tk99

Jun 3, 2019
Just saw and dl this this today.

I'm happy it's continued, because I like it a lot.
Nice story, decisions do matter, great renders and models.

Just wondering where it will go ... The points system is really nice, and since I really don't know which one of the two main characters I like more ...

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016

My daddy told me that pretty redheaded lady sent you guys a message. I think her name was Katie, or something like that. But I asked my daddy if I could send you guys a message too. I don't know how much Katie missed you guys, but I missed you guys thiiiiiiissss much!
Oh...and why won't my daddy tell me what this story is about? I wish grown ups would just tell the truth!
Chloe
Oh, look! It's Lexi's stepdaughter :p

Reactions: puppy.love

Chatterbox

Game Developer
May 28, 2018
Just saw and dl this this today.

I'm happy it's continued, because I like it a lot.
Nice story, decisions do matter, great renders and models.

Just wondering where it will go ... The points system is really nice, and since I really don't know which one of the two main characters I like more ...
Just a heads up, for this update the points system is now hidden with the exception of Lexi's points on the hud. The points are still there, but instead of the player relying on points as a guide,we're gonna rely on the player's best guess, and the thoughts and feelings of the character will be displayed in their character page, and of course a walkthrough for those that want to use it. The walkthrough will still tell you what points are awarded for each choice.

The way I figure it, for those that don't want to use a walkthrough, this current setup is best, and for those that use a walkthrough, it really doesn't matter that the points are not displayed for every single character because they have the walkthrough.

In the following update, I might add a cheat code that allows you guys to call up a screen that displays all the points. That is something that I'll leave up to a poll.

Additional information. While I was taking care of my health, I did more than improve my renders. I did a lot of research into how these games are made. So I went back and corrected a bad mistake a made. Before I would sometimes add choices that simply awarded points, and the game did not track that choice after that. Later on I started looking at those choices and realized that I need to use them to validate future choices. So I went back and reorganized the variables that keep track of choices, added variables to all the choices with the exception of one, and cleaned up the code.

I imagine most people don't have old saves given the time that has elapsed, but for those that do, I wouldn't use them. I know that's an annoying thing, but hopefully I've now learned enough about coding that this won't happen in the future.

tk99

Jun 3, 2019
Just a heads up, for this update the points system is now hidden with the exception of Lexi's points on the hud. The points are still there, but instead of the player relying on points as a guide,we're gonna rely on the player's best guess, and the thoughts and feelings of the character will be displayed in their character page, and of course a walkthrough for those that want to use it. The walkthrough will still tell you what points are awarded for each choice.
Even I like the point system, I'm fine with that.

But I'm confused ...
I haven't played this before (I'm not into these games for a long time), so did a fresh start with v0.03.
When I click on the stats, I still can see all stats for Lexi, Kaylee and Sara.

Anyway ...
Read about your health, hope you are better and will get better.
Keep up the damn good work.

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
I prefer the system of paths over the points one.
If points are essential to access scenes in the future you may end up needing a guide to collect that point that escaped you two or three updates before.
With a system of paths you continue choosing how to play although this may lead you to a bad ending or to different scenes depending on your choices.

slimlayzie

May 22, 2018
I prefer the system of paths over the points one.
If points are essential to access scenes in the future you may end up needing a guide to collect that point that escaped you two or three updates before.
With a system of paths you continue choosing how to play although this may lead you to a bad ending or to different scenes depending on your choices.
That really would depend on how the points system is handled. Points can work almost the same as paths, in regards to handling scenarios and outcomes. It all depends on how it's implemented. For example, if there are a select few points available and scenes require ALL (or close to all) possible points to trigger, yes...then you'll deal with a lot of having to go back and replay stuff. However if the game has a built in leeway system, allowing you to miss points here and there and still still trigger events and such, then it's less likely to be an issue. So it really depends on how he handles is.

If a scene requires 10 points to play out, if there were only 10 or 11 possible points in total, then you'll end up with a lot of replay or having to use a walkthrough. If a scene that requires 10 points has a possible 15 or 16 points available, then you can still proceed with "good" scenes without having to be perfect in your play through. So it will really be up to how ChatterBox decides to use the points system.

prrt

Feb 24, 2019
Ho !
All those months I kept my saves . I sometimes looked at them for nostalgic reassons softly promissing soon my dears soon you will be used and updated .
And now I'm told I have to start over ?

Chatterbox

Game Developer
May 28, 2018
Even I like the point system, I'm fine with that.

But I'm confused ...
I haven't played this before (I'm not into these games for a long time), so did a fresh start with v0.03.
When I click on the stats, I still can see all stats for Lexi, Kaylee and Sara.

Anyway ...
Read about your health, hope you are better and will get better.
Keep up the damn good work.
tk99,

v0.03 is the last update that was released late last year before I took time off for my health. These changes that I'm talking about are coming in v0.04. The ground work is done, and I'm finishing up day 5 as we speak. After that I start day 6. I will be releasing as soon as I finish day 6 and do all the beta testing.

If knowing what the points are becomes an issue, I'll redesign a points screen to show the character's points. Lets see how this goes first.

Chatterbox

Game Developer
May 28, 2018
That really would depend on how the points system is handled. Points can work almost the same as paths, in regards to handling scenarios and outcomes. It all depends on how it's implemented. For example, if there are a select few points available and scenes require ALL (or close to all) possible points to trigger, yes...then you'll deal with a lot of having to go back and replay stuff. However if the game has a built in leeway system, allowing you to miss points here and there and still still trigger events and such, then it's less likely to be an issue. So it really depends on how he handles is.

If a scene requires 10 points to play out, if there were only 10 or 11 possible points in total, then you'll end up with a lot of replay or having to use a walkthrough. If a scene that requires 10 points has a possible 15 or 16 points available, then you can still proceed with "good" scenes without having to be perfect in your play through. So it will really be up to how ChatterBox decides to use the points system.
Right now I don't think any of the choices are dependent upon the points. But that is a good point, and once the point system does come into play, there will be a built in cushion. I'm thinking that the points required should be about 85% of the total possible.

Reactions: yngve

Chatterbox

Game Developer
May 28, 2018
Ho !
All those months I kept my saves . I sometimes looked at them for nostalgic reassons softly promissing soon my dears soon you will be used and updated .
And now I'm told I have to start over ?
Lol...thankfully we're not on v0.10

B-52reloaded

Aug 25, 2018
I have to ask: will we get a chance to have a relationship with Chelsea his ex-wives best friend? I would appreciate this option ..

repuindy

Jun 11, 2017

Hey guys, just thought I'd drop in and give you an update on the development progress.
Day 5 is pretty much done with the exception of a couple animations that Eroseason is making for us, and I still have to put that animation together once it's rendered.
After Eroseason gets those animations done, I'll have about 4 poses, and day 5 should be completely ready.
Normally we do one day per update, however since it's been a while, we want to give you guys two days. The good thing is that the guy writing for us said day 6 really isn't that long. However we do have a couple day 6 animations that we have to get Eroseason to make for us.
A little info on Eroseason. If you don't know already, he advertised his services on a website that I frequent. His work looked good, and other developers have said that his work is good, so we're giving him a try. From what I've seen of his work, you guys should be impressed.
Also we have a guy that we employed to write this update for us. Really he's a co-writer as both him and I are writing. So far I like his work, and if he does well, we will be asking him to co-write with me for all our future updates.
Hang in there, just a little while longer.
Chatterbox

4.60 star(s) 53 Votes