Aseratrix

Engaged Member
Dec 16, 2019
What do you do?
I disabled the firewall when I tried the game out. For some reason the firewall was completely uncool with the engine of the game. Its a firewall which asks confirmation to each process trying to run, connect to the internet. I never had this problem with any other games (including AAA games) only these unreal engine ones. But at least I am happy its not something else, like a hardware issue.

Reactions: Furanses

Chingonerio

Oct 1, 2017
game won't take the mod. says 'winrar can add files only to rar or zip archives''.
It sounds like you're trying to install mods into an unextracted copy of LifePlay still in its *.7z archive. While I know there's some programs that will function just fine inside their encrypted files so it's tempting to keep them in there, I've no idea if LifePlay is one of them. If you want to give it a try, you're going to need to get 7Zip or something that can add files to its archive's file type.

Otherwise, I'd just extract LifePlay to its own directory and then try installing whatever mod(s) you're trying.

If you're not doing anything like that, though, I have no idea why you'd be getting that specific error message at all.
i just download the game, open it, open the folder and drag in the mod-as usual.
You're certain you're extracting the game to its own directory when you're opening it, and not just... you know, browsing the archive's contents in WinRAR?

Granted, when you run an executable from an archive most extractor-type programs will extract all its contents to a temporary folder to make sure stuff works when it runs, so I'm willing to believe you've never extracted games before and have somehow only run into this type of issue now that you're trying to modify this one, which just happened to be inside of an archive file type that WinRAR does not support putting files into.

My suggested solution remains the same: Switch to 7Zip or extract the archive first and then drag the mod into the extracted directory it needs to go into.

Actually, I guess there is a third option: You could convert the .7z file to something WinRAR does support using a free conversion tool, and just use that. You'd have to do it every time that the game gets updated as I doubt Vinfamy will stop using that file format for future releases, but it would let you add files to the archive without switching from WinRAR or using the program for its intended purpose. Make Rube Goldberg proud.

NickNo By the way, the Mod Launcher's new version check is a "strict match" check (i.e.- a newer version than the one expected by the Launcher will also make the pop-up window implying the user has an outdated version and offering to open up a download page). Might want to switch it to a "greater than or equals" type. Also, since the game does have one official page handled by Vinfamy on a site without account requirements to see links (itch.io), you might want to consider the pop-up redirecting them there rather than here.

Last edited:
Reactions: NickNo

Ghostface Reborn

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2018
It sounds like you're trying to install mods into an unextracted copy of LifePlay still in its *.7z archive. While I know there's some programs that will function just fine inside their encrypted files so it's tempting to keep them in there, I've no idea if LifePlay is one of them. If you want to give it a try, you're going to need to get 7Zip or something that can add files to its archive's file type.

Otherwise, I'd just extract LifePlay to its own directory and then try installing whatever mod(s) you're trying.

If you're not doing anything like that, though, I have no idea why you'd be getting that specific error message at all.
i just download the game, open it, open the folder and drag in the mod-as usual.

NickNo

Modder
Jan 19, 2020
NickNo By the way, the Mod Launcher's new version check is a "strict match" check (i.e.- a newer version than the one expected by the Launcher will also make the pop-up window implying the user has an outdated version and offering to open up a download page). Might want to switch it to a "greater than or equals" type. Also, since the game does have one official page handled by Vinfamy on a site without account requirements to see links (itch.io), you might want to consider the pop-up redirecting them there rather than here.
Nah that is half true. For Mods it checks if the verison matches exactly. But for LP it always did a comparison of major and minor version.

