fdsasdf_p

Apr 24, 2021
You know, i'm still kinda bummed out we didn't get this as a reveal:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
IIRC Sana's dick is much bigger than Sensei's, please revise and resubmit. LAMO

Also, I suddenly remember Ami at some point saying even Sana's boobs are bigger than hers. I feel bad for Ami if Sana actually turns out to be a dude.

Vizer007

Oct 15, 2019
Dissonance has a shot at becoming something pretty dang good, but it's progressing reeeeal slowly and there's a lot of unnecessary dialogue. A commenter wrote that if you consider all the time you spend with individual characters, you've barely passed much time altogether. I'm still holding out hope, though. Still solid potential.
Yep, Dissonance real good and have tremendous potential, but, for whatever reason, can't get traction.
I mean, heck, by version 0.8 it have only 7 pages in comment replyes...Maybe we should add it in our signatures. Yep, I will do that now.

Vizer007

Oct 15, 2019
Compared to Dissonance this game has zero unnecessary dialogues. Trust me

Also, I am starting to love Dissonance. Word consumption, you know
Yeah, no unnecessary dialogs. But a whole lot of unnecessary monologues. Lessons in love is the reason I skip them in most games now and have to consciously stop myself! And damn that habit dies hard...

Drew Anderson

Dec 1, 2017
Yeah, no unnecessary dialogs. But a whole lot of unnecessary monologues. Lessons in love is the reason I skip them in most games now and have to consciously stop myself! And damn that habit dies hard...
:ROFLMAO: I feel seen. I used to never skip unseen text until I hit the monologues in this game. Now I get bored with unnecessary exposition and "thought bubbles" in other games so easily and get skip happy.

Reactions: Vizer007

chronox42

May 1, 2020
I saw someone mention a desire for Sensei to be less depressed and more directly involved in his own life, trying to figure out what's really going on. I agree; here is an example of the Akira I want to see.

bads.png
From "I Will Deliver You to the Fireflies"

I am certain this is some manifestation of Akira, considering his note of his "dramatically impressive cock", his theme playing, and the camera pointing directly into his eye for most of the speech.

This marks the high point of his character so far, in my view. The monologue is lucid and determined in a way we've never seen him. But it's transient and seems to be directed at an unknown other. Is this a past, future, or suppressed version of Akira? Does he exist outside the loops? Is a less broken version of himself trapped in his own mind?

If anyone recalls any other instances where (an?) Akira expressed similar emotions, it would be great to see them. Something I've dearly hoped for since Reset 5 is that Akira's journey of self-realization will see him become a high-agency protagonist willing to directly challenge the gods of this world and entities beyond.

An Akira who comes out of these decades of trauma feeling like this diatribe sounds, able to fight demons and gods for what he loves, would be a character worth rooting for. Maybe he's "no protagonist" because he hasn't earned it yet. Maybe the dark route will not be dark for his mind, but dark for the world when he finally takes action.

I doubt we'll see much development in this area for a long time, though it looks to me like there's some evidence here for it. I, for one, would appreciate little more than to eventually see Akira become self-possessed and worthy.

Unseenatlas

Jan 23, 2021
I saw someone mention a desire for Sensei to be less depressed and more directly involved in his own life, trying to figure out what's really going on. I agree; here is an example of the Akira I want to see.

View attachment 3281753

I am certain this is some manifestation of Akira, considering his note of his "dramatically impressive cock", his theme playing, and the camera pointing directly into his eye for most of the speech.

This marks the high point of his character so far, in my view. The monologue is lucid and determined in a way we've never seen him. But it's transient and seems to be directed at an unknown other. Is this a past, future, or suppressed version of Akira? Does he exist outside the loops? Is a less broken version of himself trapped in his own mind?

If anyone recalls any other instances where (an?) Akira expressed similar emotions, it would be great to see them. Something I've dearly hoped for since Reset 5 is that Akira's journey of self-realization will see him become a high-agency protagonist willing to directly challenge the gods of this world and entities beyond.

An Akira who comes out of these decades of trauma feeling like this diatribe sounds, able to fight demons and gods for what he loves, would be a character worth rooting for. Maybe he's "no protagonist" because he hasn't earned it yet. Maybe the dark route will not be dark for his mind, but dark for the world when he finally takes action.

I doubt we'll see much development in this area for a long time, though it looks to me like there's some evidence here for it. I, for one, would appreciate little more than to eventually see Akira become self-possessed and worthy.
Hate to break it to ya, but from the last couple of pages, it sounds like ch4 is gonna be fucked up.(in a depressing way not a bad way). After that it should be a lot better. Don't know exactly how many chapters we got to go, seeing as we are reaching ch4 and are only at v0.36, but if I had to guess it's gonna be a lot more then 6(unless more then one new person makes it to the rooftop. I have a feeling that it will be more then one roommate per dorm, seeing how sana has been acting with ad Infinium.)

Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
Well, those of you talking about it have probably already seen my most recent comment in the Dissonance thread. I really do see potential in the game, once it finally gets passed this slow as fuck pre-relationships phase, once a bunch of the girls are doing things with Toru and the dev starts working some real interaction between them and each other i can see each update being hotly anticipated... but right now it just feels so god damn slow, every conversation and interaction feels like all participants are being very VERY careful not to step even a single inch further than they know is safe, even when it's fucking obvious what's going on. I keep waiting for the next update to finally start the real game but then it ends yet again and i'm like... 'not this one i guess'. It's not bad, but it's not good either.

Apollo259

Sep 27, 2020
Am I the only one that likes reading the majority of the mad monologues? Their mostly meandering makeup masquerading a maniacal malfeasance matching the melancholic malcontent of our mostly mad misanthropic main character.

(I'm sorry. Maybe it is best to not read the monologues if this is what they did to me.)

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019

View attachment 3281753

This actually occurs after Sekai shows up and reveals his name for the first time, in the Event prior 'Smells of Summer':

This more confident Sensei seems to be somewhat his predatory side coming out due to Sekai's influence:

It isn't until he sees Maya, that he seems to calm down:

I'm not sure if we'll see a Sensei actually doing more than talking tough, but if Sensei submits to Sekai:
Then we might be seeing a more driven Sensei.

I don't think Sensei will be able to get there on his own. This is the same guy who needed a seven year old to take care of him in his 20s:
There's a reason Sekai thinks he's helpless without his red heads:

Last edited:

fdsasdf_p

Apr 24, 2021
You can probably still find a pre v0.24.0 version on subscribe star if you want to play pre rework chapter 1.

I started right around the time it got reworked. But I don't remember anymore what pre rework events I played. I think I started on one of the v0.23 parts But then I saw that it got reworked and I updated partway through. It's hard to tell now though because a lot of the events are in the same locations and have a similar basic structure.
Much appreciated; finally have a chance to do proper comparisons and correct plenty of my own misremembering.

For people's convenience, the link from his subscribestar is here (v0.23.0 part2) if anyone wants to check it out

--------
Despite my preferences, I can now get by the decision of revamping Am I Awake and The Room With Clocks, knowing he’s trying to transition (or reveal the true color of) this work from FAP material to great WTF material. For me the originals still pack more punch, but yea what we have now is fine.

Putting the story pacing or his vision for LiL aside, the most noticeable and appreciated improvement I'd say is his camera movement in rendering scenes. Looking back at these pre-reworked stuff, plenty of events look like talking to action figures, or watching 3 WoW players chatting from a sizable distance, really doesn't feel as engaging or involved as what we have now.

cichol

Jul 31, 2021
Well, those of you talking about it have probably already seen my most recent comment in the Dissonance thread. I really do see potential in the game, once it finally gets passed this slow as fuck pre-relationships phase, once a bunch of the girls are doing things with Toru and the dev starts working some real interaction between them and each other i can see each update being hotly anticipated... but right now it just feels so god damn slow, every conversation and interaction feels like all participants are being very VERY careful not to step even a single inch further than they know is safe, even when it's fucking obvious what's going on. I keep waiting for the next update to finally start the real game but then it ends yet again and i'm like... 'not this one i guess'. It's not bad, but it's not good either.
I'm just waiting until I see the vaginal sex tag so I can start investing my time in it. I wish more devs would give us the whole outline to their story if they are going to abandon it.

Angra Shadow

Jun 6, 2023
Am I the only one that likes reading the majority of the mad monologues? Their mostly meandering makeup masquerading a maniacal malfeasance matching the melancholic malcontent of our mostly mad misanthropic main character.

(I'm sorry. Maybe it is best to not read the monologues if this is what they did to me.)
I like them in concept, the idea that Akira is so out of touch with his emotions that he, like the writer he is, would rather go on a whole pretentious monologue to describe them than just be honest with himself. The problem is that it gets really frustrating to read them so often and about the most mundane moments/interactions, if they were more rare I wouldn't have had an issue.

Pedro4545454

Nov 23, 2023

I also like it, strangely it is very satisfying for me to read these monologues.

Well, I've already accepted that I have problems, so reading this and making things a little worse can't do much harm, right?.........right?

Mad Hatter

Nov 17, 2017
I also enjoy the monologues. It's fun looking into a mind breaking down or short-circuiting. The incoherent jumps in thought as anxiety causes the mind to race. Or the spiral of increasingly nonsensical ramblings of a man terrified of what thoughts come in the silence to ever let his inner voice stop speaking.

4.20 star(s) 296 Votes