falco256

May 27, 2019
Okay... damn... that Io part was rough. It reminds me of a rather infamously brutal Japanese web novel, and for once, it makes that book look tame. That says a lot, considering that book was just plain wrong and bloody hard to read, even though it was equally brilliant at other times. (i.e., it's the equivalent of it starting on the dark route and then getting lighter as they begin to fix each other.)

Comiies

Aug 27, 2022
We've had a rough go with this update, but we haven't talked enough about Uta.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I kind of feel like this may be similar to what happened between Akira and Maya when they first became a thing. Cause even if it's fucked up, to Uta, she found someone that is also rotten and fucked up in the head, but it's someone that would fully accept her - no pretend, no holding back, he'd accept everything that she is and was (and even enjoy it).

I'm curious to see how it goes from here, but I guess probably somewhere nice. Especially cause Uta doesn't seem to want him completely for herself either.

On another note, man what is up with deer parts, what a strange analogy.

So what I get from it is that Uta hugged Akira because she thinks there's a part of him that can be fixed/removed, that the rest of the world doesn't accept - just as she also has it. Then when Maya says it, it's probably another meaning, that there's a part of her that doesn't work inside of that replica of heaven. Maybe her supernatural side? Then Kaori is a whole deer looking for fluff. I'm not even going to try with that one.

Edit: Or maybe it's simple, and it just means that Kaori herself shouldn't exist, not just a part of her?
I can be charitable and agree with your interpetation of Utas actions("So what I get from it is that Uta hugged Akira because she thinks there's a part of him that can be fixed/removed, that the rest of the world doesn't accept - just as she also has it")
OR i can be as pessimistic as i can.So then.Why did Uta do what she did?

I believe Uta saw herself in Sensei.More specifically she saw a very crucial part of her past,her indulging in a sickening pleasure.So in an attempt to not feel alone anymore,in an attempt to feel validated she tried her best to latch on Sensei with the rationalization of "Im doing this because i love you".Now im not trying to descredit Utas feelings by any means but i also want to aknowledge the fact that,similar to Ami,Uta is attracted to broken people.(Cough cough Io cough cough)

hcguy

Aug 29, 2019
In fact, there is a high chance that Noriko will sacrifice herself to be in Maya's place since Noriko is very altruistic and she cares a lot about Akira and Maya and in her view, she will most likely think that it is better for her to be in prison. in that place than Maya since Maya has a more important role in Akira's life.
If this happens I will delete this game. I would take Noriko over 50 Mayas. One of the things that annoys me about this game is that apparently Maya is so important to Akira and I have never for one second seen any reason to justify that, even in scenes like the street fair where I actually liked her.

PhiloPhilo

Jan 24, 2022
Deer have a lot of significance in various religions, and I think this is another case of religious symbolism. I'm lazy, so I'm going to copy/paste from wikipedia and bible search engines. To summarize though, deer are often seen as messengers of god, able to talk to god, holy or special in some way, wayfarers (showing paths to people,) able to nourish/heal/guide people, important because they part streams and open paths, and, specifically in the bible, deer are mentioned multiple times as quick, healthy animals, and people being healed/invigorated are likened to deer. There are too many possible influences and connections to go over all of them, determine the source, or attribute a connection to all of them, but those are my thoughts. Apologies for the run on sentences and shotgun approach. This interested me as well, though.
Also, in being lazy and using Wikipedia, apparently they have a connection specifically to Nara, where Uta grew up with them.

• Hey there
Reactions: Moonflare

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
I can be charitable and agree with your interpetation of Utas actions("So what I get from it is that Uta hugged Akira because she thinks there's a part of him that can be fixed/removed, that the rest of the world doesn't accept - just as she also has it")
OR i can be as pessimistic as i can.So then.Why did Uta do what she did?

I believe Uta saw herself in Sensei.More specifically she saw a very crucial part of her past,her indulging in a sickening pleasure.So in an attempt to not feel alone anymore,in an attempt to feel validated she tried her best to latch on Sensei with the rationalization of "Im doing this because i love you".Now im not trying to descredit Utas feelings by any means but i also want to aknowledge the fact that,similar to Ami,Uta is attracted to broken people.(Cough cough Io cough cough)
I think we're saying the same thing. Also the part you quoted is just me trying to understand what Akira meant by deer parts in that situation, which is his vision of why Uta hugged him, not the reason I think she did. But I'll elaborate on what I find to be different.

