van321

Jan 7, 2021
Finally there is some worthy update for the token maid all-talk Uta!

I am probably the only person that finds Uta uninteresting, seeing how her previous interactions and events with Sensei bare almost zero progress either towards the wholesome side or train wreck side due to the lack of lores or inner demon to deal with (until now) in her persona.
Plus, the comedic value was quickly all gone because most of her events were endless bantering with Sensei. The only few occasions memorable in my eyes were her class introduction and rap battle, but holy shit those were hilarious LOL.

With all things said, however, Uta’s issues still seem to be introduced out of nowhere, a little bit forced to me TBH. Her more obvious trait other than flirtatious has always been how she breezes through her family issues (more specifically, how she casually talked about her grandpa’s pass), NOT the impulse she suddenly decides to tell or being handsy on Sensei almost exclusively starting from this update. She also intentionally described her impulse very elusively, so in a way I thank HOPE for sending nudes to help my dumbass brain finally understand

I went back and check if there is anything hidden in the past events:
There was of course the accidental almost kiss in the karaoke;
There was a winter beach event when Niki came to visit, and Uta seemed to be upset by the fact that Niki was Sensei’s ex;
There was a Christmas event with Uta, Touka, Tsuneyo, and Molly. Molly asked if Uta had anything old picture of hers and she said no with a weird attitude uncaught by others. This is the only hint I found (if there is more pls lemme know).

The current understanding and theory about her are:
1. She had a stalker problem that led to her brother’s imprisonment. It might also be a partial cause of her being in Kumomi, as she stated it was like being sent away from her family in Nara to “deal with issues”.
2. Her stalker problem was originated from the fact that she took nudes of herself (don’t remember right now if she sent them herself or got leaked)
3. She’s probably a horn dog, or already has a crush on Sensei like everyone else, but restrains herself from acting for the sake of others, and that restraint is getting weaker. This could also be a potential reason why she came to Kumomi because she wanted to meet Io when she thought Io was a boy.
4. Not really know what to think about the grandpa part. I couldn’t figure out a sensible way to include him into the nude or stalker drama, so it might be just a formal convenient reason for her to be here.
5. She’s been differentiating Uta-Chan from Uta. This might be a coping mechanism for her issues or, as ppl suggested, a development of a split personality. Though it might be interesting that it was the “other Uta” that sent Sensei the nude because it was from her phone, I still think the kick is stronger and much more fitting to the tone of this game if it was HOPE who’s behind it.

Unfortunately it looks like we’ll be kept hanging for a while on the matter. I just hope that next time we advance her story her urges regarding nudes or her relationship with Sensei will be full blown or at least spicier, for even though it starts to go somewhere, I think this update of hers is still quite mild for me.
I held a very similar of Uta to yours. But I feel like we haven't seen much of "Uta" at all before the karaoke incident, and since then the "Uta-chan" mask is harder and harder to keep up around Sensei. In Io's event "Amongst Other Things", Io mentions "[Uta] is amazing...in that she got better." That the two roommates are two sides of the same coin of teenage anxiety has been telegraphed for a while. For Io, anxiety leading to isolation. For Uta, anxiety leading to impulsivity.

In the Uta event "Veins and the Circulatory System" (the karaoke event), Uta says "the real Uta's not gonna be ready for the stuff you wanna do with her for a long time."

I highly doubt a split personality. I think she "got over" whatever mental issues plagued her in the past by putting up this strong persona "Uta-chan", as Io suggested, but barely, and she is holding onto control with loose fingers. I do think Hope sent the picture, since the phone can't send pictures, in an effort to get this train derailed even sooner.

Reactions: fdsasdf_p

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
I held a very similar of Uta to yours. But I feel like we haven't seen much of "Uta" at all before the karaoke incident, and since then the "Uta-chan" mask is harder and harder to keep up around Sensei. In Io's event "Amongst Other Things", Io mentions "[Uta] is amazing...in that she got better." That the two roommates are two sides of the same coin of teenage anxiety has been telegraphed for a while. For Io, anxiety leading to isolation. For Uta, anxiety leading to impulsivity.

In the Uta event "Veins and the Circulatory System" (the karaoke event), Uta says "the real Uta's not gonna be ready for the stuff you wanna do with her for a long time."

I highly doubt a split personality. I think she "got over" whatever mental issues plagued her in the past by putting up this strong persona "Uta-chan", as Io suggested, but barely, and she is holding onto control with loose fingers. I do think Hope sent the picture, since the phone can't send pictures, in an effort to get this train derailed even sooner.
I think "teenage anxiety" is not even close to what's going on with Io and Uta. Io mentions at the end of the Halloween 2 series that she's an eggshell. She's not just broken, all the good and interesting bits have been taken away.

They both have significant childhood trauma. Uta has largely been able to heal. Io very clearly hasn't, and doesn't seem willing to. I haven't played this update yet, but from reading comments here, it sounds like we get an inkling of what Uta's was, but we still don't know what happened to Io to make her how she is.

