Leoxsama

Jun 26, 2017
Yes. In fact, it is hinted a couple of times that the Akira we're with is a fragment (or projection) of the actual Akira. Many narrators have said that he is a disembodied conscience stuck in the middle, neither in contact with the down or up. More recently, the same has been said about Touka - that they're all distortions (I think it's when she's talking with her mother about buying Akira off of Ami, but can't recall). Point is, all these people are said to be real but also not real. And the narrator hints that the exact answer to this will come much later.

So, yes, not only Maya, but there is a chance that all the people we're in contact with are fragments of the originals. As for Akira and Maya, it's even higher in chance because we've seen them in the room of the clocks (and some of the others have also been to - or have seen or heard - the room of the clocks, like Rin, Ami and Nodoka).

A lot of the new girls have. Noriko is seen at the background one time while with Rin outside of Koi Cafe, Io is seen in a shopping trip with Ami, Yasu talks with Akira during a trip that starts on Sana's door, Nodoka is the friend from the library with Futaba. There could have been more.
Id like to think that version of Akira who's talking gibberish during resets, happy events, or after those weird flashes/blackouts is one of Akira's fragments.

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
Id like to think that version of Akira who's talking gibberish during resets, happy events, or after those weird flashes/blackouts is one of Akira's fragments.
If you go back to "Tick Tock Tick Tock" Happy Event you'll get to see Akira watching a reflection of himself fucking AmIOkay, while AmIOkay aknowledges both of them existing at the same time.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

(The following part has to do with other stuff surrounding the event, not the original topic)

This is probably the hardest Happy Event to understand because:

Last edited:

aramaug

Jun 28, 2019
Thank god you brought that up, I went to sleep last night thinking about that and the only possible other MM I thought about was Makoto Miyamura, since she's now also on the apocalypse squad (or Maki I guess, but that makes no sense). Moyo would also apply, but that's... unlikely.

But hey, maybe it was Mayonnaise Macaroni all along lol

Edit: there's also the Maya from the first reset that leads Akira to Saki (maybe Himawari) - but since we're pointing out Maya's that appear during resets that Maya prime doesn't know about...
Technically Maki, Makoto, Maya, Miku, and Molly, are all MMs, so it could be from any of them, yet it sounding like Maya to Maya is interesting.
The note is present in the second reset, so it predates the Rooftop Apocalypse Squad.
Even if it's not from the current timeline, it would have to be written during the time that Maya Prime was "awake" since she's been in the room countless times without noticing it before. Unless she's lying or her memory has been altered, Maya and various Senseis are the only ones who have been aware of the resets during that time.

"The same place as always" is odd wording when current Sensei has only met Maya on the roof for a reset once so far, and "in the event that you overslept" could apply to any day for Sensei. Almost makes me think it's misdirection and has nothing to do with the resets, but I can't propose an alternate meaning (or writer).

I don't think we have enough information to know who wrote it yet, but I'll throw out a couple other possibilities:
1. Maya Prime could have written it and somehow forgot (most likely from someone altering her memory). When discussing the fake journal, she says something like "I'm sure there are other things that I put in your room, I just can't remember them."
2. It could have been written by someone impersonating Maya even if they don't have the initials MM. Since the note is ostensibly helpful, Himawari is a candidate.

After seeing the note in "Somewhere Inside of a Dream," Maya writes a new note that we don't see the content of. In the next reset, someone has completely scribbled it out. So someone is actively messing with Sensei's wall.

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
The note is present in the second reset, so it predates the Rooftop Apocalypse Squad.
Even if it's not from the current timeline, it would have to be written during the time that Maya Prime was "awake" since she's been in the room countless times without noticing it before. Unless she's lying or her memory has been altered, Maya and various Senseis are the only ones who have been aware of the resets during that time.

"The same place as always" is odd wording when current Sensei has only met Maya on the roof for a reset once so far, and "in the event that you overslept" could apply to any day for Sensei. Almost makes me think it's misdirection and has nothing to do with the resets, but I can't propose an alternate meaning (or writer).

I don't think we have enough information to know who wrote it yet, but I'll throw out a couple other possibilities:
1. Maya Prime could have written it and somehow forgot (most likely from someone altering her memory). When discussing the fake journal, she says something like "I'm sure there are other things that I put in your room, I just can't remember them."
2. It could have been written by someone impersonating Maya even if they don't have the initials MM. Since the note is ostensibly helpful, Himawari is a candidate.

After seeing the note in "Somewhere Inside of a Dream," Maya writes a new note that we don't see the content of. In the next reset, someone has completely scribbled it out. So someone is actively messing with Sensei's wall.
"In the same place as always" is another phrase that tends to come up quite a bit:

Considering Maya thought the note sounded like something she'd say:
It seems likely that it is a Maya phrase, in particular, related to the rooftop, so whoever wrote that note seems aware of that at least.