I think there's a crucial difference between being attracted to broken people and finding someone that gets what you've been through. Uta's relationship with Io is one born of mutual understanding, they're from the same support group. Io isn't elated about Uta's deer parts, she is understanding of it. She doesn't find Uta's perverted side attractive, or hot, or would take pleasure from it. Uta is "attracted" to Io as one would be to a pillar of support when the rest of the world would shun you. Io could never be to her what Akira can.

Akira is an entire different thing. He is highly sexual, just as perverted, and doesn't just accept who she is and her past, he gets pleasure from it. For Uta being with him it's not just that she'd be "accepted despite what happened" (Io's case), she'd be celebrated for it (to an extent).

Now, onto being attracted to broken people. We don't have enough to analyse Prince Ami, but from what we're shown so far, she's the one that would better fit a description of "being attracted to broken people". Because, well, she wants Akira to remain broken so that she can be his caretaker. Akira isn't attracted to broken people, he sees broken people as potential targets. Uta isn't attracted to broken people, she just thinks they're probably more likely to accept her cause they might get it. Io isn't attracted to broken people, she just considers herself such trash that it would take a trashy person to withstand her presence.

Going back to the main point, Uta was attracted to Akira. She freaked out about him discovering her secret, but then (after her shock and confusion about him having her picture) managed to understand that it could be a good thing for her because it would mean he'd be truly cool with her past. When he breaks down in front of her, she hugs him cause that pretty much seals the deal. He displays a position of fragility to her. So she sees herself in him (which is untrue, but true enough for her to make up her mind about it).

• Thinking Face
Reactions: aramaug

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
Deer have a lot of significance in various religions, and I think this is another case of religious symbolism. I'm lazy, so I'm going to copy/paste from wikipedia and bible search engines. To summarize though, deer are often seen as messengers of god, able to talk to god, holy or special in some way, wayfarers (showing paths to people,) able to nourish/heal/guide people, important because they part streams and open paths, and, specifically in the bible, deer are mentioned multiple times as quick, healthy animals, and people being healed/invigorated are likened to deer. There are too many possible influences and connections to go over all of them, determine the source, or attribute a connection to all of them, but those are my thoughts. Apologies for the run on sentences and shotgun approach. This interested me as well, though.
Also, in being lazy and using Wikipedia, apparently they have a connection specifically to Nara, where Uta grew up with them.

You're right, it's probably due to my ignorance on the topic. I knew that deers had to do with Nara, and that one music video from Fall out boy, but that was it. Thanks.

Reactions: PhiloPhilo

PhiloPhilo

Jan 24, 2022
You're right, it's probably due to my ignorance on the topic. I knew that deers had to do with Nara, and that one music video from Fall out boy, but that was it. Thanks.
One thing I forgot is that deer are also specifically mentioned as something man can eat and part of the cycle of life, potentially able to be used (tenuously.) I don't have a specific theory, I just think it's an amalgamation of religious influences in which the 'deer' is a messenger, touched by god, a special person, or potentially a fawn that can be used and broken. I wouldn't be too worried about it or think it's definitive. I mainly know about Abrahamic influences, but there's also interpretations where the deer is a symbol of nature and Earth / gods of the Earth. Insert Sekai influence theories.

• Thinking Face

PhiloPhilo

Jan 24, 2022
May I make a low brained observation compared to all of these high brained ones about Deer? Deer are often hit by cars, so was Sekai IIRC (can't search ATM)

And supposedly, organs / parts were taken from Sekai and given to Kaori and maybe others.
That's actually kinda big brain. Deer are often seen as skittish and specifically blinded by car lights / unable to understand what's happening, in that example. I don't know enough to say for sure, but I definitely overlooked the "deer in headlights" and easily spooked / aloof and unaware* aspect.
*edit

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
One of the things that annoys me about this game is that apparently Maya is so important to Akira and I have never for one second seen any reason to justify that, even in scenes like the street fair where I actually liked her.
There is no one in this game that was more justified in Akira loving than Maya. She's his one partner (aware of what's happening) from beginning to the factory reset. That one partner is revealed to have been hiding a boundless love with a mask for fear of breaking him - which he discovers bit by bit, while having to work harder on her than on anyone else. He's been shown countless times to choose her over everyone else - most importantly over Sekai's memories (which is how the whole Maya thing started in his past). He's responsible for her "death", in which she professes her undying love for him.

