Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
This bug should have been fixed on R14, I downloaded the game and tested that just now, and everything works fine with Lili.
Can you share your save so I can see if it is another issue from what I have fixed? Also, make sure the game says "R14" on the title screen (Bottom right).

BronBron06

Sep 6, 2019
This bug should have been fixed on R14, I downloaded the game and tested that just now, and everything works fine with Lili.
Can you share your save so I can see if it is another issue from what I have fixed? Also, make sure the game says "R14" on the title screen (Bottom right).

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
Hm... Not sure what the issue might be, it works fine on my end.
How I tried to replicate it: Went on floor 7, triggered a fight, waited, had Lili attack a purple moth, attacked a killer ant, had Lili attack the purple moth again.

As a last resort you can send me the log (player.log) which should display the issue, or wait for R15.

BronBron06

Sep 6, 2019
Where can I find that?
I think
Hm... Not sure what the issue might be, it works fine on my end.
How I tried to replicate it: Went on floor 7, triggered a fight, waited, had Lili attack a purple moth, attacked a killer ant, had Lili attack the purple moth again.

As a last resort you can send me the log (player.log) which should display the issue, or wait for R15.
Where can I find that player log
I keep having that problem everytime I see that rabbit and Im doing that blue papilo quest

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
Where can I find that?
I think

Where can I find that player log
I keep having that problem everytime I see that rabbit and Im doing that blue papilo quest
Wait, so Lili works fine except when you encounter the Needle Rabbit?

BronBron06

Sep 6, 2019
Wait, do you mean that Lili won't attack the rabbit but skips her turn by saying "Falling Back"? So the battle doesn't actually freeze?
On this instance she said leave that purple moth to me and game is stuck, in the sense Lily wont pass her turn.
There's still music playing.

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
On this instance she said leave that purple moth to me and game is stuck, in the sense Lily wont pass her turn.
There's still music playing.
Oh ok, managed to replicate the bug... It is this one:
"- Fixed: Battle freezing on Floor 7 when Liliruca attempts to hit an already defeated Blue Papilo or Purple Moth."

It was fixed on R15, basically Lili keeps targetting an already dead creature as it is the weakest, however it no longer exists, so the game freezes.

There is no patch for R14 as that bug was discovered in the mid of R15 development, so you will have to wait for the next release.

Reactions: BronBron06

BronBron06

Sep 6, 2019
I love the layout of this floor but I think this ! point is bugged and I cant seem to find my next destination on this floor Ive been running around in circles for a while and my HP is almost gone

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
I love the layout of this floor but I think this ! point is bugged and I cant seem to find my next destination on this floor Ive been running around in circles for a while and my HP is almost gone
The exclamation point is there because I had to spawn it at the end of R14, however it is not interactable yet because the script that continues on R15 doesn't exist yet.

You can go back from the stairs you came from: If you are fully healed, you can climb all the way outside, otherwise you need to climb up to Floor 12 and then find the stairs to go outside.
It is an extra layer of difficulty for the middle floors, so it is always a good idea to go there with enough healing potions.

Reactions: BronBron06

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
You could also save nearby, and continue on R15 by interacting with the exclamation point... However, make sure you have enough health to be able to fight.

randomman11

Oct 19, 2018
Games that follow the lore closely are not new, they have been done in the past... Harry potter for GBC and Legacy of Goku for GBA to name a few... If anything, this is more like a fan fiction with visuals.
...Yeah. Because they're *licensed* games. What the fuck even is your point there?

Anyways, that's my opinion and a blunt summary for anyone here interested in this h game, so if like me; you ain't looking for monogamous barely h games - this is a game to avoid.

Doesn't mean I don't wish you best of luck to your game, but I will stand by my observation you're just freely using source material in your game which *licensed* games have to fork over cash for, so don't use that kinda cringe comparison, it will make me mentally note you down as a creator likely to barely make any original content and likely to thus abandon projects.
My blatant bad-mouthing aside, improve the dungeon exploration aspect if you're gonna make it a whole thing. Rance 6 has a similar way of game exploring and h events that you can gleam some use out of, alongside improving the whole design aspect of the areas you made, the whole thing is basically low quality at a glance. And keep in mind, Rance 6 came out like. decades ago.
Honestly, after playing those 2-3 hours, I've not seen a single h scene or element there, and it looks like you can very instantly, right at the start even, get locked into one of those monogamous routes of yours, and it isn't even pointed out in the game that you're locked in, far as I've observed.
SO. Yes, it's lacking, from my perspective. But I'm not your target audience, so it's fine anyways.

• I just jizzed my pants
Reactions: Winterfire

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
...Yeah. Because they're *licensed* games. What the fuck even is your point there?
The fact that they are licensed games is meaningless and does not change my point.
Not all fan games need to be trainer games nor do the characters need to be broken out of their personality to fit some weird narrative centered about sex, this is not what I am trying to do here.

This is more akin to a Fan-Fiction, and while some of them do change almost everything, others only change some elements while keeping the story lore friendly; Someone on discord once linked me to a nice Fan-Fiction about Riveria replacing Ais' role in the main story (and all the effects of that change), it was a pretty nice read.
My game is trying to do that, but with more characters and story elements.

This is a completely creative decision born from my belief that having romance and sex scenes with a certain character feels better when they are part of the world/story you know, with the personality you'd expect them to have.
Licensed games can also be spin-offs and have almost nothing to do with the main series, I know because I played some of those as well in the past (and saw trailers of recent ones as well).

