Jan 1, 2024

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
Ah, yes, the one "redeeming" feature of Otoha. I already hated her, but when I got to this scene on my second playthrough I was like "yeah, I get it, Akira." Being a piece of shit doesn't make much of a difference in you wanting to fuck her (when she has this ass), math checks out :ROFLMAO:

Nah she cheated on best homie and hid it from her.Common Otoha L
Yes, but at this point Akira probably sees it as the story going one of two ways:

1. Otoha was a piece of shit to Rin (and Niki) - the end.
2. Otoha was a piece of shit to Rin (and Niki) - and I get to have sex with her.

Can't blame Akira on that one. Again, math checks out :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

PhiloPhilo

Jan 24, 2022
Most of this post are random theories. You're unlikely to lose anything by not reading it. You have been warned.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Personally, I believe that there isn't just one entity called AmIOkay. At different times she displays different personalities and different goals. In some later happy events we see multiple Mayas in the background, which I suspect are just different versions of AmIOkay. I've said before that I like the idea that a new AmIOkay is produced from every reset version of Maya, though I'm not sure how her Sekai connections fit into that.
It took me some time, but I'm partial to the idea that AmIOkay is another Maya or part of her. AmIOkay might even be what happens if someone isn't brought back in time as has been somewhat alluded to. As far as there being multiple AmIOkays, I don't see anything stopping that from being the case, my only guess would be that AmIOkay needing to be a version of Maya that has gained enough insight into the resets and world before being reset to turn into her. I think it's also possible that her personality is simply split or erratic, and/or she's influenced by her location and possibly one of the user(s).

AmIOkay being a Maya from another cycle is interesting but really fucks up some things.Maya has said that she has been doing this for god knows how long.So in order for THIS maya to exist that means that somewhere in the long line of cycles Maya lost her memory>Countless cycles passed>Regained it>Even more cycles passed>Game begun.Unless you want to make the argument that AmIOkay was "created" in the very first cycles of the game where Maya was still vurnerable and didnt know any better.
As far as Maya having been reset in the first place, and possibly leaving the note before-this, it might seem strange at first. But as far as I'm aware, we're not told outright that Maya has been doing this continuously, from start from cycle one. Even if she had a role to play in starting the cycles through her connection to the shrine or wish, she never says or is said to have (from what I remember, please correct) that she was there during the first reset or caused it, and hasn't stopped. She's just been doing it for a long time, but a long time out of an uncountable or an infinity is still just a small percentage. Even if she thinks she saw the first cycle, it's possible that she's wrong, if her memory of previous cycles was gone.
As far as the note, it might not seem like it makes a lot of sense either, but I think there's a couple ways to justify it being there. One is that the board seems to be an afterthought, for Akira specifically, just a board with old sticky notes on it that he only really looks at with much care during resets. Another is if Maya really has been reset, it's likely she's gotten to a point of trying to do something about it before. Like I said I think having enough knowledge or otherwise would probably be a prerequisite to having an AmIOkay appear after you're reset. Maya Prime had seemingly tried everything she thought of to fix things, which would give her reason to leave the note, but also call into question why she never did but a previous Maya did. Maybe Maya Prime is a dumbass. This is all a little speculative, though.

As far as these several hidden places go, they may not be the same exact thing, but I feel like they all have to have some correlation. Aramaug summed it up better than I can. It just irks me. I'm a sad boi. Had a train of thought before being dragged to the bar against my will last night. Must think more about what these places mean metaphorically.

Comiies

Aug 27, 2022
It took me some time, but I'm partial to the idea that AmIOkay is another Maya or part of her. AmIOkay might even be what happens if someone isn't brought back in time as has been somewhat alluded to. As far as there being multiple AmIOkays, I don't see anything stopping that from being the case, my only guess would be that AmIOkay needing to be a version of Maya that has gained enough insight into the resets and world before being reset to turn into her. I think it's also possible that her personality is simply split or erratic, and/or she's influenced by her location and possibly one of the user(s).

As far as Maya having been reset in the first place, and possibly leaving the note before-this, it might seem strange at first. But as far as I'm aware, we're not told outright that Maya has been doing this continuously, from start from cycle one. Even if she had a role to play in starting the cycles through her connection to the shrine or wish, she never says or is said to have (from what I remember, please correct) that she was there during the first reset or caused it, and hasn't stopped. She's just been doing it for a long time, but a long time out of an uncountable or an infinity is still just a small percentage. Even if she thinks she saw the first cycle, it's possible that she's wrong, if her memory of previous cycles was gone.
As far as the note, it might not seem like it makes a lot of sense either, but I think there's a couple ways to justify it being there. One is that the board seems to be an afterthought, for Akira specifically, just a board with old sticky notes on it that he only really looks at with much care during resets. Another is if Maya really has been reset, it's likely she's gotten to a point of trying to do something about it before. Like I said I think having enough knowledge or otherwise would probably be a prerequisite to having an AmIOkay appear after you're reset. Maya Prime had seemingly tried everything she thought of to fix things, which would give her reason to leave the note, but also call into question why she never did but a previous Maya did. Maybe Maya Prime is a dumbass. This is all a little speculative, though.

