Deleted member 1697433

Lessons in Love
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 8, 2019
That... really doesn't sound like a good idea.
My favorite thing about people saying my ideas aren't good is executing them anyway and proving everyone wrong.

LiL will be not only the longest visual novel ever made, but has the potential to be the longest fictional work of all time if it continues for several more years at this rate, which it will.

How can it last that long? Because it's not just one linear story. It's over 30 of them being developed simultaneously.
Every character will have a standalone game's worth of content by the end, because that is what they deserve.

I don't care about whether or not you or anyone else thinks that's a bad idea. I am going to do it anyway, and I am going to succeed. And anyone who gets bored is able to hop off the train whenever they want as there are plenty of other passengers lining up to buy tickets for the ride.

ansc

Jan 16, 2018
"My favorite thing about people saying my ideas aren't good is executing them anyway and proving everyone wrong."

The thing is- a pattern is true until it isn't.

That's what makes life hard to navigate (besides all the death and suffering, as you are keenly aware) and why hubris is the great folly of man.

I wouldn't have been one of those people to tell you LIL was impossible, or had no audience. I don't know why anyone would think that after the phenom that was DDLC.

But I am telling you that uh... unless there is a very good reason for it to take that long then making the game so much longer and making the game better will eventually become opposing ends. Especially with your volume of output.

I mean- watching girls break down 100 times could be poignant, and could reflect something different each time.
But 1000 times?
That's the problem. How many assets even are there for Koikatsu?
How many meaningful plotlines are even possible with this scenario? 30 girls or not it doesnt really matter, at least to me, if all the content starts getting repeated. Frankly, I have real life for that.

I just don't see it, and I'm not a hater or
'one of those people that didn't believe in you' or anything else ; that's just my opinion and I believe that it is worth consideration of...

In any case, if you are sure you have that much to say about your girls and the world (and 'the world'... and our irl world... and whatever else) then by all means go ahead. Otherwise you will be watering down your own creation, and the lightning will escape the bottle.

I wish you luck and success in all your endeavors.

Last edited:

Xantoser

Apr 28, 2020
Sulebes -> I don't know if you successfully reach your goal but I admire that you stick to intended plan and concept.
BTW. I really like slow pacing of this game and I am very glad that you are going to rewrite a beginning which, in my opinion, is rushed for some girls.
I wish you luck.

ansc

Jan 16, 2018
"You are severely underestimating me if you think that is all that is in store for the future of this game."

Heh. :sneaky:
Do your worst.

I will wait with excitement.

Reactions: osmann

jjjjj1076701

Sep 20, 2020
My favorite thing about people saying my ideas aren't good is executing them anyway and proving everyone wrong.

LiL will be not only the longest visual novel ever made, but has the potential to be the longest fictional work of all time if it continues for several more years at this rate, which it will.

How can it last that long? Because it's not just one linear story. It's over 30 of them being developed simultaneously.
Every character will have a standalone game's worth of content by the end, because that is what they deserve.

I don't care about whether or not you or anyone else thinks that's a bad idea. I am going to do it anyway, and I am going to succeed. And anyone who gets bored is able to hop off the train whenever they want as there are plenty of other passengers lining up to buy tickets for the ride.
That's quite a statement. I'm interested in seeing how this plays out, that being said, be careful of burnout and good luck.

Reactions: Lolicon Kami

chickenmaid

Oct 9, 2019
If the game is going to be that long, skipping take an hour (and more onwards) to get to updated content if you know what you're doing. I recommend that the repetitiveness is cut down and offer some more story direction for casual players. And have an option for the player to directly skip to certain arcs.

Reactions: yoongi

PrimeGuy

Dec 16, 2019
I love this game because I adore the girls. Even the ones who draw the most hate in discussion have their moments that make me adore them. I am terrified, absolutely terrified, of where this journey will take them.

Waiting for more Molly content is killing me. Molly's had it so rough lately for various reasons, and I find her precious. From the update map, it looks like I might be waiting for May, or June, unless I'm lucky and the Christmas update does something about it.

None of this is a complaint. It's just a scream into the void to stave off the insanity another day.

The plan for ridiculous amounts of content in the end is understandable, to me, based on what I understand of it. I believe the intention is to go through ending 1 - the original 'harem' (or maybe better described as 'gotta fuck 'em all') ending that probably is going to be a train wreck. Then you get to start on "purity" endings for each girl - meaning you're basically starting over again, but now the story is different. Then once you've done all those, there's a final 'true' ending once you restart again for the umpteenth time. I am in no way in the developer's confidence, nor am I privy to his plan, this is just what I've gleaned from past conversations on this site, so I could be entirely off. Or there could be even more steps I don't know about to get to the "true" ending. Either way, I can see how there's a lot to write to make anything similar to what I just said happen.

