butterfly boy

Feb 13, 2023
I can definitely see a couple of these.

My "potential" lists:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Sorry if this comes off as rude but it's wild to me that you think most of this group would ever come close to suicide when most of them have lost family members and are still going strong. The closest one to suicide is Niki and it'd still take a lot for her to crumble.

The kill someone list is also inaccurate, Yasu doesn't kill because her religion doesn't allow it (she avoided kyudo club with Touka), Ayane, Chika and Touka are very kind and wouldn't kill unless it's a world wide threat or something like that.
Maya is a wildcard, her motives are not very clear but if she didn't kill Noriko even if there's a chance Sensei might lose all memories then she probably wouldn't kill anyone.
Tsuneyo would kill for righteous reasons, she almost killed Sensei.
Nodoka wouldn't kill anyone with her current motives and I think she prefers psychological damage
Psycho Ami definitely kills.

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
Sorry if this comes off as rude but it's wild to me that you think most of this group would ever come close to suicide when most of them have lost family members and are still going strong. The closest one to suicide is Niki and it'd still take a lot for her to crumble.

The kill someone list is also inaccurate, Yasu doesn't kill because her religion doesn't allow it (she avoided kyudo club with Touka), Ayane, Chika and Touka are very kind and wouldn't kill unless it's a world wide threat or something like that.
Maya is a wildcard, her motives are not very clear but if she didn't kill Noriko even if there's a chance Sensei might lose all memories then she probably wouldn't kill anyone.
Nodoka wouldn't kill anyone with her current motives and I think she prefers psychological damage
I agree with most of this, though I think Chika could be pushed to kill if someone endangered Chinami. She's proven to have quite a temper and will fiercely defend the people she loves if threatened.

Nodoka seems to be done with Yumi, she left a massive psychological scar and got her suspended. The only way she goes after Yumi again is if Yumi goes after Futaba again.

Reactions: crustlord12

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019

There are worst things than losing family members. They all had something/someone else to live for, otherwise they wouldn't be here. Still, those are just those I consider potential possibilities. Not guarantees.

I did say Psycho Yasu. Not just Yasu. If a god changes her, it doesn't matter what she normally thinks. Also Ayane has murdered like 4 janitors on accident. Still, Ayane, Chika, and Touka haven't had a reason to kill yet. (Well, Ayane somewhat does but it remains to be seen if she actually would.) Again just potential possibilities. Maya knows killing is fruitless, so killing Noriko wouldn't do anything. However, she's made it clear she doesn't consider others as real, and is completely fine using others as experiments. I can see both her and Nodoka sacrificing everyone else to get what they want. Nodoka has noted she'd put her self first even over Futaba, hence her fucking Sensei.

Tsuneyo would definitely kill for righteous reasons. If killing everyone else ends up being the righteous option, then well, here comes Gallows Edge.

Last edited:

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
Chinami is at the top of my list of characters who would commit suicide, let the girl get close to a bag of peanuts and watch the damage happen.
Same. It's a little sad that a little girl might be the most openly suicidal character, in this game.

Reactions: rianzz

ccxvidonaferens

May 25, 2022

Thing is the mind can be a funny thing just like the human body. Think about all the physical trauma someone can take to their body during a disaster like an earthquake or tornado or something similar and they can fight through and survive but sometimes the body just decides it's had enough and simply... stops. I think it can also be true when it comes to emotional trauma.

Reactions: DeSkel15

butterfly boy

Feb 13, 2023
Thing is the mind can be a funny thing just like the human body. Think about all the physical trauma someone can take to their body during a disaster like an earthquake or tornado or something similar and they can fight through and survive but sometimes the body just decides it's had enough and simply... stops. I think it can also be true when it comes to emotional trauma.
My point is that we're discussing people who could attempt suicide and if you have to come up with a ridiculous scenario to make them crumble then it's not worth discussing as most people would also shut down at that point. Also it would not make for a good story.
For example Makoto's dad dying was a good event, because she was already at a bad mental state and the event push her down to the lowest point so that she could rise back up. And while Chinami dying out of nowhere would break Chika a lot, it would also not fit in with her story at all. Chika has her own arc and her own struggles and doesn't need her suicide story like Makoto. That's why I think most of the people on that list will not attempt suicide.

Reactions: crustlord12

Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
Jesus, replaying this game with the knowledge i have now is extra weird at certain points. Like, i knew Sekai was a groomer pedo but the happy scene 'something everyone knows and ignores' goes to show just how fucking fucked up of a pedo she was grooming Akira. Absolutely twisted stuff. When i first played through i took all this shit as just nonsensical splashes of shock value tripe Selly slapped together, but i'm seeing now how it's actually severely traumatic memories filtered through a broken mind. Akira might be a groomer himself but Sekai is in a league of her own.

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
Jesus, replaying this game with the knowledge i have now is extra weird at certain points. Like, i knew Sekai was a groomer pedo but the happy scene 'something everyone knows and ignores' goes to show just how fucking fucked up of a pedo she was grooming Akira. Absolutely twisted stuff. When i first played through i took all this shit as just nonsensical splashes of shock value tripe Selly slapped together, but i'm seeing now how it's actually severely traumatic memories filtered through a broken mind. Akira might be a groomer himself but Sekai is in a league of her own.
Sensei, unironically, may have learned from the "best".

