DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
Another thing I have been thinking about. Based on this update in "When the Sun Sleeps". It seems to me like Noriko is getting close to breaking through and noticing the nature of the world. The catalyst of this seems to be Maya being reset. She has noticed the change in her personality And also that the rest of the class has not noticed this change.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Its also possible that as she is one of the few people that knows Maya liked Akira (I don't remember does she also know there was some kind of relationship between them). She might have already or will soon put together that the change she noticed in Maya is connected to Akira breaking.
Yeah, Noriko seemed well aware of their relationship:

Noriko is also probably the only girl that actually cares about Maya:
Besides maybe Ami:
Ayane seems to care in a 'I don't want Sensei to be sad' kind of way, though.

Spaceodin

Aug 9, 2016
This isn't really a comment directly about the latest update but more about the direction of the game over the last year or so, does anyone else want chapter 1 Sensei back?

I miss the story of a piece of shit groomer manipulating his way through his students while trying to cope with existential dread and the ghost of his past mistakes trying to break his sanity. This whole personal growth stuff with 'feelings' hasn't really been hitting home with me.

I've been playing this game for years now and I really didn't like the removal of a bunch of the best early game sex scenes during the rewrite because it made Ayane, Mokoto and Futaba come of as too easy. Ayane and Mokoto falling for Sensei's tricks right away made sense since they really trusted/loved him, Futaba just had low self-esteemand was really naive, I never thought it made those characters look in a bad light and just really highlighted how our protagonist focuses on easy targets.

I started to like the game less when it stopped being a first person experience and more than half the events are not from Sensei's perspective, I thought the point of this game is that we are along for a ride in the head of a bad man doing bad things because he doesn't give a shit.

I'm probably in the minority on this stuff, but I enjoyed the denpa horror stuff in the background more while our fearless hero did his best to pretend his mind wasn't fracturing around him and focusing the entirty of his being on how to do the sex. It felt sort of like a story with a man on a quest to out run his demons by walking further into hell and it was an enjoyable read.

Now it feel like we the audience are just the plants or angels watching the twisted trueman show parody instead of having our perpective locked inside Sensei's head and being as confused as he is about everything.

TL;DR I want Chapter 1 Dennis Reynolds Sensei back.

joryuken

Sep 19, 2018
if you all want to experience a *great* way to go through the latest update just listen to
The Weeknd - Moth to a Flame + Faith (slowed and reverb)
and believe me it just makes the latest update that much gripping

JelF547

Mar 15, 2023
There is a theory that 0.36 goes inside reset. Something like this (special for Bingoogus <3)

1705172238112.png

So it works following way:
1) Sensei is not here, he is still reseting (and probably would recover after meeting Ayane)
2) Paper City references actual postcards class made and Ami gave to Sensei during timeskip / will give in 0.37
3) It may works so due to Maya last wish, because she felt she is already reseting and possibly could trigger "strange" reset for Sensei to spend her final moments with him

Don't like it, but it explains Remember to Smile transition and some allusions

joryuken

Sep 19, 2018
There is a theory that 0.36 goes inside reset. Something like this (special for Bingoogus <3)

View attachment 3259887

So it works following way:
1) Sensei is not here, he is still reseting (and probably would recover after meeting Ayane)
2) Paper City references actual postcards class made and Ami gave to Sensei during timeskip / will give in 0.37
3) It may works so due to Maya last wish, because she felt she is already reseting and possibly could trigger "strange" reset for Sensei to spend her final moments with him

Don't like it, but it explains Remember to Smile transition and some allusions
this explains part of the reason why maya could not feel the reset coming, as sekai explained that if he failed to take something that was not his, something really bad was going to happen, I just want maya back man this fucking game is not the same without her

JelF547

Mar 15, 2023
this explains part of the reason why maya could not feel the reset coming, as sekai explained that if he failed to take something that was not his, something really bad was going to happen, I just want maya back man this fucking game is not the same without her
I dunno. New Maya is funny, I love her desire to see other girls kiss

Reactions: rianzz

fdsasdf_p

Apr 24, 2021
Its also possible that as she is one of the few people that knows Maya liked Akira (I don't remember does she also know there was some kind of relationship between them). She might have already or will soon put together that the change she noticed in Maya is connected to Akira breaking.
I just realized that, perhaps Touka also still remembers Maya loves him if she manages to remember that little sweet arc on the beach.
1705174178731.png
This to me, along with Noriko's newly gained awareness, is a proof that Maya's previous track in the world is not gone with the reset (especially those that involves romance considering Maya's affinity status is currently quite dubious).

Also, this indicates that you probably don't a dated history with Maya (particularly, a history within that tutoring time) to remember something about our shrine maiden; if you knew something prior, you will keep knowing. Those memories in your head that involve Maya are not deleted (nevertheless, the chance of those memories being altered is still on the table; maybe Touka only remembers she cockblocked a girl on the beach but she can't remember who, or completely misremembered into someone else).

Of course Noriko no doubt would have a bigger role in "figuring something out" as you suggested if that position ever becomes open. Touka at the end of the day only happens to know a key hidden part of Maya but is never familiar with Maya enough to thoroughly know the rest of her and spot incoherence.

Last edited:
Jun 20, 2023
Does anyone know how many updates chapter 4 will take or at least have a good guess how many updates it will be before Selebus gets to the good(depressing, sad harem building) part of this chapter? Gonna have a 1,5 years of hell as an infantryman so wanna know how much actual plot Selebus usually delivers in that time while I am on hiatus from this story. May as well make it 2 year long hiatus if there is a good possibility that chapter 4 is finished by then

Last edited:

joryuken

Sep 19, 2018
Does anyone know how many updates chapter 4 will take or at least have a good guess how many updates it will be before Selebus gets to the good(depressing, sad harem building) part of this chapter? Gonna have a 1,5 years of hell as an infantryman so wanna know how much actual plot Selebus usually delivers in that time while I am on hiatus from this story. May as well make it 2 year long hiatus if there is a good possibility that chapter 4 is finished by then
from what I understand it could take a lot of time to get to the next chapter as the 3rd one took it's sweet time to build a lot of stuff, still salty about maya sel fuck you (just checked and it took from update .25 which is the start of chapter3, so going by that it might mean that it could take until october to get to chapter 5)

Last edited:
Reactions: Noob Gamer 1488

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
That advice reminds me of this advice:
Chapter 1 spanned from update 0.01 to update 0.10
Chapter 2 started in 0.11 and ended in 0.24
Chapter 3 started with .25 and ended in update .35

Chapters typically end around the Christmas events, so a reasonable assumption would be that Chapter 4 will end around the December 2024 update, either during that update, or the update immediately prior or after it. By the time you get back. we'll probably be midway through Chapter 5.

4.20 star(s) 295 Votes