3.50 star(s) 13 Votes

JimMorrison19

Dec 14, 2017
There's a save game option available in the "Esc" menu. I might add an autosave in future.
Thanks. I added it to a file I created from your notes.
I have an additional question. I have opened all the galley scenes except the Prologue which should have been at the beginning, but in quests there appears to be no missed quests. Is there a way to go back and get that without starting a new game?

Reactions: GameBear

GameBear

Honey Paw Games
Game Developer
Feb 10, 2018
Thanks. I added it to a file I created from your notes.
I have an additional question. I have opened all the galley scenes except the Prologue which should have been at the beginning, but in quests there appears to be no missed quests. Is there a way to go back and get that without starting a new game?
Do you mean the very first scene with Lynn arriving to Wolfpine? If so, I've excluded it from the scene gallery. Not sure whether it is important enough to include this scene to the gallery.

JimMorrison19

Dec 14, 2017
Do you mean the very first scene with Lynn arriving to Wolfpine? If so, I've excluded it from the scene gallery. Not sure whether it is important enough to include this scene to the gallery.
It was listed in the scene gallery as locked, so I had assumed I needed to do more. If not, I seem to be done with current content.

tyhmaalamas

Apr 20, 2020
There's a save game option available in the "Esc" menu. I might add an autosave in future.
is this hidden until a certain point because I like to make a save as soon as the game starts, and pressing esc only shows exit to main menu, no save option.

RaduStefan

Aug 9, 2017
The program cannot start because api-ms-win-downlevel-kernel32-l2-1-0.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.

GameBear

Honey Paw Games
Game Developer
Feb 10, 2018
is this hidden until a certain point because I like to make a save as soon as the game starts, and pressing esc only shows exit to main menu, no save option.
Could you please check which game version you're launching? Save game option has been disabled for v0.2-demo. However, it should be enabled in the latest version. I've attached the screenshot with the menu in the latest game version.

screenshot.jpg

GameBear

Honey Paw Games
Game Developer
Feb 10, 2018
The program cannot start because api-ms-win-downlevel-kernel32-l2-1-0.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.
Right. This problem is related to Epic Games no longer officially supporting old Windows versions. There's an unofficial workaround. Basically, this should be fixed after downloading this file and placing it into your Windows\System32 folder.
I've searched the internet and found this link on

However, please note that I'm not affiliated with this file or workaround. It shouldn't cause any damage to your PC judging from my past experience, however, it's usually better to switch to the latest supported software versions.

I suggest not trusting my words and double-checking this solution and the api-ms-win-downlevel-kernel32-l2-1-0.dll file on the internets. After that, you can decide whether you will use this workaround or not.

quadsquat

Apr 15, 2019
GameBear , I saw during the scenes (sauna, etc.) that the dialogue is getting ahead of the transition for whomever is speaking when I click to continue. It's too quick to capture a screenshot. Basically, I'm getting a flash of the dialogue without a pic/name window then the pic/name window appears with that dialogue right after that occurs. It's not happening for the whole scene, so it could possibly be on my end. Heck, it could be part of what you mentioned in the changelog and you're working on it already. I'm just not sure.

GameBear

Honey Paw Games
Game Developer
Feb 10, 2018
GameBear , I saw during the scenes (sauna, etc.) that the dialogue is getting ahead of the transition for whomever is speaking when I click to continue. It's too quick to capture a screenshot. Basically, I'm getting a flash of the dialogue without a pic/name window then the pic/name window appears with that dialogue right after that occurs. It's not happening for the whole scene, so it could possibly be on my end. Heck, it could be part of what you mentioned in the changelog and you're working on it already. I'm just not sure.
I think I know what you're talking about. And it's definitely not an error on your end. It's part of the performance optimization I did after the demo has been released. The root cause of this issue is the asynchronous loading and unloading of images so they wouldn't take place in memory when they're not needed. You could see several changes with UIs in comparison to the demo version. Basically, I need to update the UI logic as well to make this process smoother so you wouldn't notice this problem. It's on my list and I'm currently thinking about whether I want to apply a quick fix for it in the next update or a bit later when I'll be expanding event viewer functionality with "quality of life" features like returning to previous phrases and hands-free mode. The next update will have the usual amount of scenes added (at least 6-7 of them) and I'm currently polishing them out. I'll be doing some bugfixes and more optimization as well, just can't promise this one will be fixed in the next release.

