1804maya

Dec 23, 2021
was using joiplay to play this game, been playing for like 1 month now without issues but today suddenly i was playing for like 2 hours and tried saving my progress but when i try to save in any slot or override any slot i get this error?

1804maya

Dec 23, 2021
was using joiplay to play this game, been playing for like 1 month now without issues but today suddenly i was playing for like 2 hours and tried saving my progress but when i try to save in any slot or override any slot i get this error?
whoops i somehow fixed it i uninstalled the renpy plugin and deleted the persistent save file from the saves folder then reinstalled the renpy plugin then loaded the saves in and it auto generated new persistent file which fixed my issue of saving

van321

Jan 7, 2021
Uta has definitely risen a tier for me in this latest update, and Io has the potential to rise too. There is a Rin-esque train crash you can just make out in the fog inevitable to collide. As much as I like bubbly Uta, I... kind of want to see the fireworks.

I love Karin to death, but her character has remained completely unchanged since Chapter 1. Being a side character is no excuse; just look at Sara and Maki. With Kirin falling for Sensei, Karin ought to be a foil character. Good-hearted and romantic as an automatic attitude (vs Kirin's mischievous, cold, repressive attitude), and sensing Kirin's rising possessiveness and jealousy, Karin gains assertiveness. There was a scene in this update which implied this may be the direction her arc is going, with Karin standing up to Kirin and the latter obviously leaving the conversation feeling hurt that Sensei would "date" Karin. Hopefully the arc keeps momentum.

Reactions: crustlord12

crustlord12

Jun 24, 2020
can anyone with access to the discord reply with the release schedule for the next bit? I know it was posted relatively recently but that could be anywhere up to 20 pages ago

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
can anyone with access to the discord reply with the release schedule for the next bit? I know it was posted relatively recently but that could be anywhere up to 20 pages ago
26p2, estimated release 10/1
3 Main Events
2 Chinami Events
2 Tsukasa Events
2 Wakana Events
2 Osako Events
2 Imani Events

26p3, estimated release 10/15
2 Main Events
4 Ayane Events
4 Sana Events
3 Rin Events

27, Super Mega Ultimate HALLOWEEN Dorm War, estimated release 11/22
19 Main Events
3 Lust Events

28, Christmas on the Beach, estimated release 12/25
19 Main Events
3 Lust Events

Perniciousducks

Aug 21, 2018
The likelihood of anything actually interesting happening aside from more pontificating for the next two releases seems very low based on who's there... Maybe some hope for Sana events, but at best I give it 50%. Beyond that I have doubts.

crustlord12

Jun 24, 2020
The likelihood of anything actually interesting happening aside from more pontificating for the next two releases seems very low based on who's there... Maybe some hope for Sana events, but at best I give it 50%. Beyond that I have doubts.
I feel like you could have said the same, looking at the last update changelog vs what came out

Takerial

Jul 10, 2020
With that many Ayane events and given what just happened with her, I think there's a good chance something is going to happen then. And there's a decent chance the Sana events could mingle with Ayane's.

Perniciousducks

Aug 21, 2018
With that many Ayane events and given what just happened with her, I think there's a good chance something is going to happen then. And there's a decent chance the Sana events could mingle with Ayane's.

I'm sure there will be some mingling, but I was hoping for that with Uta/Io and... eh. My guess is Ayane stuff will mostly be focused on what happened during the last change over and I won't really care about the aforementioned pontificating, but I could be wrong. Based on where Sana was previously things could happen, and I hope they do.

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
I really don't feel like we'll be getting many "single character in a vacuum" scenes. I think a lot of the next two updates are going to be fallout and ripple effects from Yumi attacking Nodoka in class. Any scrutiny into Yumi is going to reveal the fact that Yumi and Chika are not only taking care of a small child, but very frequently leaving her unsupervised. That could easily pull in Tsubasa and Tsukasa, as it wouldn't be hard to convince Tsubasa to take Chinami in while everything gets sorted out (Chinami's medical needs make it difficult to put her into an orphanage or group home environment, but the Tsukioka's can easily provide the kind of clean environment she needs).

Anything that traumatizes Chika is going to ripple out to Rin, because Rin still isn't actually over her and now they're bandmates on top of everything else, so there's a lot of drama potential there.

