Aug 22, 2021
Found a UI bug/inconvenience. While in the dungeon, the escape key opens a menu, but pressing it again does not exit that menu (which is itself absent a return button). Instead I have to click 'load' then escape again.

Reactions: Winterfire
Aug 22, 2021
Also the required grind to complete the E-tier quest requirement is absolutely inexcusable. In order to do it, I had to fully exhaust 4 monster lures on level 4 which took over an hour and a half. In many RPGs, that wouldn't be a problem, but here there are only 3 enemy types who were completely irrelevantly weak when I started that grind. There wasn't anything to explore or discover, so it was almost 2 hours of utterly soulless grind.

That is something I would be willing to accept were I making that choice to overcome something, but doing it just to fulfill a quest requirement... that doesn't give you anything positive back as a mechanic. Also the process of avoiding that grind for money is also completely ineffective: to raise a state (agility for example) from 150 to 400 using the train button at an average of 5 points per run (what I saw when I tried), I would need to cycle through the 'read my back' scene 50 times. That grind is even more souless.

I would suggest either (1) making the stat growth faster during that quest, (2) adding random loot or something to look for during that quest, or (3) adding more sidequests or buyable things while participating in that grind. I recognize that this is an annoying void to fill in retrospect, but this will legitimately drive off a significant part of this games audience early on.

Also can you please make the walkthrough's not patreon blocked for the public version of the game? Especially in a game where your choices heavily limit the content you will see later on, a walkthrough is a requirement if you only want to play the game once.

Aug 22, 2021
Also another bug/UI thing, if a monster lure runs out on a space in which combat starts, the normal movement and inventory UI at the bottom middle are still visible in the combat menu.

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
Also the required grind to complete the E-tier quest requirement is absolutely inexcusable. In order to do it, I had to fully exhaust 4 monster lures on level 4 which took over an hour and a half. In many RPGs, that wouldn't be a problem, but here there are only 3 enemy types who were completely irrelevantly weak when I started that grind. There wasn't anything to explore or discover, so it was almost 2 hours of utterly soulless grind.

That is something I would be willing to accept were I making that choice to overcome something, but doing it just to fulfill a quest requirement... that doesn't give you anything positive back as a mechanic. Also the process of avoiding that grind for money is also completely ineffective: to raise a state (agility for example) from 150 to 400 using the train button at an average of 5 points per run (what I saw when I tried), I would need to cycle through the 'read my back' scene 50 times. That grind is even more souless.

I would suggest either (1) making the stat growth faster during that quest, (2) adding random loot or something to look for during that quest, or (3) adding more sidequests or buyable things while participating in that grind. I recognize that this is an annoying void to fill in retrospect, but this will legitimately drive off a significant part of this games audience early on.

Also can you please make the walkthrough's not patreon blocked for the public version of the game? Especially in a game where your choices heavily limit the content you will see later on, a walkthrough is a requirement if you only want to play the game once.
5 points is impossible, especially when it comes to agility. Only a stat needs to get to E rank, if all your stats were 150 then I am surprised you even got to that point, you were severely underlevelled.
There are secrets in the dungeon, and side quests you can take in the guild (although not enough, still need to add more), although it is likely you already picked all you could in the first four floors.

The excelia gain has already been balanced, and it does not really need any further improvement, you most likely picked the hard difficulty which was a request by some people that enjoy grinding (normal difficulty would probably fit you more) and you never ate at the Hostess of Fertility, which increases the excelia modifier (up to 12, in normal difficulty).

The walkthrough or any extra is never made public by me, they are Patreon only.
The game does not really need one anyway, the gallery contains hints and there are very few meaningful choices (Mostly routes to pursue) to avoid having to replay the game too many times.
Completing the gallery in a single playthrough is impossible, even with a walkthrough.

Aug 22, 2021
5 points is impossible, especially when it comes to agility. Only a stat needs to get to E rank, if all your stats were 150 then I am surprised you even got to that point, you were severely underlevelled.
There are secrets in the dungeon, and side quests you can take in the guild (although not enough, still need to add more), although it is likely you already picked all you could in the first four floors.

The excelia gain has already been balanced, and it does not really need any further improvement [...] you never ate at the Hostess of Fertility, which increases the excelia modifier (up to 12, in normal difficulty).
I hear what you are saying, but I fear you are missing my point. Yes, my example may not be exactly correct (though it certainly isn't off by more than half), but having to click a 'skip the grind button' more than 10x is entirely self-defeating. At the very least, you could have it cost 10x more for 10x the effect, or have multiple options so that it serves a purpose.

