DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
question for all you theorist out there, would it be possible that at the end of all the resets the mayas that ended up going away, be part of the original? like little fragments, that are just trying to come together as one?
Considering "removed" memories tend to resurface through dreams for Makoto, Tsuneyo, and seemingly Sensei at least, it's likely possible.

Tsuneyo is definitely more of an oddity, but she at least seemed to recall hearing about the resets before hearing about them in this timeline:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
And recalled being there to hear Sensei say something she wasn't there for, in this timeline:

Tsuneyo seemed to be recalling memories from past Tsuneyos through dreams that current Tsuneyo has, and it seems to be something she was unaware she was doing:

Overall: Based off Sensei having to mention the ferris wheel and talk to Tsuneyo about it before she started recalling things, Sensei probably needs to take New Maya to the festival on her bday, carry boxes with/for her, or maybe have a picnic on the roof. Then Maya Prime memories may start being recalled by New Maya.

Or it could imply that Maya Prime truly is gone. Only time will tell.

It also seems like a painful process, which would probably cause most to fight against remembering things even if they could. Which makes me recall what Maya once said:

When it comes to Maya Prime at least, she may have had Millions of years worth of memory (and suffering), so I'm not sure what would happen if it all came back immediately, or how long it'd take for a Maya to be a "Maya Prime" considering just how much more memories that version would have had, and what would be required to recall them.

Edit: If you simply meant whether or not there might be a Maya being used as a core for the creation of all the Mayas in the resets, then I'm not sure. The actual girls could be elsewhere acting more as templates for the girls that share their shapes, hence the recent Template9 stuff in regards to Nao-chan. There also was how it seemed implied New Maya was a "Prototype":
Unless the melon was for someone/thing else.

Last edited:

BlackDays

Jan 30, 2021
question for all you theorist out there, would it be possible that at the end of all the resets the mayas that ended up going away, be part of the original? like little fragments, that are just trying to come together as one?
Yes, that theory has been out there for as long as i know, while i brought that up too.
In reality there could be just a handfull of characters that are real and the majority of the girls could just be fragments of those.
Or even fragments of Akira.

There's just no real evidence for that.
Besides, again, floor 2 was no meant to be. Those girls (+additional side characters) where a patreon stretch goal.
And one has to keep that in mind. Because the story must still be coherent if there were only 10 girls + side characters.
So to give that theory any value it would have to be broken down to the original 10 girls and side characters.
Meaning, focusing if that would make sense for those 10 and side characters.
Who could be a fragment of who if it's only 10+.

Now we have a cast of 20+.
So the likeliness some characters are shards or derivations of others rose significantly.
The point here is to discern if some girls are shards/fragments in a supernatural way, or if they are "just" character derivations with less meaning.

Another thing i wanted to add in general.
While it is possible that all Maya's we know might be part of an original Maya, the way how some of them are pretty deformed makes me think.
As i see it, it might be Sel's interpretation, meaning, what false common sense would tell people, how offspring of incestuous relationships would have to look like.
Don't want to go to deep because tl;dr but, just because you have a kid with your brother/sister or whatever, doesn't make it look like Frankenstein's Monster.
Impairing it's imune system though, that's more likely.

So what I think the otherworldly Mayas are, is that they are offspring of an original Maya (which does not forcefully mean old or new Maya) and offspring of the offspring.
Meaning during all those cycles where Maya had sex with not 100% Akira, she got pregnant.
Which might have led to "AmIOkay".
Then Akira had a kid with AmIOkay (Daughter) which led to Long Maya (Grand daughter), then with Long Maya which made Moyo and so on.
We have scenes where Akira has some kind of sex or "dna" transmission with the otherworldly Mayas already in the game.

What we do know (most likely) is that Akira has a daughter with Ayane. Presumably "Himawari".
But Ayane, as far as we know, never gave birth to Himawari, at least not that we saw.
The point here might be that Akira's offspring might get "harvested" at some point, we don't get to see.
Which might even be a purpose of Kumon'mi, or the gods need to feel, through Akira.

