Unseenatlas

Jan 23, 2021
If you look at this image, you will see that Akira is very mentally healthy.

What would be the chance of Sekai being able to get Akira to leave the house because she is with him on the cover of the update?
Id be willing to bet that he sees some illusions of her but altered by one of the three gods. Basically either hope, wires or Pareidolia will be making him see her and using her to treat him in his mind by altering his past bit by bit but keeping certain things the same. After Ami goes to school one of the days to grab her homework and has to sit in class for once in her life, that's when Sensei, who finally broke free walks in. I don't think he will be in good health for a while though. Most likely he will be mostly broken seeing as Maya is censored now.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: LuisD

Pedro4545454

Nov 23, 2023
I just always laugh at the thought of how I would ever recommend this game, and now there is a new scenario with getting a question like "WTF with the main menu wallpaper?" and I would have no way to answer that without sounding like a lunatic xD
And that's why LIL is a game that someone has to discover and want to play because there's literally no way to recommend it without people thinking you have problems :)

Duskreyn

Mar 11, 2022

the new menu looks wack

The cover leaves me thinking more about the symbolism with the insects and associates in Lil, since there is also the symbolism with flowers for each girl and birds.:unsure:
Since there are spiders, although they are not insects, they eat them, and they are associated with several girls in the story, there are also termites in happy event, worms and tapeworms in other parts ((reminds me of the theory of how tapeworm and bucket of a happy event related to Hope, and Moyo)),
there are also the flatworm guineas in that way, which are the ones associated with the Rin's wounds on her arms
Cockroaches in a lot of happy events, and here he comes back and they come out almost in an army
and also butterflies as accessories on several girls, Sekai, Imani, Ami
Then there are the fireflies used in some romantic or emotional moments of the game like Maya's, final beach event
There may be a little more but that's what comes to mind the most.
but the praying mantis is new if my memory serves, and they are those where after having sex to procreate, the female eats the male, which is not random, and seeing Sekai in parts of other places, with that the first thing What would come to my mind would be maybe a new happy event, or the last Main Events come loaded with internal struggles and symbolism of his trauma in Akira's mind.

((and by the way the female Mantis is by quantities of size several times larger than the Male, which reinforces in other words the Groomin abuse of Sekai Female Praying Mantis towards Male Praying Mantis Akira))

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
The cover leaves me thinking more about the symbolism with the insects and associates in Lil, since there is also the symbolism with flowers for each girl and birds.:unsure:
Since there are spiders, although they are not insects, they eat them, and they are associated with several girls in the story, there are also termites in happy event, worms and tapeworms in other parts ((reminds me of the theory of how tapeworm and bucket of a happy event related to Hope, and Moyo)),
there are also the flatworm guineas in that way, which are the ones associated with the Rin's wounds on her arms
Cockroaches in a lot of happy events, and here he comes back and they come out almost in an army
Then there are the fireflies used in some romantic or emotional moments of the game like Maya's, final beach event
but the praying mantis is new if my memory serves, and they are those where after having sex to procreate, the female eats the male, which is not random, and seeing Sekai in parts of other places, with that the first thing What would come to my mind would be maybe a new happy event, or the last Main Events come loaded with internal struggles and symbolism of his trauma in Akira's mind.

((and by the way the female Mantis is by quantities of size several times larger than the Male, which reinforces in other words the Groomin abuse of Sekai Female Praying Mantis towards Male Praying Mantis Akira))
Pareidolia actually seems to be related to Spiders, and Frogs, which are known for eating insects. Makes me wonder if there's something there.

That Giant Frog at the center of the Pareidolia Mall still sounds ominous to me:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Duskreyn

Mar 11, 2022
Pareidolia actually seems to be related to Spiders, and Frogs, which are known for eating insects. Makes me wonder if there's something there.

That Giant Frog at the center of the Pareidolia Mall still sounds ominous to me:
If this frog really has relevance, as it should, I suspect that... Spitting an EGG, should be connected to Maya in several ways both by happy events, and by her events from her date from chapter 2 of the fireworks when reality it began to alter/distort.
Both Clocks and Eggs are something that has an impact from time to time.
Besides, these interferences in Akira/Maya's relationship with the eggs make some sense and if this pareidollia's pet produces eggs just by spitting them out. mmmh it will be something. even more so when this God/Entity does not seem to like/love her very much.
I was doubtful, but quickly revisiting Remember to Smile, the scene where Maya disappears, at that very moment it's an Egg breaking sound.