As for Uta vs Uta-Chan, it's not uncommon for people whose jobs require them to behave in a way contrary to their true selves to put on a mask and compartimentalize everything. It's not a split personality, it's a mask, and it's a mask Uta wears very well. But sometimes when you wear a mask too well, you start to forget that you're wearing it. The extreme example would be the undercover cop who gets too deep into his role in the mob, but eventually Uta is going to become Uta-Chan. Probably some time very soon. She simply has to wear that mask too often.

jamyong

Jun 9, 2022
Finally there is some worthy update for the token maid all-talk Uta!

I am probably the only person that finds Uta uninteresting, seeing how her previous interactions and events with Sensei bare almost zero progress either towards the wholesome side or train wreck side due to the lack of lores or inner demon to deal with (until now) in her persona.
Plus, the comedic value was quickly all gone because most of her events were endless bantering with Sensei. The only few occasions memorable in my eyes were her class introduction and rap battle, but holy shit those were hilarious LOL.

With all things said, however, Uta’s issues still seem to be introduced out of nowhere, a little bit forced to me TBH. Her more obvious trait other than flirtatious has always been how she breezes through her family issues (more specifically, how she casually talked about her grandpa’s pass), NOT the impulse she suddenly decides to tell or being handsy on Sensei almost exclusively starting from this update. She also intentionally described her impulse very elusively, so in a way I thank HOPE for sending nudes to help my dumbass brain finally understand

I went back and check if there is anything hidden in the past events:
There was of course the accidental almost kiss in the karaoke;
There was a winter beach event when Niki came to visit, and Uta seemed to be upset by the fact that Niki was Sensei’s ex;
There was a Christmas event with Uta, Touka, Tsuneyo, and Molly. Molly asked if Uta had anything old picture of hers and she said no with a weird attitude uncaught by others. This is the only hint I found (if there is more pls lemme know).

The current understanding and theory about her are:
1. She had a stalker problem that led to her brother’s imprisonment. It might also be a partial cause of her being in Kumomi, as she stated it was like being sent away from her family in Nara to “deal with issues”.
2. Her stalker problem was originated from the fact that she took nudes of herself (don’t remember right now if she sent them herself or got leaked)
3. She’s probably a horn dog, or already has a crush on Sensei like everyone else, but restrains herself from acting for the sake of others, and that restraint is getting weaker. This could also be a potential reason why she came to Kumomi because she wanted to meet Io when she thought Io was a boy.
4. Not really know what to think about the grandpa part. I couldn’t figure out a sensible way to include him into the nude or stalker drama, so it might be just a formal convenient reason for her to be here.
5. She’s been differentiating Uta-Chan from Uta. This might be a coping mechanism for her issues or, as ppl suggested, a development of a split personality. Though it might be interesting that it was the “other Uta” that sent Sensei the nude because it was from her phone, I still think the kick is stronger and much more fitting to the tone of this game if it was HOPE who’s behind it.

Unfortunately it looks like we’ll be kept hanging for a while on the matter. I just hope that next time we advance her story her urges regarding nudes or her relationship with Sensei will be full blown or at least spicier, for even though it starts to go somewhere, I think this update of hers is still quite mild for me.
I personally don't find Uta's issues to be appearing out of nowhere. They've been sufficiently foreshadowed imo. In addition to what you already mentioned, there was the event in the mall where Uta is visibly upset after Sensei leaves with Maki when he was originally there with her, Miku, and someone else (can't remember who rn) and she was in the middle of trying to get him to spend more time with them and go do something else. And then well before that event, when Sensei first gets her number, she mentions that her phone is incapable of sending pictures.

I think the reason that it may appear that her issues are surfacing all of a sudden is because of Sensei's approach towards her. Uta has been Uta-chan the cafe maid in his eyes since the beginning and he hasn't every really paid her character much mind besides his lascivious insistence on marrying her because of his love for maids. It's not until Sensei gets close to Io, whom he sees a lot of himself in, that Uta becomes more of an actual person in his eyes. Io also mentions to him that she (meaning Uta) got better and refused to really elaborate on that. And that was many updates ago. So all in all, there have been plenty of breadcrumbs dropped since she became part of the main cast that point towards there being something up with Uta and her past, but it's just never been much of a concern for Sensei until now, and so he never really monologued about Uta the person. It was always mostly just taking Uta chan at face value and not looking much deeper than that.

PrimeGuy

Dec 16, 2019
The major point I remember from that scene is that Noriko had seen the movie before, but didn't remember the food being grey, that it had somehow changed, and that there were other minor differences as well. So much so that she begins to doubt that she'd seen this particular movie at all.
I honestly thought that this was references to some other VN.

PrimeGuy

Dec 16, 2019
I personally don't find Uta's issues to be appearing out of nowhere. They've been sufficiently foreshadowed imo. In addition to what you already mentioned, there was the event in the mall where Uta is visibly upset after Sensei leaves with Maki when he was originally there with her, Miku, and someone else (can't remember who rn) and she was in the middle of trying to get him to spend more time with them and go do something else. And then well before that event, when Sensei first gets her number, she mentions that her phone is incapable of sending pictures.

