Mahp Owen

Dec 15, 2018
:( it hits me so hard after around 20 hours of gameplay that Ayane is at the same position of Judas. Damn it Selebus, why do u have to hurt me this way...

Reactions: alex2011

taler

Oct 5, 2017
Because you have different stats to manage and the ability to choose where to go and who to see at any given moment.
I think that's sandbox and not management. Management is when there is a strategy in making the numbers go up and down, and you want them to go down sometimes. The numbers here is more to keep track of progress. It's not a criticism, my favorite genre is VN. Management is just not an accurate description.

Reactions: LooLoo Baloo

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
I think that's sandbox and not management. Management is when there is a strategy in making the numbers go up and down, and you want them to go down sometimes. The numbers here is more to keep track of progress. It's not a criticism, my favorite genre is VN. Management is just not an accurate description.
The different places you can go would be sandbox, the stats are not exclusively a sandbox feature and are often found in management games, Lab Rats 2 for example.

Vidaura

Jan 30, 2020
:( it hits me so hard after around 20 hours of gameplay that Ayane is at the same position of Judas. Damn it Selebus, why do u have to hurt me this way...
I believe Selebus has said that Ayane's placement is incorrect. It's supposed to be:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Jul 11, 2019
Why does this game have the management tag? It doesn't really...
I believe that is because you manage the girls' affection and their events.
Depending on certain events happening after other events, you'll get different dialogue.
Some events are locked behind a certain stat and not reaching that stat before unlocking the event means you may progress the story. This can result in missed events.
The difference is even greater depending on the choices you make.
While you do need to progress all characters in order to continue the story (because being able to choose how much you progress a certain character and min-maxing would create a lot of branches in the timeline/story tree, which would be complex and hard to manage, especially since this is (to my knowledge) a one-man development) you can unlock the next major part of the story either having been a completionist and unlocked all possible events or simply (perhaps by chance) unlocked only the required events to get to the next.

To put it in a non-spoiler example, that views life as a game (and includes me rambling a bit, so you could just skip this):

Yeah, it's not as "manage-y" as most games with management tagged, but there is some element within the game.

Oct 18, 2016
Depending on certain events happening after other events, you'll get different dialogue.

[...words words words]

Let's say you have a choice. You can continue with your life working as a teacher. The next major event for you would be something like a field trip with your students.
Assuming you didn't connect much with any student and then there is an incident and you are suspected of theft (and framed), you lose your job.
Assuming you only connected with a few students, then said incident could still occur, but you don't lose your job but put under probation.
If you befriended all your students, then this incident would never even happen. If you have high enough affection with a student, you may perhaps even unlock a hidden event, where they tell you their deepest, darkest secrets, which help you understand that student more and prevent them for considering suicide, which would be an event later in the school year.
Alternatively, you could not participate in the field trip at all and befriend other teachers and students.
Life is full of choices, and LiL also has them.
What is this, creative writing? This simply does not happen in the game. I don't believe this addresses the comment about management at all.

Reactions: LooLoo Baloo

taler

Oct 5, 2017
Some events are locked behind a certain stat and not reaching that stat before unlocking the event means you may progress the story. This can result in missed events.
While you do need to progress all characters in order to continue the story (because being able to choose how much you progress a certain character and min-maxing would create a lot of branches in the timeline/story tree, which would be complex and hard to manage, especially since this is (to my knowledge) a one-man development) you can unlock the next major part of the story either having been a completionist and unlocked all possible events or simply (perhaps by chance) unlocked only the required events to get to the next.

To put it in a non-spoiler example, that views life as a game (and includes me rambling a bit, so you could just skip this):

Yeah, it's not as "manage-y" as most games with management tagged, but there is some element within the game.
The thing is, even if this is actually in the game that's literally standard in every VN. A good majority of interactive novels do this. Management is like Lab Rats which plays totally different to this.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017

I wouldn't say you didn't answer the question, actually, you shed a whole new light on the game as a whole. To put what you said into the game world, you have Rin telling you she has feelings for Chika and asking you to stay away long enough to give her a shot at said girl, you then have a choice, you could go after Chika anyway, making Rin extremely upset with you even if she says she's not, trust me, when a girl specifically tells you she's not upset, get out of there immediately because she is upset more than words can describe, and ruining basically any chance with her or you could do as she asks and she'll still be upset, but more sad that it didn't work out than angry at you for ruining her shot and you still have a chance to get closer to Rin. This could then play a part later down the line with the almost inevitable next depression episode she suffers from, she could be saved by you because she trusts you due to doing as she asked or she could not trust you because you went after Chika despite her asking you not to and she might end up hurt or worse by her own hand during this episode with you unable to help her because of that. I would definitely say that fits the management tag because your stats with her and the choice you made earlier had an effect down the line, especially the stat part.

What is this, creative writing? This simply does not happen in the game. I don't believe this addresses the comment about management at all.
It actually addresses it quite well and that does happen in game, it is a common complaint by people who miss events, actually.

The thing is, even if this is actually in the game that's literally standard in every VN. A good majority of interactive novels do this. Management is like Lab Rats which plays totally different to this.
They do, but not quite like this. While it is usually the case that VNs lock scenes behind stat walls or even event or route completion, they do it in a sort of 'you have enough points with this character, have an event for your trouble' kind of way. This is not the same as what this game does, very close, but not quite the same. Keep in mind as well that while it does have management aspects, this is still a VN as well.

Ankoku

Apr 28, 2018
Does this game have different paths for each character?
In the most literal sense, no. There are some things you can do to change interactions with certain characters pretty massively (like making Rin hate you), but completely different paths? no. It's more of an over-arching story. Think DDLC with better writing and actual nudity/sex. There will be individual endings for each main girl, but that's a long ways off.

Cerpin

Jun 22, 2020
It looks like we're going to get some pretty inescapable divergence in the next update though. It's also going to be more complex than just locking you out of a character.

Floor 2 is best floor.

Reactions: Grimlock99
4.20 star(s) 296 Votes