Imani did not hesitate to call out Sensei's inaction during the fight, and if there's an investigation into faculty, Wakana will get pulled in, too.

So of all the people listed for the next two updates, Sana and Ayane are the only ones who cannot easily be pulled into that fallout. And with Ayane's tendency to talk, odds are good their scenes are going to be all about Ayane saying too much near Sana about the resets and dealing with the fallout from that (well, that and her trying to NOT sleep with Sensei only making it that much more likely to happen, because not being able to do the thing you love makes you want it that much more).

Honestly, that fight will probably ripple through the whole of Chapter 3.

Perniciousducks

Aug 21, 2018
I really don't feel like we'll be getting many "single character in a vacuum" scenes. I think a lot of the next two updates are going to be fallout and ripple effects from Yumi attacking Nodoka in class. Any scrutiny into Yumi is going to reveal the fact that Yumi and Chika are not only taking care of a small child, but very frequently leaving her unsupervised. That could easily pull in Tsubasa and Tsukasa, as it wouldn't be hard to convince Tsubasa to take Chinami in while everything gets sorted out (Chinami's medical needs make it difficult to put her into an orphanage or group home environment, but the Tsukioka's can easily provide the kind of clean environment she needs).

Anything that traumatizes Chika is going to ripple out to Rin, because Rin still isn't actually over her and now they're bandmates on top of everything else, so there's a lot of drama potential there.

Imani did not hesitate to call out Sensei's inaction during the fight, and if there's an investigation into faculty, Wakana will get pulled in, too.

So of all the people listed for the next two updates, Sana and Ayane are the only ones who cannot easily be pulled into that fallout. And with Ayane's tendency to talk, odds are good their scenes are going to be all about Ayane saying too much near Sana about the resets and dealing with the fallout from that (well, that and her trying to NOT sleep with Sensei only making it that much more likely to happen, because not being able to do the thing you love makes you want it that much more).

Honestly, that fight will probably ripple through the whole of Chapter 3.
I don't find that to be true, it already hasn't been. What I've seen is an offhand mention or some rationalization happening for part of a scene of whatever character, including two directly involved with it and then going into single character vacuum scenes. Perhaps there will be a bit, but I don't think it's going to be much of a major rippling event that greatly effects anyone aside from Yumi. It'll get mentioned and may come to a head in the upcoming dorm wars, but will otherwise just fade into an introspective nihilistic vacuum.

ElukiaTV

Mar 11, 2019
26p2, estimated release 10/1
3 Main Events
2 Chinami Events
2 Tsukasa Events
2 Wakana Events
2 Osako Events
2 Imani Events

26p3, estimated release 10/15
2 Main Events
4 Ayane Events
4 Sana Events
3 Rin Events

27, Super Mega Ultimate HALLOWEEN Dorm War, estimated release 11/22
19 Main Events
3 Lust Events

28, Christmas on the Beach, estimated release 12/25
19 Main Events
3 Lust Events
Wakana and Osasko Events... and Imani..
ME AWAKE!

mannice431

Jun 14, 2017
I've been going through some older scenes and mention of an upside down house with a bunch of girls and "grey food" (whatever that means) keeps popping up, any idea what any of this means?

Mentions show up quite often with a bunch of different characters.

fdsasdf_p

Apr 24, 2021
I've been going through some older scenes and mention of an upside down house with a bunch of girls and "grey food" (whatever that means) keeps popping up, any idea what any of this means?

Mentions show up quite often with a bunch of different characters.
I don’t think there is a clear answer yet. At first I thought it was some kind of hint reminiscing Sensei’s past; that idea was quickly scratched because it makes little sense for it to appear in front of girls not related to the past, girls like Futaba or girl groups during TV time (forgot which girls, I think there were Kirin and Noriko, and Otoha perhaps?)

I am more concerned about HOW upside down house and the grey food were mentioned. Futaba was weirded out by the form of an involuntary poem appeared out of nowhere. Nodoka mentioned about grey food during one of her “episodes”. Both of the examples have the unsettling feeling that is what LiL likes to offer (the exception there was how Kirin and Noriko were discussing it normally like a movie night). IIRC there is a happy scene about it as well. So I think it means more to imply something for the PLAYER to guess and find out, not any character in the game.

