Raf-Raf

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 4, 2019
That's the kind of horror Denpa is. While more well known forms rely on jumpscares or creep factor, that's not how Denpa usually does it.
I don't think it really counts as horror if all it does is cheap jumpscares and all the creep / scare factor went poof.
I'd rather play FNAF and that has better jumpscares than this.

Raf-Raf

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 4, 2019
Then go do that. Seriously, why spend time bitching about a game you clearly don't like and isn't for you.
Ah, that's where you're wrong bud'.
I USED to like this, LOVE even and heck, I was even a huge fan back then.
I'm just voicing my disappointment in recent developments as this streak of disappointments keep continuing.

Criticizing isn't always Bitching as you call it.
I will criticize this game if it's bad, I will praise it if it's good.
How bout you stfu and remove that rose-tinted glasses of yours, yeah?

I'll never be tired of HOPE though, I'm gon' wait until the best waifu is introduced.
Yasu Yasu is just HOPE from WISH.

Last edited:

fdsasdf_p

Apr 24, 2021
For me it switched at the remake. Before, the horror elements were mysterious, atmospheric, and plot focused, with a little bit of gross imagery and body horror thrown in to spice things up. The perfect dish! The happy scenes were also separated from the normal environment, but occurring over top of it in a way that felt like there was a second dimension to the real world that was happening, and there was a balance of power that prevented any of the deities from directly reaching over to the other side in order to maintain a degree of verisimilitude for the "subjects" in the real world. It was great!

Now, after the remake, the gross imagery and body horror has become the primary element - so now the dish just tastes like spice, and the happy scenery has leaked into the main setting so much that none of it feels real any more, it just feels more like a fake simulation where anything goes, which is unfortunate compared to where it was previously. It's not like it got this way over time, either - it was remade to start like this from the beginning.

I probably would have kept playing this game if I started post-remake, but I doubt I would have supported it as much as I did.
Same here; much of the remake content to me really seems to be catering solely to the old audience, to fill in what dev considered to be holes in his storytelling. I doubt any new player would have the same shock when they stumble upon their first happy scene because they've played the BREED YOUR NIECE game and known something is really up.

However, I am in fact a fan of having happy theme leaking into normal events. Before that I only need to be en garde during happy time because "I am safe" when I am outside of it, and now you could get caught off guard even during normal time! It's the delusional world corroding the supposedly normal world that gives you the uneasy feeling (but I can totally see people getting desensitized or simply annoyed if all the events just constantly go apeshit and violently flash you with TV static).

Plus, due to the nature of the game, people who got invested WILL start going through happy events with a magnifying glass because that's where all the lore is from. I remembered going through the first few happy events actually having acute mental stress and thinking "no no no what's happening". Now? it's "YAAAAAAAS A HAPPY SCENE!!!!" maybe I'm not playing this game right. When it comes to this, happy events are doomed to be less scary over time and are at best unsettling or just intriguing: in a way, I made them less scary to myself. But hey feeling unsettled alone is enough for me, and having "happy feelings" in normal events really did just that.

KnowNoHope

Apr 16, 2020
Same here; much of the remake content to me really seems to be catering solely to the old audience,
See I feel the exact opposite. The remake seemed to cater to the worst sycophants of his die hards in discord and mainly towards new players. As old players are the ones that tend not to like it as much. It really felt like lowering the quality to match ch 2 and 3s energy to me so new players wouldn't notice how much better/disturbing the start was.
Last time I was in his discord there seem to be a LOT of people that don't want bad things to happen and for it to be more 'tame' which probably explains this but I know it used to not be like that when it first started.

k1n5l4y3r

Jun 20, 2018
Talking about horror, how do you guys think the deed with Chinami will be? I guess she will be done from the backdoor cuz I don't see her tiny little pussy beign able to even take the tip of mini-Sensei.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Bingoogus

Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
Talking about horror, how do you guys think the deed with Chinami will be? I guess she will be done from the backdoor cuz I don't see her tiny little pussy beign able to even take the tip of mini-Sensei.
Yeah if he tries to go through the front door that scene is going to be even more incredibly fucked than it already will be... i'm looking forward to the content if only out of morbid curiosity but i know for a fact i won't be getting a boner from it, that's for sure.

Aug 13, 2017
Is the game on hold or is Selebus just completely remaking the game like a mad man? I know he has a fascination with working himself to death. Poor guy really needs a hug and some more coffee at this point.

Either way - looking forward to it.

@Selebus Stay safe, you hear me?

k1n5l4y3r

Jun 20, 2018
Is the game on hold or is Selebus just completely remaking the game like a mad man? I know he has a fascination with working himself to death. Poor guy really needs a hug and some more coffee at this point.

Selebus took an arrow to the knee if you know what I mean.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
I don't think it really counts as horror if all it does is cheap jumpscares and all the creep / scare factor went poof.
I'd rather play FNAF and that has better jumpscares than this.
That counts as horror, but a different kind of horror than this. Like I said, Denpa isn't about that kind of thing, it is more psychological than the jumpscares of typical horror.

See I feel the exact opposite. The remake seemed to cater to the worst sycophants of his die hards in discord and mainly towards new players. As old players are the ones that tend not to like it as much. It really felt like lowering the quality to match ch 2 and 3s energy to me so new players wouldn't notice how much better/disturbing the start was.
Last time I was in his discord there seem to be a LOT of people that don't want bad things to happen and for it to be more 'tame' which probably explains this but I know it used to not be like that when it first started.
I mean, in a genre where you are basically guaranteed to turn people away for some aspect or another, that's actually a smart move to cater to those that are the most loyal since they are the ones who will not be turned away by the content. If you try to please everyone, you end up pleasing no one. It would have resulted in watering down what he had built if he catered to anyone not already into the genres at play and that would have turned away people who are into it.

I could see it being forced in, not that it would fit or that either would be feeling particularly good because of it. The way I see it, this is likely to depend on what was meant by the demands of the god that seemed to be possessing Yasu in a previous event and whether that god will force him into specific things as punishment. I could definitely see him forcing that specific part of her open if he himself gets possessed for the act as punishment for missing the deadline or something.

He's on break for personal things, not necessarily bad ones. He'll be back soon enough.

IceNeo2

Jun 23, 2018
Took a break from the game since after v23 Part 2, and I got to say I wish that the dev didn't have to remove Makoto she is my favorite of the cast. That aside I don't really like how the Happy stuff is starting to pop up more often.

DarkDaemonX

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2020
Despite the limited content, let it be known to any heroic individuals with access to the new care package that an upload would be much appreciated.
I sent it to a mod, so it got added to the OP yesterday.

Edit:
meh maybe send a dm to DarkDemonX since he got the last ones
I always deliver.

Last edited:

humpgorilla

Apr 1, 2021
can someone send a save with the last event from sana missed, i did not miss mine and i want to see if something changes in the main events if i heve missed that one, or at least tell me what changes here marking as spoiler

4.20 star(s) 295 Votes