EllisL4D2

Jul 6, 2019
I love this game because I adore the girls. Even the ones who draw the most hate in discussion have their moments that make me adore them. I am terrified, absolutely terrified, of where this journey will take them.

Waiting for more Molly content is killing me. Molly's had it so rough lately for various reasons, and I find her precious. From the update map, it looks like I might be waiting for May, or June, unless I'm lucky and the Christmas update does something about it.

None of this is a complaint. It's just a scream into the void to stave off the insanity another day.

The plan for ridiculous amounts of content in the end is understandable, to me, based on what I understand of it. I believe the intention is to go through ending 1 - the original 'harem' (or maybe better described as 'gotta fuck 'em all') ending that probably is going to be a train wreck. Then you get to start on "purity" endings for each girl - meaning you're basically starting over again, but now the story is different. Then once you've done all those, there's a final 'true' ending once you restart again for the umpteenth time. I am in no way in the developer's confidence, nor am I privy to his plan, this is just what I've gleaned from past conversations on this site, so I could be entirely off. Or there could be even more steps I don't know about to get to the "true" ending. Either way, I can see how there's a lot to write to make anything similar to what I just said happen.
Yeah, I agree heavily with your point. However, what do you mean by purity endings? And there's a different purity ending for each girl? That's like.. 20 endings right there.

Lolicon Kami

Nov 3, 2019
Yeah, I agree heavily with your point. However, what do you mean by purity endings? And there's a different purity ending for each girl? That's like.. 20 endings right there.
Hence why this visual novel may grow to become the longest piece of literature ever written. Also, more than 20 endings as at least one (and maybe all??) side characters will receive purity routes too (according to Selebus).

Also, there's gonna be a LSD-infused-hellscape "dark route" as well :)

None of this is happening any time soon, I assume though :)

EllisL4D2

Jul 6, 2019
Hence why this visual novel may grow to become the longest piece of literature ever written. Also, more than 20 endings as at least one (and maybe all??) side characters will receive purity routes too (according to Selebus).

Also, there's gonna be a LSD-infused-hellscape "dark route" as well :)

None of this is happening any time soon, I assume though :)
What do they mean by purity routes though? I'm slightly oblivious so I have no clue what that really means.

RPDL

do torrent. go fast.
Donor
Dec 17, 2020
Torrent: ( ) ❤
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
You can find additional information and if you find this useful, we also accept !
We have a thread here if you have any questions, feedback or requests!
Join for requests/support and get torrents a few minutes early! (rpdl#6652)
Here's the sex version too:

You can find additional information and if you find this useful, we also accept !

Can anyone tag me and explain why there's a sex and non-sex version? To me, it's very strange.

EllisL4D2

Jul 6, 2019
Here's the sex version too:

Can anyone tag me and explain why there's a sex and non-sex version? To me, it's very strange.
The reason the SFW version was made was to comply with Patreon's rules. The NSFW will still be updated on Subscriberstar and stuff.

Reactions: RPDL

RPDL

do torrent. go fast.
Donor
Dec 17, 2020
The reason the SFW version was made was to comply with Patreon's rules. The NSFW will still be updated on Subscriberstar and stuff.
Okay, how is it that they're both on different versions though?

Should I focus on only the subscribestar version for example?

EllisL4D2

Jul 6, 2019
Okay, how is it that they're both on different versions though?

Should I focus on only the subscribestar version for example?
The .5 is just a remake of the entire game, stuff are different but the story is relatively the same (I think) just without NSFW. It'll still end where 21.0 ended.

• Red Heart
Reactions: RPDL

Lolicon Kami

Nov 3, 2019
What do they mean by purity routes though? I'm slightly oblivious so I have no clue what that really means.
The overall progress of the game is: Harem route > Dark route > Purity route(s)

Purity routes: A special way to play through the game, dedicating yourself entirely to one heroine and dynamically changing the game. Implied to be a more upbeat route where you can have genuinely happy interaction with the girls (unlike the HAPPY scenes). If you've played Japanese visual novels before, it's kinda like the character routes that most VNs have :)

EllisL4D2

Jul 6, 2019
The overall progress of the game is: Harem route > Dark route > Purity route(s)

Purity routes: A special way to play through the game, dedicating yourself entirely to one heroine and dynamically changing the game. Implied to be a more upbeat route where you can have genuinely happy interaction with the girls (unlike the HAPPY scenes). If you've played Japanese visual novels before, it's kinda like the character routes that most VNs have :)
I see. But how would you do a purity route if most of the main story lines require you to have practically every character to max? At the end of chapter 1 you're practically in a relationship with everyone except for Maya, Yumi, Rin, Miku, etc.

4.20 star(s) 296 Votes