AzureVolt

Jul 3, 2017
Ig we’re all playing Persona, huh? :LOL: Beat P3R last night after binging it and waiting for the next LiL update. Phenomenal remake to an already compelling game.

Going back to Persona 5 Royal now.
Had to play P3R to complete the set, we don't talk about P1 or P2. I was going to wait for a sale, but couldn't help myself, I really do enjoy unique stories and it's a fun experience going through it.

Antosha

Feb 28, 2018
Deskel with the constant ability to quote things that will drive us insane the more we think about it.

Off topic and responding to Bingoboi way back maybe 'Out of Touch' will do something for you, it's a neat blend of fuckery and funny without a lot of sandbox crap but being wildly different from the LiL themes. Lasts a solid 12-18 hours at this point.
Strongly seconded. Some really interesting metaphysical horror mixed with plemty of sweet/fun harem romance. (Though the sexy bits take a while.)

it has a completely different vibe, for all that both games involve Japanese high-schoolers caught up in wild, sometimes scary karmic weirdness. (No sexually predatory adults, though — unless you count some… Well, don’t want to spoil it. )

And even though the art seems to be KK based, it looks nothing like LiL.

Axismundi

Jul 14, 2018
Strongly seconded. Some really interesting metaphysical horror mixed with plemty of sweet/fun harem romance. (Though the sexy bits take a while.)

it has a completely different vibe, for all that both games involve Japanese high-schoolers caught up in wild, sometimes scary karmic weirdness. (No sexually predatory adults, though — unless you count some… Well, don’t want to spoil it. )

And even though the art seems to be KK based, it looks nothing like LiL.
I recently tried Out of Touch, and it was a real hit or miss. The jokes will either solidly land or make you question why you are wasting your time with this game. I personally dropped it, but I'd at least recommend people give it a try.

Back to Lil, how do yall think the Nikki/Otoha thing will resolve? I don't think it'll end with just another Nikki rejection (though another one is definitely coming). Technically, Nikki inadvertently put Otoha on the path to break up with Rin, and I wonder if she'll face any repercussions from that. I can see Otoha getting more frustrated with Nikki and eventually blowing up and then ditching her.

Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
I recently tried Out of Touch, and it was a real hit or miss. The jokes will either solidly land or make you question why you are wasting your time with this game. I personally dropped it, but I'd at least recommend people give it a try.

Back to Lil, how do yall think the Nikki/Otoha thing will resolve? I don't think it'll end with just another Nikki rejection (though another one is definitely coming). Technically, Nikki inadvertently put Otoha on the path to break up with Rin, and I wonder if she'll face any repercussions from that. I can see Otoha getting more frustrated with Nikki and eventually blowing up and then ditching her.
I don't see Otoha getting anywhere by herself and she's smart enough to know that, i 100% expect her to try and get an in via Akira, which would fit her character and make for good content.

Vizer007

Oct 15, 2019

I'm with Bingoogus on this, there is bound to be a scene where Nikki go full sexy mode on sensei, and Otoha, even though told to go out, will just sit and watch, just like Rin did. Then, later, will try to "get on the same wavelength" as Nikki by riding sensei later while secretly filming it to use as evidence/blackmail material later, and ultimately use this as a weapon to persuade sensei into making it at least a threesome with Nikki later.

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019

I see Niki giving up on Otoha, before Otoha commits career suicide by wasting the luxury of being trained by an Idol, tbh. Otoha is lucky enough that Niki didn't forsake her for forcing herself onto her.

If I were to guess, Otoha will probably just be Niki's simp until she finds an opportunity to get lucky. Probably using Sensei and maybe Maya to increase her chances of getting that opportunity.

Edit: Kind of expecting more of this:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
And hoping for more of this:

Last edited:

ratmanirl

Nov 25, 2022

I think Nikki made her rejection quite clear, she's not interested at all and that she wouldn't even have time to take care of more people than Sensei. Most of Nikki's characterization has been tied with Sensei and I don't think that will change in the future, so my best guess is that Otoha will follow the path of Molly and develop deeper with Sensei? If she does gets with Sensei though, I fear for Rin's mental sanity...

Unrelated, I listened to the actual lyrics of "Hallelujah" track and it's cool how well the lyrics fit the game in some ways.

Well, baby, I've been here before / I've seen this room and I've walked this floor
You know, I used to live alone before I knew ya / I've seen your flag on the marble arch
Love is not a victory march / It's a cold and it's a broken Hallelujah

Antosha

Feb 28, 2018
Unrelated, I listened to the actual lyrics of "Hallelujah" track and it's cool how well the lyrics fit the game in some ways.

