alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Thanks for the info... That's scary. I guess I'll work on all the girls at the same time then. Or does that not help? This is actually bugging me. I want a perfect playthrough without spoilers. Does the game tell you this? Or is it something you figure out yourself later on. I'm thinking of 2 girls that this possibly applies to right now.
All the girls at the same time is recommended, especially since some character events are required for main and other character events outside the character that event is for.

The text does warn you within the context of the game world, so if it specifically mentions things that are common sense in the real world when given the information beforehand or it outright says don't do something, heed that warning.

Also, definitely pay close attention to every single detail in every event. This game is being specifically designed to make a perfect playthrough difficult if not impossible, but it seems more than one of us is trying to beat those odds. I'm glad I'm not alone.

Reactions: Hakkira

Voreaway

Jul 17, 2018
I'm having difficulty triggering a set of events and I'm stuck figuring out what I'm missing. I know the next set of events to trigger includes "Bluejay", and I see from the wiki that I'm missing an "?????" prerequisite that involves using Invite on a weekend. The wiki states that "abundance of chickens" is a prereq for "????". I've completed that. Can't tell what else is missing.

oblivion9900

Mar 31, 2018
Thanks for the info... That's scary. I guess I'll work on all the girls at the same time then. Or does that not help? This is actually bugging me. I want a perfect playthrough without spoilers. Does the game tell you this? Or is it something you figure out yourself later on. I'm thinking of 2 girls that this possibly applies to right now.
without using spoilers or anything, just be careful and remember that there are no throw away lines. promises must be kept and withheld. the game will tell you all the info you need to know as long as you pay attention and remember what has been said, as if you dont you just might be a bad homie friend.
also remember to save. a lot.

Reactions: alex2011

oblivion9900

Mar 31, 2018
Also, definitely pay close attention to every single detail in every event. This game is being specifically designed to make a perfect playthrough difficult if not impossible, but it seems more than one of us is trying to beat those odds. I'm glad I'm not alone.
a "perfect" playthrough is completely possible, and there are plenty of people working towards exactly that. but sadly that brings with it rather uncomfortable moments and, if you mess up, heartwrenching moments as well.
just remember that everything is said for a reason.

Reactions: alex2011

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
a "perfect" playthrough is completely possible, and there are plenty of people working towards exactly that. but sadly that brings with it rather uncomfortable moments and, if you mess up, heartwrenching moments as well.
just remember that everything is said for a reason.
I didn't say it wasn't, I said that was the intention in its design.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
I love everything about this game. Good writing, funny dialogue and situations, great romantic scenes, interesting plot, and every girl is unique & extremely loveable. How can a 1 man team put many professional studios to shame?
Selebus has briefly mentioned having worked on writing projects before, specifically while talking about how he keeps from burning out in this project, so I would say previous experience comes into play here and probably a bit of raw talent as well.

He also sticks to his vision no matter what, unlike some other devs who let the players drive development, sometimes to the point of completely derailing development from where it should be going even with some player requests on the side, a great example being Lilith's Throne.

We do get some input here, of course, and some in game bonuses for those paying, but development is basically all his plan. The most we get is what new character gets added when and that only happens occasionally and is really only something for him to consider, not a definitive decision to my knowledge, thankfully. While I would love to see all the characters he has planned ASAP, I don't want that to come at the cost of development quality.

KaitenBK201

May 18, 2017
The world is broken... I don't know what i did wrong but hell i won't restart a new game, i really like this game, but all this wtf things, i don't understand shit

alutarox

Nov 15, 2017
The world is broken... I don't know what i did wrong but hell i won't restart a new game, i really like this game, but all this wtf things, i don't understand shit
Don't restart, it's a part of the story. Just explore until things start happening (make sure you check everywhere even if you find the more HOPEhopeful places)

AdiXv2k

Aug 9, 2018
I like this game and characters but it's f** frustraiting trying to progress in it. Like I have moments when I'm just holding CTRL for half an hour trying to find new scene somewhere and the guide isn't really helpfull - for example I'm looking how to trigger certain event and I see that I need to have completed 3 other events with someone else so I go and check the requierments for those events and they do need another events, it's annoying af. The game could have in-game guide or something so you don't need to waste half a day to find something new.

Reactions: cakeny

AdiXv2k

Aug 9, 2018
Then dont hunt one girl...hunt all.
If you spread your points more equal you will not run into such problems.
Believe it or not, I'm actually going after all girls. The game is just designed in a weird way, like one time the only thing that blocked my progress was event where I needed to click "go home" in dorms and that's it. I would've never clicked that if I didn't read about it in the guide.

JMccovery

Mar 7, 2018
Believe it or not, I'm actually going after all girls. The game is just designed in a weird way, like one time the only thing that blocked my progress was event where I needed to click "go home" in dorms and that's it. I would've never clicked that if I didn't read about it in the guide.
Do what I do for just about every choice: Click it, see what happens, wheel scroll back, then choose another option (if you can). Also, make separate saves if you think that there might be something that will fuck you over.

Vizer007

Oct 15, 2019
Reading all your comments...Man I really want to play this game, waiting for a week now but I decided to start when the update arrive =) (I know its on 15, its just harder and harder to wait the closer date is)
And man, this author is so dedicated, making it for a whole year without "pet and hard drive cemetery in the backyard" and each update is actually full of content, what a rarity Oo

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
I like this game and characters but it's f** frustraiting trying to progress in it. Like I have moments when I'm just holding CTRL for half an hour trying to find new scene somewhere and the guide isn't really helpfull - for example I'm looking how to trigger certain event and I see that I need to have completed 3 other events with someone else so I go and check the requierments for those events and they do need another events, it's annoying af. The game could have in-game guide or something so you don't need to waste half a day to find something new.
Not necessary, there is a trigger list on the thread and a wiki that also lists the triggers. Also, skipping text is a VERY bad idea, you could very easily miss something important that will then lead to you getting stuck or missing an event.

It is always a good idea to try all options except in one specific case that can result in missed events.

Reactions: anon670-1

AdiXv2k

Aug 9, 2018
Not necessary, there is a trigger list on the thread and a wiki that also lists the triggers. Also, skipping text is a VERY bad idea, you could very easily miss something important that will then lead to you getting stuck or missing an event.

It is always a good idea to try all options except in one specific case that can result in missed events.
Yes, I talked about my experience with guide - it's equally annoying to follow, don't know about the wiki.

I have CTRL set to read only so I won't skip anything new/important.

Yes, I'm always exploring all options but in this specific case the "go home" option feels more like "cancel" or "go back" than actual option to choose, I didn't even consider pressing it. Maybe I said it wrong at the beggining, the event STARTS with choosing "go home" when visiting dorms, not choosing "go home" in the event itself.

4.20 star(s) 296 Votes