tmnchca

May 23, 2021
Just a suggestion: Right now the clothing system appears to be pretty binary. Either the player is wearing clothes or they are naked. I would suggest making nudity an integer. When the NPC is naked, it is at 100. But each article of clothing has a cover up factor that reduces the nudity level by a certain amount. So underwear would reduce the nudity value by less than a full dress/suit. This system would open up a world of possibilities for scenes to respond to how scandalous an npc is dressed. You could even have separate values for torso, legs and feet. So, for example, a scene could respond to a female walking around topless.

Adding stats to the player in a mod seems fairly trivial, but there may be some work involved in adding a "coverup" value to each clothing item. I haven't quite figured out how to modify the attributes of clothing items yet. Since you are messing around with clothing in the upcoming version anyway, it may be the ideal time to add a mechanic like this to the game.

Last edited:
Reactions: ThatCrew

Ravenger6660

Sep 14, 2017
Just a suggestion: Right now the clothing system appears to be pretty binary. Either the player is wearing clothes or they are naked. I would suggest making nudity an integer. When the NPC is naked, it is at 100. But each article of clothing has a cover up factor that reduces the nudity level by a certain amount. So underwear would reduce the nudity value by less than a full dress/suit. This system would open up a world of possibilities for scenes to respond to how scandalous an npc is dressed. You could even have separate values for torso, legs and feet. So, for example, a scene could respond to a female walking around topless.

Adding stats to the player in a mod seems fairly trivial, but there may be some work involved in adding a "coverup" value to each clothing item. I haven't quite figured out how to modify the attributes of clothing items yet. Since you are messing around with clothing in the upcoming version anyway, it may be the ideal time to add a mechanic like this to the game.
Some scene can check what is being covered.
[!Player.isVisible(Bottom) && !Player.isVisible(Bottom_Under)] Checks to see if you are bottomless.

[!Player.isVisible(Top) && !Player.isVisible(Top_Under) && !Player.isMale()] Checks to see if your female/futa is topless.

But no means to check if it is clothing see through or leave little to the imagination.

Some clothing does have "partial undress" but not sure how it will be applied yet.

I have a "Nudity Matters" mod.
https://f95zone.to/threads/lifeplay-v4-0-beta-4-vinfamy.11321/post-4138623

Original/old mod by Dbcaf
https://f95zone.to/threads/lifeplay-v4-0-beta-4-vinfamy.11321/post-3016638

Last edited:

tmnchca

May 23, 2021
Is there any way to open the clothes selection menu during a scene, except for a date/companion instead of the player? Or is the only way to dress a companion through the dress() functions?

tmnchca

May 23, 2021
Try with loadPreset() or openMenu(Inventory)
This only works on the player, not on the companion.

Is there a way to have clothing persist after a scene ends? It seems like on a scene close, the clothing is randomized again based on the location

Deleted member 2476484

Modder
Jun 15, 2020
Yeah, openMenu(Inventory) is for Player.
But, Actor.loadPreset(hourglass_F) is supposed to works
I didn't try but sometime you need to reset by doing this:
Actor.loadPreset()
Actor.loadPreset(hourglass_F)

tmnchca

May 23, 2021
But, Actor.loadPreset(hourglass_F) is supposed to works
Presets do not dictate clothing.

It would seem that outside of an active scene, the clothing worn is always random for every NPC except the player.

It would be nice if there was a way to adjust the wardrobe of a date/spouse. Or at least make it constant. The outfit changes every time the venue does.

Jul 19, 2020
hi guys, im new in game and i have a question, how do i instal mod's? when i tried the guru mod up here, the winrar says it doesnt't accept the file, and i cant put it on the game

Last edited:

tmnchca

May 23, 2021
Use a program called to extract. It does everything winrar does and much more. Winrar has been obsolete since the 90s.

Reactions: GNFNNVCN

MattShizzle

Oct 31, 2019
Must be a big update, usually it's been out for about 12 hours - sometimes even the day before. Of course technically it's always announced for that Saturday.

Reactions: AlexWolfJEDYNY

almostideal

May 12, 2020
Raddeck

Two things:

A: Are you okay if I do a UK localisation regarding confectionery? I know what you call Smarties, we call Refreshers (Smarties are closer to M&Ms here) also I have no idea what big ball hickeys but they sound like a euphemism for herpes ;) The others, I get but not really a thing here.

B: I had a game freeze with rk_SG_religious_discussion in the sex guru mod. Not sure if it was at my end or not.

edit: Except gummi bears, they're universal and I'm okay with licorice/liquorice, if you can't work that out it's you're own fault.

Last edited:

EliteWMF13 .

Feb 21, 2018
Ok so i have now played LifePlay for 2 months and i absolutely love it most games don't have Canadian cities its so much better then any game i have played in my life keep up the good work

almostideal

May 12, 2020
No, just tell me what you want to be changed and I will do it.

In short, because, when I'm gonna update, it's gonna be a mess...
Eg. After I will add _UK, it will look: rk_ConfectioneryShop_UK
And if you contribute: I will put you as a contributor for the UK version

Big Ball Hickeys is a hickey that is shaped like a ball and contains chewing gum inside. A candy with a stick that you lick.

Do you remember which scene! What did you do or click before it freeze?

In Canada that's the way we write it, licorice
That's why Vin need to add and change codes to be able to translate his game in other languages.
Fair enough, grab me in Discord some time. The game needs a few localisations as it's currently a mess of UK & US English.

The scene was rk_SG_religious_discussion (I think, it froze and I couldn't check) it started with some guy asking "What would god think of your religion?"

Deleted member 2476484

Modder
Jun 15, 2020
Fair enough, grab me in Discord some time. The game needs a few localisations as it's currently a mess of UK & US English.

The scene was rk_SG_religious_discussion (I think, it froze and I couldn't check) it started with some guy asking "What would god think of your religion?"
Thanks, I will make some tests.

Edit: I was able to replicated your bug, I'm working on that.

Last edited:

almostideal

May 12, 2020
My API request for LifePlay
This is a list of API calls that would help making LP modding easier / better.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I disagree with food/energy not being linked. Food is literally your body's energy source, if you don't eat you don't have energy. I know I'm being a facetious asshole about this but they are the same thing, your body just expresses them in different ways.

Also, thanks, I will look into the github links.

3.30 star(s) 117 Votes