Well, baby, I've been here before / I've seen this room and I've walked this floor
You know, I used to live alone before I knew ya / I've seen your flag on the marble arch
That is a truly great song. Leonard Cohen, man...

As a longtime bad guitar player, I love that he tells you the chord progression in the lyrics.

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
I think Nikki made her rejection quite clear, she's not interested at all and that she wouldn't even have time to take care of more people than Sensei. Most of Nikki's characterization has been tied with Sensei and I don't think that will change in the future, so my best guess is that Otoha will follow the path of Molly and develop deeper with Sensei? If she does gets with Sensei though, I fear for Rin's mental sanity...

'Hallelujah' does kind of remind me of this game. (In differing ways depending on the version) At one point It's almost like it's talking about Sensei, and his relationship with Maya.

It even mentions a roof:

"Your faith was strong but you needed proof
You saw her bathing on the roof
Her beauty and the moonlight overthrew ya
She tied you to a kitchen chair
She broke your throne, and she cut your hair
And from your lips she drew the Hallelujah"​

In other words: Sensei fell for Maya, completely.

Albeit, it's really referring to Samson, and how, his love, Delilah, convinced him to reveal how to get rid of his god given strength, then removed it (by cutting his hair) and allowed him to be blinded and captured, for money.

Not to mention that "Hallelujah" and "Praise be" are virtually the same thing. I kind of want a Lessons in Love cover of this song now.

Last edited:
Reactions: rianzz and Duskreyn

Dioo8

Feb 23, 2023
I have a few that I'd like to see:
  1. Sensei gets replaced by his more favored children who become the next Collector(s), and the cycle continues with new girls, as the current more popular and devoted ones get relegated/rewritten into side characters. The rest might end up in similar circumstances like Amy's.
  2. This world just gets erased because it's a mistake like Nodoka seems to think it is:
    And maybe some LiL girls get folded into new characters for the next MC.
  3. Considering that Sel is going to remake 'Nothing is Beautiful', Yuu might just wake up from this Delusion called 'Lessons in Love', realizing Sensei and all the alliterated named characters were figments of his imagination, with Miu trying to wake him up this whole time, hence her appearance in the 'Rain King' Happy Event.
Overall: I'm going to be a little disappointed if Sensei just commits mental suicide in the true end, and wakes up in front of Ami in class thinking that he reincarnated into a new body.
spkening of (Rian King ). I think the Alian and the space war will be Relevant to the story. I think earth loss and we're in the matrix basically

derekthered56

May 30, 2018
Mentioning taking care of Sensei as a reason against a relationship was a terrible idea on Niki's part. It leaves open the possibility that Niki and Akira might split up, or that he could convince Niki he'd be okay with her seeing other women. This still means Otoha will get closer to Akira, but it will be more meddlesome.
I'm with Bingoogus on this, there is bound to be a scene where Nikki go full sexy mode on sensei, and Otoha, even though told to go out, will just sit and watch, just like Rin did. Then, later, will try to "get on the same wavelength" as Nikki by riding sensei later while secretly filming it to use as evidence/blackmail material later, and ultimately use this as a weapon to persuade sensei into making it at least a threesome with Nikki later.
Does Otoha really need more blackmail material? I'm not even sure Akira would be against having another threesome.

Duskreyn

Mar 11, 2022
'Hallelujah' does kind of remind me of this game. (In differing ways depending on the version) At one point It's almost like it's talking about Sensei, and his relationship with Maya.

It even mentions a roof:

"Your faith was strong but you needed proof
You saw her bathing on the roof
Her beauty and the moonlight overthrew ya
She tied you to a kitchen chair
She broke your throne, and she cut your hair
And from your lips she drew the Hallelujah"​

In other words: Sensei fell for Maya, completely.

Albeit, it's really referring to Samson, and how, his love, Delilah, convinced him to reveal how to get rid of his god given strength, then removed it (by cutting his hair) and allowed him to be blinded and captured, for money.

Not to mention that "Hallelujah" and "Praise be" are virtually the same thing. I kind of want a Lessons in Love cover of this song now.
I have always seen Hallelujah as very intentional in its purpose in this game, and yes, it plays a lot in the past/present/future of Maya/Akira, that is the name of one of Maya's events too, and also related to the game as a whole . then its third main verse hits harder.