I need to revisit that Kirin/Noriko event to recap what the plot of the upside down house movie is about, but my current guess is that this is a roundabout way to symbolize what type of life or what type of world Sensei now has or in, and the grey food is Sensei??? (Was there a part in the movie where all girls trying to eat grey food?)

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
I don’t think there is a clear answer yet. At first I thought it was some kind of hint reminiscing Sensei’s past; that idea was quickly scratched because it makes little sense for it to appear in front of girls not related to the past, girls like Futaba or girl groups during TV time (forgot which girls, I think there were Kirin and Noriko, and Otoha perhaps?)

I am more concerned about HOW upside down house and the grey food were mentioned. Futaba was weirded out by the form of an involuntary poem appeared out of nowhere. Nodoka mentioned about grey food during one of her “episodes”. Both of the examples have the unsettling feeling that is what LiL likes to offer (the exception there was how Kirin and Noriko were discussing it normally like a movie night). IIRC there is a happy scene about it as well. So I think it means more to imply something for the PLAYER to guess and find out, not any character in the game.

I need to revisit that Kirin/Noriko event to recap what the plot of the upside down house movie is about, but my current guess is that this is a roundabout way to symbolize what type of life or what type of world Sensei now has or in, and the grey food is Sensei??? (Was there a part in the movie where all girls trying to eat grey food?)
The major point I remember from that scene is that Noriko had seen the movie before, but didn't remember the food being grey, that it had somehow changed, and that there were other minor differences as well. So much so that she begins to doubt that she'd seen this particular movie at all.

fdsasdf_p

Apr 24, 2021
Finally there is some worthy update for the token maid all-talk Uta!

I am probably the only person that finds Uta uninteresting, seeing how her previous interactions and events with Sensei bare almost zero progress either towards the wholesome side or train wreck side due to the lack of lores or inner demon to deal with (until now) in her persona.
Plus, the comedic value was quickly all gone because most of her events were endless bantering with Sensei. The only few occasions memorable in my eyes were her class introduction and rap battle, but holy shit those were hilarious LOL.

With all things said, however, Uta’s issues still seem to be introduced out of nowhere, a little bit forced to me TBH. Her more obvious trait other than flirtatious has always been how she breezes through her family issues (more specifically, how she casually talked about her grandpa’s pass), NOT the impulse she suddenly decides to tell or being handsy on Sensei almost exclusively starting from this update. She also intentionally described her impulse very elusively, so in a way I thank HOPE for sending nudes to help my dumbass brain finally understand

I went back and check if there is anything hidden in the past events:
There was of course the accidental almost kiss in the karaoke;
There was a winter beach event when Niki came to visit, and Uta seemed to be upset by the fact that Niki was Sensei’s ex;
There was a Christmas event with Uta, Touka, Tsuneyo, and Molly. Molly asked if Uta had anything old picture of hers and she said no with a weird attitude uncaught by others. This is the only hint I found (if there is more pls lemme know).

The current understanding and theory about her are:
1. She had a stalker problem that led to her brother’s imprisonment. It might also be a partial cause of her being in Kumomi, as she stated it was like being sent away from her family in Nara to “deal with issues”.
2. Her stalker problem was originated from the fact that she took nudes of herself (don’t remember right now if she sent them herself or got leaked)
3. She’s probably a horn dog, or already has a crush on Sensei like everyone else, but restrains herself from acting for the sake of others, and that restraint is getting weaker. This could also be a potential reason why she came to Kumomi because she wanted to meet Io when she thought Io was a boy.
4. Not really know what to think about the grandpa part. I couldn’t figure out a sensible way to include him into the nude or stalker drama, so it might be just a formal convenient reason for her to be here.
5. She’s been differentiating Uta-Chan from Uta. This might be a coping mechanism for her issues or, as ppl suggested, a development of a split personality. Though it might be interesting that it was the “other Uta” that sent Sensei the nude because it was from her phone, I still think the kick is stronger and much more fitting to the tone of this game if it was HOPE who’s behind it.

Unfortunately it looks like we’ll be kept hanging for a while on the matter. I just hope that next time we advance her story her urges regarding nudes or her relationship with Sensei will be full blown or at least spicier, for even though it starts to go somewhere, I think this update of hers is still quite mild for me.

4.20 star(s) 296 Votes