Now, no player has to like Maya. In fact, there are multiple reasons not to, and even to hate her. But I fail to see how the game didn't justify Akira loving her. One could say "well, I get that he loves her then, but how come it's to such an extent deeper than to the other girls that it puts him in a coma?". I mean... it's the second girl that he loved that died in front of him. He never recovered from the first time it happened, and now it happened again. And this time it was his fault even. If that wasn't enough, the one person that might know a little more than him about resets is also gone. His recovery could even be said to have been fast, considering the implications.

BlackDays

Jan 30, 2021
We've had a rough go with this update, but we haven't talked enough about Uta.
I kind of feel like this may be similar to what happened between Akira and Maya when they first became a thing. Cause even if it's fucked up, to Uta, she found someone that is also rotten and fucked up in the head, but it's someone that would fully accept her - no pretend, no holding back, he'd accept everything that she is and was (and even enjoy it).

I'm curious to see how it goes from here, but I guess probably somewhere nice. Especially cause Uta doesn't seem to want him completely for herself either.

So what I get from it is that Uta hugged Akira because she thinks there's a part of him that can be fixed/removed, that the rest of the world doesn't accept - just as she also has it. Then when Maya says it, it's probably another meaning, that there's a part of her that doesn't work inside of that replica of heaven. Maybe her supernatural side? Then Kaori is a whole deer looking for fluff. I'm not even going to try with that one.

Edit: Or maybe it's simple, and it just means that Kaori herself shouldn't exist, not just a part of her?

If i look at the context, and that we also have the term "meat", which also outs you as a newbie in the lil discord, maybe it means naive or something along the line?

Akira: "She must think i'm naive." ???
Maya: "I'm not naive to not know where i am." ???

Then there's the egg stuff.
I think those might stand for an upcoming revelation.
Espacially if they crack (the sound). That might mean something was revealed.

Another thing i don't really know where to put is when some characters just said "Slip".
I know that Saki did it in one event.
Maybe it means that her appeareance was a slip and not meant to happen?

• Thinking Face

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
This is what I get for not reading the comment section
Good rule of thumb: Before playing a new update, copy all of your saves and put them inside a different folder. It can even be inside the saves folder, but make a new folder (named "backup" for instance) for it. That should be enough to protect you from Selebus trying to erase them, since that new folder will not be recognized by LiL.

Or, if you want to be extra careful, put the new folder somewhere else. But that seems overkill.

Reactions: SeZ2041

GR1MM

Nov 6, 2019
I don't want to disturb any conversation in thread, but if any of you good people have roadmaps to the next patches, may I be so arrogant to ask you share these with me? Just want to predict a little for myself what can I expect in the near future of LiL, as I was able to find 0.42 and somehow 0.45 roadmaps.

Also, in regards of new update... It was FIRE. Like, actually like disgusting house-burning fire, asphyxiating and disturbing, and, don't want to quote so many peolpe, I amfascinated by all of your theories and hypothesises (is it right plural or not..?)
Honestly, the part
is kinda like white threads to me as you play in game's plot, but, well, the details... horrific, as someone said, literally perfect word to describe and, tbh, it wasfirst eventwhen I really didn't want to press "green".

P. S. Holly-Molly, as soon as I thought "well, he can't really surprise me after all we'd seen" he just did it, he shove it to our faces ruthlessly, Sel is my fuckin' literature hero of our time (but also fuck you for these reset quizes and cockblocks, you sicko)

Aug 20, 2021
I don't want to disturb any conversation in thread, but if any of you good people have roadmaps to the next patches, may I be so arrogant to ask you share these with me? Just want to predict a little for myself what can I expect in the near future of LiL, as I was able to find 0.42 and somehow 0.45 roadmaps.

hcguy

Aug 29, 2019
There is no one in this game that was more justified in Akira loving than Maya.
That's what we're told. I don't see anything about her that would justify it. Apart from Otoha she is the least interesting girl. Her personality is unappealing, both pre- and post-reset. He acts like she's this amazing person and nothing about her actually shows that to be true.

If I am supposed to accept that Maya is worth what Akira says and does in regard to her, I have to see something beyond him simply saying that she is amazing and important, and she's just a big black hole of either annoying or yawn.

Last edited:

LordSHadow9623

Jul 21, 2022
Meh i cna say after playing this for a while that while admittedly i actually kind of like the story, i am fast running out of patience for the slow pace. SOrry but im not in this to pretend i care about fictional girls. I can honestly say oi feel no sympathy at all for most characters in these games. Lessons in love IS admittedly better about its characters though so ill concede that point to you all. This seems like th ekind of game where nothing u do really matters and there is no good ending of any kind.

4.20 star(s) 295 Votes