Ren'Py Legend of Krystal Parody - The New Adventure [Act 3 v0.01] [ShineSL]

3.60 star(s) 8 Votes
May 31, 2018
Yep this is nothing but secondlife with a story on top, I knew I recognized Dapvhir as the commander. I tried to give it an honest try but I see all that was used in a short time brands of creators, hair styles, head types, animations and the like and its not for me. I already see 90% of what I saw in SL already.

I do not think that the amount of percent you typed is correct. Let me explain - even though the characters are from Second Life - don't forget that Second Life is a constructor in which individual things are created. Yes, some of the elements you named above are really standard, but there are also individual elements, like textures, for example, body shapes, the idea of avatars look, and the like.

Also, do not forget that the creator of the project is not trying to mislead someone, hiding the fact that most of the project (video maretials) was created with using Second Life, however - the creator of the project adds his/her own unique idea, does a lot of work in terms of writing code, creating a plot and sequences of actions, and it is the idea itself, work on this idea (the combat system is generally a separate topic, it is in this form - you hardly ever saw something like that in Second Life) - are the exclusive work of the project creator, and you shouldn't try to belittle this work, a lot of text was written, a lot of code was added (if I'm not mistaken - about 12 thousand lines, individually written by the developer of the project, who is simultaneously learning programming while doing it) and that means something.

RedIronBox

Dec 21, 2017
What do you mean the percentage I typed isn't correct?

Everything but the code and story is SL I said it wasn't for me because every asset you see in this video is so common heck I can tell you the animations from the bed they are using are from R.a.W.a.G.e. with common camera tricks to not show clipping by the avatars, sadly its a clunky truth in SL most choose to ignore it.

Krystal her head is Sugarcult and ears by PAWS, Tail is THERAPTOR, Body skin by Pastle Planet, the body is Belleza.

Fox's breakdown is Aesthetic body with a kzk head and body texture and a dick by Aeros.

Black demon dog or (Seth) is Belleza jake, Psicorps canind, and psicorps head and black wolf body texture.

Daphvir built the station and I know she puts a lot of work into her avatar, her look is not associated with this project same with (seth) not sure what did or who he is but his avatar isn't directly created by this project either there is a direct and stark difference with how they look vs fox and krystal. Small details to the body and what they're wearing vs minimal changes.

Last but not least Combat and SL just being a constructor lets hit the latter first

SL just being a Constructor is flat wrong SL is a lot of things there are tons of games tons locations lots of experiences in world. all the way from E for everybody to XXX adult. Live music, Clubs, Sex, Huge ass combat sims and rp areas dedicated to anything everything. With quick search there is RP SIM dedicated to roleplaying in the Starfox Etolie Galaxy wear Starfox is set in. So probably this story isn't an fully original idea either but as with most stories they are a rehash of another story with just different actors so not gonna dig on it.

Combat JasX in Sl has a game that is pretty much an MMO, questing real time combat and skill usage Classes and leveling system all in SL, they also have a 1v1 based fighting game based on a card like matching system vs location hard to explain pretty fun to play.

So I reiterate this game and its base CONTENT ie all the ASSETS shown but not otherwise story, coding, and combat. Isn't for me but for others it could be great.

Last edited:
Reactions: WillIron
May 31, 2018
What do you mean the percentage I typed isn't correct?

Everything but the code and story is SL I said it wasn't for me because every asset you see in this video is so common heck I can tell you the animations from the bed they are using are from R.a.W.a.G.e. with common camera tricks to not show clipping by the avatars, sadly its a clunky truth in SL most choose to ignore it.

Krystal her head is Sugarcult and ears by PAWS, Tail is THERAPTOR, Body skin by Pastle Planet, the body is Belleza.

Fox's breakdown is Aesthetic body with a kzk head and body texture and a dick by Aeros.

Black demon dog or (Seth) is Belleza jake, Psicorps canind, and psicorps head and black wolf body texture.

Daphvir built the station and I know she puts a lot of work into her avatar, her look is not associated with this project same with (seth) not sure what did or who he is but his avatar isn't directly created by this project either there is a direct and stark difference with how they look vs fox and krystal. Small details to the body and what they're wearing vs minimal changes.

Last but not least Combat and SL just being a constructor lets hit the latter first

SL just being a Constructor is flat wrong SL is a lot of things there are tons of games tons locations lots of experiences in world. all the way from E for everybody to XXX adult. Live music, Clubs, Sex, Huge ass combat sims and rp areas dedicated to anything everything. With quick search there is RP SIM dedicated to roleplaying in the Starfox Etolie Galaxy wear Starfox is set in. So probably this story isn't an fully original idea either but as with most stories they are a rehash of another story with just different actors so not gonna dig on it.

Combat JasX in Sl has a game that is pretty much an MMO, questing real time combat and skill usage Classes and leveling system all in SL, they also have a 1v1 based fighting game based on a card like matching system vs location hard to explain pretty fun to play.

So I reiterate this game and its base CONTENT ie all the ASSETS shown but not otherwise story, coding, and combat. Isn't for me but for others it could be great.

