Yarazin

Dec 2, 2022
Yup, that's the exact frame of mind i am in with regards to her being dead, sure, her body will persist and someone will inhabit it and she might even be a great character, but our Maya is dead with a pop. My guts have churned every time i've thought about it
This is exactly how ive felt all day. I almost staryed crying reading this to my wife to help explain how i feel.

• Sad
Reactions: Bingoogus

Wardtnaci

Jun 12, 2022
I failed to see the reason why Maya is fucking Sensei at the end of this update
What happened is that, @ the end of "The End of the World", Akira's mind was breaking when Maya came back into the Karaoke booth to take Akira back home to start his struggle to break free and journey to the roof. Except Maya got surprised by the state Sana was in and pause for a bit then Akira blacked out (probably puppet stringed into this state by GOD God god), tackled Maya, ripped her clothes off and began to have "Blackout Sex" with her (and snapping out of it mid way to have a last moment with her. The Event Ends with a POP and Akira (blacking out again this time from the Pain of losing her) saying "Maya?" That POP is the moment she is Reset. We don't see then because we are hardly shown what happens when Akira blacks out (he's not aware of himself). We see that play out as a Flashback however @ the end of "Remember to Smile" for 2 possible reasons: 1. GOD God god made him remember to torment him in knowing what he lost. Or 2. Akira Forced himself to remember Maya and the promise he made to her before she POP'ed.

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
Yup, that's the exact frame of mind i am in with regards to her being dead, sure, her body will persist and someone will inhabit it and she might even be a great character, but our Maya is dead with a pop. My guts have churned every time i've thought about it
Hm, this probably sounds "wrong", but I think this might have been what's best for her. I can't really see things turning out better for her.

I'm probably just heartless though. My reaction to Ami, Paper City Elimination, and Maya's last words, were comparable to how Maya reacted to what happened to Ami. Then again, Blacksouls kind of prepared me for this kind of stuff.

Algorist

Jul 18, 2022
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I'm probably just heartless though. My reaction to Ami, Paper City Elimination, and Maya's last words, were comparable to how Maya reacted to what happened to Ami. Then again, Blacksouls kind of prepared me for this kind of stuff.
I am ashamed to admit it, but I felt curiosity and excitement. How will a grief-unhinged Sensei act? How will everything play out? Maya's reset was huge. Practically everything will change moving forward. I will not lie: I felt a fleeting pang of sadness because I liked her a lot, but unfortunately, that was quickly overwritten by enthusiasm. There is also the hopefulness I have that she will make her appearance again, aiding me. Maybe this marks the birth of a motivated Sensei?

Angiboat

Jun 22, 2020
I just think she snapped.
She was holding herself back for ages and she finally gets Akira back, and as she said herself a few times, she thought the current status quo was good and she was satisfied with it the way it was even though Sensei said that barely qualifies as living.
What might have made her decide to stop holding back was Sensei pushing toward her more and more and saying he loved her, she likely would not have went for impulsive sex otherwise. And maybe that Ami scene was the last straw.

Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
'Hahah! Whoops! Looks like your repeated refusal to FUCK ME has broken this scene’s continuity! Now, nothing is going to make sense! Restart the fucking game!'

It felt like a cop-out. It felt like the dev was pressed for time and chose to merge the two branches into one. This update could easily be split into two, one to mostly close CH3 hanging plot points & one more focused on the actual reset. Aside from this grievance, I found this update particularly enjoyable, especially as a more denpa/lore-oriented reader. (Of course, not to say I dislike the character-oriented parts. Far from it, actually.)
I can totally see why anyone might think that it's a cop out but for me it's just reinforcement of the idea that choices are illusions in this game, Selly consistently punishes people for making the 'wrong' choice and appears to enjoy leading players down loooooong roads of deceit before finally punishing them for their 'wrong' choice. A number of people have argued with me about it in the past but if you maintain this knowledge as a frame of mind then Selly's behaviour is extremely consistent and these sorts of red herring reveals are completely unsurprising.

Something i don't see anyone talking about much is the Ayane on the roof stuff. Did any of it actually happen? What was it if not? What was the point of insisting on ignoring the voices if it was all a projection from the gods... i don't know what to make of any of it.

derekthered56

May 30, 2018
Something i don't see anyone talking about much is the Ayane on the roof stuff. Did any of it actually happen? What was it if not? What was the point of insisting on ignoring the voices if it was all a projection from the gods... i don't know what to make of any of it.
I figured that Ayane was Himawari trying to prepare Akira mentally to accept what was about to happen. She didn't want Akira to listen to the other gods, but flipfloped when she needed to explain her own actions.

