butterfly boy

Feb 13, 2023
That's my point, she got tired of "not living" as according to what Sensei said after the beach events, she decided to actually do something enjoyable for once, as the non-moody Maya.
There's no way Maya, someone who has lived through thousands of years just to wait for the man she loves, decides to do something that could kill her just a few time loops after knowing Sensei is back.

JelF547

Mar 15, 2023
There's no way Maya, someone who has lived through thousands of years just to wait for the man she loves, decides to do something that could kill her just a few time loops after knowing Sensei is back.
There are some extraordinary circumstances

First of all Sensei told her he might not survive this reset beforehand. Maya calmed him down, but, you know, Maya. Also, Maya already tried to keep Sensei alive by sex in chapter 2, so it could be delibered sacrifice of her.

At the other hand, Maya also said she thought she would not survive reset (sorry, I am currently to sorrow to find proofs). She also linked that though to her haloween costume, so she might have been entirely sure it is her last chance.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: LoveBlueHairedGirl

butterfly boy

Feb 13, 2023
If the Maya reset was because of natural causes and not because the universe specifically wanted to fuck her, then she might be much safer than we think. Both Yumi and Tsuneyo showed signs of remembering past events even though they got resetted.
That's also assuming that "The Infinite Spring" doesn't decide to change the rule entirely.

JelF547

Mar 15, 2023
BTW, what are context clues of The Infinite Spring? I highly doubt it is Egor Letov reference, but it is only association I got

wamzzz

Sep 28, 2021
Might be interesting to some who don't know but the costume Maya is using belongs to March 7th. A girl who was found in a block of ice and doesn't have any memories of her past life. In a somewhat recent update, we found out that the "eldritch god of remembering and memories" was most likely responsible for locking her memories away.

Comiies

Aug 27, 2022
So started playing and i started TLing everything i see.But this one piece of dialogue is something i cant figure out.Its not at all like the previously encountered code sadly.Any hint?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

• Haha
Reactions: k1n5l4y3r

rightsaidfred

Nov 23, 2017
this game needs cliff notes, so i don't have to suffer through the moronic "puzzles" and the edge-lord bullshit Sel spews with reckless abandon.

worthlesspeon

Jun 10, 2017
Honestly I don't get what people are saying about stiff or uninspired writing this update. This might be my favorite update. The tension was palpable the whole way through.

I generally dislike Nadoka but
I dunno, this was one of the first updates where I ended up pausing part way through and just don't particularly feel like picking it back up. I can't even pinpoint why this particular update rather than the last several. Maybe I'm just finally burned out from the same old drivel every update.

Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
I'm sure Selebus has been laughing his ass off at some of the comments in the last few pages.
Whilst i wouldn't exactly put it past him... i'm gonna err on that not being the case unless shown otherwise. Selly fucking over his players with his puzzles, laughing his ass off at folks giving out malicious instructions in this thread or the whole DRM thing, yeah, that's all very believable and on brand. But, i think it'd be strange to be laughing at people feeling sad for a character he's made, that's like laughing at his own artistic ability, the fact he could craft a story and a character with enough power to emotionally affect the readers/players is a point of pride if anything, to laugh at us all for being affected by his story and his character just seems... self deprecating? Self sabotaging? Something like that. If he is laughing at us cause we're all dirty pirates here then that looks more like a case of cutting his nose off to spite his face.

Riolol

Jan 14, 2021
I just wanted to say this update with it's single event chain being followed by a really annoying "puzzle" just goes to highlight (to me at least) how this game would work so much better as a kinetic novel. Grinding for affection points and the reset puzzles add nothing to the story. None of the "gameplay" in this game is in any way fun, it just slows you down. I hope that fan remake is still in the works and fixes some of this.

blackredfish

Feb 10, 2018
the fact he could craft a story and a character with enough power to emotionally affect the readers/players is a point of pride if anything, to laugh at us all for being affected by his story and his character just seems... self deprecating? Self sabotaging?
Not exactly what I was implying, I also believe he's proud of achieving that. I was referring more to comments like "he's an asshole and a bad writer I won't play this game anymore" etc. He has a history of self sabotaging, though.

Anyway I was mostly remembering something that happened when Molly got raped:

BlackDays

Jan 30, 2021
As sad as Maya's reset was, I feel like this is good for Akira overall. Now he has a tangible goal other than pain avoidance. He'll certainly sulk for the next few updates, but maybe he'll start paying attention and actually ask questions about the mystery.

Overall: I think Sensei blacked out, raped Maya, and since he is the one doing it instead of her, she is the one that was broken.

Now let's see what he has in store and how he deals with this new scenario. Which Maya are we going to get? OG pre reset Maya? Will she believe she is in a secret relationship with Sensei or that part of her memories will get rewritten? Or is going to be a whole new Maya that is not her at all? (plz no). Curious to see how the rest of the class get their memories rewritten to adapt to her, especially Noriko.

Last edited:

Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
Not exactly what I was implying, I also believe he's proud of achieving that. I was referring more to comments like "he's an asshole and a bad writer I won't play this game anymore" etc. He has a history of self sabotaging, though.

Anyway I was mostly remembering something that happened when Molly got raped:
Hmmm... i see what your saying though that comment of his reads more like an artist enjoying their art affecting the viewer as intended, visceral and deep cutting far more than 'hahaha loser, i am so happy to have fucked with you'. What self involved artist doesn't want their work to have as strong an impact as possible on the minds of their viewers?

If we disagree beyond this i am just gonna drop it though, i feel like i'm sucking his dick even though i'm just trying to point out he's probably your typical artist and glad to be having such an impact rather than finding it funny.

hcguy

Aug 29, 2019
Hmmm... i see what your saying though that comment of his reads more like an artist enjoying their art affecting the viewer as intended, visceral and deep cutting far more than 'hahaha loser, i am so happy to have fucked with you'. What self involved artist doesn't want their work to have as strong an impact as possible on the minds of their viewers?

If we disagree beyond this i am just gonna drop it though, i feel like i'm sucking his dick even though i'm just trying to point out he's probably your typical artist and glad to be having such an impact rather than finding it funny.
100% agree with this. An artist (and this is art) wants people to have an emotional response to their art. I think people here need to maybe ease off on their hate boners for Selebus sometimes. It's like people think they're naive if they don't assign the worst possible motive to his actions. I get why people don't like him but he's not Satan.

blackredfish

Feb 10, 2018
that comment of his reads more like an artist enjoying their art affecting the viewer as intended, visceral and deep cutting far more than 'hahaha loser, i am so happy to have fucked with you'
Yup, pretty much what I was thinking, probably didn't explain myself clearly.

4.20 star(s) 295 Votes