butterfly boy

Feb 13, 2023
Going for Yumi first before Chika would definitely make sense since Chika wouldn't have her main ace to back her up, but since Ami is as dumb as a doorknob, idk if she would think of that. Then again, Ami has thrown some surprises at us that make it seem like she's more conscious of things than she let's on. Now that I think of it, she been throwing hints out to Sensei that she knows something is fishy, and she definitely knew that someone was in his wardrobe when she came into his room last update.

If I had to bet on it, I would say that if Yumi is first, it'll be from her defending Chika from Psycho Ami. I'm sure that she'll be in the know of the apartment if and once Chika and Chinami move in and very likely would be around once stabby time initiates. What happens after it initiates is anyone's guess.
If the final events in 0.31 were set up by Ami then there's no way she's "dumb as a doorknob". And if what Maya said was true, there's no way someone like Ami who is weaker and smaller than half of the class is able to significantly harm them without careful planning.
Anyways, my point is if Ami wanted to kill Chika, she'd go straight for Chika instead of Yumi. Yumi isn't Chika's bodyguard, they are high school friends and she isn't even aware that someone wants to kill Chika. The realistic scenario is that Chika gets killed, one of her body parts gets shown in front of the class with the message "Sensei is mine", class breaks into chaos, someone else in class will take the blame (Noriko probably) and only a few would be skeptical. And Yumi would only be able to look at the remains of Chika with regret.

Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
All this speculation aside, I'm really feeling like things are going to be coming to a head soon in the story. The pressure is definitely building, and I'm really wondering how Sel's going to progress stuff. With all this Ami stuff, I wonder if maybe a student like Chika or Makoto will disappear by themselves, or if a LOT of girls will all at once. How many updates will the breakdown occur over? It's going to be really fun
I am... apprehensive about the coming changes.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

The denpa stuff of this game has always been alongside the rest of the story, and the rest of the story has followed the common natural progression of ever deepening relationships and i fear the possibility i might end up in a similar situation to SO where it turns out i might've wished things went a different way only after experiencing how things do actually go down. If the denpa stuff takes over or the nature of the dynamics between the different girls starts to shift in a way i find too jarring i will probably end up in the same place, frustrated, partly wanting to enjoy being out of my comfort zone and partly desperately wanting it back.

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
Dated reference, but SO fans got New Coked.

Just like Coke Classic hits different than pre-New Coke Coke did, the post shakeup game feels too different. Everything that made us love the game got shaken up, and it feels like it was done just to shake things up, and it left a lot of plot arcs completely severed. Like it was an excuse to retcon some "written into corner" mistakes rather than actually advance the story.

I'm hoping Sel has planned enough ahead to avoid that problem.

Last edited:
Sep 26, 2018
Dated reference, but SO fans got New Coked.

Just like Coke Classic hits different than pre-New Coke Coke did, the post shakeup game feels too different. Everything that made us love the game got shaken up, and it feels like it was done just to shake things up, and it left a lot of plot arcs completely severed. Like it was an excuse to retcom some "written into corner" mistakes rather than actually advance the story.

I'm hoping Sel has planned enough ahead to avoid that problem.
Feel like this is further amplified by updates coming out once every month and a half, so if it was played as a finished game the hurdle might make sense 3-4 updates down the line but right now i'm wondering why the hell an entirely new cast of characters got added, just to go back to the original cast. And i might have to wait half a year to find out, and by that point i've forgotten everything.

Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
Dunno why i bothered with spoiler tags if you guys are going to ignore them :LOL:, i got my head bitten off recently cause i forgot them and though i personally have never given a flying fuck by having something 'spoiled', i don't enjoy folks digging into me for ruining their experience unintentionally.

I dunno if it's fair to say we got new coked, i don't personally feel like Pers0nas did anything wrong, the story is still internally consistent and flows with it's usual narrative cohesion, i feel like the problem lies purely within me, what i consciously thought i wanted to happen vs what i wasn't even aware of being a better result for my personal issues. I thought i wanted a reset, i didn't want to say good bye to the current class but after the small joy of experiencing the new class and then having it robbed from me i found it jarring as hell to have the old class back... but i think that was the point, for us to feel as regretful and discombobulated as Janu feels/felt after it all happened.

It's that feeling and experience that has me nervous about the coming phase of Sel's story.

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
If the final events in 0.31 were set up by Ami then there's no way she's "dumb as a doorknob". And if what Maya said was true, there's no way someone like Ami who is weaker and smaller than half of the class is able to significantly harm them without careful planning.
Anyways, my point is if Ami wanted to kill Chika, she'd go straight for Chika instead of Yumi. Yumi isn't Chika's bodyguard, they are high school friends and she isn't even aware that someone wants to kill Chika. The realistic scenario is that Chika gets killed, one of her body parts gets shown in front of the class with the message "Sensei is mine", class breaks into chaos, someone else in class will take the blame (Noriko probably) and only a few would be skeptical. And Yumi would only be able to look at the remains of Chika with regret.
That's assuming Psycho Ami doesn't have any Supernatural abilities, which seems highly unlikely. Considering there's Angels that can possess people, Chickens that can become 8+ ft, Sparrows that can hold knives, and beings that can manipulate time as well as alter memories, Psycho Ami being unable to do some inhuman stuff would be rather weird (even Real Ami has "Cute Girl Magic"). In theory she's already shown some energy draining (Sensei's phone dying) and mind altering abilities (Sensei saying Ami is so cute uncontrollably).