The core issue here, beyond the grind itself, is that there is nothing to do but grind in that situation. No items to find, no lore to read, no drops to do anything with (since they are all disguised money that is auto-sold), no skills to learn or buy, and no strategies to develop since all you have is an attack button. Anything I could actually do during the grind would make it infinitely more tolerable.

Again, I recognize that this is a painful point to hear, and I only write this out of a genuine desire to see it improve.

you most likely picked the hard difficulty which was a request by some people that enjoy grinding (normal difficulty would probably fit you more)
I did indeed, but I did so because the description at the beginning of the game said (or implied) that there would be less grind in hard mode (more excelia gain, but a standard-tougher RPG difficulty requiring more strategy). I very well may have misinterpreted that, but the degree of grind is still absurd under the circumstances.

Additionally, higher grind on higher difficulties is usually satisfying because you are training to overcome something. Maybe an area or difficult boss, but a goal that is self imposed by your choice. This condition is only frustrating because the only thing stopping you is a lore-based story objective, not a challenge. There is no achievement in that (other than the privilege of seeing more story, which is poisoned by a new fear of future grind).

The walkthrough or any extra is never made public by me, they are Patreon only.
The game does not really need one anyway, the gallery contains hints and there are very few meaningful choices (Mostly routes to pursue) to avoid having to replay the game too many times.
Completing the gallery in a single playthrough is impossible, even with a walkthrough.
I see that, but what financial purpose could that possibly serve for you? The only reason to read a walkthrough is when you already have the game (at which point being a subscriber or not is irrelevant). You aren't earning patronage by charging for it, and you are only earning potential bad will by paywalling it. The way I see it, making it available would only increase viewership of your game, so I don't understand why you would lock it off...

For the record, I just wanted to know which sequence of choices led to the harem ending since I may not know them when they arrive during the story. I also want to know (or infer) what limitations that choice has in case it has implications for the sequel. I can download a save to see the gallery, but I would rather experience the story I would choose when I play.

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
I did indeed, but I did so because the description at the beginning of the game said (or implied) that there would be less grind in hard mode (more excelia gain, but a standard-tougher RPG difficulty requiring more strategy). I very well may have misinterpreted that, but the degree of grind is still absurd under the circumstances.
My English went spaghetti or you misunderstood then, because it is the exact opposite.
In Hard Mode the limit is increased (You get a stronger version of Bell vs his normal mode counterpart) but that actually means more grinding, with a much lower excelia gain rate.
On top of that, the enemies are stronger, and they appear in higher number.

That mode is something that was requested by some people who found the normal mode way too easy and liked the grind, and wanted more of it. Those same people still easily reach 1500 on all stats way ahead than planned x).
However, it is definitely not for everybody. You'd have a much better experience on Normal Difficulty for your Harem route, and story mode where you can simply skip the read dialogue for all the rest.

I hear what you are saying, but I fear you are missing my point. Yes, my example may not be exactly correct (though it certainly isn't off by more than half), but having to click a 'skip the grind button' more than 10x is entirely self-defeating. At the very least, you could have it cost 10x more for 10x the effect, or have multiple options so that it serves a purpose.

The core issue here, beyond the grind itself, is that there is nothing to do but grind in that situation. No items to find, no lore to read, no drops to do anything with (since they are all disguised money that is auto-sold), no skills to learn or buy, and no strategies to develop since all you have is an attack button. Anything I could actually do during the grind would make it infinitely more tolerable.

Again, I recognize that this is a painful point to hear, and I only write this out of a genuine desire to see it improve.
The problem is that not all possibilities are predictable, not only the game is balanced after the Normal Mode but unless you were extremely lucky, you shouldn't have reached that point with 150 in all your stats, especially in Hard Mode.
I believe that point is after the Silverback, he should have slapped you enough to make your Endurance reach close to E rank at the very least.
The Silverback has 200+ in all his stats, and he's even stronger in Hard Mode.
In short, yours was just an unlucky circumstance which shouldn't be easily replicable.

As for the things you have mentioned, I believe you have found a white feather on the third floor, that is a secret that eventually ends up with a reward on the ninth floor, and like that, there are other secrets throughout the dungeon.
The issue is that you are still way early in the game, and aside from an orb and a white feather which are both the beginning of two secrets, there's not much else because at that point you are expected to progress more in the story.

