alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Thanks for support, I am mostly deaf hence why I don't have speakers or headphones.
Do you use Windows? If so, I thought there were accessibility options for this kind of thing. I know there are some for visual impairment.

How to identify what platform I've been playing. I'm playing it on android. I forgot what I've downloaded but I remember the first time I installed the game it failed and I saw selebus saying to download joiplay (PC emulator for android?) After that I successfully installed the game.
With Joiplay, you want to use the Windows version.

I love Molly so much.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
And then my favorite Molly quote from the update, spoilered for obvious reasons, the game is still Patron only and this is text taken directly from it. The only reason I'm even willing to put anything in spoilers is because it has been leaked. I would not do so otherwise. If you have not palyed the latest update, DO NOT READ.

JohnnyRazer

Sep 15, 2020
You sure about that? I still see Rin's creepy, depressed smile in my head. I don't see the green scarf.
I mean the moment when the most reserved and unemotional character almost cracks, it's like... you understand that shit's really badly fucked.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
I mean the moment when the most reserved and unemotional character almost cracks, it's like... you understand that shit's really badly fucked.
I'm not so sure she's as unemotional as she seems at first glance. Let's just say I don't think certain scenes from before 0.11.0 that showed her with emotion were hallucinations or anything else that could explain them without them actually having happened. I think they were events from the past. I have a theory about her past. I think she was at least romantically involved with old Sensei. Then things happened and she decided to distance herself emotionally from everyone. In other words, she isn't unemotional, she's protecting herself from getting hurt again. She may very well be the closest to normal this cast of characters has, though a few others are still in the running for that spot as well, at least until we finally discover their issue.

Reactions: DrFree and Ankoku

Phynix

Apr 12, 2018
I'm not so sure she's as unemotional as she seems at first glance. Let's just say I don't think certain scenes from before 0.11.0 that showed her with emotion were hallucinations or anything else that could explain them without them actually having happened. I think they were events from the past. I have a theory about her past. I think she was at least romantically involved with old Sensei. Then things happened and she decided to distance herself emotionally from everyone. In other words, she isn't unemotional, she's protecting herself from getting hurt again. She may very well be the closest to normal this cast of characters has, though a few others are still in the running for that spot as well, at least until we finally discover their issue.

Reactions: Ankoku

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Remember, we don't seem to be dealing with the Sensei that she knew and she is well aware of this, she has referenced this on multiple occasions. The relationship in my theory wasn't with this Sensei, it was with the old one. I have a feeling she saw something terrible happen to to the old one, the event that brought the Sensei we play as into this world Maya is a part of. As far as understanding the game's events, that's just not possible at this point, but all will make sense in time. I played the update on my breaks from doing some recording for a band I'm in around 3 in the afternoon my time and still couldn't fully comprehend it.

Reactions: DrFree and Ankoku
Nov 24, 2017
finally got it after needing to go back and replay scenes. loved the game up til this point, and even though i do read everything im not a fan of needing to go back and replay a bunch of things to get info. hoping this trend wont continue in the future, still lovin the game overall though
Nice job in figuring it all out. Where did you find the username? I still cant figure out where to find it.

Phynix

Apr 12, 2018
Remember, we don't seem to be dealing with the Sensei that she knew and she is well aware of this, she has referenced this on multiple occasions. The relationship in my theory wasn't with this Sensei, it was with the old one. I have a feeling she saw something terrible happen to to the old one, the event that brought the Sensei we play as into this world Maya is a part of. As far as understanding the game's events, that's just not possible at this point, but all will make sense in time. I played the update on my breaks from doing some recording for a band I'm in around 3 in the afternoon my time and still couldn't fully comprehend it.
I thought that Sensei was the old one. :unsure: Or maybe a middle one, because they clearly have been through the loops already. I agree that it's way too early to make sense of it. But I'm still wondering if this scarf was the first one after the.. first one. o_O Or does this happen every "year" during Christmas.

JohnnyRazer

Sep 15, 2020
Well, that's almost my point. I see it like she either grew emotionally dumb over so many cycles or intentionally shut in, or maybe both. That doesn't change the fact the most of the time she is portrayed (or portrays herself) as unemotional. And when a person like that (who as well definitely saw a lot of weird and horrible stuff and didn't even blink an eye) suddenly breaks over something so simple. IMO, it's quite... I can't say scary or shocking, but unnerving maybe the best word to describe it. And also sad, as someone mentioned earlier.
Anyway, it's all speculations at this point of game progress, only almighty Sel knows the truth. :sneaky:

Reactions: Phynix

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
I will be referring to the Sensei we play as as player Sensei while the one from before the events of the game will be referred to as old Sensei for the remainder of this discussion just to make it easier to tell which I am talking about at any given point.