I prefer those that stick with the main story... As with any decision, some do agree with me, some do not.
There is no game that is universally liked, everyone has different tastes and I understand that.

Anyways, that's my opinion and a blunt summary for anyone here interested in this h game, so if like me; you ain't looking for monogamous barely h games - this is a game to avoid.
I am very sorry to hear that you do not enjoy this game, but that cannot be helped.
Do you know what would help? Paying attention to the Game Thread's tags.

I have mentioned way more than I'd like the fact that this thread never had nor ever will have the "Harem" tag, unlike those games that feature harem.
I never promised it in any shape or form, never put any future planned tag, and even took the extra step to put a warning of "No harem" on my GDD back when I was still planning this game, and even a warning in game... Not to mention I have always been transparent and active in the community, so I probably said "This game has no harem" quite often.
It should not come as a surprise, really.

It is as if a game has no NTR, never advertised itself as such, then a hoarde of people invaded the thread by asking "NTR?" "NTR WHEN?!" "WHY NO NTR?!". I truly do not understand this.
I guess I am lucky that I do not actually mind Harem, otherwise this would have gotten midly annoying fairly quickly.
Speaking of which, if you enjoy Harem you can play my other game Overlord H or follow me and wait for my next project.

Oh, but perhaps you won't enjoy Overlord H either because while it features Harem, it is not completable in a single playthrough, and this is what it is truly about, right?
Yeah, it sucks to have a game with choices and different outcomes that cannot be completed in a single playthrough, but this is something I have attempted to fix for my next project, so there is a big chance you will like it!

Doesn't mean I don't wish you best of luck to your game
Thanks!

but I will stand by my observation you're just freely using source material in your game which *licensed* games have to fork over cash for, so don't use that kinda cringe comparison
I never said I am not, this is a completely fan made project for other fans, and it never claimed to be more than this.

I was not comparing this to those games, I was simply stating that official games can follow the source material with few to no changes, so it is nothing new.
Likewise, there are official games both old and new that do not follow the source material, or very few elements of it.

Do you know why there is such a contrasting difference between the two? Because it is a completely creative choice, and license has nothing to do with it.

it will make me mentally note you down as a creator likely to barely make any original content and likely to thus abandon projects.
I mean... You could, but you'd be factually wrong since not only I have made two original games (+ my parody games do have original content which tries to extend or alter some of the original story), but I never abandoned any project. In fact, I have completed 4 and this one is on a good way to be completed as well.

My blatant bad-mouthing aside, improve the dungeon exploration aspect if you're gonna make it a whole thing. Rance 6 has a similar way of game exploring and h events that you can gleam some use out of, alongside improving the whole design aspect of the areas you made, the whole thing is basically low quality at a glance. And keep in mind, Rance 6 came out like. decades ago.
R14 adds Artifacts, only three of them so far, but their relative puzzles fill the dungeon with some extra events.
It will be only more filled once all the planned artifacts are added.
You're right though, Dungeon and other things still need some extra work done... In these past few releases I have been advancing with the story, but at some point I will need to stop/slow down and shorten my to-do list by focusing on other things first... Such as the settings menu, and all that it comes with it (Controls, favourite key, and so on).

As for the H events, there are actually a few... One in Eina's route, then a bunch on Floor 18.
I have also planned one for Liliruca (You can actually see it in my to-do list).

In case you are wondering why they are so few, it is logical:
1. Bell is not Rance, he won't go around raping anything that moves.
2. The dungeon is a dangerous place, you do not want your pp out all the time when a monster with very sharp claws could pop up from the ceiling and end your whole career. Sometimes it is worth the risk, but you definitely want to look for a better place to have your intimacy.

As for the design of the areas... I do not know what you mean.
They are designed to be lore friendly... I believe they fit the description of each floor, down to the lighting.
If you mean graphically, there is only so much I am able to do... If I could do better artistically, I would have done it already.

Honestly, after playing those 2-3 hours, I've not seen a single h scene or element there
Yeah, some games do not have hentai scenes after 3 sentences past the intro, oh the horror

and it looks like you can very instantly, right at the start even, get locked into one of those monogamous routes of yours
... Which would unlock hentai scenes (with said character)...

and it isn't even pointed out in the game that you're locked in, far as I've observed.
Yeah, it is not like the game warns you that there is no harem.
If only the game thread gave at least a hint... Like, I do not know, a lack of "Harem" tag that harem games have.

Is it really so unthinkable for a game to have no harem that you except games to automatically offer that option even if they are not tagged as such?
Stupid question, of course that is the case.

Imagine being a game dev and not adding a harem option, I am not better than a worthless swine, please whip me.

SO. Yes, it's lacking, from my perspective. But I'm not your target audience, so it's fine anyways.
True, but you can always check my next project, it could be more to your liking!

AlexaSky

Jun 26, 2021
2. The dungeon is a dangerous place, you do not want your pp out all the time when a monster with very sharp claws could pop up from the ceiling and end your whole career. Sometimes it is worth the risk, but you definitely want to look for a better place to have your intimacy.
download.gif
If only there were more rapey monster girls and less monster boys :p

Psykoman1978

Mar 21, 2022
The exclamation point is there because I had to spawn it at the end of R14, however it is not interactable yet because the script that continues on R15 doesn't exist yet.

You can go back from the stairs you came from: If you are fully healed, you can climb all the way outside, otherwise you need to climb up to Floor 12 and then find the stairs to go outside.
It is an extra layer of difficulty for the middle floors, so it is always a good idea to go there with enough healing potions.
so you can´t finish the quest explore the 13th floor?

3.60 star(s) 19 Votes