Your position is understandable, however, I have a counter question - how many do you know the creators, what you actually decided for free - to study programming and make a game in the universe that he/she loves?

No, I'm serious - before you, many of people were compared this game with another game project, the budget of which is actually 1000 times higher, and some special individuals - generally began to compare games of different genres, citing as an example almost GTA 5 or something in this direction.

Yes, the project is making in Second Life, no one denies it, however, according to the criteria that I said earlier, this work is not an attempt to cheat, collect money, and the like. The creator of the project does it because he likes it. Do you know a lot of such creators?

Well, or what do you generally expect from games, what do creators giving you for free? ... What should be in it? ... Do you know a lot of game creators, who will do something for the public actually for free ?. ..

Think about this before continuing with your unfair criticism. I'm afraid that if I show this branch to the creator of the project, he / she may refuse to work on it at all. Do you want that? If so, keep up the good work and you will get another abandoned game.

However, if you liked the game in some way - do not hesitate to leave Reviews, according to forum rules.

Last edited:
May 31, 2018
Well, it looks like I was wrong. I spoke with the creator of this game, showed the link to this forum, and, apparently - he / she does not even think about canceling work on this game. However, there were some information that developer wanted to convey to some of the participants in this forum, and I will post them (conveyed not word for word, since our communication was not on English language, but the general meaning is preserved) :

--------------------

This game project is created with using the engine Ren'Py, with all its advantages and disadvantages, and, in fact, is a visual novel type (mostly).

- What is a visual novel is? -

Since some people like to compare games unfairly, from different categories, genres, with different budgets, without thinking at all about what they are doing - this link may be useful for them -

- What is an engine Ren'Py, and what games are created on it? -

In fact, this question could be connected with the previous one, after all, the Ren'Py engine is mostly used to create visual novels, but since many * experts * do not pay attention to this, and climb leaving their review, without thinking at all about - what they compare with - this paragraph is intended for those who did not understand the meaning of the previous paragraph.

- Project budget, and why is the game being made at all -

Well, even as I already wrote about this above, however, there was still a request to repeat about to remind, that this game, in fact, is being done for free. The creator of the game spent a lot of time learning programming, and still continues to do so, having the main income on the same Patreon completely not from this work, and will continue to do so as long as there is an opportunity to do so, so as the goal is to try to create something new, and for now - the interest is still not lost.

- A huge request from the developer -

And the last thing - For all those who were somehow discouraged in the series of games, regarding the Legend of Krystal, please know that this particular developer has never let anyone down, and always did his\her job. Therefore, the developer asks for a fair and honest assessment of his\her work.

---------------------

I hope this message will bring a positive effect, as well as for all those who liked the game - another reminder - do not forget to leave a review, as your indifference completely unties the hands of the haters. :)

Last edited:

RedIronBox

Dec 21, 2017
So lets get this out of the way the creator on their own post refers to you as a friend which makes you biased, which is fine your touting there flag pushing there work cool. You still miss the damn point Its not for me because the content is nothing special to me, folks who are used to said content are going to be in the same boat.

Reactions: grrrca

Zero112

May 29, 2019
I’ve been a supporter of Shine on Patreon for going on 2 years now and I have to say this is one of their biggest projects yet. They have always delivered their videos on time and the quality is almost always good, so this game has a definite chance to grow into something wonderful. As it has been stated before this game is mainly a visual novel, they are new to programming, but honestly they have taken great strides since they started. Plus you need to understand that Shine doesn’t have a big budget, they have mainly a few loyal fans chipping in on Patreon and the commissions they get for videos. I checked a few days ago and they barely get over $200 a month from Patreon so most of this is done out of pocket, so they have to continue a day job as well to do what they love. Please don’t judge it on quantity, or quality, judge it on the fact that it’s a passion project and her previous work will let you understand how good this can grow to be.

Reactions: MyLittleTrolly
May 31, 2018
So lets get this out of the way the creator on their own post refers to you as a friend which makes you biased, which is fine your touting there flag pushing there work cool. You still miss the damn point Its not for me because the content is nothing special to me, folks who are used to said content are going to be in the same boat.
In almost every active thread there are both supporters and opponents of a particular project. Attitude adopted? No, I wrote in my review - why I put 5 stars, because I see the prospect of a game project, and therefore I help to promote it. But those who come, write a review, not thinking at all about what they are writing, generally not able to correctly analyze their position, and sometimes even openly trolls or deliberately express a negative position - such people should be denied access to such Internet resources.

I will not hide - I am pleased to hear that creator called me a friend, but I am not here for this, first of all - I want to see what will ultimately come out of this game, if it is will be completed.

But don't get me wrong, I'm not specifically blaming you, you have your own position, but again, if you decide to leave a review about the game, please do not forget about what type of games this game generally belongs to. Yes, it uses content from Second Life, but beyond that - there is a lot more. And many visual novels are generally a set of pictures, sometimes with very monotonous text, which many like to skip, and against their background this project looks much more interesting (an interesting find of a *noob* developer, which was not particularly appreciated :))

Last edited:

Sharun

Jun 29, 2017
Just some thought frome me...