This might also tie in with how Himawari was enlisted as a "freelancer", which could also apply to the Mayas.
Harvested as childs of Akira from Kumon'mi and enlisted to help inside Kumon'mi, at the point they are ready to do so.

A more funny anecdote to add here.
What was it called? The "Untitled Children Show"?
Maybe it's not the show thats untitled, but the Maya's inside of it.
Making it the "Show of unnamed kids of Akira". While they do have names, just none that their father gave them.

Last edited:

fdsasdf_p

Apr 24, 2021
I have some troubles identifying your question; do you mean "is it possible that the multiple Mayas who didn't make it through resets are little fragments of THE original Maya?" or "is it possible that Maya would, unbeknownst to her, lose a piece of herself every time she went through a reset?", or "is it possible that all the Maya variants we saw are actually isolated fragments of THE original Maya? (this also hints the possibility of Prime Maya not being THE original Maya)"

Nadekai

Aug 18, 2021
I have some troubles identifying your question; do you mean "is it possible that the multiple Mayas who didn't make it through resets are little fragments of THE original Maya?" or "is it possible that Maya would, unbeknownst to her, lose a piece of herself every time she went through a reset?", or neither of my interpretations is correct?
... didn't Maya mention the latter being true ... ?

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
What was it called? The "Untitled Children Show"?
Maybe it's not the show thats untitled, but the Maya's inside of it.
Making it the "Show of unnamed kids of Akira". While they do have names, just none that their father gave them.

Back to seriousness though, YouDidIt/LongMaya (79) has clearly stated that Maya prime is a child of circumstance and her and Moyo are children of the clockwork. So I would think it's unlikely that they're related in being children of Maya Prime, or granddaughters.
Thus, it is also important to note that Moyo and YouDidIt are permanent. Which, for instance, is also different from Himawari's, whose existence is neither permanent nor temporary, but something that isn't defined yet - she's a possibility. And, just to point out all possible examples, we also have Nao-chan, which is simply something that should not exist altogether.

Even discounting that, Himawari also relates to Ayane and Akira with a care that is much different than the way YouDidIt and Moyo do to Maya and Akira.

Himawari confirming she has a soft spot for Akira. In regards to Ayane that's simply obvious.

(this also hints the possibility of Prime Maya not being THE original Maya)"
I would think that is close to being confirmed between Pareidolia declaring that he has been around for much longer than Maya prime (and saying that her being gone is similar to a tadpole being gobbled up by the mother frog = fragment of Maya being gobbled up by the original Maya), and the hints about a cycle of "Maya fixing him" then "Akira fixing her", both implied by New Maya and AmIOkay (when she's in the machine - which he also becomes a prisoner in a cycle later).

Last edited:

Ma1phas

May 18, 2022
All this fragments and projections talk is reminding me of something Maya said very early in chapter 1, I think even before the first reset. About how if he thinks he could handle the sudden reemergence of a thousand lifetimes of memories suddenly crashing down on him. Or something to that effect.

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
All this fragments and projections talk is reminding me of something Maya said very early in chapter 1, I think even before the first reset. About how if he thinks he could handle the sudden reemergence of a thousand lifetimes of memories suddenly crashing down on him. Or something to that effect.
It also seems like a painful process, which would probably cause most to fight against remembering things even if they could. Which makes me recall what Maya once said:
Maya's Chapter 1 'Takoyaki' Event.

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019

Back to seriousness though, YouDidIt/LongMaya (79) has clearly stated that Maya prime is a child of circumstance and her and Moyo are children of the clockwork. So I would think it's unlikely that they're related in being children of Maya Prime, or granddaughters.
Thus, it is also important to note that Moyo and YouDidIt are permanent. Which, for instance, is also different from Himawari's, whose existence is neither permanent nor temporary, but something that isn't defined yet - she's a possibility. And, just to point out all possible examples, we also have Nao-chan, which is simply something that should not exist altogether.

Even discounting that, Himawari also relates to Ayane and Akira with a care that is much different than the way YouDidIt and Moyo do to Maya and Akira.