Whether or not others have actually woken up, I'm not sure. Maya Prime may have only thought that she and Sensei were the only ones who did, but she may not even be the first "Maya Prime".

HOPE/Yasu seemed to imply basically everything has happened before:
And there's plenty of it's all "part of a cycle" stuff. So, Maya's crumbling, may simply be one of those "landmarks" that always happens. It may be that something will or has brought Maya Prime back before, which was the Maya Prime of this timeline, and something will do similar when it comes to the next Maya Prime for the next timeline like this.

Assuming the Wishing Well drying up isn't something actually new to the Resets. Which seems somewhat doubtful considering it's implications.

I'd assume based off how things still move forward while only certain things get reset, there's a limitation to this, and limitations imply limited resources, which suggests that the resets probably have a limited resource "powering" them. Similar to how "the rope" apparently is fraying:
This "infinite world" may not be able to be Infinite forever.

Overall: The note is definitely still a mystery.

Riolol

Jan 14, 2021
"In the same place as always" is another phrase that tends to come up quite a bit:

Considering Maya thought the note sounded like something she'd say:
It seems likely that it is a Maya phrase, in particular, related to the rooftop, so whoever wrote that note seems aware of that at least.

Whether or not others have actually woken up, I'm not sure. Maya Prime may have only thought that she and Sensei were the only ones who did, but she may not even be the first "Maya Prime".

HOPE/Yasu seemed to imply basically everything has happened before:
And there's plenty of it's all "part of a cycle" stuff. So, Maya's crumbling, may simply be one of those "landmarks" that always happens. It may be that something will or has brought Maya Prime back before, which was the Maya Prime of this timeline, and something will do similar when it comes to the next Maya Prime for the next timeline like this.

Assuming the Wishing Well drying up isn't something actually new to the Resets. Which seems somewhat doubtful considering it's implications.

I'd assume based off how things still move forward while only certain things get reset, there's a limitation to this, and limitations imply limited resources, which suggests that the resets probably have a limited resource "powering" them. Similar to how "the rope" apparently is fraying:
This "infinite world" may not be able to be Infinite forever.

Overall: The note is definitely still a mystery.
Why is Yasu so damn cute? I usually find fanatics off-putting but not her. I want to protect her.

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
Why is Yasu so damn cute? I usually find fanatics off-putting but not her. I want to protect her.
It probably helps that we're aware she's had quite a shitty life and seems to really just want friends. Less creepy and more sad.

Still a little creepy though:

Riolol

Jan 14, 2021
It probably helps that we're aware she's had quite a shitty life and seems to really just want friends. Less creepy and more sad.

Still a little creepy though:
Even when she's creepy she's still cute. It's a shame any sex scenes with her will probably be filled with weird god shit.

Leoxsama

Jun 26, 2017
Considering this VN seems to be trending towards the meta narrative direction, it would be pretty cool if at some point in the VN (maybe after chapter 6 considering that's how many thumbnails are in the main story menu), The entire VN starts warping or glitching, down to the menus, UI, pretty much everything in a similar fashion to Doki Doki. Hell, maybe some of the portraits from the main and side girls menu starts missing or something.

Dec 18, 2020
Considering this VN seems to be trending towards the meta narrative direction, it would be pretty cool if at some point in the VN (maybe after chapter 6 considering that's how many thumbnails are in the main story menu), The entire VN starts warping or glitching, down to the menus, UI, pretty much everything in a similar fashion to Doki Doki. Hell, maybe some of the portraits from the main and side girls menu starts missing or something.
I actually expected this, when Maya got resetted

Aug 20, 2021
That’d be dope as fuck and I wanna see this too. Perhaps during the climax (lul) of the Dark Route, when multiple members of the Rooftop Apocalypse Squad are gathered and before an inevitable divine showdown against the gods.

Personally I think only Akira will be able to stop them, because in the Happy Event “Trinity Pt. III: Non Est Deus”, I believe there was a line about him being destined to kill god.

Edit: Here it is.

Last edited:

Kitty Hawk

Jul 8, 2020
That’d be dope as fuck and I wanna see this too. Perhaps during the climax (lul) of the Dark Route, when multiple members of the Rooftop Apocalypse Squad are gathered and before an inevitable divine showdown against the gods.

Personally I think only Akira will be able to stop them, because in the Happy Event “Trinity Pt. III: Non Est Deus”, I believe there was a line about him being destined to kill god.

Edit: Here it is.

How can you kill a god? What a grand and intoxicating innocence!

1.jpg

4.20 star(s) 295 Votes