black_N_white

Oct 23, 2017
I'm not defending any sort of "obvious milking" I just felt like informing you that there would be an update coming this month because you were clearly upset about the lack of news.
My original point still stands, this is a game piracy site. There is plenty of other games to play and try right now, how about you do that.

Furthermore, people who pay and support these developers, its completely their choice with their money. Who are you to judge? I wonder if you go into every game thread and bash developers who don't release updates all that often... I bet you'd love Milfy city in that case :sneaky:

That aspect of the game was completely removed many updates ago, it kind of broke the flow of the story with sudden endings of suicide.
yeah, i didn't say milfy city dev and many others dont do the same thing, all made possibile by the supporters. i just found it funny when you said he was "hard at work" thats all :)

Last edited:
Reactions: botc76

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
I can't judge dodgy practices because... i didn't pay?
Woaa! Are you ok up there? On your high horses?
Yes, you can judge those practices even when you are doing the same thing: taking other's money and effort for granted. It's called being a hypocrite.

• Angry
  • Haha
Reactions: botc76 and Forix

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
I can't judge a car company shit practices because... i don't own one?
Do i need YOUR permission or something?
No. You are missing the point, either by mistake or deliberately. You are trying to generalize my statement to a general situation but I never claimed such a thing, and your logic does not follow through. I could explain it to you, but given that following my comment there was a slight conversation about it with the person to which my comment was addressed to, please go and read that.

And just to address your example. If you judge a car company shit practices while you are doing the same shit practices you are complaining about, then yes, you can judge them but it is the definition of hypocrisy. It is funny that you are telling me I am on my "high horses" when you are supporting "judging other people's behavior" which assumes by default that you have a moral ground to judge, while my claim was simply "don't do it unless you are free of such behavior yourself"

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: botc76 and Jack-O

V&M

Donor
Feb 10, 2020
milking is a profitable business.
Xred became an Icstor disciple
don't wait for frequent updates
Mr Dots, Milftoon, SerialNumberComics, ...... Unfortunately this is becoming commonplace, for people like us,
it becomes increasingly difficult to want to support developers.
Of course there are exceptions, but there are more and more developers joining this,
Think carefully, (example), if with a monthly update it raises
20 dollars from a supporter.
and if that same update comes out in two months, it will raise 40 for the same update,
and if that same update comes out in three months, it will raise 60 for the same update.
What is the best option for a developer?
Do you know what keeps these developers still? They are the fanboys who besides defending this practice, still try to justify.
But since the money is not mine, let them throw money away and make these developers happy.

Coretherius

Jul 2, 2017
Just my opinion, but this discussion of what devs do and/or don't do is way off topic for what should be here. I am sure there is another spot in the forums to discuss what you do or don't like about the dev's business practices, so all who want to discuss or argue about such things should go there. This should be about the game/visual novel itself.

Now, I've been watching this since it first came here, tried it a few times, thought it could be something good, but started losing interest when it became what felt like a very linear story, with very little variance. I understand trying to make a game that has multiple branching paths is time consuming, and requires a lot of work to do, but I like the freedom such games give me.

JJVOODOO

Nov 4, 2017
Pretty good, fantastic animations, but a really bad ending, ending with the friend/daughter hating your guts when we will have to wait for any continuation really leave a sour taste. You never want someone finishing your game (or any product) with a sour taste, especially when any potential resolution to it could be far off. It would of been much better if the friend/daughter heard the conversation between blond lara croft and bob marly, maybe have there conversation be more ambiguous, just enough to put doubt in her mind about whether or not there really trying to help. ether way ending it like they did really took the wind out of the whole thing, kinda like why did i even play this?

Aug 1, 2017
Pretty good, fantastic animations, but a really bad ending, ending with the friend/daughter hating your guts when we will have to wait for any continuation really leave a sour taste. You never want someone finishing your game (or any product) with a sour taste, especially when any potential resolution to it could be far off. It would of been much better if the friend/daughter heard the conversation between blond lara croft and bob marly, maybe have there conversation be more ambiguous, just enough to put doubt in her mind about whether or not there really trying to help. ether way ending it like they did really took the wind out of the whole thing, kinda like why did i even play this?
I completely understand your point and I feel that some of your concerns will be addressed in the next update this month. This game is far from complete, there is still much of the story to tell.

botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
Tiresome discussion with the same wrong assumption by some.

Whether you pay for something or not isn't the deciding factor, in regards to having a right to an opinion.
Your existence gives you a right to your opinion.
Whether others give it any weight or not is another thing.
Though in a case like this, where a game goes from monthly updates to one update every 4-5 months, claiming criticism is only valid if you support the dev seems pretty ridiculous.
If you read through part of the thread, you might see that I have always been supportive of xred and praised the game and defended him, but there comes a point where that just doesn't make sense anymore.

Why is he taking so much more time for updates which are only slightly longer than back when he did updates far more frequently?
How can you even justify that?

Whether we pay for it or not, the development cycle has become ridiculously slow, don't defend the guy, don't defend him with asinine justifications like arguing about whether someone supports the guy or not.
You don't even KNOW whether someone actually does or did, unless he or she activated that function AND xred is one of the devs were it actually works. And even then you wouldn't know whether someone wasn't a supporter for a while and stopped because of milking, that alone basically shows how worthless whether someone supports or not is in regards to whether someone has a right to mention the slow development cycle or not.

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
The "you don't even know argument can go both ways".
You can criticize whatever you want. But criticizing something in others that you yourself do is call hypocrisy.
Anyone can take the high moral ground and make a claim that the developer is being unfair, taking his supporters money for granted and not working. But as a free rider that I am, i'll be doing precisely what I am criticizing: taking his free time and those that support him' money for granted. Why am i right to criticize what other's do if I do the same?
If you fail to see that, then you are just blind. Your existence does you give any right to an opinion. But i don't like the idea that you, me or anybody have the special right to demand from others what they cannot do themselves. We are all held account to the same moral rules. Until you explain that, you are just claiming you have more rights than others.

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: ZenGarden

ZenGarden

Oct 1, 2017
The "you don't even know argument can go both ways".
You can criticize whatever you want. But criticizing something in others that you yourself do is call hypocrisy.
Anyone can take the high moral ground and make a claim that the developer is being unfair, taking his supporters money for granted and not working. But as a free rider that I am, i'll be doing precisely what I am criticizing: taking his free time and those that support him' money for granted. Why am i right to criticize what other's do if I do the same?
If you fail to see that, then you are just blind. Your existence does you give any right to an opinion. But i don't like the idea that you, me or anybody have the special right to demand from others what they cannot do themselves. We are all held account to the same moral rules. Until you explain that, you are just claiming you have more rights than others.
How many times can you air-quote "moral high ground", and then make it central to your position?

The formula here is what we see for several devs: Good looking character, people want more, so slow down updates. The fact the latter updates are non-sensical with the original story just complicates matters.

Where is the story going? What's coming next? We have neither a clue nor a dev update to tell us. So criticism is something that should be expected.

If I don't understand where a developer is going with a story, it doesn't drive me to pledge. Plain fact.

3.30 star(s) 119 Votes