Himawari confirming she has a soft spot for Akira. In regards to Ayane that's simply obvious.

I would think that is close to being confirmed between Pareidolia declaring that he has been around for much longer than Maya prime (and saying that her being gone is similar to a tadpole being gobbled up by the mother frog = fragment of Maya being gobbled up by the original Maya), and the hints about a cycle of "Maya fixing him" then "Akira fixing her", both implied by New Maya and AmIOkay (when she's in the machine - which he also becomes a prisoner in a cycle later).
There's also the seemingly Maya note that Maya Prime had no recollection of:

Still hasn't really been explained as far as I recall, albeit, if New Maya writes this note, or reveals she doesn't know Sensei's password, it might suggest a few things.

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
There's also the seemingly Maya note that Maya Prime had no recollection of:

Still hasn't really been explained as far as I recall, albeit, if New Maya writes this note, or reveals she doesn't know Sensei's password, it might suggest a few things.
Thank god you brought that up, I went to sleep last night thinking about that and the only possible other MM I thought about was Makoto Miyamura, since she's now also on the apocalypse squad (or Maki I guess, but that makes no sense). Moyo would also apply, but that's... unlikely.

But hey, maybe it was Mayonnaise Macaroni all along lol

Edit: there's also the Maya from the first reset that leads Akira to Saki (maybe Himawari) - but since we're pointing out Maya's that appear during resets that Maya prime doesn't know about...

On a second note, do we have a theory about this?
Cause it seems to appear a lot as early as Haruka's house, maybe even earlier. Like is it just general smiley face that seems to be replaced in design as the game continued, or maybe it represents Pareidolia?

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: DeSkel15

joryuken

Sep 19, 2018
correct me if I am wrong here but who is the maya that we see in the room with hope at the very beginning of the game? is she another being entirely?

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
correct me if I am wrong here but who is the maya that we see in the room with hope at the very beginning of the game? is she another being entirely?
At the very beginning? If you're referencing the happy event where she's stuck to a machine that's AmIOkay. Please name the event if possible.

Edit: AmIOkay deserves an investigation just about her to be honest. From being Akira's partner, to trying to escape the room with the clocks, to becoming an honorary angel to calling Akira Sekai, there's a lot going on there - she could even be the original Maya for all we know.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: LoveBlueHairedGirl

joryuken

Sep 19, 2018
correct me if I am wrong here but who is the maya that we see in the room with hope at the very beginning of the game?
At the very beginning? If you're referencing the happy event where she's stuck to a machine that's AmIOkay. Please name the event if possible.

Edit: AmIOkay deserves an investigation just about her to be honest. From being Akira's partner, to trying to escape the room with the clocks, to becoming an honorary angel to calling Akira Sekai, there's a lot going on there - she could even be the original Maya for all we know.
YEEEES HER!!!! and I think the event that she appears in is "How I feel"

• Hey there
Reactions: Moonflare

Riolol

Jan 14, 2021
I like how she was initially just a background character, whose entire role was simply to make these weeb notes.
Actually that was a change in the Chapter 1 rework , originally the weebnotes were done by the narrator until Molly was introduced and started doing them. She was never meant to be a background character, she was just retconned to cameo a few times before her proper introduction.

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
Thank god you brought that up, I went to sleep last night thinking about that and the only possible other MM I thought about was Makoto Miyamura, since she's now also on the apocalypse squad (or Maki I guess, but that makes no sense). Moyo would also apply, but that's... unlikely.

But hey, maybe it was Mayonnaise Macaroni all along lol

Edit: there's also the Maya from the first reset that leads Akira to Saki (maybe Himawari) - but since we're pointing out Maya's that appear during resets that Maya prime doesn't know about...

On a second note, do we have a theory about this?
Cause it seems to appear a lot as early as Haruka's house, maybe even earlier. Like is it just general smiley face that seems to be replaced in design as the game continued, or maybe it represents Pareidolia?
Technically Maki, Makoto, Maya, Miku, and Molly, are all MMs, so it could be from any of them, yet it sounding like Maya to Maya is interesting.

