alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
It absolutely does, what are you talking about. It's a big deal and the fact that it's not explicitly stated only adds to it.

Why?

Yeah, I don't believe Sel would have bothered inserting poem about a loss of child and having Sensei semi-consciously pulling out of Ami in the sex scenes that followed.
Yeah 100% agree with you. What narrative point would there be with all this heavy implication? Occam's razor; simplest explanation is most likely here. Ayane was pregnant, it's silly to overthink it
There's also the fact that Sensei's revulsion to the idea of becoming a father is a central component of his personality that is addressed repeatedly throughout the story, which is a stupid character detail to add unless it's somehow relevant, and honestly, I think it's far more relevant than JUST the Ayane situation.

The game repeatedly brings up pregnancy as something that makes Sensei uncomfortable. At one point it's described as a feeling of physical illness. One of the "spooky" moments has a crying child playing in the audio. When a girl uses pregnancy or breeding as a sexy roleplay thing, it immediately turns him off.

Chekov's Gun: If you create a detail and constantly draw attention to it, it has to be relevant.

We have the flashback scene where Sensei and Maya where Maya talks about them both hating babies. A scene that takes place on the rooftop. And the rooftop is only used as a location immediately prior and during a reset.

Pregnancy is a core theme, and there's a very real possibility it was a pregnancy that prompted Sensei to jump off the roof at the start of the game.

Speculation: I very strongly suspect that all this is tied together. The rooftop is important to the story because that was where Sensei and Maya met up, and very likely where he impregnated her. And when he found out, where he jumped from.

And thus, it's where he's drawn when it's time to end a cycle and begin a new one. And anyone carrying his child is also drawn there.

This is why Maya's INCREDIBLY bitter about having to repeat the same 3-4 months over and over again, because it's the first half of a pregnancy that never ends. Infinite morning sickness. This would explain why she eats 2-3 times as much as the other girls. And most of the time when she's shown with a watermelon, she's holding it like a pregnancy belly. Since she was pregnant before this process began, when the world resets, she gets reset to early in the pregnancy, and remains on the roof.

But Ayane was no longer pregnant because her restore point, so to speak, is pre-pregnancy, so when the reset ends, she poofs back to where she should be.

It also makes me curious about the other time we see one of the girls on the roottop (Bluejay). This was a bit earlier before the reset of that cycle, so that could very well be an exception, but pregnancy+rooftop+jump feels awfully.....loop-like. And someone intervened pretty heavily in that scene to put her back on the roof, so it's possible her pregnancy was undone at that point by whoever intervened.
I'm noting the repetition of the theme, not saying he jumped off the roof immediately after the conversation.

But something prompted the jump to start the game, and this is the closest thing we've been given to a motivation.

I am not convinced of the pregnancy, but I am convinced of the interference with Makoto. However, if that is being brought up as another possible pregnancy, why would the gods, who I assume interfered, allow her to live. Even a single prgnancy at this stage would be damning once the other girls find out and confirmed pregnancies can't be hidden forever. That said, there was a reset, so the pregnancy, IF it ever existed, is no more. The gods clearly have plans for Sensei and they aren't about to let anything get in the way.

View attachment 1679365 View attachment 1679366

Do you think she lied? It would be betrayal.
Yes, well, not joking necessarily, but something else that does not confirm pregnancy, of which there are several.

That event, Cold Air of an Encroaching Winter, takes place during the second reset, towards the end of Chapter One of the game. After the first Halloween, before There Is Nothing. The "Ayane was pregnant" theory is about the third reset, since that's the one where she starts acting weird and all the clues are dropped, and includes the fact that at the start of it, right after There Is Nothing and the transition to winter, there is an event where Ayane sneaks into Sensei's room, they have sex, and he finishes inside her (thus guaranteeing that literally everyone who plays LiL will have unprotected sex with Ayane, regardless of what choices they make in repeatable scenes or lust scenes they do). So that means the conversation you're depicting takes place from before Ayane got pregnant.

But seriously, as akselx says:

But I guess some people won't be convinced unless someone literally tells Sensei flat-out that he got Ayane pregnant -- which I guess would have to be Maya, since nobody else knows due to the resets and Sensei is in heavy heavy denial. But hey, we've got Maya events coming tomorrow. It could happen.
That's exactly what I'm waiting for, confirmation. Raw sex is not a guarantee of pregnancy, it is dangerous, but not 100% guaranteed.

