NiWa.GD

Sep 24, 2021
Well I’d recommend not going overboard with Ayane until you return from your first school trip. Other than that just use common sense and you won’t need the mod.

What does it do exactly, anyway?
Advancing Ayane's story is fine. It's Chika that causes another character's path to become suboptimal if you advance it too quickly.
That's what I mean, I searched for a bit and read some stuff about an order in character progression but stopped to not get too spoiled.
But from what you both say, the only thing I need to have caution is to not progressing too much with Chika and Ayane and keep them balanced with the others affection? And the rest is common sense?
And what exactly is common sense? I mean, I stopped playing when
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
, and I stopped because I want to say yes, but I'm affraid that it will have negative repercussions with
, and knowing it's a denpa/horror, the repercussions can be actually really bad. And yes I could just save, watch the scene and then load and pick the other option to "be safe", but if accepting actually doesn't have a negative effect on her, I would like to keep that desition in my game.

forbiddentwo

Jun 20, 2017
That's what I mean, I searched for a bit and read some stuff about an order in character progression but stopped to not get too spoiled.
But from what you both say, the only thing I need to have caution is to not progressing too much with Chika and Ayane and keep them balanced with the others affection? And the rest is common sense?
, and I stopped because I want to say yes, but I'm affraid that it will have negative repercussions with
, and knowing it's a denpa/horror, the repercussions can be actually really bad. And yes I could just save, watch the scene and then load and pick the other option to "be safe", but if accepting actually doesn't have a negative effect on her, I would like to keep that desition in my game.
FWIW the cutoff point for the Chika thing and the Ayane thing is the same. Just don’t talk more than necessary with Chika (bare minimum spoiler follows. I’d argue it doesn’t even count but I guess technically it is one)

• Red Heart
Reactions: NiWa.GD

NiWa.GD

Sep 24, 2021
FWIW the cutoff point for the Chika thing and the Ayane thing is the same. Just don’t talk more than necessary with Chika (bare minimum spoiler follows. I’d argue it doesn’t even count but I guess technically it is one)
And just to be 100% sure, the event that I commented does not have a negative effect?
And well in general:

Last edited:

NiWa.GD

Sep 24, 2021
If you’re very sensitive I’d suggest not doing that but I personally feel like it’s well worth it given the small (so far) scope of the consequences ;).
Yeah, I don't mind if she gets upset but later I make up for it. But I do feel the more the development of the game progresses, the more heavy consequences of past desitions will start to appear, so it's a bit scary.

Anyways, thx so much for the advices.

Reactions: forbiddentwo

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
Yeah, I don't mind if she gets upset but later I make up for it. But I do feel the more the development of the game progresses, the more heavy consequences of past desitions will start to appear, so it's a bit scary.

Anyways, thx so much for the advices.
The game's still in the early game, though it's starting to look like we're about to shift into the midgame. At the most recent point in the story,

But wait, it gets more complicated.

25thKnight

May 20, 2020
a happy scene that can only trigger if you are, and a new character only appears in the scenes she shows up in if optional girls are being pursued, but we don't know what role she plays yet.
Can you provide an image of that new character because I think I might have missed this one and I want to make sure if I really did and thanks in advance

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Does anyone know any similarly well written games? It doesn't have to be like LiL in any way, it just needs the same quality of writing which I feel like is super hard to come by.
Basically all of Caribdis's work, which consists of "Once in a Lifetime" and the currently in progress "Eternum," "Harem Hotel" by Runey, "Sensei Overnight," "Mentor Life," and Altos and Herdone's "The Headmaster" are the ones that currently sit on my top games list with "Lessons in Love."

While we're on the topic of 'similarly well written games', does anyone know of any games that actually treat taboo things as taboo the way this game does, as opposed to say, , where you can

I'll even settle for 'poorly written but at least they don't just shrug shit off and reduce the sex to basically a mechanical action completely devoid of context'.

---

Also, I have a friend who is... well... they chose to play Fate without the sexy stuff turned on. Is the non-subscribestar version of this game suitable for them? I really want to recommend it.
Taboos being treated as taboos is a rarity, especially on F95 given the prevalence of games that just want to give the player the sex stuff right out of the gate. Typically, those types of games don't pay any attention to what is considered taboo and just do it anyway with no mention of the taboo nature of the act.