First and most important point, its Krystal. That means i will surely play it, no matter how good or bad, so good choice there. Although for my taste, the breasts are too big - but thats a personal thing, i will role with what is presented.

I also like Visual Novel Style, the last years of mainly rpg games got me a little bit bored now. But its hard to say anything about the story yet, that will need some updates.

A big minus for me is the navigation. While it is easy to learn them atm (they are even fewer after some events) its hard to remember when you come back after a while. There may be different solutions, a map, or maybe a change form "Forward" to "location X" after you discovered it the first time, i dont know. But it needs a little more thought into it.
And i will not take the exploring argument Trolly, even if it was a nice reply! XD

The Voicing is in some points nice, in other it doesnt make that much sense (in regards to the Engineer options) Im not that much into it in any games, but why not i can mute if i dont want to hear it.

Overall, im interested and look forward to the next updates. When im back on track i gladly join the supporters, but that will take some more time sadly. Good luck to the devs until then!

May 31, 2018
The Voicing is in some points nice, in other it doesnt make that much sense (in regards to the Engineer options) Im not that much into it in any games, but why not i can mute if i dont want to hear it.
Actually, the sound in the game can be customized :) - https://attachments.f95zone.to/2020/12/956413_Sounds_Control.jpg

A big minus for me is the navigation. While it is easy to learn them atm (they are even fewer after some events) its hard to remember when you come back after a while. There may be different solutions, a map, or maybe a change form "Forward" to "location X" after you discovered it the first time, i dont know. But it needs a little more thought into it.
And i will not take the exploring argument Trolly, even if it was a nice reply! XD
The game tries to speak with us in difficult moments - https://attachments.f95zone.to/2020/12/956414_Some_Helping_Info.jpg

As for the map - until now the creator of the game don't knows how to do it, or he/she hasn't gotten around to it. However, maybe the game will have not only a map, but also inventory, it all depends on how much free time the developer will have, and how lucky he/she will be in the terms of learning coding :)

May 31, 2018
Hi I really like your work on this game are you going to make this game on Android

As far as I know, the creator of the game does not have this in the plans, since there are too many nuances for creating such a version of the game, which discourage all interest in terms of creating it

Yakjzak

Nov 21, 2018
Is it just me? the game goes to the main menu screen after i finished the duel between Krystal and the arragonian in the Spare hangar, whatever end i choose to the duel, is there another route, or do i do something wrong?

May 31, 2018
Is it just me? the game goes to the main menu screen after i finished the duel between Krystal and the arragonian in the Spare hangar, whatever end i choose to the duel, is there another route, or do i do something wrong?

No, everything is fine, dialogues, sex scenes, etc. will be added in version 0.4

Sharun

Jun 29, 2017
Actually, the sound in the game can be customized :) - https://attachments.f95zone.to/2020/12/956413_Sounds_Control.jpg

The game tries to speak with us in difficult moments - https://attachments.f95zone.to/2020/12/956414_Some_Helping_Info.jpg

As for the map - until now the creator of the game don't knows how to do it, or he/she hasn't gotten around to it. However, maybe the game will have not only a map, but also inventory, it all depends on how much free time the developer will have, and how lucky he/she will be in the terms of learning coding :)
Well maybe my english wasnt correct, i meant that i know i can mute. Just stated my opinion. Also the movements, i didnt skip everytime. My concern was that, if you follow different games like me and sometimes miss one update or notice it after a couple of months, there is a high possibility that you forget all those places. Sure, right now its easy to relearn them, but once it gets more complexe it will lead to more frustration than the wish to engage again.
But i know its the first attempt, and i cant do more than give some feedback, which i am sure you eagerly share seeing your investment :D

May 31, 2018
Well maybe my english wasnt correct, i meant that i know i can mute. Just stated my opinion. Also the movements, i didnt skip everytime. My concern was that, if you follow different games like me and sometimes miss one update or notice it after a couple of months, there is a high possibility that you forget all those places. Sure, right now its easy to relearn them, but once it gets more complexe it will lead to more frustration than the wish to engage again.
But i know its the first attempt, and i cant do more than give some feedback, which i am sure you eagerly share seeing your investment :D

Your point of view is more than understandable, although there are quite a few controls in the visual novel, so I don't think that there should be problems with this particular game, at least for now (In the future, the appearance of inventory and more quest elements is possible, which may complicate the gameplay somewhat, but I don't think it will complicate much) :)

Yakjzak

Nov 21, 2018
No, everything is fine, dialogues, sex scenes, etc. will be added in version 0.4
Well, in that case, thanks, just a little bit disapointed there's no message saying something like "hi it's the end on this version of the relese, i hope you had a great fap" idk something like that? ^^

May 31, 2018
Well, in that case, thanks, just a little bit disapointed there's no message saying something like "hi it's the end on this version of the relese, i hope you had a great fap" idk something like that? ^^
Well, the author of the game said so on his public page that in this update only a test combat system was added, and not big fixes in the game itself, but yes, the warning text that this is the end of this version of the game would not be superfluous :)

Reactions: Yakjzak
3.60 star(s) 8 Votes