manjak8

Jun 27, 2019
over the past couple years Lil has inspired other clone/copycat titles but it is something different in the western vn space when the most ppl have generally played in this space is a few fap bait games with minimal plot. if ppl went and played more traditional vns they'd see Lil has little over them other than going against the societal norm with character ages. the only thing holding Lil back from garnering more widespread support is the age stuff and the puzzles that "check" to make sure the player is reading. when there's a couple million words and countless red herrings in terms of possible answers then the avg brainlet will just google answers anyway or open the console.
I played and still play quite a few not western vn's and unfortunately almost all of them are disappointing with rare exception, and biggest reason for that is simply that most vn's have terrible writing unlike Lil, Im at a point where I would be glad to read any vn western or not , but give me the good writing, recently I played fruit of grisaia and we get flashback of one of the girls backstory where she together with other people gets into accident and long story short people are forced to kill and canibalize each other, and man you read it and there's zero weight to the story , it reads more like comedy even thou it tries to be serious, the writing is just pathetically bad.

• Haha
Reactions: Bingoogus

Angiboat

Jun 22, 2020
Nodoka is a fucking sociopath. She's the one character in all of LiL that if she was written out of the story I wouldn't miss her at all.
Give her a few more batch of events and she'll likely turn into a good character.

korendrd

Sep 9, 2020
Nodoka is a fucking sociopath. She's the one character in all of LiL that if she was written out of the story I wouldn't miss her at all.
Not contesting the first point, but the second I can't agree with. The story is 100% better with her in it:
1. She gives Yumi a reason to trust Sensei after the unfortunate bridge incident
2. She's even more of a catalyst to Rin's not-so-homie-like attraction to Sensei
3. She's an excellent source of external conflict directed at other girls, so it's not Sensei always filling that role.

If she was a one-dimensional D&D villain whose sociopathy always manifested slasher-film style, I'd agree. But she's a deep and complex character, so brilliant she has little in common with the peers she cannot empathize with. She reminds me a lot of Mia from Californication, only less self-centered. Nodoka is ruled by her desire to experience everything, to better be able to write about it. She may be a sociopath, but without the borderline or disassociative disorders to really turn her into a monster. Instead, she's this giant gray area of amorality that makes her interesting as fuck, if you can get past the way her manic episodes are written.

Edit: Not to mention, Hot/Crazy axis in effect.

yomiyona

May 11, 2023
Is there any way to increase tsukasa_love to 1?
Because as a aftereffect of the last punishment, my tsukasa love point is now 0.:cry:

Xiondingens

Oct 25, 2018
So where the hell does Nao-chan fit into this story? Should I be concerned for Kaori's safety?
You mean as if Nao-chan is underway to get help? No, wouldnt worry. My guess would be more that she sent her to the storage building for abducted girls of burger friend mac burger man while she is at work. Probably an idea from Niki.

Edit: Yeah, i havent seen her in the corner there standing. So she isnt at work. But this might still be the overall idea.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Riolol

Riolol

Jan 14, 2021
You mean as if Nao-chan is underway to get help? No, wouldnt worry. My guess would be more that she sent her to the storage building for abducted girls of burger friend mac burger man while she is at work. Probably an idea from Niki.

Edit: Yeah, i havent seen her in the corner there standing. So she isnt at work. But this might still be the overall idea.
I was more referring to the overall story, not just this scene lol

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
A little wary about Makoto and Nao-chan being around eachother.

So where the hell does Nao-chan fit into this story? Should I be concerned for Kaori's safety?
It seems like Kaori is new Sekai, Nao-chan is new Ami, and I guess John might be the new Nozomu.

Which is kind of funny if it's implying Sekai saw her actual husband as a big chicken she had for a pet.

So, I think Kaori is safe, or at least, safe besides the possession stuff going on. I'm a little more worried about what Kaori does to others, tbh.

We still don't know what actually happened to Yumi and Tsuneyo during the 5th Reset, but Kaori apparently being on the roof likely implies she was around during the reset, and she did just show up at Tojo Ramen, red eyed, and not exactly looking friendly:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Nao-chan, on the other hand, probably isn't too dangerous, but I guess we'll find out.

Vizer007

Oct 15, 2019
A happy face is a happy place. Please remember to smile. :)
Actually legit loved that music, even now I have it in my playlist.
And that event atmosphere was phenomenal, went through a rabbithole of "abandoned malls" on youtube after it. Though most of them ended up as wholesome stories how, for example, "there was a pet store on the 1st floor and the clerk there allowed us to play with animals, one of the happiest memories of my childhood" and stuff like that...

Reactions: Bingoogus

Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
Actually legit loved that music, even now I have it in my playlist.
And that event atmosphere was phenomenal, went through a rabbithole of "abandoned malls" on youtube after it. Though most of them ended up as wholesome stories how, for example, "there was a pet store on the 1st floor and the clerk there allowed us to play with animals, one of the happiest memories of my childhood" and stuff like that...
The the second mall track was pulled from.

Reactions: Vizer007
4.20 star(s) 297 Votes