So far, the only game I have seen that treats the taboos like taboos is this one.

As for the non-SubscribeStar version of this game, if you mean to ask if it does not have sex in it, that is correct, Patreon made Selebus strip a lot out, so in response he made the "huggy boy" version, which has zero sex and is the one not found on SubscribeStar.

First time encountering LiL, the second I got to the 1st "Happy" event, I understood it was a denpa (I missed the Horror tag). I'm not a fan of really bad/sad/disturbing stuff happening in VN's so I avoid horror ones, but damn LiL got me, I wanna keep playing and the mystery of everything only makes it better.

BUT:
I know going blind would be the best choice since I knew nothing about LiL until today and it's my first playthrough, but I wanna protect every single character in the game and get the best route possible, so I wanna play with the guide mod.

So I'm asking to people that has played LiL and used the mod if you think that's ok or if there is something I should know before doing it.
Honestly, it's really a preference thing. I prefer to go in completely blind and risk my entire run on the chance of making even a single mistake, so I don't use the mod, but you do you.

That’s true I guess but I’d argue the missable Ayane scene(s) are more catastrophic.
Not really, so far, going too far with Chika basically locks you out of an entire character while no other character so far has a lock out that bad. That doesn't mean the character Chika locks will remain locked, there's just a whole bunch of changes and so far it seems like you will not be making progress with that character any time in the future.

No, just Chika, Ayane has a missed event if you don't go far enough with her in time. There are no consequences yet, if there will be, for getting with Sara.

Rollback only goes so far and you do risk not being able to roll back far enough to get out of that event and back to the decision point. I had this happen to me on my first run, when there was no beach event yet because it was in the next update.

And just to be 100% sure, the event that I commented does not have a negative effect?
And well in general:
So far, there is no connection between actions taken with Sara and what happens to Sana. That could change, but it has not so far.

If you’re very sensitive I’d suggest not doing that but I personally feel like it’s well worth it given the small (so far) scope of the consequences ;).
I would agree, the only consequence with Sara is for not pursuing her, so it doesn't really warrant being careful with her yet. There might be a consequence with Sana in the future, but we don't know.

The game's still in the early game, though it's starting to look like we're about to shift into the midgame. At the most recent point in the story,

But wait, it gets more complicated.

I forgot about that, all current and former bad homies know what happened the last time a character specifically asked us not to do something.

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
Basically all of Caribdis's work, which consists of "Once in a Lifetime" and the currently in progress "Eternum," "Harem Hotel" by Runey, "Sensei Overnight," "Mentor Life," and Altos and Herdone's "The Headmaster" are the ones that currently sit on my top games list with "Lessons in Love."
Once in a Lifetime was great, I didn't realize Eternum was his follow up. Downloading that now.

Harem Hotel is absolutely top-tier

Tried Headmaster several times and just couldn't get into it.

• Red Heart
Reactions: alex2011 and nyatd

zungax

Jul 22, 2020
Hey, so I was in the middle of the Beach trip (My heart is Full event to be precise) and suddenly it took me to an event in school and now I can't seem to go back to the beach event chain, any advice?

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
Hey, so I was in the middle of the Beach trip (My heart is Full event to be precise) and suddenly it took me to an event in school and now I can't seem to go back to the beach event chain, any advice?
This is a route-pathing bug in an earlier build. Download the latest version. To make sure you don't run into any problems, avoid the compressed version and don't apply any patches (if you download the full-size sex version, you don't need the patches anyway).

Reactions: zungax

Vidaura

Jan 30, 2020
Once in a Lifetime was great, I didn't realize Eternum was his follow up. Downloading that now.

Harem Hotel is absolutely top-tier

Tried Headmaster several times and just couldn't get into it.
"Out of Touch" and "Now and Then" are both very good. "The Last Sovereign" is also good but more mechanically complex, and actually difficult at times.

Reactions: akselx
4.20 star(s) 296 Votes