Pedro4545454

Nov 23, 2023
So I finally got to play the generic events already made for chapter 4 and... it's probably nothing but there's something that caught my attention. You can see Akira's new state of mind in them: moping around, longing for Maya, self destructive thoughts, broken by Ami, his loss of appetite for life overall. The girls he spends time with are almost an afterthought.
YES, I'm very happy, that's what I wanted, I want to see Akira depressed, depressed and without love for his own life, that's what I want, I want to see this broken side of him, I want to see this human side of him.

If the chapter focuses on Akira being so depressed, this will possibly be my favorite chapter.

I just don't understand how he shows that he misses Maya at these events? If you can explain I would appreciate it. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: rianzz

ElaineZol

Sep 28, 2022
YES, I'm very happy, that's what I wanted, I want to see Akira depressed, depressed and without love for his own life, that's what I want, I want to see this broken side of him, I want to see this human side of him.

If the chapter focuses on Akira being so depressed, this will possibly be my favorite chapter.

I just don't understand how he misses Maya at these events?
I'm with you on this one, I hope we get to see more of that in this chapter.

Reactions: Pedro4545454

Pedro4545454

Nov 23, 2023
Except when it comes to Yumi: In both of her generic events I can see the same old Akira in there and ultimately he openly express his desires of winning her over. The charm of pursuit is still there and those were the only times I felt he's not completely dead inside now. So I wonder if this is a clue on how chapter 4 will play out, if he's going to see Yumi as the outlet for his pent up grievings. I know is a small sample size, a lot of generic events are not done yet and most of the ones we have are from girls he already conquered. But from what we have so far, the contrast is quite notorious.
Yumi possible MVP girl of the chapter? If you focus on Akira's feelings with Yumi, I'll love it so much.

Does Yumi have a chance to be the next girl to reach the roof? If this chapter focuses a little on Yumi's relationship with Akira it could lead to this as she could end up fulfilling the requirements.

The first of the Trauma has already been completed, the only thing missing is Akira loving her and the pregnancy and as I said, focusing a lot on their relationship could lead to her completing the second requirement which would be Akira loving her, the real problem would be that of Pregnancy. (Of course, it's just a crazy theory of mine, but it doesn't hurt to dream)

Wardtnaci

Jun 12, 2022
Does Yumi have a chance to be the next girl to reach the roof? If this chapter focuses a little on Yumi's relationship with Akira it could lead to this as she could end up fulfilling the requirements.
Possibly, I've been saying for a long while now that 1 girl from each dorm room will be able to go to the roof.

Dorm Room 1: YumiDorm Room 6: Tsuneyo
Dorm Room 2: AyaneDorm Room 7: Uta? (its 50/50, neither has shown hints of being able to that I have seen)
Dorm Room 3: MakotoDorm Room 8: Nodoka
Dorm Room 4: RinDorm Room 9: Yasu
Dorm Room 5: Maya Prime (New Maya?) & Ami
(As "Ignore Me" Ami)
Dorm Room 10: Noriko

Few of them are obvious because they were there, others are base on subtle hints that I saw of them sort of perceiving time loops and the rest having an association with or chosen by the gods. Room 7, I don't know which as I don't remember either showing hints but I'll go with Uta base on the Text Message. Everyone is free to poke holes in this as only Maya Prime, Ayane & Makoto are set in stone.

blackredfish

Feb 10, 2018
I just don't understand how he shows that he misses Maya at these events? If you can explain I would appreciate it.
There are bits like this:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
By the way, in the same event there's this:
To each their own I guess, I'm personally a liitle wary by it. I mean, I don't mind that he's depressed, he better be, but it's how he deals with it what worries me. I'm afraid this is going to slow down the story and is not like we are at a fast pace right now. Throw all the dark shit you want at me, just don't make it feel like a drag, please. Not gonna lie, kinda siding with Pareidolia here, I want him to start moving his ass and get shit done, whatever it is. But I'd bet he won't do it and get punished again. Bad idea, Pareidolia doesn´t seem to fuck around, and then is where the real dark shit strikes.

Pedro4545454

Nov 23, 2023
Seeing Akira depressed for Maya makes me feel bad and happy at the same time. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Having to wait another 16 days for me to see all these events will be hell for me.

