okokok

Aug 19, 2016
The most annoying thing about this game, even when you raise all the affection and lust etc, events don't just trigger. Sometimes the event trigger is hidden or won't happen for many days.

We need a mod to that tells you what to do to trigger it. The event progress mod you download does not help with that part. We need something that says on the "main window" something like "call x girl in afternoon in 10 days" or "go to such and such location this evening" etc.

The guide/mod doesn't show what to do to unlock the next event (i.e the ones in black) .
Did you just gloss over the wiki link in the games menu or?

Reactions: alex2011 and akselx

SecretUser95

Feb 22, 2019
The most annoying thing about this game, even when you raise all the affection and lust etc, events don't just trigger. Sometimes the event trigger is hidden or won't happen for many days.

We need a mod to that tells you what to do to trigger it. The event progress mod you download does not help with that part. We need something that says on the "main window" something like "call x girl in afternoon in 10 days" or "go to such and such location this evening" etc.

The guide/mod doesn't show what to do to unlock the next event (i.e the ones in black) .
You mean the guide mod ? It does tell you how to trigger stuff. But there are 2 different progress buttons, one at the bottom of the screen during gameplay, the other in the pause menu. You wanna click the one in the pause menu, then click the name of the girl you are looking for to check. There it tells you what to do.

Without it I agree, it's kinda rough. On my first playthrough I had 100+ Maya and Yumi affection cuz i was lost.

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
I also hope the next update explores what happened with Maya. The terminal users seem to be able to influence not just sensei, buy Maya as well, and probably everyone else. ( It also looks like Maya has visions like sensei )
It's unclear whether she was seeing a possible Sensei reset, or if she was seeing a threatened reset of herself, and both are VERY intriguing. Sadly, we just got a Maya update, so we're probably not going to see too much about this for a few months.

Reactions: akselx

Shizuka_Masou

May 14, 2017
I see a lot of complaints about leaks, but it may be worth looking at it from a slightly different angle. Like, people just love the novel so much that they can't wait another two weeks before the public release, but they can't afford to be a patron. And although I admit that being a leaker is not good, downloading the leaked version is fine. And hey, maybe leaker himself is just a generous person and does not do this for profit, because I personally have no idea if they receive income from downloads and how much it can be.

So I HOPE that Selebus does not take this personally. Money will not give you happiness anyway. Praise be!

Deleted member 1697433

Lessons in Love
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 8, 2019
So I HOPE that Selebus does not take this personally. Money will not give you happiness anyway. Praise be!
I don't really take it personally as there seems to be a bigger anti-piracy stance on this post than anywhere else on the site, which I am incredibly thankful for.

But I do wish people would stop being so delusional in assuming things like this don't damage the profitability of games when I have, on many occasions provided specific examples of support generated by leaked vs non-leaked versions of LiL.

The biggest factor in releasing consistent content is motivation. And it's admittedly a lot harder to stay motivated when you are consistently showing people exactly how certain actions can negatively influence a product only to have nothing change as a result.

People that download leaked versions don't hurt the game and I'm glad they can't contain themselves in waiting for updates. That's great. They want it to succeed. Just don't spoil things for the people respectful enough to wait for public builds and we gucci.

People that personally leak the game are an entirely different story. They don't want the game to succeed, they just want the dopamine hit that comes from their five minutes of being the cool guy who freely gave out a thing that was still going to be free in two weeks anyway.

I make a lot of fucking money. And I am very thankful to be making a lot of fucking money.
But, I also do a lot of fucking work- and I'm trying to raise the bar for what players should expect out of developers.

I am tired of other developers in this same industry milking their players for months, sometimes years at a time, without so much as an update. That's why I have a dedicated release schedule on the 1st of every month, so people can immediately be rewarded for their patronage in seeing that I do care about and appreciate the support. It's why the current release will always be $5. It's why I added a second monthly release after the full-time stretch goal was met. This is my job.