It is not unlikely I will be adding more stuff even in the lower floors as I have lots of todo stuff and the game is still in development, but all the interesting stuff will happen deep in the dungeon by design.
As for the skills/magic, these happen in two separate routes, and much later in the story when you are trained by Ais/Riveria in preparation for a boss fight.

Additionally, higher grind on higher difficulties is usually satisfying because you are training to overcome something. Maybe an area or difficult boss, but a goal that is self imposed by your choice. This condition is only frustrating because the only thing stopping you is a lore-based story objective, not a challenge. There is no achievement in that (other than the privilege of seeing more story, which is poisoned by a new fear of future grind).
There are a few challenging bosses, but it highly depends on which level your Bell is at that moment. If you grind his stats to the maximum and you are playing Normal Mode, you can easily overcome all of them.
The only true challenge (even if you have grinded a lot) will be against Aisha, which is one of the requirements for the Harem Route.
Some adventurers will also become stronger once I code their abilities/spells.

There are achievements with rewards (the trophy icon in the hub) for Hard Mode, but those are only a couple of points extra. Even once I added all the reward scenes, you should be able to unlock all of them even in Normal Mode.

I see that, but what financial purpose could that possibly serve for you? The only reason to read a walkthrough is when you already have the game (at which point being a subscriber or not is irrelevant). You aren't earning patronage by charging for it, and you are only earning potential bad will by paywalling it. The way I see it, making it available would only increase viewership of your game, so I don't understand why you would lock it off...
It is because I consider it an optional, something extra that is not necessary to play and complete the game.
A little like cheats, high res cgs, and other stuff that is also a Patreon reward.
As such, I always answer when someone asks me "How to get CG x?", never went like "Get the Waltkthrough!".

In my past project (Overlord H) a walkthrough was necessary to fully complete the game, but I learnt from it and made it so that the walkthrough is only an optional, and no longer a requirement.
Between the very few choices, and the hints within the gallery, it is only a matter of playing the game to unlock everything.

For the record, I just wanted to know which sequence of choices led to the harem ending since I may not know them when they arrive during the story. I also want to know (or infer) what limitations that choice has in case it has implications for the sequel. I can download a save to see the gallery, but I would rather experience the story I would choose when I play.
Just pick "Yes... !" on your first choice, and once the brothel location becomes available, do all scenes (As of R21, there should be a total of 6, 3 per character).
Do not enter any route, but you can do Demeter's scenes since she is not considered an actual route (Although her stuff needs to be redesigned at some point), get strong enough to defeat Aisha, and if you do, she will join your Familia alongside Samira and Lena, and that is where the Harem Route begins.

As of R21, the story reached the chapter where Haruhime and Aisha will be introduced, so not quite there yet.

The limitations is that you will miss out on all the other routes for most of the storyline, the advantages (other than having Harem-related scenes and CGs in the endgame) are that you'll have two extra units in the sequel.
Also, in the sequel you will be able to start a new game with VN routes (Hestia, Eina, Lili, and so on) but the harem option will be only importable, so if you want to do a single playthrough and unlock the rest in VN mode, aiming for a Harem is probably the best option.

Just keep in mind that Harem does not include all the women, hence why this game does not have a "Harem" tag.

monkey33

Aug 26, 2017
finished, my only complaints would be i got a bug where welf/lili would just not attack in auto battle mode after bell killed an enemy with reposte or something like that and i'd have to restart the game, i guess the ai couldn't figure out how to retarget to another enemy. 2nd, i wish you could get your status updated at any point. like when i first went to floor13, i was woefully underprepared (played on hard mode) so there was no way to get stronger and basically soft locked myself since couldn't "sleep" or w/e to have hestia make me stronger. i think thats about it, overall good game. (speed up battles would be nice :p )
EDIT: the first bug happened a decent amount not just once or twice, probably twice an hour i guess

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
finished, my only complaints would be i got a bug where welf/lili would just not attack in auto battle mode after bell killed an enemy with reposte or something like that and i'd have to restart the game, i guess the ai couldn't figure out how to retarget to another enemy. 2nd, i wish you could get your status updated at any point. like when i first went to floor13, i was woefully underprepared (played on hard mode) so there was no way to get stronger and basically soft locked myself since couldn't "sleep" or w/e to have hestia make me stronger. i think thats about it, overall good game. (speed up battles would be nice :p )
EDIT: the first bug happened a decent amount not just once or twice, probably twice an hour i guess
Noted down the bug, I'll fix it for R22.
Do not rely on auto combat when doing more challenging battles as the usage of items (or aiming for certain monsters) might be necessary, you can still grind and view how much excelia you have gained when exiting the dungeon manually.
Status update happens during the story, but if you feel like you are soft locked, simply use a Morbul to make sure monsters won't try to attack you.

