Kawaiikaze

May 20, 2022
He thanks them and corrects the error. If he doesn't have time to get to it right away, a screen grab of it gets pinned as a reminder for him to go back in later.

He actually responds rather well to feature requests. It's people whining about the puzzles that he doesn't respond well to, and at this points it's more because he's already said that he's not going to change it 100 times, and people continuing to ask are, in his mind, just doing it to troll him.
You know what, thats fair, I dont really mind the puzzles, just dislike the way he goes about it sometimes with random bits of information spread across multiple events that can lead to a lot of backtrack if you haven't been dutifully taking notes. The shopping maze was perfect, and I truly hope it becomes the standard from now on, to be honest, I wouldn't even mind having to note random bits of information if it actually happened in an open sandbox you could explore to find answers instead of hoping to find that one event with that one information you need.
My biggest gripe is just with how counterintuitive the sandbox aspect of the game is, sure you can go around and memorize the usual places that each character frequents, but then their events are laced to someone else's or you have to go in a rather specific day, or call them at an specific period of the day and this can be frustrating.
There's reason why whenever an update drops I prefer to just check out every single location and option while skipping the story to find out the correct order of events before actually enjoying it. In the end it doesn't matter how good the story is, or how the characters are really well written if you can't have any sense of enjoyment when actually playing blind, and this turns off many potential players, I have my doubts if I'd ever even finish the first chapter without the guide mod.

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
My biggest gripe is just with how counterintuitive the sandbox aspect of the game is, sure you can go around and memorize the usual places that each character frequents, but then their events are laced to someone else's or you have to go in a rather specific day, or call them at an specific period of the day and this can be frustrating.
I get the impression he's kinda over it too. That's why we've been getting more event chains lately, even outside the beach/dorm war/xmas/halloween stuff, a lot more events are chaining directly into one another than in earlier chapters. He also mentioned on the Discord that his next project won't have any sandbox at all.

derekthered56

May 30, 2018
I get the impression he's kinda over it too. That's why we've been getting more event chains lately, even outside the beach/dorm war/xmas/halloween stuff, a lot more events are chaining directly into one another than in earlier chapters. He also mentioned on the Discord that his next project won't have any sandbox at all.
Wasn't it just a couple updates ago we had to get an Otoha event by meeting Rin specifically on a sunday morning or something? I feel like the over-specific event requirements thing hasn't really been getting better at all.

Reactions: dantarium

Kawaiikaze

May 20, 2022
Thank Fucking God, while I appreciate the choice (or ilusion of) it doesnt really make sense since we're still supposed to follow the "routes" of all 35 girls, at most you can choose the order that you do the events sometimes.
I'm still not sure if adding more chains is actually better tho, sure in theory you have less events to "hunt", but now that they are all somewhat tied to each other it can be just as frustrating since your options to approach events is even more limited. The biggest offender was the Sara-Yuki chain or Chika-Tsubasa, where in the former you had to call Yuki during a Friday (normally you can't call her during the week) and in the latter you had to reach Tsubasa affection requirements to start a Chika event by calling her during Saturday Afternoon.
I don't know how you could make the system better without changing it in some meaningful way, but maybe have the characters call you or some shit when it's really specific? We do have a phone system after all

fdsasdf_p

Apr 24, 2021
Hmm I might be the fewer ones that actually enjoy the sandbox element in LiL (under the premise of using URM though).

Do I hate not knowing where to go or who to call? Of course. Do I hate having to wait from Sunday to next Saturday? Absolutely.

But at the same time visiting girls feels real at least during the early game; I eventually have to progress with all of them sure, but I choose to spend time with you today. Besides, nothing beats stumbling upon a happy scene.

Kawaiikaze

May 20, 2022
Hmm I might be the fewer ones that actually enjoy the sandbox element in LiL (under the premise of using URM though).

Do I hate not knowing where to go or who to call? Of course. Do I hate having to wait from Sunday to next Saturday? Absolutely.

But at the same time visiting girls feels real at least during the early game; I eventually have to progress with all of them sure, but I choose to spend time with you today. Besides, nothing beats stumbling upon a happy scene.
The sandbox itself is not bad, just the way it works when it comes to story progression, it was fun during the early game because we had lots of open ends and the game could be approached in multiple ways but as the game advances the quantity of events available are reduced and they are often tied to each other so you get to the end of this plotline before moving to the next which is fine, continuity and all, but then you have to farm 25 points with Osako which you can only see during the weekends or you should catch up with Yumi's events before going to the bathhouse with Chika for a better outcome.
Sel has recently been trying to chain events more often to reduce the maze, but it arguably got worse since now you gotta worry about 2 separate characters for a single chain that can be activated in unexpected ways such as the examples I used earlier (Chika-Tsubasa, Yuki-Sara).
All in all, I enjoy the sandbox elements, I like seeing new locations dropping with new characters, dialogue changing as you get close to them and more options getting unlocked, even more so since lots of places changed with chapter 3, I love the dialogue between Maya and Sensei when you call her at night for example.
To reduce some of the problems with the sandbox it would be good if the characters invited us sometimes instead of Sensei having to reach out to them every single time, have Molly call to hang out during Friday, or maybe Yuki asking for help at work, it would make it more natural and fluid, instead of requiring the player to try every single possible option until you find that one specific trigger you need.

Reactions: fdsasdf_p

k1n5l4y3r

Jun 20, 2018
The sandbox itself is not bad, just the way it works when it comes to story progression, it was fun during the early game because we had lots of open ends and the game could be approached in multiple ways but as the game advances the quantity of events available are reduced and they are often tied to each other so you get to the end of this plotline before moving to the next which is fine, continuity and all, but then you have to farm 25 points with Osako which you can only see during the weekends or you should catch up with Yumi's events before going to the bathhouse with Chika for a better outcome.
Sel has recently been trying to chain events more often to reduce the maze, but it arguably got worse since now you gotta worry about 2 separate characters for a single chain that can be activated in unexpected ways such as the examples I used earlier (Chika-Tsubasa, Yuki-Sara).
All in all, I enjoy the sandbox elements, I like seeing new locations dropping with new characters, dialogue changing as you get close to them and more options getting unlocked, even more so since lots of places changed with chapter 3, I love the dialogue between Maya and Sensei when you call her at night for example.
To reduce some of the problems with the sandbox it would be good if the characters invited us sometimes instead of Sensei having to reach out to them every single time, have Molly call to hang out during Friday, or maybe Yuki asking for help at work, it would make it more natural and fluid, instead of requiring the player to try every single possible option until you find that one specific trigger you need.
Yeah, it's horrible having to find that one event you need to procced or the last one and it's something like calling Rin in the morning on a wednesday when it's friday in real life and a full moon, to end up meeting with Sara that then leads to the last Karin event you need to unlock the Io event that happens when you you go to the dive bar on a saturday evening if you're wearing a slightly thicker t-shirt.

FireCazador

May 22, 2020
Last edited:

Vega Cifer

Oct 3, 2022
Hey guys, I need some help with the cheat mod for changing affection and lust. I can't seem to open the dev console after placing it into the subfolder, is it still shift + O to open it? Or is it something else
Bump do this cause I still can't figure it out tbh

FireCazador

May 22, 2020
Hey guys, I need some help with the cheat mod for changing affection and lust. I can't seem to open the dev console after placing it into the subfolder, is it still shift + O to open it? Or is it something else
If youre using the marvellous URM its ALT+M

4.20 star(s) 295 Votes