Jul 22, 2019
I just started playing LiL this week, and after a few hours went straight to Subscribestar and signed up at the $10 level because wow.
Also I think I already need therapy, and I'm not even through the first chapter.
I did seem to screw the install up by applying both the subscriber bonus and cckerberos's progress mod. Reverting just to the progress mod for now.
I've searched through the discussion here and on the discord and see a lot of awesome stuff that's very hard to decipher after the fact while avoiding spoilers. (In fact, I walked straight into an enormous spoiler withing minutes. *sigh*) So...is there a (relatively) spoiler free guide to strategy? The progress mod helps with the step-by-step tactics. I'm just eager to maximize the combination of lewds and weirds, not to mention maximizing the size of the harem. I'm happy to keep searching - not looking for hand-holding, just a pointer in the right direction. TIA.
Now back to the dorms!
I don't think there's a needed strat or anything, just keeping love and lust values high enough for events is enough most of the time. There's a few points where you need to do (or not do) something before another event, but they're fairly well labelled.

Outside of those it's really just doing events as they become available

• Red Heart
Reactions: Sirrah

jamyong

Jun 9, 2022
I just started playing LiL this week, and after a few hours went straight to Subscribestar and signed up at the $10 level because wow.
Also I think I already need therapy, and I'm not even through the first chapter.
I did seem to screw the install up by applying both the subscriber bonus and cckerberos's progress mod. Reverting just to the progress mod for now.
I've searched through the discussion here and on the discord and see a lot of awesome stuff that's very hard to decipher after the fact while avoiding spoilers. (In fact, I walked straight into an enormous spoiler withing minutes. *sigh*) So...is there a (relatively) spoiler free guide to strategy? The progress mod helps with the step-by-step tactics. I'm just eager to maximize the combination of lewds and weirds, not to mention maximizing the size of the harem. I'm happy to keep searching - not looking for hand-holding, just a pointer in the right direction. TIA.
Now back to the dorms!
you're already using the guide mod which would be my first suggestion. besides that, utilize the wiki on top of that to orient yourself. the wiki is super helpful.
most character events are blocked off in increments of 5 affection and major major main events typically require you to have seen all of the available character events up to that point. if you're priority is not missing anything, i'd grind out (or edit your savefile with the renpy mod) a shit ton of affection and lust (if applicable to that character) and pay attention to when certain characters in the game make requests of you that you as the player can actually control. after all, even though pursuing pretty much every girl is required, exactly when you decide to pursue their events is in your control.

jamyong

Jun 9, 2022
I'm surprised more people aren't talking about Yasu's reveal about Sensei's mother being Saki, the girl from the 5th happy event Admittedly, at first I thought she was referring to the teacher that molested him/his brother's wife/ami's mom which would have been quite the mindfuck, and so it is a bit less of a crazy reveal, but I'm curious as to what sort of implications that her being his mother will have. Has she even appeared in the game since that event?

As for Ami, man oh man am I anxiously waiting/dreading that little switch of hers to flip and for her to kill somebody. I think with everything that's occupying Sensei's time and attention, she'll continue being pushed gradually to the backburner of his mind and she's gonna fucking lose it. It was weird to me that she didn't wake him up on the first day of the dorm war, and when someone (I already forgot who) pointed out that they thought he and Ami would have came together to the venue, that struck me as odd too. Sensei spent practically no time with Ami during the 2nd war that has him as the prize, and she also lost and clearly feels bad about it. I know that her snapping is an inevitability, but it does seem to me that we're rapidly approaching it happening.

And then there's the Yumi situation. I have no fucking clue what just happened there. I can't tell if we jumped into the future or the past or rather to a parallel present. Was it a full on reset, or maybe just a partial one? Why did it cut to her in Sensei's office with her blazer undone? Why is Sana the only girl in the background at the beach who is staring at us while Ayane says we have a problem? Why does it look like Maya is just now learning that there is a problem? Ayane is delivering the news, not Maya, and that's definitely purposeful.

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
Now back to the dorms!
There are a couple of traps you can easily fall into, and I don't use the guide mod so I don't know if it steers you away from them.