But this is the Internet, and it's easy to fuck things up. So of course there will always be a person who is going to do just that.

Anyway, hello everyone and thank you for playing my video game. I will now go back into hiding until 0.18.0 Part 1.

Voltage Flame

Jun 27, 2018
I don't really take it personally as there seems to be a bigger anti-piracy stance on this post than anywhere else on the site, which I am incredibly thankful for.

But I do wish people would stop being so delusional in assuming things like this don't damage the profitability of games when I have, on many occasions provided specific examples of support generated by leaked vs non-leaked versions of LiL.

The biggest factor in releasing consistent content is motivation. And it's admittedly a lot harder to stay motivated when you are consistently showing people exactly how certain actions can negatively influence a product only to have nothing change as a result.

People that download leaked versions don't hurt the game and I'm glad they can't contain themselves in waiting for updates. That's great. They want it to succeed. Just don't spoil things for the people respectful enough to wait for public builds and we gucci.

People that personally leak the game are an entirely different story. They don't want the game to succeed, they just want the dopamine hit that comes from their five minutes of being the cool guy who freely gave out a thing that was still going to be free in two weeks anyway.

I make a lot of fucking money. And I am very thankful to be making a lot of fucking money.
But, I also do a lot of fucking work- and I'm trying to raise the bar for what players should expect out of developers.

I am tired of other developers in this same industry milking their players for months, sometimes years at a time, without so much as an update. That's why I have a dedicated release schedule on the 1st of every month, so people can immediately be rewarded for their patronage in seeing that I do care about and appreciate the support. It's why the current release will always be $5. It's why I added a second monthly release after the full-time stretch goal was met. This is my job.

But this is the Internet, and it's easy to fuck things up. So of course there will always be a person who is going to do just that.

Anyway, hello everyone and thank you for playing my video game. I will now go back into hiding until 0.18.0 Part 1.
Been paying and playing and loving your game for months now and I'm here to say that I'm very glad that I am!
I'm sure that I'm speaking on many people's behalf when I say that we can see the love and the tireless dedication that you've put towards it. Even through the tougher times...:sneaky:
Personally, I'm MUCH more impressed with the community that you've created! It's crazy wild to see other people like me who are deeply committed to seeing this game thrive and blossom into this beautifu...
into this fantastic masterpie...
...:oops:

Welp, to be honest, I love seeing new players coming in all pure and giggidy, boot up the game and then BOOM...can't sleep for a week XD

But seriously, whether your sweating bullets to make it to the 1st of the month or swimming in glorious green bills, one thing will never change...

I still think you're a psycho

Cheers!

akselx

Mar 29, 2020

I missed thise talks. Your dedication is much appreciated.

Antosha

Feb 28, 2018
I honestly find her to be a sympathetic character. She's had a rough life, and in a world where maybe gods *do* exist, is being taken advantage of. It's sort of like she's joined a cult, only the cult leader is a god.
I’m also not sure — as with Kaori (and, of course, Maya) — that Yuki isn’t a character with one metaphysical foot outside of the dream bubble that passes for objective reality in Kumon-Mi. I mean, yes, she’s clearly yet another damaged, possibly delusional soul in this collection of painfully damaged souls, but she also seems to have some sort of connection to whatever HOPE is, and to whatever the hell is going on here (if anything is in fact going on, and the whole thing isn’t just psychotic break, and we’re not just cruising for a Brazil ending, which would disaa. So I find her interesting. Borderline creepy and scary, but also interesting.

Reactions: alex2011

Antosha

Feb 28, 2018

Thank you. I’m so glad you’re making this job work for you.

I’m not usually a fan of horror, and I’m uncomfortable with loli… but you’re creating something really engaging and original here. Also deeply creepy — Sensei himself is a truly skin-crawly human being — but you’ve managed to keep all of the characters so human that I care deeply about them.

Even Sensei.

