JelF547

Mar 15, 2023
Chapters typically end around the Christmas events, so a reasonable assumption would be that Chapter 4 will end around the December 2024 update, either during that update, or the update immediately prior or after it. By the time you get back. we'll probably be midway through Chapter 5.
There would be no December 2024 update, so it would be either in January 2025 or later. Also, last time Sel booked 1.5 months for both chapter end and next chapter begin update (and it wasn't enough, lol), so I bet it would be spring 2025 or smth like that. It does not mater TBH, we barely known what chapter 4 would be

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
There would be no December 2024 update, so it would be either in January 2025 or later. Also, last time Sel booked 1.5 months for both chapter end and next chapter begin update (and it wasn't enough, lol), so I bet it would be spring 2025 or smth like that. It does not mater TBH, we barely known what chapter 4 would be
It's far too early to predict if there will be an update on 12/1 or not. It's reasonable to expect only two udpates between 10/1/24 and 1/1/25, but there hasn't been any real consistency on when they fall. A 12/1 release is entirely possible, especially if there isn't a release on 11/1 or 11/15.

Exact spacing, like the 1.5 and 2.5 month long gaps between the end of year updates this time around, depends entirely on his schedule. This year he had two offshore vacations, and timed his self-indulgent awards nonsense all in the same stretch. There's nothing about the end of a chapter that needs more time than a normal update, outside of the complexity of the reset puzzle (which would ultimately only impact one of those updates). He didn't need extra months for .36 because of the update itself, he needed the extra time because other shit was going on.

THe only time we had a chapter start in spring so far is when the game had to be reworked twice over six months, resulting in an absurd delay. I doubt we'll see that again.

Reactions: chronox42

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
now really am wondering how the fuck did he pull through the mind break he had?
Ami did imply he'd be okay soon, after those 2 months:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

It's not exactly the first mind break he's gone through:
And Ami was likely more prepared, this time:

Although, after the break in, he's probably just forcing himself to socialize, so he doesn't lose more affection points or something.

Last edited:

Apollo259

Sep 27, 2020
I have just coincidentally realised after listening to a podcast where someone offhandedly talked about Charles Baudelaire for a minute or 2 that these "blood" images are actually one of his poems.
I only really noticed it because one of them flashes in this update ("Miserably Ever After") and I happened to replay it yesterday after listing to said podcast. I don't remember off the top of my head the other events they have been in. I didn't want to look for ages so I pulled the images from the game files.

"La Fontaine de Sang" (The Fountain of Blood) from "Les Fleurs du mal" (The Flowers of Evil) by Charles Baudelaire.

Someone (barglenarglezous and maybe another person) did translate at least 1 of the images from what I could find with the thread search. But I don't think anyone posted about this poem yet apologies if someone did.

If you look up Charles Baudelaire's work it seems quite fitting to reference him given the nature of this game. However I know next to nothing about his poetry and poetry in general. So I expect some, or all, the significance of the reference to him is lost on me.

Edit: Just noticed its already on the . Along with all the other poems referenced. It was First used in "Bad News Bears".

Last edited:

FireCazador

May 22, 2020
I see... Well we see that we dont see, Pixel Maya run i guess

Sana seeing Sensei being alive:
Is Sana smiling? She seems the most excited out of the class, looking straight at him, or he's looking straight at her...
This one just consolidate it xd

Wardtnaci

Jun 12, 2022
now really am wondering how the fuck did he pull through the mind break he had?
We will find out in next update since the beginning will auto play up to 6 events.3 main event, the Ayane even, then 2 more main events. And in those events we will see how Akira snaps out of his sorry state and back to somewhat normal while carrying the weight of a large sack potatoes worth of grief on his shoulders. There is the possibility of another girl(s) to the rescue; helping him snap out it. Everyone can feel free to speculate who.

DeSkel15 Based on the previews of 0.36 and how the story played out, I'm going to guess that Ami is worried that everyone's interest in Akira's well being and wanting to see him is setting back his recovery; as such she will decide that they will need to leave their home and go to a place where none, that know them, will find them while Akira continues to recover in isolation. But in order to get supplies, she cuts her hair in hope of disguising herself out in public.