Man, I expected to see Akira become depressed but not at the level that you can easily see and feel that he is in a bad way, he is at a level of depression that I didn't expect.........I loved this.

Pedro4545454

Nov 23, 2023
To each their own I guess, I'm personally a liitle wary by it. I mean, I don't mind that he's depressed, he better be, but it's how he deals with it what worries me. I'm afraid this is going to slow down the story and is not like we are at a fast pace right now. Throw all the dark shit you want at me, just don't make it feel like a drag, please. Not gonna lie, kinda siding with Pareidolia here, I want him to start moving his ass and get shit done, whatever it is. But I'd bet he won't do it and get punished again. Bad idea, Pareidolia doesn´t seem to fuck around, and then is where the real dark shit strikes.
Well, I don't care if this will slow down the story a little, I've been wanting to see this human side of him for a long time and now that I'm finally going to see this side I won't complain about it at all.

Reactions: rianzz

anothersilo

Jun 2, 2021

Pretty sure he is referring to Himawari as the girl Ayane reminds him of. Especially considering the very first time we meet her in game, she is in the same pose and under the same lighting as Ayane is in this event. Feels like Selebus is trying to draw parallels between them.

Pedro4545454

Nov 23, 2023
Pretty sure he is referring to Himawari as the girl Ayane reminds him of. Especially considering the very first time we meet her in game, she is in the same pose and under the same lighting as Ayane is in this event. Feels like Selebus is trying to draw parallels between them.
Well, the first one is obviously talking about Maya and the second one, as you said, seems a lot like he's talking about Himawari/Daisy

I also thought this because the fact that he looks at her and remembers someone else who he can't remember gives a big hint that it's Daisy since Akira can't remember her and always ends up forgetting her and he says he knows that are important greatly increases the chance of this as well.

Reactions: Wardtnaci

daagagsdgd

May 9, 2019
I've talked about the gods a few times before, if you want to use the search bar, you can probably find my past posts.

Anyway, the gods and users seem connected:
  • USER1 seems to be the First god mentioned, aka The Callous, The Lust Eater, Nozomu, and likely HOPE. Tends to talk in all caps "LIKE THIS". It's season is Summer.
  • USER2 is likely the Second god mentioned, aka The Calm, and The Wire god. Tends to talk in all caps with slants "/////LIKE THIS". It's season is Winter.
  • USER3 is the Third god mentioned, aka The Concerned, The Dark, and later on calls itself Pareidolia. Tends to talk in lower case, but can change it up whenever apparently. This is likely the one you saw talking in lower case. It's season is Spring.
Terminal 23 seems to be this World, but it isn't exactly clear yet. USERS and gods are somewhat interchangeable.

Why the First god aka The Callous shares a name with Sensei's brother isn't clear, but it's possible that it is simply the name the Narrator chose to give it. Nozomu can translate to Hope. Not to mention, who the Narrator telling us about the gods, is, also isn't clear. Also, probably should mention that USER1 has apparently account shared before, which makes things even more confusing.

As for what USER2/The Second god seems to want? Well, presumably it wants order:
Out of all of the gods and USERS, this one seems be the one behind the resets, memory alteration, and perception alteration that's likely going on. It's been noted that this god can:
At least alter visuals, and certain events like 'The Scary Room' Main Event, show that Maya at least thinks it could reset her. Not to mention, stuff like affection points seem to be it's thing. The game parts of this game seems to be it's domain.

Overall: It's not impossible that The Second god may be the system itself, or at least has control over it.

The First god seems to want this power, hence HOPE being implied to want something to do with wires and Sensei's special ability. Ironically, this Callous god may be the only one that's actually on Sensei's side, at least in theory, whether that's a "good" thing is up to you.

The Third god on the other hand seems to just want to make things how it thinks things should be.

Also some notable spoilers are that all 3 of these gods apparently gave Sensei his body, can't feel on their own, and require sacrifices that more or less translate to Sensei taking things that don't belong to him. They seem to need Sensei to fuck specific girls to maintain their power.
Hello Deskel, much obliged to your response. You seems like a Lore master to ask.

