And this was no exception) try to do my first playthrough without guides or spoilers. Well... I think I missed large chunks of the game. I was actively -trying- to get with Aghavni but I fucked something up somewhere and was met with the dreaded 'greyed out' options in the latter half of the playthrough. The author included a walkthrough (Very considerate!) but I would suggest some of the consequences of choices may be -too- harsh because by the end Mr. Rockford has about the same dating prospects as I do in real life.

The MC is brilliantly written. There is much of the struggle that modern men face today, which is how much of oneself you can put out into the world without the potential for being hurt. Trauma can break people, and sometimes break them so badly that even if they want to change they simply don't know how. THIS is a path that I unintentionally ended up on in my playthrough and I felt that sadness. MC makes the choices they make to push other people away so he doesn't hurt them and isolates himself more while trying to do what he believes is the best option for them. I can't say that he's wrong, and that makes for a brilliant game.

Damien112

Jul 21, 2019
All I have to say about this game is that it has some A1 writing, played through the full three chapters and this has me hooked. The MC is brilliantly written, his trauma, struggle and the way he copes felt all too real.
The only gripe I have with it overall is the fact that it feels like they lay the blame too thick on the MC when it comes to the ex, based on what we know they never had any truly emotional talk or connection due to the MC's general emotional unavailability so it is appalling that despite that fact he was apparently "always saying the right things". This would point to her being equally emotionally shallow because the MC's emotional state is so obvious to anyone who bothers to look that MULTIPLE characters over the course of the story both old and new point out how he is locked up tighter than Fort Knox even if they can't pinpoint the actual reason for the trauma, the only reason she wouldn't have noticed this is because she either didn't care enough to recognize his emotional state or that she ignored it because she wanted or needed his support when her mother died.
If it's case 1 then she is guilty of both lack of communication and not caring enough to actually assess the mental state of her partner, if it's case 2 then she legit held on to him as an emotional crutch for her grief despite knowing that he is not as invested and has no right to come at him since she would have been using him as well.
I get the general idea that the scene was supposed to portray but honestly she still comes off as a major bitch to me because she is acting so self-righteous like she has done no wrong, like I get wanting to hold the MC accountable but she should check herself before she starts dishing out blame

Hungover00

Apr 29, 2023
All I have to say about this game is that it has some A1 writing, played through the full three chapters and this has me hooked. The MC is brilliantly written, his trauma, struggle and the way he copes felt all too real.
The only gripe I have with it overall is the fact that it feels like they lay the blame too thick on the MC when it comes to the ex, based on what we know they never had any truly emotional talk or connection due to the MC's general emotional unavailability so it is appalling that despite that fact he was apparently "always saying the right things". This would point to her being equally emotionally shallow because the MC's emotional state is so obvious to anyone who bothers to look that MULTIPLE characters over the course of the story both old and new point out how he is locked up tighter than Fort Knox even if they can't pinpoint the actual reason for the trauma, the only reason she wouldn't have noticed this is because she either didn't care enough to recognize his emotional state or that she ignored it because she wanted or needed his support when her mother died.
If it's case 1 then she is guilty of both lack of communication and not caring enough to actually assess the mental state of her partner, if it's case 2 then she legit held on to him as an emotional crutch for her grief despite knowing that he is not as invested and has no right to come at him since she would have been using him as well.
I get the general idea that the scene was supposed to portray but honestly she still comes off as a major bitch to me because she is acting so self-righteous like she has done no wrong, like I get wanting to hold the MC accountable but she should check herself before she starts dishing out blame
I do think she was supposed to come across as unreasonably harsh towards the MC, but also to have a point. Both are flawed, and both weren't a good fit for the other in a relationship.

AngelsAfterDark

Jun 11, 2021
I really like this game. Story is fantastic, writing is great, the characters are all well written and I'll admit the scene with Colleen had me in tears. I was thinking there's no way I'd be as strong as Rockford to see my baby sister in that condition but then he couldn't keep the facade anymore and broke down, I felt that.
I have to say tho with all the bastards getting away with rape in this game I wish Rockford was a Lawyer by day and an executioner by night. Someone needs to make a game like that.

Elduriel

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 28, 2021
I have to say tho with all the bastards getting away with rape in this game I wish Rockford was a Lawyer by day and an executioner by night. Someone needs to make a game like that.
the Dexter tv show sort of operates on this premise, it was pretty good

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
I really like this game. Story is fantastic, writing is great, the characters are all well written and I'll admit the scene with Colleen had me in tears. I was thinking there's no way I'd be as strong as Rockford to see my baby sister in that condition but then he couldn't keep the facade anymore and broke down, I felt that.
I'm fairly sure one of the major reasons we saw all those trial scenes (and the MC's closing argument in particular) is to drive home exactly why the MC shouldn't be a vigilante. It's too easy for a single person acting alone to be mistaken or kick off a whole new cycle of revenge in the process.

Impious Monk

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2021
MikesDK I always appreciate honest reviews, but it would be really nice if you could use spoiler tags inside of that review as your review will be read by thousands of people who haven't played the game and I'm sure they won't appreciate you spoiling the plot for them.

4.70 star(s) 94 Votes