quadsquat

Apr 15, 2019
I think I know what you're talking about. And it's definitely not an error on your end. It's part of the performance optimization I did after the demo has been released. The root cause of this issue is the asynchronous loading and unloading of images so they wouldn't take place in memory when they're not needed. You could see several changes with UIs in comparison to the demo version. Basically, I need to update the UI logic as well to make this process smoother so you wouldn't notice this problem. It's on my list and I'm currently thinking about whether I want to apply a quick fix for it in the next update or a bit later when I'll be expanding event viewer functionality with "quality of life" features like returning to previous phrases and hands-free mode. The thing is the next update will have the usual amount of scenes added (at least 6-7 of them) and I'm currently polishing them out. I'll be doing some bugfixes and more optimization as well, just can't promise this one will be fixed in the next release.
Thanks for letting me know and no worries on whether it's fixed in the next update or later down the line. I enjoyed this update and look forward to the next one.

cooperdk

Engaged Member
Jul 23, 2017
Really sad that Mac users can't play this anymore. It was one of my favourite games. Tried under wine but it doesn't work. Still, I hope it does well, and maybe someone will be kind enough to do CG rips of new versions so those of us who can't play can at least see the images.
Well... you don't get a Mac if you want your computer to play games. Not in 1992, not in 2000, not in 2020 or later. Mac supports Mac and there really aren't that many of them. So only a handful of game studios develop for it. Why should indies be different?

Get a "real PC". Or, run Windows alongside OS X - it is possible.

cooperdk

Engaged Member
Jul 23, 2017
Right. This problem is related to Epic Games no longer officially supporting old Windows versions. There's an unofficial workaround. Basically, this should be fixed after downloading this file and placing it into your Windows\System32 folder.
I've searched the internet and found this link on MEGA

However, please note that I'm not affiliated with this file or workaround. It shouldn't cause any damage to your PC judging from my past experience, however, it's usually better to switch to the latest supported software versions.

I suggest not trusting my words and double-checking this solution and the api-ms-win-downlevel-kernel32-l2-1-0.dll file on the internets. After that, you can decide whether you will use this workaround or not.
There is another workaround. Update your system. Nobody can expect any developer to support a no-longer supported system.
Windows 10 is FIVE YEARS OLD. And, it is actually better than Windows 7 (which I guess the guy uses).

Ahree5sa

Apr 13, 2019
Well... you don't get a Mac if you want your computer to play games. Not in 1992, not in 2000, not in 2020 or later. Mac supports Mac and there really aren't that many of them. So only a handful of game studios develop for it. Why should indies be different?

Get a "real PC". Or, run Windows alongside OS X - it is possible.
Your attitude is a bit ...upsetting. You didn't phrase it in a bad way, and it is a stance that exists... but.....man, Windows is a bad operating systems for most ends except games. So, some people, every once in a while, will encourage devs and companies to maybe make games run on linux and mac (two of the better operating systems). I find it totally understandable to see some "how about supporting my favourite OS?" posts, because OS choice is complex and has to do with you profession. And mac/etc. support is also not that weird nowadays if you consider that most Steam games run well cross-platform (be it native or via proton) and even games like Starcraft II run flawlessly in wine.

I don't know about others, but I will probably never get another OS just to play a game. I find it much less painful to just be sad about a given game not running for a day and then play something else.

Really, since valve did their thing with SteamOS and broad linux support, things improved so much. The pressure to run windows has become really small. For me a linux system is a real PC (it is personal and it computes well) and a windows machine is ...well... more like a glorified game boy with viruses.

I'm not saying that you're entirely wrong, but I support the call for cross-platform implementations/engines. :/

3.50 star(s) 13 Votes