Nullbot

Aug 27, 2018
I'm a huge fan of Subarashiki Hibi, so this game is something I feel I should at least try out, but I'm seeing quite a bit of debate on whether the rework was actually an improvement (especially when it comes to the experience of new players). Would it be better for me to start with version 0.23 (I think it was the last build with the original version of chapter 1) or just jump straight into the latest build?

Last edited:

k1n5l4y3r

Jun 20, 2018
I'm a huge fan of Subarashiki Hibi, so this game is something I feel I should at leat try out, but I'm seeing quite a bit of debate on whether the rework was actually an improvement (especially when it comes to the experience of new players). Would it be better for me to start with version 0.23 (I think it was the last build with the original version of chapter 1) or just jump straight into the latest build?
It really doesn't change that much, just a bit of the setting is more exposed on the rework, and the pacing is a little slower, I'd say go with the 0.23 version just to avoid the infinite shrine bug that people are reporting, with people needing 5-70 days to pass the event.

Reactions: Nullbot

Raf-Raf

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 4, 2019
Sunday, not Monday.
Code:
"School" if god_love >= 5 and day > 6:
Day 1 is Monday, day 7 is Sunday.
I see, I guess it's not just Sensei whose mind is broken.
Even the player too since I'm already misremembering sh-.

10 / 10 Would go insane again

moodle

Nov 26, 2016
I'm a huge fan of Subarashiki Hibi, so this game is something I feel I should at leat try out, but I'm seeing quite a bit of debate on whether the rework was actually an improvement (especially when it comes to the experience of new players). Would it be better for me to start with version 0.23 (I think it was the last build with the original version of chapter 1) or just jump straight into the latest build?
The rework was definitely an improvement story and writing wise but some of the events got trickier to unlock. But that's why there's a wiki, look up the requirements for anything you get stuck on.

I would strongly recommend it, it makes the character arcs for a bunch of the girls way better. Original Ayane/Makoto/Futaba vs the current one is night and day.
It really doesn't change that much, just a bit of the setting is more exposed on the rework, and the pacing is a little slower, I'd say go with the 0.23 version just to avoid the infinite shrine bug that people are reporting, with people needing 5-70 days to pass the event.
It's not a bug, people are just bad at noticing the go to school on Sunday. I did it on my recent playthrough and it was fine.

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
The rework improved the game, for the most part. It's not perfect, but the changes are overall for the game's betterment.

The original early game was trying to be two things at once, and the dev felt like he needed to jump straight into sex scenes to get any attention, so some of the girls' stories feel a bit out of sorts. The rework has much better character arcs for the girls, and establishes its genre in the opening minutes, rather than coming out of left field several updates in.

Vizer007

Oct 15, 2019
I'm a huge fan of Subarashiki Hibi, so this game is something I feel I should at least try out, but I'm seeing quite a bit of debate on whether the rework was actually an improvement (especially when it comes to the experience of new players). Would it be better for me to start with version 0.23 (I think it was the last build with the original version of chapter 1) or just jump straight into the latest build?
Rework was an improvement, but became much more hostile to new players who dont really understand what they are jumping into, but it seems that you have more than a clue, so, jump straingt into the latest build. And a bit of advice - use wiki, listen what girls ask of you or pay later (or ask us for a spoiler about how to evade that, since its not that obvious otherwise), enjoy the game, be happy =)

Nullbot

Aug 27, 2018
Thanks for the answers, everyone! I'll be using the latest build, then.

Rework was an improvement, but became much more hostile to new players who dont really understand what they are jumping into, but it seems that you have more than a clue, so, jump straingt into the latest build. And a bit of advice - use wiki, listen what girls ask of you or pay later (or ask us for a spoiler about how to evade that, since its not that obvious otherwise), enjoy the game, be happy =)
I'll be using the wiki, thanks. Do you also recommend the Guide Mod?

Oh, and please spoil me on that last point you mentioned - everything seems to suggest this game is (intentionally) quite unforgiving and grindy, and not in a good way, so I'd like to avoid unnecessary headaches.

vehemental

Jun 4, 2017
Do you also recommend the Guide Mod?
I think about it this way. With the average reading speed of 350 WPM, the time it would take to read all (potentially inflated) 1.2 million words in this VN would take over 57 hours.