But sadly (3.20 - 3) * 10 is "2" and "2" is less than "19" ... Ouch. I did just change the code to split and compare correctly ;)

About the itch.io page: The launcher was made when the site did not exist. I could have send the users to patreon. But believe me, this forum is a better place to redirect newbies to ;)

Chingonerio

Oct 1, 2017
About the itch.io page: The launcher was made when the site did not exist. I could have send the users to patreon. But believe me, this forum is a better place to redirect newbies to ;)
I know there's several people out there that will just give up on anything that requires them to sign-up, but I do suppose that's only really an issue for people that found LifePlay's mod launcher via github (which they might have, since Vinfamy's uploads come with the *.url internet shortcut linking them there for the latest release as a possible first point of entry). Just a suggestion more for said hypothetical folks' sake rather than the forums'.

Last edited:

nuclear

Sep 27, 2017
Are incest relationships broken? I proposed relationship to my sister and, while she agreed, the game set not her, but a random man in my contacts as my gay boyfriend. Proposing relationship to non-relative NPC's works fine though.

Reactions: Kay_Kay
May 28, 2017
So how's the graphics for this game? In the earlier stages I really didn't like how the characters looked but that was like ages ago, like idk 0.5 or something

Succubustamer

Aug 8, 2020
Now imagine 'Life Play' as a complete scene for 'Virt-A-Mate' - wow, this would be overkill in a perfect world for perverts! xD

Hainda

Nov 28, 2017
quick question
when u start a relationship with one of your family members, they automatically move out of the house and ending the reationship doesnt move them back in...any tips on how to solve this or is this a game thing?

monkeycid

May 25, 2017
Is the shelter a random event and how do you trigger it? Or is it a location on the map?

Also, please share blonde from new screenshots as a preset!

feral74

May 31, 2017
does pc sub change something the only change i see is when in hscene when npc ask for position they force the choice but they never interrract with pc

ItsEricBoi

Sep 13, 2017
Is there any way to get an involuntary NTR scene?
For a particular scene just look at the 'scene file' in the modules folder, then ntr folder. Open the scene file and it will have certain criteria for the scene at the top of the page.
Typically, your partner and you need to have high perversion

JackDoene

Sep 19, 2019
I must say this is the most disappointing game development I've seen. Instead of creating consistent gameplay author is adding random stuff which I believe most people dont care about. I had big hopes for the game seeing its frist iteration (immediate uninstall after seeing those monster feemals) and seeing nice progress when models looked good. Instead of fixing issues author is adding features with more issues. There was modding community that had nice ideas and they stopped developing becouse of the way the game moves forward.

In short fixt the game first, fix models, animation, make it consistent, create game loops in sandbox.

jimdandy

Jul 1, 2017
I must say this is the most disappointing game development I've seen. Instead of creating consistent gameplay author is adding random stuff which I believe most people dont care about. I had big hopes for the game seeing its frist iteration (immediate uninstall after seeing those monster feemals) and seeing nice progress when models looked good. Instead of fixing issues author is adding features with more issues. There was modding community that had nice ideas and they stopped developing becouse of the way the game moves forward.

In short fixt the game first, fix models, animation, make it consistent, create game loops in sandbox.

The next update will be the first of the five updates involved in the . It will lay the important foundations for the whole overhaul:
- Implement a multi-threading system for the game. In general, multi-threading is an important back-end feature to optimize performance anyway, but specifically with regards to the v3.0 overhaul, multi-threading is pretty much required so that all our sophisticated AI calculations can take place completely 'behind the scenes' and not cause lags with 3d interactions and animations the player is seeing on screen. This is the foundation for the 'AI' aspect of the v3.0 overhaul.
- Add all 3d spaces for the rest of the location types in game (~80 of them in total!). This is the foundation for the 'Interaction' aspect of the v3.0 overhaul because NPCs and the daily activity animations need proper 3d spaces for all location types to be placed in.
- Add any new furniture and other objects required to make the 3d spaces above, since the current selection is only intended for bedrooms.
- Add an 'auto-distribute presets' system so that modders can start making presets right away for the different location types, so that community-made presets will be picked up and used by the game in addition to the vanilla presets that I've made myself.
- In summary, v3.0 Beta 1 will still play a lot like gameplay-wise (it's mostly just laying the foundation, Beta 3 and 4 will experience the most dramatic changes in gameplay), but all the 2d backgrounds for non-bedroom locations will have been replaced by full 3d areas. Also, you will also notice a performance improvement from multi-threading.
- March commissions from patrons and contributors
- Bug fixes and other improvements

