Fuzzcat

Oct 27, 2017
99% of them are out dated and are buggy,or dont work at all,
Dude, you keep repeating this constantly, and to every new player, and doesn't helps to make the game better known since mods are actually an important aspect (as you said, it's an open source and that's part of the charm).
Which game version are you using?

Most mods are made from modders that regularly post here, and keep doing even more mods and updating them.
I'm using practically all of them, and unless there's a collision between specific content (and I made sure not to pick two mods that collide), I have absolutely no problems.
Maybe your version is too old? (because youkeep modfying constantly the files, you might have not bothered to update the game base?)

TurboShark

Jan 14, 2018
Can someone help me out? :(
Scenes are chosen at random if all of their conditions are met. The only way to increase the probability of a particular scene firing is to remove other scenes you don't want to see. If you only turn up the scene frequency in the settings, that will merely increase the likelihood of a scene firing in general.

Mercedes

Nov 19, 2017
@ straydogg
Thanks for the hint
I didn't look in the settings, because I assumed performance settings.
Some of my suggestions have therefore become superfluous.

**************************************************************************************************
Unfortunately, though, there are still some logic errors.
For example, I just set it up to go to jail. After a few weeks (with only one random event), unfortunately, an event (birth of my child) occurred that automatically took me from the prison to a clinic.
All my actions are stopped, I can't even go to sleep, because I am now in the office of the prison. I could play now standing at the desk the next 4.5 years in the fast run and put myself simply to sleep, if in the meantime my sister would not have also delivered and I get now each day a message that she has born a boy or a daughter. That now still 1,625 times to confirm is then too stupid for me and the score is deleted after almost 11 months including 175 days in prison.

Don't get me wrong, the game offers a lot of variety and you can play as a shy wallflower as well as a slut^10 and everything in between. But it's the dead ends like this that unfortunately ruin the gameplay experience.

Translated with (free version)

Fuzzcat

Oct 27, 2017
Unfortunately, though, there are still some logic errors.
For example, I just set it up to go to jail. After a few weeks (with only one random event), unfortunately, an event (birth of my child) occurred that automatically took me from the prison to a clinic.
All my actions are stopped, I can't even go to sleep, because I am now in the office of the prison. I could play now standing at the desk the next 4.5 years in the fast run and put myself simply to sleep, if in the meantime my sister would not have also delivered and I get now each day a message that she has born a boy or a daughter. That now still 1,625 times to confirm is then too stupid for me and the score is deleted after almost 11 months including 175 days in prison.

Don't get me wrong, the game offers a lot of variety and you can play as a shy wallflower as well as a slut^10 and everything in between. But it's the dead ends like this that unfortunately ruin the gameplay experience.
Have in mind that LifepLay it's made by a single guy.
Consider the amount of work ONLY in the graphic aspect (which has been fully updated several times with all the work that implies).
Now consider the amount of work put into the system, the game doesn't uses a pre-made base as RPGmaker or has a base program like Ren'py.
Also, consider the amount of system variables, with all the data input from character stats, PLUS body variations, and combine it with the above system data. Insane.
And then, consider the amount of content, which has to be built with all the mentioned above.

So yes, the game has issues, dead ends, bugs, and more.
But it gets better as Vinfamy works polishing this and that. It's not possibly to expect a full working game like this fast, much less for free, AND player-friendly (since it can be modded relatively easy).

That being said... yeah, Prison is underwhelming.
Events take ages to trigger (might need a revision at some point). They do work, but the timer set is way too long.
There's not much content if you block specific content... after all, you know more or less what to expect in prison lol!
But the thing that bothers me more (events can be modified easily to trigger often), is the damned cell itself. It's so small that you can't see much of what happens, and you need to spin the camera constantly to get a simple angle...

Reactions: eightypercent

Deadmeataru

Feb 24, 2020
so, I know this is probably hopeless but I screwed up. Have several characters, use different saves. so I was playing with my save 7 character and accidentally saved it on save 9, which is now overwritten. now the save 9 character and all my progress is gone (of course that was the char I had played the furthest in). is there any way to get it back? and before you ask my last copy of the save game folder was from before I created save 9 in the 1st place. also, the windows "file history" thing, apparently that has to be turned on manually and it never was before. there isn't like a hidden incremental save somewhere I can use to restore it, is there?