The Smiley Face seems more of a generic thing, however both the Wire god and Himawari/Shapeshifter tend to use or talk about smiles, Pareidolia does as well (basically uses whatever it seems), but seems to prefer a neutral face, while HOPE prefers an upside down smiley face, and I guess Nao-chan uses a diagonal mouth face(?):

Pareidolia does seem to use more messed up smiles and things so it could be an indication of it. Haruka's name also involves Haru which translates to Spring (and she's also a predator), so I do wonder if she's involved with Pareidolia in some way.

What is with all the smiles? Well, according to Himawari/Shapeshifter:

Not entirely sure why, beyond how smiling can be an indication of happiness even if one isn't happy. Maya and Ami both seemed to want to know if Sensei was "happy here" early on:
Which seems to be somewhat important considering it's also a thing from 'Nothing Is Beautiful':

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
Technically Maki, Makoto, Maya, Miku, and Molly, are all MMs, so it could be from any of them, but it sounding like Maya to Maya is interesting.

The Smiley Face seems more of a generic thing, but both the Wire god and Himawari/Shapeshifter tend to use or talk about smiles, Pareidolia does as well (basically uses whatever it seems), but seems to prefer a neutral face, while HOPE prefers an upside down smiley face, and I guess Nao-chan uses a diagonal mouth face(?):

Pareidolia does seem to use more messed up smiles so it could be an indication of it. Haruka's name also involves Haru which translates to Spring (and she's also a predator), so I do wonder if she's involved with Pareidolia in some way.

Not entirely sure why, beyond how smiling can be an indication of happiness even if one isn't happy. Maya and Ami both seemed to want to know if Sensei was "happy here" early on:
Which seems to be somewhat important considering it's also a thing from 'Nothing Is Beautiful':
ooooooh from Maya to Maya would be extra interesting!

and I do wonder about Himawari's presence in the room with the clocks. Cause if one would predict a "fourth" person appearing there, logic would dictate it to be Sekai or whoever USER4 is, especially since it appears to go in order. Also because Himawari seems to guard or wait at the door out. Time will tell.

Marie IV

Sep 9, 2023
What is with all the smiles? Well, according to Himawari/Shapeshifter: [...] "Smile!" - "It's all there is to do here."
Obviously, this means that it's all so tiresome, it's all so over, nothing ever happens, no one will know anything, everyone will be happy, and that we should've never left the house—WHICH, of course, is an analogy for having never started the game in the first place. :)

• Thinking Face
Reactions: DeSkel15
Oct 1, 2023
Technically Maki, Makoto, Maya, Miku, and Molly, are all MMs, so it could be from any of them, yet it sounding like Maya to Maya is interesting.

The Smiley Face seems more of a generic thing, however both the Wire god and Himawari/Shapeshifter tend to use or talk about smiles, Pareidolia does as well (basically uses whatever it seems), but seems to prefer a neutral face, while HOPE prefers an upside down smiley face, and I guess Nao-chan uses a diagonal mouth face(?):

Pareidolia does seem to use more messed up smiles and things so it could be an indication of it. Haruka's name also involves Haru which translates to Spring (and she's also a predator), so I do wonder if she's involved with Pareidolia in some way.

"Are you happy here"
"Are you happy here"

They are all fake
Their feelings aren't real
They might seem different
But it's the same ice cream
Just a different flavor
Just the same ice cream van trying to lure you in
Are you happy?
If you don't like this flavor, we have different kinds
Are you happy? Why aren't you happy? you can taste all the ice cream you want
Lick my icing, I can be any flavor you want
Choose me Akira Sensei, stay with me forever
WE ARE MEANT TO BE
WE ARE MEANT TO BE
WE ARE MEANT TO BE
WE ARE MEANT TO BE

Nadekai

Aug 18, 2021
Who directed you and why? Just curious, you reacted to a few of my old posts from back then and it got me re-reading that event.
... Selebus whining ...
... How to make notifications work ...
... I feel like notifications roll a d20 whether they will appear or not ...

4.20 star(s) 295 Votes