Estimated Release Date: Saturday, 7 March

lmzza

Nov 3, 2017
Here's my third mod.
It's a HUGE addition to vin_pregnancy (around 1200% more content, not a joke :D), it can be used as stand alone but will used by my other mods. Despite the fact that a few things are only accessible when PimpYourGirl is installed. Please report bugs if you find one.

It's called: Better Pregnancy

Now pregnancy can be handled without the pregnancy notifications from the game (I recommend to turn it off, to make the system more rewarding). More real life experience as a pregnant female, more options with pregnant companions as well.

- Complete overhaul of the scenes for pregnant player & npcs: the game can now differentiate between a spouse that is pregnant from someone else or pregnant from you. Also the child will not always living with you from now on, depending on what your relationship to this NPC is. Also now children of your Dating/Wife don't look like you if your aren't the father.
- Adds the possibilty that NPCs can have childs with their boyfriend/husband, based on a random check
- Adds the possibilty to meet and date already pregnant woman!
- Adds pregnancy tests, buy it in supermarkets & pharmacy
- Adds pregnancy checks at doctor & hospital
- Adds abortions, possible until 160 days only at the doctor & hospital
- Adds adoptions, possible after giving birth
- Adds a lot of different small experiences and details with pregnancies and pregnant companions
- Adds the possiblity of vasectomies for male & trans players
- Adds prenatal classes that you can take with your companion
- Adds fertility drugs - CHECK IMPORTANT NOTICE!
- Adds chinese aphrosidiac, buy it in pharmacy & chemist
- Adds rape drugs, but it ... yeah find out yourself ... CHECK IMPORTANT NOTICE!
- Birth control pills & condoms still are working the same way
- Still supports pregnancies from creatures and pregnant shemales (if they are turned on/base mods are active)

IMPORTANT NOTICE:
1. NEW FERTILITY SYSTEM
This mod changes the whole fertility system! Your fertility is now 7 at default, but it will grow and sink depending on how healthy your lifestyle is. So this stat can raise through the game. Additionally you can take fertility drugs (works for all genders) to give you a fertility buff for a certain amount of time to higher the chance for a pregnancy.
Last but not least is fertility now based on age! This means that old women can't become pregnant anymore. Also as teen your are highly fertile and then fertility goes down day after day if you don't work to keep it up. After activation in the Mod Manager, the mod will constantly monitor and change the fertility stats and pregnancies from all npcs and the player as well.
NPC's now have fertility, but the game itself will not take this into account, at the moment it is used to calculate random NPC to NPC pregnancies. Other modder can use this stats, like PimpYourGirl will do with the next update.
If you want to turn this feature off, set the fertility system player stat to 0. If it is turned off the fertility will just slowly decrease throughout the game and all age groups can get pregnant like before.

2. RAPE DRUG & APHROSIDIACS
These two are implemented for use with other mods. I'll use them in two of my mods, including PimpYourGirl.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

UPDATE 1.0a
- Two small fixes in text content

UPDATE 1.1
- Added the first random calls from your pregnant wife/dating
- Additional story and sex events with pregnant women ... including fivesome scenes :D
- Added a lot more to the story of the two special characters + new character presets
- Bug fixes and adjustments all over the place for times, durations and money checks (no waiting times anymore)
- Bug fixes for male characters and birth
- A few fixes in the prenatal classes

UPDATE 1.2
IMPORTANT! PLEASE DELETE THE OLD MOD FILES BEFORE INSTALL THE UPDATE!
OTHERWISE SOME FIXES WILL NOT WORK!

