DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
I think I'd make the distinction here that Otoha knows about Sekai, or her poetry, or what have you, while Nodoka may know Sekai in a more "I've had hallucinations of her" sense (and I don't believe Otoha has).

I know I'm splitting hairs here and it's also just my opinion, but with this game, it helps to try to distinguish because who knows what each character actually perceives? Perception is important, after all.
That's a big reason I try to show the screenshots. But actually, it could be the other way around.

I'd think if Nodoka had seen Sekai even as a hallucination, she'd probably realize that Ami and her, look too much alike to not be related. She's just now realizing they are related because their poetry was similar. Probably didn't even know Sekai's last name, until now. Maybe not even the name Sekai.

Otoha on the other hand, well, she's apparently trying to pretend she doesn't know Sekai's pseudonym, even from Nodoka. She also didn't seem surprised to find out she was Ami's mother.

For all we know, she and Sekai are connected. Otoha is virtually the only girl that likes the idea of a little brother, as much as Sekai liked her little brother in law. Both of which, even seeing Sensei as that little brother:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Otoha also shares a few traits that Sekai likely did. Both just happening to be inherently popular, manipulative, and creative, plus they also seem to embrace being shitty people, enjoy power dynamics, and the idea of being with younger boys.

Not entirely sure what the point of Otoha is, but it's becoming likely that it's related to Sekai. She has also seen the Upside Down House though:
So, there might be something there.

crustlord12

Jun 24, 2020
That's a big reason I try to show the screenshots. But actually, it could be the other way around.

I'd think if Nodoka had seen Sekai even as a hallucination, she'd probably realize that Ami and her, look too much alike to not be related. She's just now realizing they are related because their poetry was similar. Probably didn't even know Sekai's last name, until now. Maybe not even the name Sekai.

Otoha on the other hand, well, she's apparently trying to pretend she doesn't know Sekai's pseudonym, even from Nodoka. She also didn't seem surprised to find out she was Ami's mother.

For all we know, she and Sekai are connected. Otoha is virtually the only girl that likes the idea of a little brother, as much as Sekai liked her little brother in law. Both of which, even seeing Sensei as that little brother:
Otoha also shares a few traits that Sekai likely did. Both just happening to be inherently popular, manipulative, and creative, plus they also seem to embrace being shitty people, enjoy power dynamics, and the idea of being with younger boys.

Not entirely sure what the point of Otoha is, but it's becoming likely that it's related to Sekai. She has also seen the Upside Down House though:
So, there might be something there.
Well, you've convinced me, I rescind my prior statement. I also have no idea how to write this where it doesn't sound like I'm being snarky, but I'm being totally genuine here

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
Though I'm glad that Akira will be slowly regaining his footing in the next update according to the previews, I most certainly will miss all his comical facial exaggerations as soon as he goes back to his self-proclaimed cool and mysterious expressionless self.
View attachment 3256620 View attachment 3256624 View attachment 3256625 View attachment 3256626 View attachment 3256627
View attachment 3256628 View attachment 3256630 View attachment 3256631 View attachment 3256632
View attachment 3256634 View attachment 3256635 View attachment 3256636
The hat really cracked me up
Same, I also literally thought this, last update:

It's so depressing, that it's funny.

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
I envy your sense of humor. For me it was just depressing AF. Worst event of worst patch

I am going to be grumpy until 0.37, this shit really got me
I guess I just have a dark sense of humor. One of the funniest moments in this entire game for me, is still:

.37 probably won't be as depressing as .36, I think. I'd be surprised if Sel could top that so soon.

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
What I really want to know is how Io will feel knowing that Ami "probably" wasn't druging Akira, he was like that just because.
There's also Uta's picture. The Io from last update was drugged up to care less and still seemed bothered by it:

Io already seemed to think Sensei should get help with his issues:
And now she has a better idea of what issues he has.

Definitely looking forward to more Io content.

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
One question did he mean that the fourth chapter will be the saddest of the chapters ever released? Or will the fourth chapter be the saddest of the entire game, counting future chapters?
Well, "of them all" probably means out of every chapter before and after. All of them. If it was just those that have already happened, it'd probably just say "yet" or "for now".

Still, It's also been said that no one will remember this chapter:
Which could mean a couple things.

Overall: Whether this chapter will actually be the saddest, or simply forgettable, is something we won't be able to judge fairly, until later.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Pedro4545454

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
I swear if sel get's rid of ayane, Lord all mighty am I going to be pissed beyond belief
I will be incredibly surprised if Sel gets rid of Ayane. She's like perhaps the safest girl out of the cast, as far as I can tell.

The bubble wrap princess is at the bottom of my "Another one bites the dust" list:
I definitely think, if anyone has plot armor in this game, it's Ayane.

The Shapeshifter actually seemed to break the rules to help Ayane, during the last Beach Vacation:
and Ayane may literally have plot armor as part of the plot right now. She seemed confident about things going well for her, recently:

In a more meta sense, even Sel, during the Rework, deleted Events that made Ayane look bad:
Like when she sucked off Sensei under his desk while Ami was talking about wanting to spend time with him. (It's on Sensei's computer)

There's also how Kirin was incredibly lax with her blackmailing. I mean, don't get me wrong, it was messed up, but Kirin could have and probably would have done way worse, if she was allowed to.

There's not really much of a reason that Kirin wouldn't have Ayane eating her out or be eating her out. Pictures, videos, etc. Instead, there's only like 3 Events related to it, and it began back in Chapter 1 lasting until Chapter 3. That's months if not a year of blackmailing, by someone who rationalizes that sexual assault is okay, according to a Narrator:
and got turned on while thinking Molly was raped while drunk:
It's immersion breaking if you really think about it.

I don't necessarily want Ayane to suffer, but I would appreciate something that makes her feel less invincible. Even Paper City showed her as being literally unstoppable:
Ayane is like a daughter to Sel, afterall:

Apollo259

Sep 27, 2020
Another thing I have been thinking about. Based on this update in "When the Sun Sleeps". It seems to me like Noriko is getting close to breaking through and noticing the nature of the world. The catalyst of this seems to be Maya being reset. She has noticed the change in her personality And also that the rest of the class has not noticed this change.
Its also possible that as she is one of the few people that knows Maya liked Akira (I don't remember does she also know there was some kind of relationship between them). She might have already or will soon put together that the change she noticed in Maya is connected to Akira breaking.

4.20 star(s) 295 Votes