As far as these several hidden places go, they may not be the same exact thing, but I feel like they all have to have some correlation. Aramaug summed it up better than I can. It just irks me. I'm a sad boi. Had a train of thought before being dragged to the bar against my will last night. Must think more about what these places mean metaphorically.
Didnt she say what we(aka her and akira) were there from the beginning?Like word for word.Thats where im basing this of off at least.

Reactions: PhiloPhilo

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
Didnt she say what we(aka her and akira) were there from the beginning?Like word for word.Thats where im basing this of off at least.
Pareidolia says that the time Maya has been going through the cycles would make her a tadpole next to how long he has waited for his season to come back. So it's likely that our Maya became awake from some point, but not from the start (there are actually some hints throughout the game that the one that guided her when she first awoke could have been Akira - but these are very minor and unclear to count as evidence).
As to being a tadpole being swallowed by its mother frog, it could mean a lot of things. Like our Maya being a fragment of a bigger Maya (kind of like Akira), and being factory reset simply means that this fragment was returned to the actual bigger Maya.

Although it could also just mean that she was dragged back to the system/simulation/NAO that created her/allowed her to persist through the resets. It definitely seems like she drowned in the well:
That's Maya's letter on the background, and it isn't signed. So it would make sense that she's the one signing it through the narration.

Edit: The possibility of Maya being the one narrating "Miserably ever after" is the biggest counter to Himawari being the one narrating it. We just don't know. I, for one, am on the camp that at the very least the narrator (whoever that is) is referencing both Narrator Maya and Himawari when they say that "we're coming for you".

PhiloPhilo

Jan 24, 2022
I don't think so, but I genuinely might just be missing that event/dialogue if she did. Technically everyone was, well, alive and everything, but Akira explicitly was "gone" for a trillion years or however long. If he was there in the beginning and even going to the rooftop, he got killed (reset) like a bozo. So he could have been there at the start, but has not been there since the start (uninterrupted.) And the same could be true of Maya Prime, even if she thinks she has been, since she could be fallible for a number of reasons. The note might even hint towards that. Or be nothing.
Give it like 30 minutes to a couple hours, and someone much smarter and more attractive than me will jump in and confirm or give relevant dialogue

Edit before this reply is even posted: Moonflare has blessed us with their grace. It's like I can see the future or something.

• Haha
Reactions: Moonflare

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
For those interested, Maya Prime did imply she has been around since the first time the world ended:

Of course, she's also admitted to lying all the time, and there's always the possibility that she is simply programmed to think what she does, like possibly everybody, on top of that.

Comiies

Aug 27, 2022
For those interested, Maya Prime did imply she has been around since the first time the world ended:

Of course, she's also admitted to lying all the time, and there's always the possibility that she is simply programmed to think what she does, like possibly everybody, on top of that.
Ah yes the good ol "Nobody other than me is real" technique.I wonder if a time will come where sensei will employ this tactic to drown out his guilt.

Also the karaoke reminded me of Kirin finding out that we nearly raped her sister.Man she is trying REALLY hard to not avoid the "Trash human being" allegations huh

Breadtaker

Nov 18, 2023

From her perspective there wouldn't be a way of knowing if there were cycles prior to her first. New Maya would probably think the same thing if it weren't for Ayane spoiling things.

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023

Also, important to note "the first time the world ended" for her. Any Maya that was factory reset and witnessed a reset would treat it as the first time it happened.

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
Also the karaoke reminded me of Kirin finding out that we nearly raped her sister.Man she is trying REALLY hard to not avoid the "Trash human being" allegations huh
If Akira really had raped Karin, I think there's a somewhat relevant chance of Kirin having sex with him there regardless. And even if that isn't true, the mere fact that I don't know for sure would be proof of how much of a bad joke she is.

Have people ground for these dialogue options legitimately?
You get a cheater flag (?) for the first one. For the second one it's possible to do, since you can repeat Ayane's farmable events as much as you want before it.

Last edited:

Comiies

Aug 27, 2022
If Akira really had raped Karin, I think there's a somewhat relevant chance of Kirin having sex with him there regardless. And even if that isn't true, the mere fact that I don't know for sure would be proof of how much of a bad joke she is.

You get a cheater flag (?) for the first one. For the second one it's possible to do, since you can repeat Ayane's farmable events as much as you want before it.
I was trying so hard to defend my girl.Like i can somehow see it,i can justify everything but like after the whole Karin thing...Still though we need a Kirin redemption Arc.

4.20 star(s) 296 Votes