I think the reason that it may appear that her issues are surfacing all of a sudden is because of Sensei's approach towards her. Uta has been Uta-chan the cafe maid in his eyes since the beginning and he hasn't every really paid her character much mind besides his lascivious insistence on marrying her because of his love for maids. It's not until Sensei gets close to Io, whom he sees a lot of himself in, that Uta becomes more of an actual person in his eyes. Io also mentions to him that she (meaning Uta) got better and refused to really elaborate on that. And that was many updates ago. So all in all, there have been plenty of breadcrumbs dropped since she became part of the main cast that point towards there being something up with Uta and her past, but it's just never been much of a concern for Sensei until now, and so he never really monologued about Uta the person. It was always mostly just taking Uta chan at face value and not looking much deeper than that.
I remember her talking about her brother being in jail, too - and I remember thinking it odd that she didn't seem ashamed of that fact, or him. Now I know why.

fdsasdf_p

Apr 24, 2021

Good catch on Uta's reaction toward Maki during that evet, completely forgot about that!
(the name of the event is Food Groups btw. Revisiting the event made me realized that there was a close-up shot of Uta illustrating whatever insecurity she was experiencing, so it must meant something indeed)

I agree with the subtle clues here and there about Uta's issues, I guess what I thought was a hard segue is to connect her issues with these seemingly "normal" emotional reactions as a teenage girl who craves attention or affection (talking about her being upset by Maki or Niki showing up).

It could just be that Uta simply didn't want to act upon her own affinity toward Sensei for the genuine sake of everyone around, but still can't help feeling insecure when others act upon it; there isn't necessary for any of her issue to be involved during the process. We thought there could be issues involved because Io plain told us that Uta used to have certain issues, and these were the few occasions potentially applicable. While I have no doubt that there has to have issues involved, not knowing exactly what her issues are definitely isn't helping me connect the dots.

Perhaps, she considers moving closer toward Sensei (both emotionally and physically) counts as a type of impulsive behavior, an action that she must fight against due to the traumatic outcome in her youth by wearing another persona. But until future update gives more details on her issues, I guess I'll remain slightly confused. Perhaps I simply have become less patient and much more insatiable like HOPE during the latest summer :devilish:

However, I do like what you described there about how Sensei originally only saw Uta as Uta-chan and now more as Uta herself, hence explaining the lack of Sensei's deeper monologue toward Uta as herself and why all her issues seemingly surface only all at once now because of a shift in his focus at a different persona. (y)
Based on that, I also think it's possible that her issues sorta only emerge now because she has been pretty successful playing as Uta-chan in the old chapters up until now we enter Ch3. The other subtle clue I found is during Creatures of Habit, Uta stated "it's been a while since I've done any of the stuff old Uta was into", "And I've been feeling kinda...nostalgic lately...or something", "Like history is kind of repeating itself?" So Uta probably finds it harder to keep being Uta-chan and to keep old Uta at bay around Sensei, and thus harder to fight against acting upon her impulses. The reason why she feels like going back to her old self remains to be unknown; because of her feelings becoming more uncontainable? or because a certain god has stopped being dormant?

Reactions: jamyong

buff

May 29, 2017
There was a scene in this update which implied this may be the direction her arc is going, with Karin standing up to Kirin and the latter obviously leaving the conversation feeling hurt that Sensei would "date" Karin. Hopefully the arc keeps momentum.
What scares me is that Karin is the one girl that could really make Kirin actually feel jealous. We know Kirin is capable of cruelty, but so far has never really tried to hurt anyone-- just been incredibly selfish and callous. If she decides she *wants* to hurt Karin, it's gonna be so, so bad.

Reactions: crustlord12
Sep 26, 2018
The only game on this site i played exclusively for the plot.

That's the single highest praise i can give to a game i think. It also made me crave noodles alot, and i'm jealous of Kaori's massive cock.

Reactions: crustlord12

jamyong

Jun 9, 2022
The only game on this site i played exclusively for the plot.

That's the single highest praise i can give to a game i think. It also made me crave noodles alot, and i'm jealous of Kaori's massive cock.
Sensei Overnight also fills that niche for me. Check that out if you haven't already. At first it seems like it is very heavily influenced by LiL, but I think at this point it has sufficiently become its own thing and I'm similarly intrigued by the plot and where it'll end up

Reactions: Vizer007
Sep 26, 2018
Sensei Overnight also fills that niche for me. Check that out if you haven't already. At first it seems like it is very heavily influenced by LiL, but I think at this point it has sufficiently become its own thing and I'm similarly intrigued by the plot and where it'll end up
I'll check that out, thanks.

Vizer007

Oct 15, 2019
With all these Uta talks, for all we know, maybe she was the stalker all along, falling in unrequianted love, sending nudes to the poor guy and harrasing him, but when the guy finally bent and tryed to have sex with her (teens, they do shit without thinking, hormones), she just gone full stop, runned away and told her brother that the dude pretty much raped her (maybe just conveyed it in the way that it can be assumed as such, not on purpose) and then it turned the way it did. Bro breaking the kids skull, making the guy disabled/dead, and got himseld in jail.
Well, actually I am sure that this is not what happend in the game, lol. But the sad thing, I am sure that something like that may have happened in reality somewhere.

4.20 star(s) 296 Votes