akselx

Mar 29, 2020
Yes, some replays purposefully cut off before the entire event plays.
r "You have a mother?"
sa "Doesn’t...everyone have a mother?"
r "I guess. I’ve just never heard him talk about her before."
r "In fact, the one time I tried asking about that, he-"

stop music
$ renpy.end_replay()

Yeah, this one was done on purpose, it seems.

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
Do we konw why? I'm seriously starting to think that the next reset event will have questions from parts not present in the replays, and we will have to play the whole game over and over again to find all the answers
Knowing what we do of Selebus, it's because he hates it when people don't play the game "his" way, so it's to punish people who beg for save files caught up to the current game. Whenever they replay, they get an incomplete version of the scene, so they miss actual relevant content by choosing to skip to the end.

Reactions: SadCoomer

TheGuyWithB

May 29, 2017
Do we konw why? I'm seriously starting to think that the next reset event will have questions from parts not present in the replays, and we will have to play the whole game over and over again to find all the answers
The reasons most events cut off or are shown different in replays is because replayed events have no flags set, for example on a normal playtrough you either are a good or bad uncle and that sets the flag on how some events play out.

But on replays there are no flags to determine WHAT version of the event will play, so it quite literally boots you out because to the game you have no flag set and it cant decide what it needs to show you.

Its literally a problem with how replays are coded in Ren'Py since it just disables all flags and plays events on its most basic form, no taking into account past decisions or anything of the sort

• Wow
Reactions: dantarium

AgumenticR

Sep 6, 2018
The reasons most events cut off or are shown different in replays is because replayed events have no flags set, for example on a normal playtrough you either are a good or bad uncle and that sets the flag on how some events play out.
Most, yes, but some events literally have "$ renpy.end_replay()" line in them before they actually end.

Reactions: Wardtnaci

SadCoomer

Sep 26, 2020
I'd guess it's to emphasize that some information is hidden/restricted and Sensei is not meant to hear or remember it.
Yeah that's probably the main reason. Fuck, now I want to go check all the replays (or at least the ones from chapter 3) to see what has been cut off but I really don't have the time

crustlord12

Jun 24, 2020
In comparison to pre-v0.24, does the game has more or less jumpscares?
pre-24 is a long time ago, but I'd say fewer jumpscares? Still some creepy shit but I don't remember a lot of JUMP scares. I don't know. The game hasn't gotten any less dark, in any case. If you were spooked before, you'll probably remain so.

Reactions: narrisen

narrisen

Feb 11, 2022
pre-24 is a long time ago, but I'd say fewer jumpscares? Still some creepy shit but I don't remember a lot of JUMP scares. I don't know. The game hasn't gotten any less dark, in any case. If you were spooked before, you'll probably remain so.
I meant the pre-rework and after rework. Old Ami-dream event didn't have any jumpscares, but the new one got me scared shitless, and it's only've been first 10-15 minutes or so. So I wonder if Sel reworked all first chapter events in that style.

KnowNoHope

Apr 16, 2020
really wish there was something else like this game I could read or watch atm, book or series, doesn't even need sex or anything. just a story with a loose interconnected plot that is designed to make the audience solve and figure out the narrative.
I'll take suggestions

Reactions: crustlord12

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
really wish there was something else like this game I could read or watch atm, book or series, doesn't even need sex or anything. just a story with a loose interconnected plot that is designed to make the audience solve and figure out the narrative.
I'll take suggestions
Have you tried Sensei Overnight? Has similar vibes, but without the grind.

Reactions: jamyong and van321

Vovasenko

Dec 16, 2018
I'll take suggestions
Ever played Outer Wilds?

Nov 3, 2019
I'll take suggestions
Ever try Raging Loop? Very heavily focused on the mystery element, and I know when I played through it I was trying to decipher what was causing the events that were occurring or if certain individuals were involved... But I will say the ending was rather lackluster, made me actually a bit mad that some of my theories didn't play out.

But that said, it is still a game which sticks in my mind and was very enjoyable over all despite the end.

Reactions: Heavenlet

dathk321

Sep 5, 2021
Hey, I just got back to play the game after dropping some ver and replaying the screen bj of Maya. I wonder it was the dream of sensei about her or she really bj him in his room. I thought she didn't love him.

brknsoul

Nov 2, 2017
Does anyone else kinda wanna strangle Touka?

Who ever is behind all the timeskips and resets is getting really sloppy!

I thought this was an isekai/possesion deal, but it seems that an errant reset caused massive memory loss in Sensei (probably multiple times).

Best I can figure is Sensei dated Niki, then some time later his brother died, Sensei took Ami somewhere else and raised her. Started teaching, then 'woke up' one time without remembering anything. Most of Sensei's knowledge came from the dossier book Maya left for him.

I can't place in the timeline when Maya 'stole' Sensei from Niki, was it before or after his brother's death?

4.20 star(s) 296 Votes