There's not much reason for someone like Dr. Manhattan to be Batman. Much like how Ami made Sara and Sana pop in the Bonus Ami event, Psycho Ami might be able to just do that to the other girls if she isn't taking time to humiliate and sodomize them first.

I also wouldn't say the lying thing is all that smart. It not only gave herself away to Maya, but it's also making it her word against two others that she knows Sensei trusts, and to a suspicious degree in Maya's case. All it really did was make her suspicious, unless there's like a phase two to it, where Psycho Ami is trying to make Real Ami feel alone for more control or something.

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
I am... apprehensive about the coming changes.

The denpa stuff of this game has always been alongside the rest of the story, and the rest of the story has followed the common natural progression of ever deepening relationships and i fear the possibility i might end up in a similar situation to SO where it turns out i might've wished things went a different way only after experiencing how things do actually go down. If the denpa stuff takes over or the nature of the dynamics between the different girls starts to shift in a way i find too jarring i will probably end up in the same place, frustrated, partly wanting to enjoy being out of my comfort zone and partly desperately wanting it back.
Definitely feel you.

I somewhat lost interest in SO, albeit I've been losing interest since it started the "niece"/aunt going psycho because you won't love her, so other yous will have fun with her instead stuff, especially when it feels so forced and unnecessary. The stuff afterwards, and the way the MC reacts to his situation feels forced as well. I'm actually an update behind on it, but who knows, maybe I'll give it another chance eventually.

I'm hoping Sel has a more complex reason for Psycho Ami existing, or I'm going to be disappointed. I find it somewhat painfully cliche so far, but stuff like Nao-chan, Tsuneyo seemingly being unaffected by the resets, and the upside down house, are keeping me hopeful that it won't feel forced and unnecessary. I'm thinking Psycho Ami is more of a side quest or maybe even a red herring, but I'd just appreciate something to make it at least on Yuno Gasai's level of complexity if we're doing the yandere trope. I'll give it some updates before I make up my mind on how I feel about it, though. Who knows, it might figuratively blow my mind.

Last edited:

El_Zane_123

Oct 22, 2020
If Ami is indeed the person who set up this world and is maintaining it, it stands to reason that she is not, in fact stupid. She is crafty, and playing stupid tricks people into underestimating her, making her exceptionally dangerous.
You remember the end of Mama's girl? Where she repeatedly said 3 times not to trust Maya in a way Miku deflected any talk about resets?

AFTER Akira told her people would react that way when addressing the resets. And AFTER he and Makoto mentioned the resets to her without failsafing.

She did that on purpose. Either because she knew or because she is extremely perceptive and witty.

She indeed is not dumb. She is terrifyingly clever. She will bring this whole world down and will maniacally laugh while doing so and most won't even see it coming because it's "just Ami".

She scares me. Very very much so. And that is before the actual scary event (I spoilered myself) even starts...

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Bingoogus

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
You remember the end of Mama's girl? Where she repeatedly said 3 times not to trust Maya in a way Miku deflected any talk about resets?

AFTER Akira told her people would react that way when addressing the resets. And AFTER he and Makoto mentioned the resets to her without failsafing.

She did that on purpose. Either because she knew or because she is extremely perceptive and witty.

She indeed is not dumb. She is terrifyingly clever. She will bring this whole world down and will maniacally laugh while doing so and most won't even see it coming because it's "just Ami".

She scares me. Very very much so. And that is before the actual scary event (I spoilered myself) even starts...
She also indicated in this update that she knows exactly how to crack Akira's brain so that he blanks out and she can feed him suggestions.

Nyatalanta

Dec 16, 2020
Guys sorry for the probably stupud question, but it's normal that I lost all my affection with girls after 5th reset?

k1n5l4y3r

Jun 20, 2018
Guys sorry for the probably stupud question, but it's normal that I lost all my affection with girls after 5th reset?
If you had the cheater flag in that reset then yes, Selly made a trap there. you can use the editor in the first page or just use URM to edit affection the variable is "girlname_love", and the cheater flag is just that "cheater".

Nyatalanta

Dec 16, 2020
If you had the cheater flag in that reset then yes, Selly made a trap there. you can use the editor in the first page or just use URM to edit affection the variable is "girlname_love", and the cheater flag is just that "cheater".
Oh okay, thanks. Probably get it when played 4th or 3rd reset with a guide.

FireCazador

May 22, 2020
Edit: actually, i'm using the guide mod, does anyone know if it covers all those traps with warnings?
The only "traps" that i remember are the ones that mark a girl that need X points but actually is another girl.
Example: It may say that you need like 50 lust points with futaba for an event at ch3 but actually is Makoto who need them (and you have to get them before the depression mode).
Maybe not that relevant this one cause with the maravellous and magnificent URM you can change it fast

• Red Heart
Reactions: Bingoogus

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
So, what's everyone's thoughts on:
Boring answer: The reason why Akira stopped tutoring in the old district is because Maya threw such a massive tantrum that someone took out a restraining order, and she legally cannot return to the district.

"Throw shit at the wall" answer: Maya's only survived all these resets because she made a dark bargain of some sort, and if she ever goes to the Old District, the entity she made the bargain with will come to collect, devouring her soul and forcing her to watch Noriko become Akira's personal cum dumpster for the next eleventy-billion years.

KnowNoHope

Apr 16, 2020
the absurd amount of space war veterns (homeless people mind broken and shoved into the unwanted area because they screw up 'ami's world') attack her
on a side note anyone remember what event it was when a homeless person reached out and started talking/attacking akira

4.20 star(s) 296 Votes