I brushed up on some Happy Events I've even encountered and fashioned a few more theories. I'd like to hear what would you think of them.

First, the association between Nozumu and HOPE is very ambiguous and I always presumed they were one entity with different perception. However, I've found tons of hints suggesting Nozumu was already dead (God is dead) and tried to come back at any cost (Poor John, do you have any idea why it's User 2 who erased his personality? To prevent infos as much as possible from Sensei?) while HOPE is clearly alive and lived with his angels at the bottom of everything. (room of clocks) I would like to assert that "Something was buried underneath" should be carcass of Nozumu since it's always mentioned in or around Old District that was under his influence (Probably Tojo's Ramen was an exclave of User2 to spy on Nozumu?).

Anyway, I'm starting to doubt if HOPE is the emissary of The Concerned God- That is, if I have to guess on who User 3 is, it's highly possible that the narrator who always encourged and comforted Sensei was the authentic identity of it. My intuition told me it should be Sekai now that she's the only one knew many secrets of Sensei. And Sekai held grudges towards Maya, therefor suffered 61 (old memory remainder of Maya?) a lot in room of clocks.

Furthermore, HOPE, Maya and Sekai the narrator all had implication with the Sky. In the end of First Beach travel where narrator told you a story tree. One of the flash image depicts countenance of HOPE with many smile faces in sky above a tree struting from ground. HOPE also called himself "the feathered kind" and in Trinity III, Sensei said to himself that he started to lose hope, he could never ever rise his head, at the very moment as HOPE started to talk in lower case. (sized by Nozumu or Sekai?)

And it brings out the question about which god does Yasu pray for and entrust with. At first glance she was obviously a follower of Nozumu, either because of her purpose of letting Sensei defiling every girl and ascending to an angel or her parables with "The one with many eyes", one of the epithets attributed to Nozumu in Happy Events. We nevertheless only saw symbol of Cross and Cruification in HOPE's realm. "Sound of cicadas", her introduction event, was a phrase used by HOPE to describe himself. Nor does she like summer much. What if Nozumu has always took the control over HOPE and pretended he was User3? What do you say?

It all jumbles up. Now, I simply cannot get my head around it. Things no longer add up as they used to be...

• Thinking Face
Reactions: DeSkel15

Angra Shadow

Jun 6, 2023
This^

I was actually pretty hyped at the end of .35 cause Akira says he will get Maya back by any means which made me think "finally he is going to become an active protagonist who tries to explore and understand this world more and will start leading the plot instead of passively waiting for it to happen." but now it does seem like he will actually double down on the passiveness which is gonna be very frustrating.

Pedro4545454

Nov 23, 2023
This^

I was actually pretty hyped at the end of .35 cause Akira says he will get Maya back by any means which made me think "finally he is going to become an active protagonist who tries to explore and understand this world more and will start leading the plot instead of passively waiting for it to happen." but now it does seem like he will actually double down on the passiveness which is gonna be very frustrating.
He will possibly do this but he has to deal with the Grief first, him dealing with it first is totally human and this shows how special Maya is to him, it would be completely senseless for him to be fine and then try to bring her back as if nothing had happened he shows this sadness is something totally human.

Furthermore, this is going to be the saddest chapter of all and I'm seriously starting to suspect that this saddest one won't be for us who are playing but for Akira.

Reactions: LuisD

Unseenatlas

Jan 23, 2021
Possibly, I've been saying for a long while now that 1 girl from each dorm room will be able to go to the roof.

Dorm Room 1: YumiDorm Room 6: Tsuneyo
Dorm Room 2: AyaneDorm Room 7: Uta? (its 50/50, neither has shown hints of being able to that I have seen)
Dorm Room 3: MakotoDorm Room 8: Nodoka
Dorm Room 4: RinDorm Room 9: Yasu
Dorm Room 5: Maya Prime (New Maya?) & Ami
(As "Ignore Me" Ami)
Dorm Room 10: Noriko

Few of them are obvious because they were there, others are base on subtle hints that I saw of them sort of perceiving time loops and the rest having an association with or chosen by the gods. Room 7, I don't know which as I don't remember either showing hints but I'll go with Uta base on the Text Message. Everyone is free to poke holes in this as only Maya Prime, Ayane & Makoto are set in stone.
I hope that by the end, they will all make it there, even though 20 resets could be pretty long (unless it's multiple girls per reset).