I thought that Sensei was the old one. :unsure: Or maybe a middle one, because they clearly have been through the loops already. I agree that it's way too early to make sense of it. But I'm still wondering if this scarf was the first one after the.. first one. o_O Or does this happen every "year" during Christmas.
The Sensei we play as is not the one they knew before the events of the game, this is referenced by player Sensei himself in the opening scenes, where he is confused about who people are and what is going on, not even recognizing his own niece.

Well, that's almost my point. I see it like she either grew emotionally dumb over so many cycles or intentionally shut in, or maybe both. That doesn't change the fact the most of the time she is portrayed (or portrays herself) as unemotional. And when a person like that (who as well definitely saw a lot of weird and horrible stuff and didn't even blink an eye) suddenly breaks over something so simple. IMO, it's quite... I can't say scary or shocking, but unnerving maybe the best word to describe it. And also sad, as someone mentioned earlier.
Anyway, it's all speculations at this point of game progress, only almighty Sel knows the truth. :sneaky:
She isn't totally emotionless since she does seem to bear negative emotions toward player Sensei, though these emotions are not as strong as Yumi's outright hatred of player Sensei and don't seem to be truly negative, just defensively so to distance herself. She definitely shut herself off from everyone emotionally, but why is what we still have to figure out. To make someone do something that drastic, it takes A LOT. The human spirit isn't so easily broken, so it must have been something horrific that caused her to do this. The loss of a loved one in an accident or murder, perhaps, which is where old Sensei comes in. We see in the opening that something happens to Sensei at one point, but we don't know who witnessed it or who caused it if anyone other than him was involved. This leaves open the possibility that old Sensei either killed himself for yet another unknown reason or that he was murdered and this took place essentially right in front of Maya, not with the perpetrator in view, but most definitely with Sensei in view. By the time she could have gotten help, he would be dead. By the time she could have rushed to the site of the incident, he would be dead. By the time she got to where he, and the potential murderer, was, he would be dead. This would lead to utter despair, a feeling of hopelessness so great that the mind has to do something to protect her, it has to shut off her emotions so it cannt happen again. If it does, she's going to break and break hard. We're talking totally unresponsive, off in her own little world permanently, maybe mumbling utter nonsense. She remains in this 'protected' state even through the resets since she is apparently immune to them like player Sensei is, by which I mean they both have full memory of the things that happened before and during, but the others do not have any memory from before the point the reset brought them back to. In other words, what we see from Maya isn't truly an inability to show emotion or lack of emotion, but an act, a facade to keep her distance so she doesn't have to bear that pain again. When she sees the scarf, it could have broken that facade for a bit. With enough emotion welling up, not even the best actress on the planet can hide it.

akselx

Mar 29, 2020
I think she said it herself several times that she's somewhat bored, because the certain things keep happening again and again in almost every cycle.
As for distancing herself from Sensei, there's few things I can think of:
a) the current Sensei, whatever he's a remnant of original or someone else entirely, takes the body of someone she cares about. It's essentially a stranger wearing a familiar face, so she distances herself and act hostile. She's also seem hopeful somewhat, because of the certain choices the current Sensei makes that remind her of the original.
b) "Amiokay" girl (whose name may or may not start with "T") also says that she's not Maya, but refers to her as "my better version", or "better self". One that, I guess, would not betray her best friend by going behind Ami's back and starting shit with Sensei.
c) There are interesting things fucked-up-happy-scene-Ami says about Maya, that she's a "dream child" or something like that. That she was created in a dream. Also, the weird-lucid-happy-scene-Sensei once or twice mentioned that "this girl does not approve of incest" or some such. I mean, it's fairly normal, but it's like it was specifically highlighted about her. That lead me to think that Maya is a some kind of a daughter of "Amiokay" girl and Sensei. Maybe not actuall, but metaphysical.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
I think she said it herself several times that she's somewhat bored, because the certain things keep happening again and again in almost every cycle.
As for distancing herself from Sensei, there's few things I can think of:
a) the current Sensei, whatever he's a remnant of original or someone else entirely, takes the body of someone she cares about. It's essentially a stranger wearing a familiar face, so she distances herself and act hostile. She's also seem hopeful somewhat, because of the certain choices the current Sensei makes that remind her of the original.
b) "Amiokay" girl (whose name may or may not start with "T") also says that she's not Maya, but refers to her as "my better version", or "better self". One that, I guess, would not betray her best friend by going behind Ami's back and starting shit with Sensei.
c) There are interesting things fucked-up-happy-scene-Ami says about Maya, that she's a "dream child" or something like that. That she was created in a dream. Also, the weird-lucid-happy-scene-Sensei once or twice mentioned that "this girl does not approve of incest" or some such. I mean, it's fairly normal, but it's like it was specifically highlighted about her. That lead me to think that Maya is a some kind of a daughter of "Amiokay" girl and Sensei. Maybe not actuall, but metaphysical.
She did say that, but that doesn't explain her emotional state after seeing a certain object. A) This is definitely not the Sensei she knew, she and player Sensei have referenced this on multiple occasions. This is why I have a theory that she was romantically involved with old Sensei. B) True, but what if this being is not who she says, maybe she is this mysterious HOPE-Sama in disguise toying with us. C) Not many people would approve of incest, this may be a game, but it is pulling certain aspects from reality itself. I still don't trust any of the beings portrayed in the 'happy' scenes or anything they say unless it sounds like it will come up later, hint hint. I don't see evidence yet, but I suspect this HOPE-Sama is involved in their creation as well as the creation of the scenes themselves in universe, I mean how else would messed up shit like that happen besides some otherworldly being or drugs.