monkey33

Aug 26, 2017
Noted down the bug, I'll fix it for R22.
Do not rely on auto combat when doing more challenging battles as the usage of items (or aiming for certain monsters) might be necessary, you can still grind and view how much excelia you have gained when exiting the dungeon manually.
Status update happens during the story, but if you feel like you are soft locked, simply use a Morbul to make sure monsters won't try to attack you.
ah true, a morbul would've worked great for the f13 part. less so for f9 mino boss tho, took me about 15 deaths to it then on the way to the 16th attempt the first random encounter i killed counted as beating the mino boss for some reason and the cutscenes started :) just hard to know how much you should grind up stats when you don't know what to expect at a point "much" beforehand to get the stat ups in time

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
Hiberaku
Hello,
Thanks for taking your time to review the game! It seems like you didn't like the game, sorry to hear that!
I would like to address some points in your review...

"I'm moving one block and immediately getting attacked by mobs."
That is exactly how RPGs with random enemy encounters work, since it is random, you could have 3 encounters in a row, or none for various steps.
You can alter this randomness with two items: "Morbul" to avoid any encounter, which is good for exploration or "Monster lure" to increase the incounters, which is good for training and/or fulfilling some quests.

"Too many bugs"
As of R21, there are only two unsolved bugs, one of which occurs only after you hit level 3.
If you encounter bugs, please report them so that I can patch them.

"too many crashes"
If crashes occur randomly, and not on a specific spot (Aka it cannot be replicated), then it is a problem with your system.
The game runs with the highest settings by default, so depending on your system, you may want to lower them.
If you believe you have a good GPU, and your drivers are fine, but you are using a laptop, make sure that the game is actually running with your GPU. Some areas are quite demanding (Such as floor 8 and 9 with are completely covered in grass).

"My save deleted 3 times!!"
The game has auto saves enabled, so you can easily recover it by loading the first auto save.

"Im done with this garbage."
Make sure to check my other games at: or https://f95zone.to/sam/latest_alpha/#/cat=games/page=1/creator=winterfire as they are quite diverse, so you might find something you can enjoy.
You can also follow me in case you wish to play other future projects of mine.

"I manage to go doungen lvl 9 and am still 1 lvl"
Even if you are not familiar with DANMACHI series, the game makes it clear right away that even a level 5 is a really big deal.
It is not one of those games where you can reach level 100, so level 1 is something you quickly pass after a few minutes.
You can get stronger by increasing your basic abilities (Strength, Endurance, Agility, Dexterity and Magic).

" still same damage . "
That is false, or a gross exageration at best.
It is simply impossible to reach floor 9 by doing the same damage, as your strength increases, so does your damage.
At some point of the story, you get a better weapon, so your damage increases even more.

" Boring af. "
You can try story mode, which turns the game into a pure Visual Novel, if that fits your taste better (It also consumes less resources in case you have a potato pc).

Aug 22, 2021
Several bugs I found in R19:
  • I cannot use any of the combat items when in combat. Only potions appear as usable.
  • The game has frozen multiple times in the autobattle mode when a supporter roles their attack. Not sure what exactly causes it to hang, but that is the last message in the battle log.
Other issues I observed:
  • Relating to the 1st above, there is no way to get rid of items in your inventory without using them. A sell button in the store for usables would be greatly appreciated. Also an option to drop/discard items in your inventory should also be added.
  • Relating to the above, even with a supporter, your inventory space is very limited when exploring deeper floors and there is no warning when it is full. I missed a bunch of monster drops because I didn't know my inventory was full.
  • I would suggest making the potions %based rather than classic hitpoint roles. The issue is that potions become almost useless (at least in combat) one dungeon run or so after you buy them. That 90k potion for 250 health doesn't make much sense when your hp total is 2500, and a round trip to the hospital to restore everything costs maybe 5-20k depending on the floor you are returning to. Also once you hit a certain endurance, no potion can effectively heal you, making the hospital the only option.
  • Finally, It is unfortunate that the earthquake spell is so objectively better than every other spell (especially since that doesn't really fit with Bell's fighting style). Since all the spells hit with less damage than your knife and earthquake is the only one to hit multiple enemies, all the other spells are rendered useless in combat. Particularly in hard mode, something that can hit all 9 enemies at once changes your per battle damage from (9+8+7+6+5+4+3+2+1 = 45) hits to only 9.