As sad as Maya's reset was, I feel like this is good for Akira overall. Now he has a tangible goal other than pain avoidance. He'll certainly sulk for the next few updates, but maybe he'll start paying attention and actually ask questions about the mystery.

Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
I figured that Ayane was Himawari trying to prepare Akira mentally to accept what was about to happen. She didn't want Akira to listen to the other gods, but flipfloped when she needed to explain her own actions.

As sad as Maya's reset was, I feel like this is good for Akira overall. Now he has a tangible goal other than pain avoidance. He'll certainly sulk for the next few updates, but maybe he'll start paying attention and actually ask questions about the mystery.
That'd make sense but even though she's been forced to do it once, Himawari reeeeally fucking hates doppling Ayane... i can see her doing it out of desperation which this might well have been but i'd certainly like some evidence before jumping in to that camp.

Wormav

Oct 21, 2018

he have no other option BUT to ask now, because there no one left who know more than him about this stuff. Ayane? well she know even LESS then him and he himself dont know much, their only source of information was Maya and now she gone soo Akira literally FORCED to ask questions.

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
I just think she snapped.
She was holding herself back for ages and she finally gets Akira back, and as she said herself a few times, she thought the current status quo was good and she was satisfied with it the way it was even though Sensei said that barely qualifies as living.
What might have made her decide to stop holding back was Sensei pushing toward her more and more and saying he loved her, she likely would not have went for impulsive sex otherwise. And maybe that Ami scene was the last straw.
I don't think Maya had a choice here. It seems heavily implied that Sensei was raping her while blacking out like he's done before.

This happened right after Maya revealed that he used to black out on her all of the time:
She also mentioned that Sensei tore her costume off, and put it in:
And was in a pinned down position, where as that doesn't really seem to make sense for Maya, if she was having any control of the situation.

Overall: I think Sensei blacked out, raped Maya, and since he is the one doing it instead of her, she is the one that was broken.

kileos123

Game Developer
Sep 19, 2018
Make sure if you skip it that you check Ami's computer first or you'll get a missed event. Also, i'd be very cautious using a skip, i fully 100% expect Selly to run a check on some variable set from within the puzzle event as a cheat flag check later. Something like if you got all the keys or maybe just one of them. Especially since he has moles here (if not himself) who'll be informing him of the skipping cheats us filthy disgusting pirates are doing.
If such a thing were to happen we can always remove the cheater check. There is nothing that he can code into the game that we cannot just edit and remove.

Reactions: rianzz

Angiboat

Jun 22, 2020
I don't think Maya had a choice here. It seems heavily implied that Sensei was raping her while blacking out like he's done before.

This happened right after Maya revealed that he used to black out on her all of the time:
She also mentioned that Sensei tore her costume off, and put it in:
And was in a pinned down position, where as that doesn't really seem to make sense for Maya, if she was having any control of the situation.

Overall: I think Sensei blacked out, raped Maya, and since he is the one doing it instead of her, she is the one that was broken.
I just figured she was the one that baited him into having black out sex because she was tired of her situation.

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
I just figured she was the one that baited him into having black out sex because she was tired of her situation.
I definitely don't think that happened. Maya seemed content on never risking it like an event before. It seems like he just jumped her, and while we were in the house, he was actually raping her.

Reactions: rianzz

Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
If such a thing were to happen we can always remove the cheater check. There is nothing that he can code into the game that we cannot just edit and remove.
Very true, which is why i said 'caution' and not 'do not do this', i meant that if you do this be careful in the future cause there's a very good chance you'll need to do further editing at some point to cover your ass. He's liable to check it more than once actually, he did that big check in checker.rpy and newchecker.rpy so when we get our hands on the inevitable newnewchecker.rpy those of us who care to can figure out exactly what new edits are required for the folks who did your skip.

Reactions: kileos123

Angiboat

Jun 22, 2020
I definitely don't think that happened. Maya seemed content on never risking it like an event before. It seems like he just jumped her, and while we were in the house, he was actually raping her.
That's my point, she got tired of "not living" as according to what Sensei said after the beach events, she decided to actually do something enjoyable for once, as the non-moody Maya.

4.20 star(s) 295 Votes