Angra Shadow

Jun 6, 2023
He will possibly do this but he has to deal with the Grief first, him dealing with it first is totally human and this shows how special Maya is to him, it would be completely senseless for him to be fine and then try to bring her back as if nothing had happened he shows this sadness is something totally human.

Furthermore, this is going to be the saddest chapter of all and I'm seriously starting to suspect that this saddest one won't be for us who are playing but for Akira.
I don't mind him being sad for a bit but I don't trust Sel to not use that as an excuse to return to the mundane.

Reactions: Bingoogus

fdsasdf_p

Apr 24, 2021
I wonder if Sel would also re-write parts of monologues in the repeatable sex scenes, like adding emo stuff such as “numbing the pain” or something. Or just disable all his options in actively seeking sex for one or two updates to reflect how dead inside he is now, but the latter feels less likely.

But if there is no change in that department, it’d be like going from “I silently wish Rin would put poison in my coffee” to “Chika pussy goooooood” in one day, rinse and repeat. That’s not only a little odd in my book.

crustlord12

Jun 24, 2020
Hello Deskel, much obliged to your response. You seems like a Lore master to ask.

I brushed up on some Happy Events I've even encountered and fashioned a few more theories. I'd like to hear what would you think of them.

First, the association between Nozumu and HOPE is very ambiguous and I always presumed they were one entity with different perception. However, I've found tons of hints suggesting Nozumu was already dead (God is dead) and tried to come back at any cost (Poor John, do you have any idea why it's User 2 who erased his personality? To prevent infos as much as possible from Sensei?) while HOPE is clearly alive and lived with his angels at the bottom of everything. (room of clocks) I would like to assert that "Something was buried underneath" should be carcass of Nozumu since it's always mentioned in or around Old District that was under his influence (Probably Tojo's Ramen was an exclave of User2 to spy on Nozumu?).

Anyway, I'm starting to doubt if HOPE is the emissary of The Concerned God- That is, if I have to guess on who User 3 is, it's highly possible that the narrator who always encourged and comforted Sensei was the authentic identity of it. My intuition told me it should be Sekai now that she's the only one knew many secrets of Sensei. And Sekai held grudges towards Maya, therefor suffered 61 (old memory remainder of Maya?) a lot in room of clocks.

Furthermore, HOPE, Maya and Sekai the narrator all had implication with the Sky. In the end of First Beach travel where narrator told you a story tree. One of the flash image depicts countenance of HOPE with many smile faces in sky above a tree struting from ground. HOPE also called himself "the feathered kind" and in Trinity III, Sensei said to himself that he started to lose hope, he could never ever rise his head, at the very moment as HOPE started to talk in lower case. (sized by Nozumu or Sekai?)

And it brings out the question about which god does Yasu pray for and entrust with. At first glance she was obviously a follower of Nozumu, either because of her purpose of letting Sensei defiling every girl and ascending to an angel or her parables with "The one with many eyes", one of the epithets attributed to Nozumu in Happy Events. We nevertheless only saw symbol of Cross and Cruification in HOPE's realm. "Sound of cicadas", her introduction event, was a phrase used by HOPE to describe himself. Nor does she like summer much. What if Nozumu has always took the control over HOPE and pretended he was User3? What do you say?

It all jumbles up. Now, I simply cannot get my head around it. Things no longer add up as they used to be...
Personally, I think you also have to factor into this that Sel isn't a perfect author; he's an amateur (and I don't mean that in an offensive way, it's just a fact) and as such he may not have fleshed everything out perfectly.

In fact, we KNOW he hadn't fleshed everything out as the cast of characters grew from 10 to 20 over the course of development. The ideas of these gods and their interactions and identities will absolutely have changed and deviated over time and as such, there'll be inconsistencies and plot holes. This is why I try to not think about it all too much, as there is still a lot of the story left to write and things will continually change and be retconned - there's definitely a mystery to be solved but we can't really know how much is left to be discovered vs how much has just been accidental

4.20 star(s) 295 Votes