k1n5l4y3r

Jun 20, 2018
I see, still there is no mention of him going to college, I assume he is going to college after high school during his time with Niki, from what I gathered it's a 4 years college course, which aligns with the 5 years with Niki.
If the theory that Ami is his daughter is correct he would have to be with Sekai since his 16 so revised timeline would be like:
1)He is 15, hurts his leg, gets close to Sekai.
2)He is 16 Sekai and Nozomu marry, Ami is born, he meets Niki and starts tutoring her.
3)18 he starts going out with Niki, and begins his college course.
4)5 years go by, he is 23, Ami is 7, Nozomu and Sekai dies on accident, he and Ami disappear the first time.
5)3 years later IIRC Noriko finds him tutoring on the Old District and begins being tutored.
6)Maya begins being tutored, but somehow is kept secret from Ami.
7)Ami befriends Ayane in middle school.
8)Something happens he disappears again.
9)They go live in Nozomu and Sekai old apartment, and he starts teaching in Kumon-mi High.
Somethng like that.

Last edited:

BlackDays

Jan 30, 2021
5)3 years later IIRC Noriko finds him tutoring on the Old District and begins being tutored.
I think it was rather soon he startet tutoring Noriko. Not more than a year or something, after the car crash. And funnily it seems to have been Norikos and Nikis parents that asked Sensei to do that. Why they didn't tell Niki about it, would be interesting to know.

Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
So glad my favourite piece of media of all time has a thriving community around it here~
It's great isn't it? I keep a link to the last post i read in this thread on my toolbar just cause reading the shit posted here is so entertaining... i actually used up whatever the daily reaction limit is handing out thinking faces the other day, entirely in this thread.

jamyong

Jun 9, 2022
So glad my favourite piece of media of all time has a thriving community around it here~
It's actually pretty crazy how much I enjoy this game. I have a 5 page word doc filled with excerpts and passages from the game that just really stuck out to me. I'm not typically the type of person to do things like that. I suspect by the time this game finishes and I replay it again that the word doc will grow to dozens of pages

Gonna have to put the script for this game on Goodreads or some shit

Reactions: LuisD

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
It's actually pretty crazy how much I enjoy this game. I have a 5 page word doc filled with excerpts and passages from the game that just really stuck out to me. I'm not typically the type of person to do things like that. I suspect by the time this game finishes and I replay it again that the word doc will grow to dozens of pages

Gonna have to put the script for this game on Goodreads or some shit
I suspect that when I sit down to fully annotate the game, it's gonna be a lot more than 5 pages.

fdsasdf_p

Apr 24, 2021
I need some serious reminders or "fact" check on which god is which and what they do now ever since Sekai joins the divine being party

My understanding is:

1. Nozomu = horny ball of light = god with many eyes = first god = indifferent = (?) husband of Sekai

2. God of wire = second god = god with no eyes = callous = any description about tree, wire, or computer = the entity responsible for visual alterations on characters = HOPE = current employer of Moyo and long Maya = PRAISE BE = Head of Angels (Sekai included?) = I assume to be the cause of all the creepy shit and the time-looping, resetting Kumomi

3. Cannot remember which event introduced the third, concerned god (only remember in Trinity Pt III where USER3 seized control saying I am very concerned)

Welcome for corrections, my mind is too boggled

Reactions: LuisD

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
I need some serious reminders or "fact" check on which god is which and what they do now ever since Sekai joins the divine being party

My understanding is:

1. Nozomu = horny ball of light = god with many eyes = first god = indifferent = (?) husband of Sekai

2. God of wire = second god = god with no eyes = callous = any description about tree, wire, or computer = the entity responsible for visual alterations on characters = HOPE = current employer of Moyo and long Maya = PRAISE BE = Head of Angels (Sekai included?) = I assume to be the cause of all the creepy shit and the time-looping, resetting Kumomi

3. Cannot remember which event introduced the third, concerned god (only remember in Trinity Pt III where USER3 seized control saying I am very concerned)

HOPE, the angels, the Mayas, and Sekai are all associated with Nozomu, not the Wire god. HOPE may actually be a face of Nozomu.

Also -- HOPE/Nozomu = Callous; Wire God = calm, 3rd god = concerned.

Last edited:
Reactions: fdsasdf_p

jamyong

Jun 9, 2022
I suspect that when I sit down to fully annotate the game, it's gonna be a lot more than 5 pages.
oh forsure. I have to stop myself from copying down too many quotes. I started it really to just write down the truly excellent examples of prose and I'm always left to consider whether or not each line I read is really worthy of being with the rest. I tend to skip a lot of good stuff and always end up regretting it an hour later when I notice that the line is still spinning around in my head.
but that just means I have to replay the game again sometime and get the ones I originally passed up, which is a welcomed task

Sep 26, 2018

My understanding is:

The third god is Pareidolia right? The god that didn't come across as evil or insane

Cool'Thulhu

Sep 24, 2017
1)He is 15, hurts his leg, gets close to Sekai.
Pretty sure he was WAY younger than that when they started, like "kid Maya" kind of young, cuz
1 given the tone of childish memories he has of her
2 the clearly VERY childish happy events (where Sensei is clueless about what sex is)
3 the parallel with Sensei x Maya, which start when she was much younger than she is now
(plus, Sensei's guilt for doing the same thing that was done to him at that age was probably one of the main reasons to all the shit that's happening)
4 age of consent is 13 in Japan (crazy, right? :ROFLMAO:) and she's labeled as a pedophile so i guess Sensei was younger

BTW why sensei doesn't have the same alliteration as his brother like all the families, Karin/Kirin, Sara/Sara, even Ami/Akira...
or better, why his brother don't have any alliteration at all (Nozomu Arawaka)? Maybe it doesn't mean anything but it's discordant :unsure:

Jul 22, 2019
or better, why his brother don't have any alliteration at all (Nozomu Arawaka)? Maybe it doesn't mean anything but it's discordant :unsure:
Assuming it's not just a writing thing to make the names of the characters we see more memorable (it probably is tbh, it's a pretty common thing), Nozomu doesn't really have a "normal" role. Considering the alliterative names being on every single character we interact with, I think it's pretty reasonable to assume those aren't their actual names (assuming they all exist outside the weird loop reality).

If they're assigned names it wouldn't be that off for his to be different than the rest, given the context.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Bingoogus

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
BTW why sensei doesn't have the same alliteration as his brother like all the families, Karin/Kirin, Sara/Sara, even Ami/Akira...
This was one of my arguments that "Nozomu" and "Sekai" weren't the actual names of Ami's parents. Every other name in the game is alliterative. Hell, even the married women's names are alliterative. Except for those two.

4.20 star(s) 296 Votes