IggydB

Oct 14, 2017

Thanks for all the hard work Selebus. I was one of those that was just downloading off this site for free but after seeing how consistently you put out updates and how much I am in love with the story and characters, I decided to join as a Patron today. Hope at least for every person downloading here you can at least get a few to support the work you are putting in as well.

PrimeGuy

Dec 16, 2019
I’m also not sure — as with Kaori (and, of course, Maya) — that Yuki isn’t a character with one metaphysical foot outside of the dream bubble that passes for objective reality in Kumon-Mi. I mean, yes, she’s clearly yet another damaged, possibly delusional soul in this collection of painfully damaged souls, but she also seems to have some sort of connection to whatever HOPE is, and to whatever the hell is going on here (if anything is in fact going on, and the whole thing isn’t just psychotic break, and we’re not just cruising for a Brazil ending, which would disaa. So I find her interesting. Borderline creepy and scary, but also interesting.
I am not actually convinced her god is HOPE. After all, HOPE has eyes.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Antosha

hcguy

Aug 29, 2019
Like, people just love the novel so much that they can't wait another two weeks before the public release, but they can't afford to be a patron.
If you can't afford it, you wait two weeks. Unless it's a "food vs. starvation" situation, "I can't afford it" means you do without. And as great as LiL is, it's not a life or death situation.

• Red Heart

emmasteadman

Aug 6, 2017
You mean the guide mod ? It does tell you how to trigger stuff. But there are 2 different progress buttons, one at the bottom of the screen during gameplay, the other in the pause menu. You wanna click the one in the pause menu, then click the name of the girl you are looking for to check. There it tells you what to do.

Without it I agree, it's kinda rough. On my first playthrough I had 100+ Maya and Yumi affection cuz i was lost.
I'm not sure where you mean. There's 3 options, 'event tracker,' 'girls', and 'progress tracker'. No matter which i click, events, girls or whatever it only shows what I have already done, not what to do next. The text in green (past events) I can click on, the ones in black (yet to happen) are unclickable.

To give an example, how do you unlock characters like Molly?

In one of those sections it may say 'Main Story Progress Needed', but nowhere on how to trigger the next main event, is it just time or something else. I must've gone thorugh nearly 100 days raising stats etc, doing different things, calls, invites, visits etc...but no main story event.

We need a mod that will say the steps required to trigger a main story event.
What's needed for the "Rewrite" event for example?

Lolicon Kami

Nov 3, 2019
I'm not sure where you mean. There's 3 options, 'event tracker,' 'girls', and 'progress tracker'. No matter which i click, events, girls or whatever it only shows what I have already done, not what to do next. The text in green (past events) I can click on, the ones in black (yet to happen) are unclickable.

To give an example, how do you unlock characters like Molly?

In one of those sections it may say 'Main Story Progress Needed', but nowhere on how to trigger the next main event, is it just time or something else. I must've gone thorugh nearly 100 days raising stats etc, doing different things, calls, invites, visits etc...but no main story event.

We need a mod that will say the steps required to trigger a main story event.
What's needed for the "Rewrite" event for example?
1) Check the .
2) Complete the girls' events evenly; don't prioritize one girl over another.
3) Never, ever do Chika's event Schandenfreude before the CLASS beach event (where you have a chance to be jerked off by one of the girl in your class). Unless, that is, you want to be a bad homie...
4) Use an online cheat editor to set all character's affection and lust to 150 for easiest gameplay. Keep in mind that not all of the girls' stats are immediately editable; for example, you can only set Molly's affection to 150 after roughly 50% completion of current game.

Last edited:

SymbolicSalad

Jan 7, 2020
There is no way floor 2 could ever win looking at the choices Sensei gets to make, especially with the shit Kirin pulls off. Fuck off Kirin, even HOPE is a better love interest than you.
There was no way floor 1 could win.

Noriko was obviously a better sister, kirin obviously won the challenge (unbiased judge btw) Yasu's outfit was much better than sana's, and touka modeled way better (before passing out)

• Haha
4.20 star(s) 296 Votes