1) Don't progress too far with Chika too early. If you're already past the first beach trip, you're golden and you can ignore this, but if you're not there yet, listen to Rin and back off for now.
2) In Chapter 2, you'll be advised to spend some time with a certain character before going on a trip with a different one. Spend a LOT of time with that character, not just 1-2 scenes. If you don't spend enough time with her before the trip, it will lock you out of content in chapter 3.
3) As a general rule, pay attention to what the game tells you. If it tells you to do X before Y, make sure you do X before Y. if it tells you a piece of info is important, write it down. Treat this like a 1990s adventure game, the developer definitely took cues from that style of game design when working on certain elements of the game.
4) When a new repeatable sex scene unlocks, do it a few times. "Lust scenes" are a type of scene in the game where you get one shot to unlock it -- the game checks the girl's Lust score, and if it's not high enough, you lose the scene permanently. Unlike affection, which works in multiples of 5, Lust can sometimes work in multiples of 10, so it's not a bad idea to grind out 10 lust as soon as the stat unlocks for a character (or use a save editor to set it to 30, which I THINK is the highest needed for any content currently in the game for any of the girls).

• Red Heart
Reactions: Sirrah

fdsasdf_p

Apr 24, 2021
I'm surprised more people aren't talking about Yasu's reveal about Sensei's mother being Saki, the girl from the 5th happy event Admittedly, at first I thought she was referring to the teacher that molested him/his brother's wife/ami's mom which would have been quite the mindfuck, and so it is a bit less of a crazy reveal, but I'm curious as to what sort of implications that her being his mother will have. Has she even appeared in the game since that event?
Yea Yasu casually delivering the name Saki is kinda mind-fucked for me. The whole time I thought the Saki we saw at Happy event 5 is simply a dream sequence involving some crossovers of Sel's previous game, and was of no importance. If she is actually Sensei's mom, maybe his dad's name is Yuu? (but maybe it's just a coincidence in naming, as the Saki in the 5th Happy event is described as "one-dimension less" or "2D"; also she seems to be very sweet nature)

I am also curious about the other questions.

First is Sensei's age, as Yasu apparently is told a seemingly impossible number. Maybe it's an insanely large number if her God accumulatively counts all the time "Sensei" spent during countless resets, or a single digit number since "this iteration" only went through this much of time.

The other is where Sensei used to tutor. Yasu knows several places, and two of which are very naughty. It's more likely it's the tutor and his students being naughty rather than the location itself, so this might be pointing at Maya. What I am wondering is if it's simply Sensei and Maya did naughty things at two different locations, or if there existed another person Sensei was doing naughty things with.

And we're so close to find out who Sensei really loves! But it's probably just Sekai if Yasu decides not to say :p

And then there's the Yumi situation. I have no fucking clue what just happened there. I can't tell if we jumped into the future or the past or rather to a parallel present. Was it a full on reset, or maybe just a partial one? Why did it cut to her in Sensei's office with her blazer undone? Why is Sana the only girl in the background at the beach who is staring at us while Ayane says we have a problem? Why does it look like Maya is just now learning that there is a problem? Ayane is delivering the news, not Maya, and that's definitely purposeful.
My take is Sensei is suddenly talking to multiple parallel Yumi in present, past, and future (I feel this explains nothing LOL); how or why it happens is completely beyond me. There seems to be 1) a suspended Yumi wondering outside at night, 2) a suspended Yumi who came to school(?), 3) a not suspended Yumi in Sensei's office with her blazer undone, and finally 4) a Yumi with her swimsuit at the beach.

I thought these would definitely parallel Yumis, especially in 3) because Sensei never reached this type of stage in his relationship with hers. It is still possible that what happened in 3) is in fact how Sensei used to give her detentions, but I feel like if this is the case she would definitely just kill Sensei any chance she got at the very beginning, and would definitely stop Chika from falling for Sensei (Plus, in one of the past events there shortly appeared an alternative Yumi who was ok to make out with Sensei, certifying the possibility).

As for Maya's reaction, I thought this is just something she has never experienced in her countless times inside the cycle, and she is too shocked by it to deliver the news before Ayane does. As for Sana, yea I don't know if it hints somethin; maybe that's goddamn DAISY again? :ROFLMAO: (now I notice that Tsuenyo seems to being looking over where Sensei is as well :eek:)

Jul 22, 2019
First is Sensei's age, as Yasu apparently is told a seemingly impossible number. Maybe it's an insanely large number if her God accumulatively counts all the time "Sensei" spent during countless resets, or a single digit number since "this iteration" only went through this much of time.
I'd think if it was just counting time as the "real" Sensei that it would include his life before the loops, though no real reason to believe that either way. Does work as more proof she's got no idea what's going on at all though.

Why is Sana the only girl in the background at the beach who is staring at us while Ayane says we have a problem? Why does it look like Maya is just now learning that there is a problem? Ayane is delivering the news, not Maya, and that's definitely purposeful.
It seems fairly sudden, super possible Maya is just shocked by the change of events. She reacts similarly with anything that seems out of normal with the loops, doesn't she?