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
Several bugs I found in R19:
  • I cannot use any of the combat items when in combat. Only potions appear as usable.
It depends on what items you'd expect to use in battle, not all of them can be used. I'll run through the list later and see if anything is missing, but as of R21, flashbangs are the only item that is missing (because its functionalities have not been coded yet).

• The game has frozen multiple times in the autobattle mode when a supporter roles their attack. Not sure what exactly causes it to hang, but that is the last message in the battle log.
Someone has reported that already before, It'll be fixed on the next release (R22).

• Relating to the 1st above, there is no way to get rid of items in your inventory without using them. A sell button in the store for usables would be greatly appreciated. Also an option to drop/discard items in your inventory should also be added.
You shouldn't get rid of items, all the sellable items can be sold in the Guild or automatically by exiting the Dungeon manually.
The only items that stay in the inventory are key items (Arrow of Orion, 2nd dagger, and so on) and items you have purchased and can use.

• Relating to the above, even with a supporter, your inventory space is very limited when exploring deeper floors and there is no warning when it is full. I missed a bunch of monster drops because I didn't know my inventory was full.
You didn't miss them, they went to a separate inventory (about 3x bigger than yours) and will automatically be transfered to your inventory if you make space for it, or they are sold when you exit the dungeon manually.
I do not remember if you can also sell them from the guild.

• I would suggest making the potions %based rather than classic hitpoint roles. The issue is that potions become almost useless (at least in combat) one dungeon run or so after you buy them. That 90k potion for 250 health doesn't make much sense when your hp total is 2500, and a round trip to the hospital to restore everything costs maybe 5-20k depending on the floor you are returning to. Also once you hit a certain endurance, no potion can effectively heal you, making the hospital the only option.
Yeah, I forgot to add elixirs, they'll work like that.

• Finally, It is unfortunate that the earthquake spell is so objectively better than every other spell (especially since that doesn't really fit with Bell's fighting style). Since all the spells hit with less damage than your knife and earthquake is the only one to hit multiple enemies, all the other spells are rendered useless in combat. Particularly in hard mode, something that can hit all 9 enemies at once changes your per battle damage from (9+8+7+6+5+4+3+2+1 = 45) hits to only 9.
Earthquake is not necessarily better, monsters have strengths and weaknesses (Thought of adding bestiary, but decided to include it in the battlelog, once I code it), fire might work better against certain opponents.
Earthquake is pretty amazing on floor 8/9, but once more opponents fly around or gain resistance to magic, it won't work as well.
The extra cost and less strength vs other spells also make it tougher to train it at the beginning.

However, none of the beginner spells will matter once chanting spells will be added (costing 300/400/500/600 mp per spell, depending on their strength).

In this game, Bell's fighting style is decided by you. You can become a heavy slow hitter, a tank, a glass cannon, or a spellsblade if you enter Riveria's route and unlock the magic shop (from where you'll be able to purchase chanting spells, once they are added and strengthen your current spell casting).
Even in canon, Earthquake does fit Bell since it is a perfect crowd control for someone that started solo and still adventures with a small party (till half season 2). Arrow of Orion is also shown to work as an AoE, more powerful than Earthquake, although the movie is not really canon.

Aug 22, 2021
Gotcha. I was indeed the flashbangs that originally brought it up as I was hoping to use them to train dex.

if you enter Riveria's route and unlock the magic shop (from where you'll be able to purchase chanting spells, once they are added and strengthen your current spell casting).
Will her route be the only way to access chanted magics? I could understand accessing it early, but I would suggest against locking the player out of it entirely...

Also, since I have your attention, where the hell does the feather key go? I have explored all of floor 9 and have not found anything I could interact with for it.

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
Also, since I have your attention, where the hell does the feather key go? I have explored all of floor 9 and have not found anything I could interact with for it.
Enter the 9th floor, you see a straight long corridor, traverse it and you will enter in a big chamber, with another corridor leading out of it, in the corner there's a chest where you can use the key. It gives a random item daily (game-day), so the earlier you do it, the more chances you get to get free items out of it. There are some specials too, if I recall correctly.

Gotcha. I was indeed the flashbangs that originally brought it up as I was hoping to use them to train dex.
Yeah sorry about that, it is an item I added early in the game, but never implemented yet because I give priority to other things. Just keep them for now, eventually they will be useable.
I will still go through the list to make sure the rest works OK since I already noted the issue down.