Sensei always finishes inside in the repetitive dorm-events from the start of the game.

If she was joking about pregnancy in one cycle - she can do it in all others, only in different forms.

Some people constantly see non-existent things and do not understand the difference between guess and facts.
Very true, yet no pregnancy scares from them.

Again correct, but again I don't think it was a joke or lie, just not true.

Sure, but there's no guarantee that the player did the generic repeatable sex events. You aren't required to. You are required to get Ayane's lust to 5, but you can do that via blowjob without a problem. On the flip side, Patent-Pending is a required event with a non-optional creampie, and that is the reset in which Ayane starts missing school and events because she's feeling ill, telling Sensei there's something important they need to talk about, telling him that soon something will happen where she needs more attention from him, making it to the rooftop, and having a poem about a newborn baby appear in her dorm room. If you have a better explanation for all of those things than "Ayane was pregnant," go ahead and share it -- and "that Ayane, always a kidder" isn't a better explanation, because of the rooftop, Maya's reaction to it, and the poem.

Plus, in the new update released to patrons today, Maya confirmed it, which will hopefully settle this argument once and for all.
But the opportunity exists to do it almost every day.
If the pregnancy in the game was so easy as you think, many girls would be pregnant already.

We'll see.
Agreed on the last point, I have yet to play the new one due to health, but hopefully soon.

We have already seen in version 23.0.
That depends on who you mean by "we" as I have not due to health.

I played the game for a good few days and then just gave up, game felt like a slice of life with some horror elements in it. But I think what really made me put this game off was the grinding, so much grinding and clicks just to see some new scenes and then repeat. Game progress was just becoming painfully slow for me so I was like fuck it I am out.
Your best bet would be to find a type of visual novel called a kinetic novel.

Does anyone still have the character cards by the way?
Yes, but no, those of us who were given them have vowed not to give them away.

Got an email today saying Discord updated their policy and now it straight up says "no loli or shota" and "any users contributing to servers with this content will be banned and reported to authorities". I think it's pretty obvious what's going to be the next road block for LiL.

[rant] I'm so tired of this crap. Discord can do whatever they want, it's their platform. However, threatening to report users to authorities for victimless "crimes" makes me just not want to use the platform anymore for anything. A crime is something that harms another living thing in some way, either financially, physically, or mentally. When laws exist that punish people for victimless crimes, and even ruin their lives in many situations, then that is an abuse of power and goes against why laws exist in the first place. A game like this is completely victimless, and on the positive it's allowing someone to make a living doing something they enjoy. If anyone actually went to jail for viewing, producing, or owning content that doesn't involve real victims, then that really is when I stop caring about what society thinks. It's clear many people have lost touch with what's important and dedicating any resources to such "crimes" is a waste of time, money, and ruins innocent lives. Many other games (as well as huge anime discord communities) are gonna be shut down, it's just a matter of when the SJWs find them and report them. [/rant]

Doubtful that anyone who still has them would share them. I had them back when I supported a long time ago, but I had a hard drive die and lost them. I asked if I could have them back since I still support from time to time and never would share them. I was told he will never share them again. I think he only gives them out to really loyal subscribers now (People who have been on the $100/month tier since the beginning).
The real issue that this brings is patron benefits. Some tiers allow for custom image requests and Discord is by far the easiest distribution method. Also, be careful of Google services, they are doing the same with things like emails. I am very tempted to bring this to his attention.

Hell, in my country, loli isn't even a crime since it isn't real.

Never used them, but what about overtone and raidcall? Aren't they alternatives for discord?

About the game, just to be certain i'm not misinterpreting: all those messages about "something buried beneath your feet" is just a regular foreshadowing to some future event, or the game requires player to click in the scenario somewhere to find whatever shit is buiried? I don't believe the game has a pixel hunt feature, but you never know.
Definitely foreshadowing, but who knows what will happen when we actually get to investigating it.

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
Never used them, but what about overtone and raidcall? Aren't they alternatives for discord?