Hard to say with Sana considering the stuff in Ad Infinitum, but she could also just be looking to Ayane considering she's just kind of standing alone with a fairly neutral expression.

Reactions: Wardtnaci

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
My reading was that it was an impossibly large number because of the time loops.

Or an even more impossibly large number because he's a god (theory only at this point)

The other is where Sensei used to tutor. Yasu knows several places, and two of which are very naughty. It's more likely it's the tutor and his students being naughty rather than the location itself, so this might be pointing at Maya. What I am wondering is if it's simply Sensei and Maya did naughty things at two different locations, or if there existed another person Sensei was doing naughty things with.
IIRC, Noriko actually mentions that the dingy apartment he tutored her in was sketchy, so it's very possible that Yasu is speaking literally -- he may have rented room in a building that served as a brothel, sex shop or something similar.

And we're so close to find out who Sensei really loves! But it's probably just Sekai if Yasu decides not to say :p
Yasu's comment confirms for me that "Sekai" is not her real name. If bad things would happen if Yasu said the name, then bad things would also happen if Sensei READS the name, which means the name on the gravestone is not her actual name, and "Sekai" is most likely a term of endearment.

Interesting note -- I replayed the scene before answering, and it cuts off completely prior to the question about Sensei's mother.

Which means that question only gets asked when certain flags are set.

That isn't something I expected to be flag-dependent.

Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
Interesting note -- I replayed the scene before answering, and it cuts off completely prior to the question about Sensei's mother.

Which means that question only gets asked when certain flags are set.

That isn't something I expected to be flag-dependent.
Odd, i just went in and skipped to the scene in a save to see what flag URM threw up and it never threw any flag up, there is no flag trigger for that so my guess is the replay just ends early for some reason.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: fdsasdf_p

LuisD

Aug 28, 2021
Odd, i just went in and skipped to the scene in a save to see what flag URM threw up and it never threw any flag up, there is no flag trigger for that so my guess is the replay just ends early for some reason.
Yup, it's exactly that. I've just checked the code and the replay ends just before Yasu says "Saki"

Reactions: Bingoogus

k1n5l4y3r

Jun 20, 2018
is that the same for the Imani bathroom scene? or is it depending on Ayane flag? I tried getting to the scene in the replay and it stops just before.

Raf-Raf

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 4, 2019
Finally, a good reason to replay events...
Was it worth it? Yeah? Sanity's overrated anyway.

But goddemmet, you really want me to screenshot and manually type that darn IP address? :KEK:

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
If that's true then the fact that "Sekai" means "World" is definitely significant. Like the world was broken when Sekai was broken or something.
By the time of the accident, I think she was quite literally the only thing he cared about in the world, so "she was his world" in a metaphorical and close-but-not-quite literal sense. And Ami's stories of her life with Sensei after the accident make it clear that her death broke him.

There's also the small matter that at another point, Sekai is used in hexcode to address either us or Sensei in one of the happy scenes/glitches, which adds to the "not an actual name" argument.

Reactions: Drakel

Raf-Raf

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 4, 2019
There's a lot more of that down the road.
Yeah, I'm kinda stuck on username part.
Nothing a few cactus deepthroats and head wallbanging won't fix.

ED:
Omfg, it's the same thing I've been hearing over and over and somehow it didn't click until I started going insane by repeating the word username in my head over and over.

Last edited:

Juvano

Jan 20, 2020
Sorry, I know this sounds lazy but does anyone want to share the save ver [v0.26.0] without the miss event, my save distance is too far to repeat Nodoka's "So Far Below" event. I really appreciate if anyone wants to share the save. thanks

Kagitane

Feb 8, 2021
I'm sure that this topic has been touched upon, but still I would like to know your opinion. I'm currently reviewing the "clock room" and here user2 is shown as a computer with a bowl of ramen and a sparrow - can this be taken as confirmation of user2's identity (the god of wires) as Tsunei's father?

akselx

Mar 29, 2020
I'm sure that this topic has been touched upon, but still I would like to know your opinion. I'm currently reviewing the "clock room" and here user2 is shown as a computer with a bowl of ramen and a sparrow - can this be taken as confirmation of user2's identity (the god of wires) as Tsunei's father?
It's no more of a confirmation then Nozomu being Sensei's brother.

k1n5l4y3r

Jun 20, 2018
Sorry, I know this sounds lazy but does anyone want to share the save ver [v0.26.0] without the miss event, my save distance is too far to repeat Nodoka's "So Far Below" event. I really appreciate if anyone wants to share the save. thanks
There was a complete save a couple pages ago, try that, i think it was for 0.26.1 or 0.26.2

4.20 star(s) 296 Votes