Will her route be the only way to access chanted magics? I could understand accessing it early, but I would suggest against locking the player out of it entirely...
In this game, yes.
Riveria is pretty much the reason why Bell goes down that path, much like how Ais had a big effect on Bell when she trained him.

However, in the sequel all the locations will be open because the gameplay will work differently.

Reactions: jadih96207

masterdragonson

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2018
You shouldn't get rid of items, all the sellable items can be sold in the Guild or automatically by exiting the Dungeon manually.
The only items that stay in the inventory are key items (Arrow of Orion, 2nd dagger, and so on) and items you have purchased and can use.
I think that is more "these items have become worthless so they don't want to see the option" though the code to make a functioning pawn shop is likely more trouble then just adding more lewds

Personally if I can buy the better potions then having the lesser ones is clutter to me. Especially true if I'm deep in a dangerous level and see a starter potion or just enough gold to buy one... How did it get there? What fried that dev's brain so that they thought this would be appreciated? Worse if I have an inventory full of Elixirs :HideThePain:

There wasn't too many "This is for the lore and only for the lore" items in the dungeon so not sure what they overloaded on... Perhaps the perception that they were to manage it that brought fomo on.

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
I think that is more "these items have become worthless so they don't want to see the option" though the code to make a functioning pawn shop is likely more trouble then just adding more lewds

Personally if I can buy the better potions then having the lesser ones is clutter to me. Especially true if I'm deep in a dangerous level and see a starter potion or just enough gold to buy one... How did it get there? What fried that dev's brain so that they thought this would be appreciated? Worse if I have an inventory full of Elixirs :HideThePain:

There wasn't too many "This is for the lore and only for the lore" items in the dungeon so not sure what they overloaded on... Perhaps the perception that they were to manage it that brought fomo on.
No, coding a sell function wouldn't take that much, way less time consuming than making lewds x).

I just think there can be better solutions, such as enabling a way to heal companions with your potions (So rather than drinking them right away, have a window appear with your party members faces, and select the one you want to apply it on). This could be a better usage for your spare potions.

Elixirs will cost 500k, so for most people, they will be a last resort during a difficult fight.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: masterdragonson

masterdragonson

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2018
No, coding a sell function wouldn't take that much, way less time consuming than making lewds x).
Yeah but the fappy crowd will praise the lewds while the gameplay nerds will critique the system :geek:

I just think there can be better solutions, such as enabling a way to heal companions with your potions (So rather than drinking them right away, have a window appear with your party members faces, and select the one you want to apply it on). This could be a better usage for your spare potions.
I've seen multiple attempts over the years.
Gifting was the recyclist way to exchange junk for affection.
Having other members have access to their own inventory has had results. A balancing act where you don't want them to waste turns on items you know aren't worth the hp they recover vs the damage from the next attack or items that are so valuable the using them on a little boo boo is nightmare fuel.
Auto-Battle rules was the FFXIII way to just say f-it to the combat system. Still was nice to tell a party member that in this situation they are allowed/required to use this item.
Quest are the blackhole of items for the sake that items fall into it to appease the divine :devilish:
Shops/Charity was just letting the player deal with the problem by buying/selling.

Elixirs will cost 500k, so for most people, they will be a last resort during a difficult fight.
Some would still hawk them if given one to get into the brothel if they could :WeSmart: I know in some games when they go out of their way to give me the complementary recovery set I sell it to buy better equipment. Not a part of this game however don't forget some players are just crazy :ROFLMAO:

jadih96207

Apr 30, 2021
I've seen things like wine and cheeses as if you let them sit in your inventory they go up in potency & value. In Star Ocean the price of wine was set to the amount of steps so if you bought one early on by the end you were rich.

Brave Fencer Musashi worked spoilage into the game so cheap bread wouldn't last that long but cheeses would age with time.

Crafting is another way to repurpose old items.

As interesting as these mechanics are it sounds like overkill in a porn game when the harem route is so close to being unleashed.

Deleted member 2755092

Aug 20, 2020
Is there a way to unlock the other routes 'faster'?

While the game is decent enough, I'm not really keen on replaying it from scratch several times, since well, that's a lot of dungeenering to do :)

I do not know if all the missing routes/galleries, were because I may have been behind those spots when they got released, or if I fucked up somehow... But for now, I seem to only have the two whores, and the pharmacy girl, with no options to unlock the others.

On a side note if the dev sees this: I did not get the bug present on R18 where the game would hang/crash when trying to go up the stairs after lili. So that seems to be fixed now (same save no editing on my side since R18.)

3.60 star(s) 19 Votes