er3z

May 14, 2022
i was about to say how great of an idea it would be to create a r/okbuddysensei subreddit but someone already took the name

fdsasdf_p

Apr 24, 2021
Next cards: Io, Sana, Rin
There is something about this Yumi that somehow makes her +50% cuter than usual; how is it possible? is it because of the uniform/pony tail combo that she never did?

Or maybe it's because this makes her look like somewhat of a good student who just spent some efforts into looking tidy for a professional headshot

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
There is something about this Yumi that somehow makes her +50% cuter than usual; how is it possible? is it because of the uniform/pony tail combo that she never did?

Or maybe it's because this makes her look like somewhat of a good student who just spent some efforts into looking tidy for a professional headshot
It might just be me, but that koikatsu version kind of makes her look more like her mom to me. Take that as you will.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: fdsasdf_p

illogicallity

Jun 22, 2023
There's no way that's the case because she appears SUPER early in the game, you just don't see her before then.
When Sensei buys the scarf for Maya the first time she was there as the shopkeeper, you can pick up on her weird speech pattern and lack of awareness when it comes to prices.

Edit : Oh yeah, and she's also already in this event disguised as Maya, probably.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
When you try to get Haruka to call you Husband as a pet name and Maya appears, it must be her in disguise as well, and that was way early in the game if I recall correctly

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
That seems to me the most likely option too, and i think it makes the scene unique as Sensei recalling a memory of a non-original version of Sensei. As far as I can recall, any other memories he's remembered have been from the original iteration.
Possibly, it's definitely hard to tell since for all we know everyone is lying and false memories are a thing even then.

I do think the "breed a niece game" might have been a past loop memory of his though, and possibly some stuff in the happy events, but that's all conjecture. Also I'm hoping Ami doesn't actually have 500 fingers like she did in the "dream":
Then there's Ami 2, and.. yeah, really hoping it wasn't a memory of him with a past Psycho Ami.

fdsasdf_p

Apr 24, 2021
Saw a few friends of mine on twitter noooooooing over the end of Illusion on 08/18/23; I guess here goes some legality dramas (or maybe not? DRM shit is tricky)

IMG_5439.jpeg
Thank you for the wonderful assets that make meeting Chinami possible

butterfly boy

Feb 13, 2023
Saw a few friends of mine on twitter noooooooing over the end of Illusion on 08/18/23; I guess here goes some legality dramas (or maybe not? DRM shit is tricky)

View attachment 2768252
Thank you for the wonderful assets that make meeting Chinami possible
What happened? I couldn't find anything about it
Edit: nvm it's just Illusion shutting down without any drama behind it. Probably will not affect the HS and Koi VNs

Last edited:
Reactions: DeSkel15

ContraBxss

Jul 2, 2023
I'm glad people liked it because I had second thoughts about sharing it xd
You and er3z are very kind with your words, thank you.
Umm, I will rethink some parts and make the song a little better and maybe put a bit more production on the sound and rerecord it before I do anything new with it. The thought of sending it to Selebus on the off chance he likes it did cross my mind, though i'd have to make like a burner discord account, can't imagine using my real one for something like that lol.
I am not the best with sheet music, but i'll try to write something up maybe this weekend and send it your way!
Huge, I will be waiting patiently lol

Reactions: saerav

FireCazador

May 22, 2020
So, some Niki and Maya timeline stuff:

As for the Maya handjob "dream", I think that was actually Maya breaking a past Sensei in a loop, like she's mentioned she's done:
Sensei just recalled a past version of himself before he "broke" or in other words, a past life moments before being fucked to death by Maya.
DeSkel woke up feeling like a FBI agent and gave us a marvellous gather of information to recap their past. Sometimes i wonder how some of you remember when happen certains things.
After some time i forgot almost everything and only after trying hard to remember i can sometimes remember about it xdd

Reactions: DeSkel15

BlackDays

Jan 30, 2021
I dont know what this is and why it would make some relevant drama. Can someone explain it?
Without Illusion (developer/company) there would be no Lil. No Lil, no HHG, and a lot more, i guess this side would be just a third of what it is.
Just crappy RPGM and Daz3D games.

Illusion created Koikatsu (Sunshine) and Honey Select (2) among others.
Those games come with a character creator. Thats where the girls come from.
And almost all the assets you see in Lil come from Koikatsu.

Last edited:

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
I'd argue the issues don't exactly go away, they get murkier, cause whoever snaps their IP rights up might end up being very litigious.
Illusion had partnered with Fakku for western distribution and rights enforcement, but rights enforcement by proxy is always murky. If Fakku winds up buying the assets, they'll be able to litigate much more cleanly, and based on how they have behaved in the past, I'd be shocked if they didn't go full-bore after everyone.

• Sad
Reactions: Bingoogus

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
Illusion created Koikatsu (Sunshine) and Honey Select (2) among others.
Those games come with a character creator. Thats where the girls come from.
And almost all the assets you see in Lil come from Koikatsu.
I'd say it's closer to half the games on this site once you weed out the abandoned games. New KK-based games pop up several times a week lately.

As to why this matters -- neither Honey Select nor Koikatsu have open licenses, and Illusion was very publically complaining about people making for-profit games using their assets, but Illusion doesn't do business outside Japan directly, so they could only litigate in Japan against people working in the country. If an international firm buys the assets, the lack of an open use license could potentially result in a large number of independent H-game developers getting sued over the use of the games for commercial products.

A lot of developers have been riding a grey area, where "the game is free and always will be, you're just donating money to me so I can dedicate time to the game," but if that ever gets tested in court...

The people outright selling these games on itch.io are potentially fucked.

4.20 star(s) 296 Votes