barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
I remember that event. Not in detail though. I think it starts within a sports locker room? But they talk like they where standing in a school hallway.
How'd he even have a memory about it like this?
Unless he time travelled there.

Maybe this is a time paradox and he is his own father :LOL:

Anyway, besides the little we get as facts here and there, with the perception thingy going on, it's hard to rule out a loooot of things.
The event is Everything is Connected, and it starts on a soccer field. It's the one where you see Miku and the Kanda's severed heads, and they turn into melons. Maya guides you to a shed, where you briefly interact with Akira's mother.

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
This would explain how Akira is, as Yasu says, "a child born to someone who understood"
Considering Yasu seemed to refer to that someone as "her" and "she":
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I think it's actually referring to Saki. Saki was also religious apparently, as well as connected to the upside down house, so her being on Yasu's and HOPE's side, as well as the light, would make sense.

Saki also seems a little callous since she seemed to not like Sensei much.

derekthered56

May 30, 2018
What do you think guys - Did Sekai feel attraction and "love" only for Akira or would any prepubertal boy at the time have suited her?
She says in the Peek-a-boo event that her heart started skipping more than one beat while playing with him. She might have been able to fall in love with some other boy but she didn't pick Akira out of convenience, she fell in love organically.

That also implies that she started developing those feelings when he was a toddler. Bleck.

BlackDays

Jan 30, 2021
The event is Everything is Connected, and it starts on a soccer field. It's the one where you see Miku and the Kanda's severed heads, and they turn into melons. Maya guides you to a shed, where you briefly interact with Akira's mother.
As i said i rember that event, mostly. I think it was reworked, with the head stuff, because ch1 rework.

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
Could you please tell me where that was said?
It's more of an inference, since Saki appears:
saying "It's upside down", upside down, and with the text "believe in God" upside down as well.

This showed up in the 'cracking of the egg (nothing is beautiful)' main event if I recall. Nothing is beautiful also seems to be referencing Selebus' past game.

Last edited:

BlackDays

Jan 30, 2021
It's more of an inference, since Saki appears:
saying "upside down", upside down, and with the text "believe in God" upside down as well, with "amen" also showing up.

This showed up in the 'cracking of the egg (nothing is beautiful)' main event if I recall. Nothing is beautiful also seems to be referencing Selebus' past game.
A bit weak. A hint maybe. Nothing concrete.

Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
That also implies that she started developing those feelings when he was a toddler. Bleck.
Oh no, it's even worse, babies develop object permanence by 6 to 9 months so Sekai had to be playing peekaboo before that age... Sekai was in love with a literal baby...

Haven't seen anyone say it but i've been operating under the assumption Sekai was kind of like Niki, friend of the family/Nozomu long before marrying him. Timelines kind of require it if you think about it.

hcguy

Aug 29, 2019
I dunno, i don't have good ears for music most of the time and i can hear bits in both songs so i'll just bow out of this one. I'd be more curious to find the actual source file Selly used to make his version tbh anyway.
I would bet money it's the Janis Ian song. While there are some similarities between "At Seventeen" and "Can't Smile Without You", the chord progressions are not the same, and the Janis Ian song has the bossa nova beat that the song in the happy event has.

Reactions: Bingoogus

Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
I would bet money it's the Janis Ian song. While there are some similarities between "At Seventeen" and "Can't Smile Without You", the chord progressions are not the same, and the Janis Ian song has the bossa nova beat that the song in the happy event has.
I think you're probably right, i listened to it again earlier and it matched more the more i listened, also, the whole Amy repeatedly mentioning 17 backs it up so i figure there's a far better chance it's this song than the Barry song.

Still, i suspect the Barry song was what it was reminding Bargle of as that's what it reminded me off too.

Reactions: hcguy

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
I think you're probably right, i listened to it again earlier and it matched more the more i listened, also, the whole Amy repeatedly mentioning 17 backs it up so i figure there's a far better chance it's this song than the Barry song.

Still, i suspect the Barry song was what it was reminding Bargle of as that's what it reminded me off too.
Hearing both songs, the mall song is definitely derived from the Janis Ian track, but I don't know if I'd ever heard that song prior to this weekend. The Manilow track I definitely recognize from the easy-listening crap I had to hear in the car as a kid.

• Haha
Reactions: Bingoogus and hcguy

hcguy

Aug 29, 2019

Ha - the Janis Ian song is the first one I went to. :) I've always thought it was a pretty great song - the lyrics are killer.

I think it's also interesting that Ian sings about learning the truth about love at 17, which is not an age any of Sensei's class has reached yet - they have not yet had a chance to "learn the truth".

• Thinking Face

GarbageCat

Jun 17, 2020
So about Nao-Chan...
1. likes headpats (I think she may be the only character to request them)
2. has fangs
3. is immediately liked by everyone she meets
Is Nao a dog?
It's a trap. Also, @Selebus, you know you can move the hearts or actually make them the Iris?

• Haha
4.20 star(s) 296 Votes