About the game, just to be certain i'm not misinterpreting: all those messages about "something buried beneath your feet" is just a regular foreshadowing to some future event, or the game requires player to click in the scenario somewhere to find whatever shit is buiried? I don't believe the game has a pixel hunt feature, but you never know.
There's not a pixel hunt, the "something is buried beneath your feet" message is one of the recurring themes, and there's some speculation as to what it actually means (it could be the grave where Ami's parents are buried, the physical location of the room with the clocks, where one of the gods is sleeping, etc).

Reactions: moodle

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
Got an email today saying Discord updated their policy and now it straight up says "no loli or shota" and "any users contributing to servers with this content will be banned and reported to authorities". I think it's pretty obvious what's going to be the next road block for LiL.
Looking over the e-mail itself, there's no mention of this in the summary of changes. It's there when you click on the full guidelines, though -- which tells me that this isn't an actual change, and that restriction's been there on paper for quite some time.

Whether or not its actually enforced is another matter. It could just be something their lawyers had them put in to shield themselves form liability.

HogRocket

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2020
No point in trying with some of these people. They can't grasp subtext and now it's seeming like they can't grasp regular text lmao, like Sel's gone past heavily hinting to straight up confirming at this point
is subtext that really small text they put below the line sometimes like when you write the chemical formula for water? :unsure:

Shiroihanabi

Feb 25, 2022
Doubtful that anyone who still has them would share them. I had them back when I supported a long time ago, but I had a hard drive die and lost them. I asked if I could have them back since I still support from time to time and never would share them. I was told he will never share them again. I think he only gives them out to really loyal subscribers now (People who have been on the $100/month tier since the beginning).
I just find it odd that they don't seem to be ANYWHERE (with one possible exception) given the popularity of the game and the nature of the internet.

GeePic

Nov 22, 2019
hello is it normal to have laggy sex animations or do I just have potato laptop my version is compressed but I have same problem with the regular version too my fps goes from anywhere 8fps-60fps and the animation is always laggy no matter what is the problem with renpy settings or is it my potato laptop this is the first renpy game where the animations were laggy

edit: tried code "lagfix" didn't work laggy animation.PNG settings.PNG

Last edited:

GeePic

Nov 22, 2019
hello is it normal to have laggy sex animations or do I just have potato laptop my version is compressed but I have same problem with the regular version too my fps goes from anywhere 8fps-60fps and the animation is always laggy no matter what is the problem with renpy settings or is it my potato laptop this is the first renpy game where the animations were laggy

edit: tried code "lagfix" didn't work View attachment 1682808 View attachment 1682809
alright, I progressed more in the game and unlocked boobjob for futaba and its animation was smooth so the problem is on the first animations I guess? I will reply to this message when I unlock more animations.

Soucer

Donor
Nov 1, 2019
Lessons in Love 0.23.0 Part 1 (Subscribestar Version)
Removed links as main post has been updated now

Changelog
  • 35k+ Words
  • 300+ Images
  • 12 New Events
  • 4 Maya Events
  • 4 Miku Events
  • 4 Otoha Events
  • 2 New Outfits for Miku
  • Egg
  • New Music
  • Fixes/Changes for Older Content

Last edited:

Akutawaga

Nov 5, 2018
Lessons in Love 0.23.0 Part 1 (Subscribestar Version)
PC/Mac/Patch - MEGA /

Changelog
  • 35k+ Words
  • 300+ Images
  • 12 New Events
  • 4 Maya Events
  • 4 Miku Events
  • 4 Otoha Events
  • 2 New Outfits for Miku
  • Egg
  • New Music
  • Fixes/Changes for Older Content
hero

25thKnight

May 20, 2020
I never tried to use an update patch so I'm going to ask you guys how do you use it? Could you guys give me an explanation or a video on how you do it?

Jimbolance

Nov 19, 2018
I never tried to use an update patch so I'm going to ask you guys how do you use it? Could you guys give me an explanation or a video on how you do it?
- Download and extract the update patch
- take all the contents from the "game" folder of the update patch and put it in the "game" folder of the LiL version released before whatever patch version you are putting in (0.21 part1 -> patch for 0.21 part2 or 0.21 part2 -> patch for 0.22 as examples)
- if it asks you about replacing same-name files, let it
- you're done

• Red Heart
Reactions: 25thKnight

akselx

Mar 29, 2020
Reactions: TwoHeavens
4.20 star(s) 296 Votes