Vizer007

Oct 15, 2019
That is interesting, personally the whole Ayane Chu thing that was changed in the Rework, sounds like it would have been something that could make me lose faith in the game. Same with the Ayane blowing Sensei under the desk stuff.

I also wonder if the reason people like Yumi so much is due to the pre rework. I kind of found her annoying, but frankly, she's a little too close to home for my tastes, so I'm probably a little biased.
The atmosphere is wastly different. If I started this game with the current opening, I would've still played it, but would be less interested since it outright says you that something is wrong and the question is what exactly is wrong, on the other hand, before the rework, it was more of a "is there something even wrong? I bet there is, but I am not sure...".
After rework it's something akin to knowing there IS a jumpscare and before rework it was just wondering and expecting if there was even a jumpscare or maybe it's all just inside your head. But there is a jumpscare. And quite fucked up one.

cichol

Jul 31, 2021
The atmosphere is wastly different. If I started this game with the current opening, I would've still played it, but would be less interested since it outright says you that something is wrong and the question is what exactly is wrong, on the other hand, before the rework, it was more of a "is there something even wrong? I bet there is, but I am not sure...".
After rework it's something akin to knowing there IS a jumpscare and before rework it was just wondering and expecting if there was even a jumpscare or maybe it's all just inside your head. But there is a jumpscare. And quite fucked up one.
Back then, most peoples scare was the room with clocks. It would sneak up on people trying to grind affection points. Page 22 has a few reactions from people who missed the horror tag.

Unseenatlas

Jan 23, 2021
Back then, most peoples scare was the room with clocks. It would sneak up on people trying to grind affection points. Page 22 has a few reactions from people who missed the horror tag.
Honestly the first time playing it(before ch2 was out) I missed that tag and was in for a wakening. But I recently played another game that is actually very similar to this(shorter story though, I think lil is the biggest vn to date using koikatsu) and it also had the horror aspect just not as good as this one.

cichol

Jul 31, 2021
Honestly the first time playing it(before ch2 was out) I missed that tag and was in for a wakening. But I recently played another game that is actually very similar to this(shorter story though, I think lil is the biggest vn to date using koikatsu) and it also had the horror aspect just not as good as this one.
I love seeing all the Koikatsu horror harem games. I haven't played much of them since I hate getting invested then the game gets abandoned.

RIP Master Rune, my favorite LiL inspired game. One of the few games along with LiL and Eternum that I don't skip text for. I hope the dev makes a come back.

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
I'm definitely glad I got into it after the Rework then. I probably would have gotten bored and dropped it, before even getting to the first Happy Event, which also was apparently reworked with USER2, Sekai/Teacher, Long Maya, and The Shapeshifter added to it.

Honestly, I may have even actually done that and forgot all about it.

Frankly, the original Room with Clocks:
Even seems a little silly compared to the Reworked one:
I'd probably chuckle at Sensei finding HM02, tbh.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Riolol

joryuken

Sep 19, 2018
"I've been playing for 2 hours skipping every text and the first sex scene isn't animated."
"why can't I rename sensei? 0/10 game"
"Is there any pregnancy?"

Some of the most common response I've seen from a new player. I'm so glad chapter 3 started the theories speculations.
Using the universal renpy mod to replace the name of akira and sensei to one of my choosing helped me with this last update as now I feel like they are talking about akira using a name I chose,it was glorious and also it helped me figure out the puzzles without having to use a tool that reads the save file and hunt the darn event with the exact line, I am not playing lil without this shit any longer

Riolol

Jan 14, 2021
I'm definitely glad I got into it after the Rework then. I probably would have gotten bored and dropped it, before even getting to the first Happy Event, which also was apparently reworked with USER2, Sekai/Teacher, Long Maya, and The Shapeshifter added to it.

Honestly, I may have even actually done that and forgot all about it.

Frankly, the original Room with Clocks:
Even seems a little silly compared to the Reworked one:
I'd probably chuckle at Sensei finding HM02, tbh.
It seems we got into it at the respectively right times. If you had been a bit sooner or I had been a bit later we might have never got so invested.

cichol

Jul 31, 2021
Using the universal renpy mod to replace the name of akira and sensei to one of my choosing helped me with this last update as now I feel like they are talking about akira using a name I chose,it was glorious and also it helped me figure out the puzzles without having to use a tool that reads the save file and hunt the darn event with the exact line, I am not playing lil without this shit any longer
Yea, I don't understand why people enjoy renaming. I usually go with the default name or a name of a video game character if there is no default. I don't remember which game but I named a character Arthur Morgan because there was no default name and I was playing RDR2 at the time.

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
It seems we got into it at the respectively right times. If you had been a bit sooner or I had been a bit later we might have never got so invested.
Yeah, you're probably right. I do think I get why people were so shocked by the pre rework now, though.

It apparently had Futaba falling on her Ass:
In one event, and the Room with Clocks Happy Event, both in the first update. It's like a rom com suddenly becoming horror for a second.

Reworked had Ami and her 500 fingers giving Sensei a handjob in the first Event Chain:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I was kind of ready for whatever afterwards.

Not sure if that's also in the pre rework stuff, though.

Reactions: Riolol

Unseenatlas

Jan 23, 2021
I love seeing all the Koikatsu horror harem games. I haven't played much of them since I hate getting invested then the game gets abandoned.

RIP Master Rune, my favorite LiL inspired game. One of the few games along with LiL and Eternum that I don't skip text for. I hope the dev makes a come back.
Yeah, right now another good one would be lost in you. It's short compared to this but still a good game none the less.

crustlord12

Jun 24, 2020

Dissonance has a shot at becoming something pretty dang good, but it's progressing reeeeal slowly and there's a lot of unnecessary dialogue. A commenter wrote that if you consider all the time you spend with individual characters, you've barely passed much time altogether. I'm still holding out hope, though. Still solid potential.

Perniciousducks

Aug 21, 2018
Dissonance has a shot at becoming something pretty dang good, but it's progressing reeeeal slowly and there's a lot of unnecessary dialogue. A commenter wrote that if you consider all the time you spend with individual characters, you've barely passed much time altogether. I'm still holding out hope, though. Still solid potential.
if you’re holding unnecessary dialogue against a game… this game is the Vatican of unnecessary dialogue

4.20 star(s) 296 Votes