- Bug fix for presets, before the game was using my presets to generate random chars
- Bug fix for NPCs giving birth, child is living with you
- Bug fix for last name of child when mother is affair
- Fixes for vin_base childcare so that scenes come up a bit more, chances were really low
- Fixed some scenes from vin_base to prevent that they pop up when your child is under 18
- Removed all NPC stats for tracking pregnancy that were needed (Now this is handled through a new game function)
- Added possibility of animal birth when player is pregnant from ... you know what! (to be honest, I didn't test, pls report bugs!)

UPDATE 1.3
No bugfixes, but a big content update!
- I decided to rewrite ALL the brith scenes completly to include all current possible scenarios (which are a LOT) and made them using only one stream of code. Added a lot of new dialog lines, rewrote existing dialogs, added adoption & family options, NTR stuff and a little bit of drama to the birth.
- Made the story line from the prenatal course available to male player characters when they take the course with a pregnant companion.
- Added a lot of random scenes when you have a pregnant dating/wife and you are male.

UPDATE 1.4
- Bugfix for other Player/NPC genders in birth discovery dialogs
- Bugfix for low pregnancy duration behavior
- A lot small fixes for spelling errors and english language in dialogs from ZTex (Thank you very much!)
- Adding info files & explanations for other modders (main folder)

UPDATE 1.5 (ONLY BUGFIXES)
- Bugfix for animal birth for female players without dating/husband (now no animal birth will happen)
- Bugfix for not tagged relationships for unexpected combinations (mainly incest)
- Bugfix for male players when affair gives birth to NPC child, the child has now the mothers last name, instead of a random name

UPDATE 1.6 (Lifeplay Version 2.15 required)
- USING THE NEW 3D ROOMS FOR MOST SCENES - A big thank you to Vima for designing most of them!!
View attachment 499331 View attachment 499332 View attachment 499333 View attachment 499334
- Added service functions and settings (to check and end pregnancies if needed)
- Dialog changes and fixes - Thank to ZTex for proofreading!
- Vima's fix for taking pets to the hospital :D
- Added a few random encounter for pregnant wifes/NPCs
- Small dialog changes in prenatal class and other places to make it more clear for player what they need to do
- Fix for prenatal course conditions to prevent the weird situtation of nurse being pregnant from you, your companion AND holding the course at the same time
- Fix for random calls when player & dating are pregnant
- Fix for pregnant woman giving birth twice
- Fix for already pregnant woman as dating/wife (birth sometimes was just skipped)

UPDATE 1.6a (Lifeplay Version 2.15 required)
- Small bugfix for random calls from your pregnant gf/wife

UPDATE 1.6b (Lifeplay Version 2.15 required)
- Excluded slaves and harem girls from doing relationship things
- Small fix for random calls

Please report any bugs, especially with female players.

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS (From vinfamy):
Download and extract the mod into Content/Modules
Make sure you don't leave an extra directory level for the mod, meaning:
For Better Pregnancy for example, it should go like this:
Modules/sb_BetterPregnancy/sb_BetterPregnancy.lpmod
and NOT
Modules/sb_BetterPregnancy_v1_3/sb_BetterPregnancy/sb_BetterPregnancy.lpmod
(If this is the case after you extract the mod, you need to move the sb_BetterPregnancy folder out to
Content/Modules and delete the (now empty) sb_BetterPregnancy_v1_3 folder)
After this, make sure the mod is active in the Mod Manager.
Also, please keep in mind this is a FULL REPLACEMENT of vin_pregnancy now, but you still need vin_pregnancy to be turned on.

MY OTHER MODS:
PIMP YOUR GIRL BEAUTY EXPANSION BETTER PREGNANCY PARTY & NIGHTLIFE
THE NEW GOODBYE NO MORE YOUTUBE WEIGHT & FITNESS

View attachment 455161 View attachment 455162 View attachment 455163 View attachment 455164
animal birth not work

3.30 star(s) 117 Votes