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: DeSkel15

JelF547

Mar 15, 2023

BTW, what about spiders?

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
If this frog really has relevance, as it should, I suspect that... Spitting an EGG, should be connected to Maya in several ways both by happy events, and by her events from her date from chapter 2 of the fireworks when reality it began to alter/distort.
Both Clocks and Eggs are something that has an impact from time to time.
Besides, these interferences in Akira/Maya's relationship with the eggs make some sense and if this pareidollia's pet produces eggs just by spitting them out. mmmh it will be something. even more so when this God/Entity does not seem to like/love her very much.
I was doubtful, but quickly revisiting Remember to Smile, the scene where Maya disappears, at that very moment it's an Egg breaking sound.
BTW, what about spiders?
To sum up my reasoning for Pareidolia's relation to Frogs and Spiders:

If you go back to Reset 4 in the 'A Life of Prizes' Main Event in Chapter 2, you'll find a book that corresponds to each god and each C word based off a survey you would have taken in the 'A Spotless Mind' Chapter 2 Main Event.

This book changes, depending on which C you choose, from Callous to Calm to Concerned in this order which leads to these books:
This seems to be where Pareidolia's "The Dark" title was revealed, and is probably why last update, it's talking about beautiful things emerging from the dark:
(It's referring to itself apparently, and Sensei probably doesn't fully understand that)

Anyway, in Book 9: The Dark, Pareidolia talks to you, but before that, Sensei describes the book in a way that presumably describes the god:
With The Dark's book specifically referencing a spider, it might make something else seem impossible to ignore.

Kaori is both The Mistress of The Dark and The Queen of Spiders:
The correlation here seems a little uncanny.

Not to mention, Pareidolia's aka The Concerned's weakness and haphazardness implied by Book 9: The Dark, also fits Kaori, as she has a weak spot and a seemingly messed up mind and body that doesn't seem entirely hers or functional.

Anyway, now besides the Giant Frog at the Pareidolia Mall, Pareidolia actually called Maya a tadpole being eaten by it's mother frog in last updates 'On the Count of Three' Chapter 4 Main Event:
Which definitely leads credence to Maya being related to an Egg from a Frog, since Pareidolia implies she kind of was a tadpole at least.

The Giant Frog, and this strange metaphor(?) about a Mother Frog aside, at the end of Last Update in the 'Miserably Ever After' Chapter 4 Main Event, we have Kaori, who seems related to Pareidolia, giving Nao-chan a Frog as a Christmas present:

Taking into account the Kaori/Pareidolia stuff prior, then this small frog given to Nao-chan, may not actually be as random as it would seem.

Overall: This is why I say it seems Spiders and Frogs are related to Pareidolia.

Last edited:

crustlord12

Jun 24, 2020
And that's why LIL is a game that someone has to discover and want to play because there's literally no way to recommend it without people thinking you have problems :)
Sometimes I have to justify this game to myself. As in, I feel shitty about playing this game sometimes, in a Lolita sense. I feel like my social life could be destroyed if it came out I played this game.
Spider snip.
Sometimes I wonder if Sel loves you or hates you, because you really do seem to pick up exactly what he's trying to say, and he sometimes hated when people predicted what he was trying to do. I wish you were around during the days when he frequented this place.
0.35 start/0.36 start
You are a much kinder person than I am.

Newbies: Lurk moar. Read the fucking manual, use the fucking search. RTFM, UTFS.

Wardtnaci

Jun 12, 2022
Last edited:

fdsasdf_p

Apr 24, 2021

Without diving too much into what these insects could imply, large uses of various types of insects for symbolisms might come from Sekai's love for insects that managed to make a lasting effect on Akira's psyche, making him (or this world made for him) subconsciously associating different insects with different emotions and themes despite lacking personal fondness for these creatures.
1706504464060.png
1706505432964.png

dathk321

Sep 5, 2021
I was careless and the DRM stuff wrecked all my saves.

I would really appreciate a pre 0.36 save. (good/bad uncle, idc)

(And if nobody has that then post 0.36 will also do.)

Thanks in advance!
I have a better idea, let's just play again one more time.

4.20 star(s) 295 Votes