Quick question. Does anyone hope/think rin will switch her hair back?
For my sanity, I hope Rin & Chika revert their hair colors. More so Chika's. I like Rin as a blonde but I don't recognize her right away when I see her.

Last edited:

Pedro4545454

Nov 23, 2023
For my sanity, I hope Rin & Chika revert their hair colors. More so Chika's. I like Rin as a blonde but I don't recognize her right away when I see her.
Strangely, I thought Chika with black hair was much prettier, I like darker colors in her hair so that helped a lot, but Rin, I much prefer her old hair, the blonde didn't match her appearance at all in my opinion.

Last edited:

Pedro4545454

Nov 23, 2023
There are a lot of people thinking that the person who will help Akira will be Ayane and she is the most likely too, but if it's not Ayane who do you think would be the second best candidate to get Akira out of this state? (Removing Ami as she also has a great chance of helping him)

JelF547

Mar 15, 2023
It's far too early to predict if there will be an update on 12/1 or not. It's reasonable to expect only two udpates between 10/1/24 and 1/1/25, but there hasn't been any real consistency on when they fall. A 12/1 release is entirely possible, especially if there isn't a release on 11/1 or 11/15.

Exact spacing, like the 1.5 and 2.5 month long gaps between the end of year updates this time around, depends entirely on his schedule. This year he had two offshore vacations, and timed his self-indulgent awards nonsense all in the same stretch. There's nothing about the end of a chapter that needs more time than a normal update, outside of the complexity of the reset puzzle (which would ultimately only impact one of those updates). He didn't need extra months for .36 because of the update itself, he needed the extra time because other shit was going on.

THe only time we had a chapter start in spring so far is when the game had to be reworked twice over six months, resulting in an absurd delay. I doubt we'll see that again.
Well, no.

1) There is release schedule ( 1705219439659.png ) for 2024. Update in December would only mean that Selebus is already behind the schedule
2) Selebus already planned two vacations in 2024 (which is sad, because he now have no gaps in his own schedule and will probably break it, but it does not matter rn)
3) What exactly extra shit he did instead of 0.36? What delayed 0.35? One-month vacation consumed one month. Week of baseball? Awards he set up in summer was operated by community.
Basicaly he had three extra weeks for 0.35 + 0.36 and it was not enough to properly start a new chapter (And 0.36 is only 50k words)
4) FYI, he ended chapter 2 in spring and started chapter 3 in fall. Also, he ended chapter 2 not with a christmass update.
5) "He started two chapters of four at christmass so he would start fith at christmass" is not an argument. It is bullshit. I can say exactly the same, but with words "Selebus never had a year-length chapter so he would not"

Can Selebus end chapter in update he planned for November, but Delayed to the mid-december? Obviously he can. But it would be something new and unpredictable. Can he do it in January or February update? More probable, but I'd bet for Spring

Unseenatlas

Jan 23, 2021
Strangely, I thought Chika with black hair was much prettier, I like darker colors in her hair so that helped a lot, but Rin, I much prefer her old hair, the blonde didn't match her appearance at all in my opinion.
I'm with you on this. Rin, just doesn't feel like Rin with the new hair. I felt that her old hair was unique in a good way. I like chika in her old hair as well, but I'm not opposed like with Rin so to say.

Unseenatlas

Jan 23, 2021
There are a lot of people thinking that the person who will help Akira will be Ayane and she is the most likely too, but if it's not Ayane who do you think would be the second best candidate to get Akira out of this state? (Removing Ami as she also has a great chance of helping him)
I would like to say Rin, Yumi are the two biggest I can think of(as of chapter 2 halfway in) as so far sensei has helped rin with getting through so much(even though he was kind of the cause of it) and he has so far(as of chapter 2 halfway in) made our favorite tsundere change in a good way(other then the beginning).

Kitty Hawk

Jul 8, 2020
Niki of course, considering she is his second love. Besides, we have this mysterious Niki phone call in the middle of the night and Ayane's surprised face in the previews.

4.20 star(s) 295 Votes