Sekai's word is law:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
This game is ultimately about the cycle of abuse. We learn very early that Akira is a terrible person, and now we're learning that he's a terrible person because another terrible person traumatized him and he never found a healthy way to process that trauma.

And this has horrifying implications for some of the students, as they're going to be the inheritors of the same trauma that turned him into who he is. Sure, some of the girls he's been very good at letting them control the pace, but Makoto and Miku?
He ignored their boundaries at every step and that shit's gonna haunt them. At least one of them is going to wind up as broken as he is, and with Miku using drugs to cope, that does not bode well for her.

fdsasdf_p

Apr 24, 2021
I think you guys forgot about girl who studied quantum physics. If only she wasn't so cryptic about her knowledge.

Yes, but no. Sensei currently have at least 3 top school students (and Touka is surely in top4 too, soo 4 top students) in his class and two of them joined him because Wakana was literaly uncapable of teaching them. It's solid AF
I would also add Ayane to the list of the smartest student as well (but I don’t think she did that great score-wise because she was too busy head over heels for Sensei).

Most of these smart girls, including Sensei, mainly demonstrate how well-versed they are in memorizing trivial stuff (perhaps with the exception of Nodoka who excels at all brain activity). You definitely can’t be too dumb to achieve this, but at the end of the day it’s just who remembers random things better.

On the other hand, Ayane’s suggestion about testing reset in The Sun And All Its Toxic Rays really showcases how systematic and logical she is when approaching the unknowns. THAT is what I consider smart.
(imo that dialogue is written really well)

Reactions: DeSkel15

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
My point is that we're discussing people who could attempt suicide and if you have to come up with a ridiculous scenario to make them crumble then it's not worth discussing as most people would also shut down at that point. Also it would not make for a good story.
For example Makoto's dad dying was a good event, because she was already at a bad mental state and the event push her down to the lowest point so that she could rise back up. And while Chinami dying out of nowhere would break Chika a lot, it would also not fit in with her story at all. Chika has her own arc and her own struggles and doesn't need her suicide story like Makoto. That's why I think most of the people on that list will not attempt suicide.
I think you're being a little too optimistic, tbh. Chinami has been teased to die since the cough, and her death or disappearance would easily make the Dark Phase, Dark. She is only a side character in the end. A very sickly one at that, that Sensei has grown close too. I can see her being fridged.

Tack on Chinami disappearing, then add something like Chika finding out Sensei is cheating, and I can see Chika getting suicidal. Not that I can see her being allowed to stay dead. It also wouldn't be the first time someone tried to kill themselves, broke, then got reset back to normal. Chika might even be reset to forget about Chinami, just to add some more darkness. Similar to the whole "Who's Ayane?" Sana thing, except for real. A Chika that suddenly doesn't have a sister to take care of, or a boyfriend to impress, would be interesting to see.

Chika's "struggles" and story revolve around stability. Not really sure why you think something like this couldn't be a possibility. It almost fits too well, imo. Then again, that could be the twist. It's so predictable, it won't happen.

I also think most people on my list won't commit suicide. It'd be far too excessive. I do think they all have the potential though.

Last edited:

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
This game is ultimately about the cycle of abuse. We learn very early that Akira is a terrible person, and now we're learning that he's a terrible person because another terrible person traumatized him and he never found a healthy way to process that trauma.

And this has horrifying implications for some of the students, as they're going to be the inheritors of the same trauma that turned him into who he is. Sure, some of the girls he's been very good at letting them control the pace, but Makoto and Miku?
He ignored their boundaries at every step and that shit's gonna haunt them. At least one of them is going to wind up as broken as he is, and with Miku using drugs to cope, that does not bode well for her.
Not to mention that Makoto of all people wants/wanted to become a teacher, and has already forced herself on another to feel better.

Last edited:
Reactions: rianzz

blackredfish

Feb 10, 2018

In the Care Packages you can see Miku prolonging the cycle with her PE students in the future. Not sure if should be taken as canon but it's worth a mention.

Reactions: rianzz and JelF547

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
In the Care Packages you can see Miku prolonging the cycle with her PE students in the future. Not sure if should be taken as canon but it's worth a mention.
Selebus has explicitly stated that the care packages are non-canon, which doesn't mean they're not something that could happen, but they aren't relevant to the story of LiL itself, and represent only possible futures.

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
I think you're being a little too optimistic, tbh. Chinami has been teased to die since the cough, and her death or disappearance would easily make the Dark Phase, Dark. She is only a side character in the end. A very sickly one at that, that Sensei has grown close too. I can see her being fridged.
Chinami's fate is darker than simply dying.

It's getting sicker and sicker, never truly being able to die. Watching her sister's limited resources stretch thinner and thinner knowing she'll never actually get better, but Chika keeps trying anyway, and Chinami get weaker, more helpless, and can only watch as it slowly kills the light in her sister's soul. And in that moment when it feels that merciful release has finally come, some bitch on a rooftop resets the universe, and she's back to "too dead to live, too alive to die" for the next 3-4 months.

4.20 star(s) 296 Votes