♫Well, maybe there's a God above
As for me all I've ever learned from love
Is how to shoot someone who outdrew you
But it's not a crime that you're hearing tonight♫

Knowing the whole general theme of ''Gods'' in this game and I don't need to say what the game is called, in the odyssey of what Sensei learns to love, then his comparison to what he feels, and how he called a crime. It could well indicate a couple more things.
So I consider this stranza in general as a strong reason, which is why this song was chosen.

Last edited:

Vizer007

Oct 15, 2019
Already in my toppest folder of followed games :)

Edit: here's my current list of saved games:
It's not exactly ordered but it's 5 columns from A to E in terms of roughly how psyched i am for an update.
I don't see Eternum in the left column here, fix that ASAP! Especially considering we have pretty similar taste)
Maybe try Once in a Lifetime too)
p.s. Eternum is somewhat similar to LiL in the "better start early" department, since brooding over "what will happen next" is also a part of the fun)

Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
I don't see Eternum in the left column here, fix that ASAP! Especially considering we have pretty similar taste)
Maybe try Once in a Lifetime too)
p.s. Eternum is somewhat similar to LiL in the "better start early" department, since brooding over "what will happen next" is also a part of the fun)
I played Eternum before the most recent update but when the update came out i was so lost as to what had happened and who was who/what/where that i threw it in the bin and wiped the persistent folder, the game is good, i decided i'll come back to it once it completes so my shitty memory doesn't get in the way. Already played all through Oial, before Eternum, loved it.

Antosha

Feb 28, 2018
I played Eternum before the most recent update but when the update came out i was so lost as to what had happened and who was who/what/where that i threw it in the bin and wiped the persistent folder, the game is good, i decided i'll come back to it once it completes so my shitty memory doesn't get in the way. Already played all through Oial, before Eternum, loved it.
Yeah, Once in a Lifetime (Talking Heads, anyone?) was indeed a fun game. Eternum is much better constructed both as a story and as a game, though, and the art is on another level -- OIAL features pretty standard Honey Select visuals (so it took me a long time to realize for example that the game was supposed to be taking place not in Asia but in Europe).

But yeah - a lot going on there (though not quite as much as OOT or LiL). So I get your point.

ETA: Oh, and, since you and I have a lot of similar tastes... Something Better?

Last edited:

Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
ETA: Oh, and, since you and I have a lot of similar tastes... Something Better?
Ha, i wrote the following spoiler first cause i got mixed up with 'A Better Place'. As for Something Better, i tried it, the gross dirty-dick bj scene really killed my interest and when a new update came out i just didn't feel it anymore, i didn't care about the characters or what happened to them.
Err, it's on my list so instead of suggesting it i guess you're asking about it? It has a great story and very solid characterization, i love it, downside is updates are far between. It deals with trauma and each girl has a complex back story, the pay off for developing each relationship feels quite rewarding.

Reactions: crustlord12

Ern The Skáld

Game Developer
Jan 24, 2023
Hello everyone, been busy with work, hence my absence not that anyone actually missed me, but I missed you guys.

Since we started talking music that relates to LiL, I've recently caught myself listening pretty closely to Vermilion by Slipknot. It did remind me a lot about Akira and Maya:

Her being trapped in a cycle of seeing him fail and die:

She seems dressed in all the rings
Of past fatalities
So fragile yet so devious
She continues to see it
Climatic hands that press
Her temples and my chest

His unusual attraction towards her even devoid of all memories:

She is everything and more
The solemn hypnotic
My Dahlia bathed in possession
She is home to me
I get nervous, perverse, when I see her it's worse

Him embracing his feelings towards her I Will Deliver You To The Fireflies:

Hard to say what caught my attention
Vixen crazy, aphid attraction
Carve my name in my face to recognize
Such a pheromone cult to terrorize
I won't let this build up inside of me

His feeling of guilt and memory (or a memory of a memory) of how their relationship started and what did they turn him into:

I'm a slave, and I am a master
No restraints and unchecked collectors
I exist through my need, to self-oblige
She is something in me, that I despise

...Chapter 4:
She isn't real
I can't make her real

I dunno, maybe it's kind of a stretch on my part, but still, seems to me that it fits pretty damn well.

Ques

Sep 11, 2020
Alright so just to say love/hate this game but I’m sure that’s a feeling most of us feel but I’m playing right now catching up near the end of chapter 2 and I was just checking people’s birthday to see who bday is the closest to mine. (Noriko) and I know we are suppose to be sus of Kaori because she is suppose to be dead ( plus other stuff I read in here but I’m not there yet and the game so I’ll leave it alone until I fully get it) but has anyone thought much on Kaori birthday being December 25th or do we not have enough facts yet to start speculating if it means anything.

4.20 star(s) 296 Votes