JohnnyRazer

Sep 15, 2020
This is why I have a theory that she was romantically involved with old Sensei.
I think it's closer to a fact now. A lot of happy scenes hint on that, especially the last one. And while I think it's more of a nightmarish delusion, I suppose it mixes memories of the old Sensei with weird shit happening in the head of player Sensei. Or there's a slight possibility that they are one man, who after some tramautic experience gone nuts and closed his memories under a seal. But again, speculations...
Heh, all this talk about cycles and loops and weird shit reminded me a little about light novel Utsuro no Haku (or The Empty Box and Zeroth Maria). Anyway, I just wanted to say that scene with green scarf despite it's briefness was one of the best in this update. I don't know how Selebus keeps exceeding himself in terms of storytelling every time. Like, is there a limit for this man? Guess I'll have to subscribe next year :oops:
Or maybe he'll be satisfied with high-fives? :sneaky:

akselx

Mar 29, 2020
She did say that, but that doesn't explain her emotional state after seeing a certain object. A) This is definitely not the Sensei she knew, she and player Sensei have referenced this on multiple occasions. This is why I have a theory that she was romantically involved with old Sensei. B) True, but what if this being is not who she says, maybe she is this mysterious HOPE-Sama in disguise toying with us. C) Not many people would approve of incest, this may be a game, but it is pulling certain aspects from reality itself. I still don't trust any of the beings portrayed in the 'happy' scenes or anything they say unless it sounds like it will come up later, hint hint. I don't see evidence yet, but I suspect this HOPE-Sama is involved in their creation as well as the creation of the scenes themselves in universe, I mean how else would messed up shit like that happen besides some otherworldly being or drugs.
Oh, I'm not arguing about their romantic involvment, that much is clear. What is not clear (for me at leat) is whatever it was Maya or "Amiokay". Maya might have just inherited those memories. I also think people are blowing Maya's "emotionlessness" out of proportion. She's a stoic character, always was and now after god knows how many resets she adopted a philisophy of "minimal emotional involment" and "energy conseration". I'm not really putting any evidince, I'm just make a hypothisys based on the assumtion that stuff was said for a reason.

Last edited:

JohnnyRazer

Sep 15, 2020
I also think people are blowing Maya's "unimotiolness" out of proportion. She's a stoic character, always was and now after god knows how many resets she adopted a philisophy of "minimal emotional involment" and "energy conseration". I'm not really putting any evidince, I'm just make a hypothisys based on the assumtion that stuff was said for a reason.
Just to make it clear, it was some bad wording from me :cry: Of course I didn't mean it like totally emotionless, and also used "reserved" to describe it, which suits better I think.

slibb

Donor
Nov 4, 2017
Nice job in figuring it all out. Where did you find the username? I still cant figure out where to find it.
Selebus facepalmed me when I shared the answer with you, and that shame is equivalent to god himself calling me a cuck to my face, so I deleted it. Can't remember where I found it, just that it pops up throughout the game I think. If I'm allowed to give you a hint to point you in the right direction, the word USER is part of it. Good luck!

4.20 star(s) 296 Votes