Navigating the gameplay with the Guide Mod and liberal use of the console to bump up affection stats, let's say, potentially adds 10% to that figure - so another 6 hours of your life.

Without the Guide Mod or console? Hunting around for events, grinding affection stats... gotta be at least 20%, so another 6 hours on top of that, if not more.

No thanks. The mod, for me, is an absolute necessity.

Blazerer

Dec 10, 2017
Okay. So because the game admits it has disturbing themes and you play as a teacher, it becomes immune to complaints about it containing rape, abuse and paedophilia. Alright then. Good to know.

Regardless, I didn't write the review so you can stop asking me pointless questions. If you wanted to debate it for whatever reason you can talk to the person who wrote it. Thanks.
...don't you literally promote this game in your bio? I stumbled upon this post but I genuinely have to ask what exactly is going on inside your head here.

As for the game itself, gosh darn do I love the theme. I don't suppose anyone knows some of the scenes that contain it? I find that whenever this theme kicks in, things are about to get very real.

LooLoo Baloo

Mar 15, 2021
...don't you literally promote this game in your bio? I stumbled upon this post but I genuinely have to ask what exactly is going on inside your head here.

As for the game itself, gosh darn do I love the theme. I don't suppose anyone knows some of the scenes that contain it? I find that whenever this theme kicks in, things are about to get very real.
I'm not sure why you replied to a random comment from 3 months ago. But I can answer your question.

Yes I do. And I still believe that anyone can review the game negatively based on what's included in it. Me liking the game as a whole does not change my view on that. I skip over any scenes with the loli characters so a lot of those themes I can just blissfully ignore anyway. I just get why others would not be able to ignore those specific things. And thus criticise those things. Which was my point.

moodle

Nov 26, 2016
I also love that song. It mostly appears in Kirin events (or Ayane events featuring Kirin), but also shows up in a Haruka event, a Yasu event, and a Yumi event.

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
Thanks for the answers, everyone! I'll be using the latest build, then.

I'll be using the wiki, thanks. Do you also recommend the Guide Mod?

Oh, and please spoil me on that last point you mentioned - everything seems to suggest this game is (intentionally) quite unforgiving and grindy, and not in a good way, so I'd like to avoid unnecessary headaches.
Using event names since you can track those.

1) Do not initiate the Chika event "Schadenfruede" until after the first trip to the beach.
2) When you get the invitation to go with Chika to the onsen, it will tell you to spend some time with Yumi. This means to complete the Yumi event "Abyss"
3) At multiple points in the game, it will say "remember this, it will be important." The game is not fucking around most of the time. It will come later. Write it down. Yes, no matter how pointless it might seem in the moment. Better to make a note you don't need than need a note you don't have. And while you can come here and get the answers, there is at least one instance where if you do that without doing it the "right" way the game will curse you out and crash to desktop.
4) Some clues are presented in the audio, so it's advised to have the volume on.

Nullbot

Aug 27, 2018
Ok, that was one hell of a start. I'm about to start the actual game and face the infamous grinding (hopefully the mods and the wiki will help with that), but the very beginning of this story was fascinating. If the plot manages to deliver on the promises implicitly made so far, this will be a wonderful experience.

I've seen some people criticizing the fourth wall breaks and the ludic nature of the narration for being "pretentious", but what I've seen so far suggests I'm exactly the kind of audience the author's targeting. I might be jumping the gun here, but I think I'm already hooked, grinding be damned. Worst case scenario, I'll just cheat my way out and enjoy the writing.

jorflns

Jul 2, 2022
In the mid-late game I got a bit frustrated with having to endlessly explore the dorms and calling everyone at each part of the day to find the next event I can trigger. Going to the wiki and tracing back the next main event to the missing event that I can trigger was pretty painful. I created a small tool to help with this grind!

Lessons In Love Guide Tool v1.1:
Lessons In Love Guide Tool looks at your most recent save game, and lets you know what events you can perform next and their requirements. End all the endless trial and error to find the next event to trigger!

You can check out the tool and installation instructions here:

Attached a screenshot of the tool. Hoping others might find this helpful as well!

4.20 star(s) 296 Votes