Ravenger6660

Sep 14, 2017
I don't like how small prison cell were. So I made a new prison. I converted the some bookshelves to look like bars & turn double beds to single ones. Even though I can't get the PC to sleep in the bed they do fuck on it quite easily.

Note: When placing more than one bed, the first bed you place is the preferred choice, thus why character always seem to fuck on middle bed.

Prison2.png
PrisonSexPlace.png Prison1.png

Last edited:

Mercedes

Nov 19, 2017
Ravenger6660

The idea is good and would offer some new triggers.

It could also be used as a cell in a police station, more or less as a sobering-up cell and only with one, maximum two overnight stays.
That would allow a mixed workforce and contact with staff.

Since we are on the subject of prison (and in memory of some more or less good movies).
Shower, laundry, yard, sports field, work in workshop or farm.
Strip search, more smuggling options, economic system (cigarettes or sex, 3 cigarettes for oral, 8 for vaginal, 10 for anal, phone call outside costs 1 cigarette per minute. Shampoo 3, luxury body lotion 15).

What would one have to do now to even have the right to such proposals?
I assume at least level 5, since it would be 6 places.
But what is the difference between scene and animation?
That I describe a scene, of course. For example, training with dumbbells in the yard. But there are already animations for that. Does it mean that I can suggest 6 scenes, but only three of them would be animated and the other three would be pure text messages?

Ravenger6660

Sep 14, 2017
Ravenger6660

The idea is good and would offer some new triggers.

It could also be used as a cell in a police station, more or less as a sobering-up cell and only with one, maximum two overnight stays.
That would allow a mixed workforce and contact with staff.

Since we are on the subject of prison (and in memory of some more or less good movies).
Shower, laundry, yard, sports field, work in workshop or farm.
Strip search, more smuggling options, economic system (cigarettes or sex, 3 cigarettes for oral, 8 for vaginal, 10 for anal, phone call outside costs 1 cigarette per minute. Shampoo 3, luxury body lotion 15).

What would one have to do now to even have the right to such proposals?
I assume at least level 5, since it would be 6 places.
But what is the difference between scene and animation?
That I describe a scene, of course. For example, training with dumbbells in the yard. But there are already animations for that. Does it mean that I can suggest 6 scenes, but only three of them would be animated and the other three would be pure text messages?

Q: laundry, yard, sports field, work in workshop or farm.
A: Can't do that stuff. Would require a lot of hard coding to create action that changes room.

Q: Strip search & economic system
A: Could make a scene for that. And an action to trigger scene in prison.

Q: difference between scene and animation?
A: Scene is a script of instructions to PC and other actors.
Animation is something an actor or PC can do. Works best as actions but a few work in scenes.

Actor.animate(martialart) //actor swings arms like they are fighting a ghost

Actor.animate(yoga) //will only work if a yoga mat is in room.

Action bathe //actor will teleport to bathroom and if there is a bathtub in room sit in bathtub. Hard coded can't be changed. Does not work in scenes.

training with dumbbells in the yard// not possible. Would be text only scene.

Last edited:

Mercedes

Nov 19, 2017
Actually, only the first part of the message was intended for you. :ROFLMAO:

But let's take a normal daily routine in prison.
Get up, breakfast, work with lunch break, continue working, 1h community time (dining room or yard with TV, reading, sports), lockdown in cell until lights out.
Work in laundry or kitchen. That would be just a permanent activity (animation washing dishes is already present) as just the work itself, which is then possibly interrupted by intermediate sequences.
An intrusive guard/prisoner harasses you or another prisoner (choice whether to intervene or not).
You intervene and it may come to a fight (attributes/skills decide).
One receives reputation with the opponent (he has a gang in the back there is probably massive trouble, there were other prisoners who were harassed and now turn to one for protection (harem possible).

Just to continue this one basic idea sensibly, there would probably be three dozen variations. Accordingly, I just have a problem understanding what can be proposed and how extensive it can become to be feasible.
A developer does not work for free, that much is clear to me. But I also don't want to spend money now without knowing what I could expect after 6 months a 15€, because it would still depend on the outcome of various surveys on which part is currently being worked on.
Even if the jail would land 2x among the top, in the end only a half-finished product would stand there. Well, and the jail wouldn't be the only thing I'd have ideas for.

BeholdTheWizzard

Oct 25, 2017
According to the Lp launcher, all the modules/mods are up to date but I don't recall it ever updating in months and months.
Is it even working?

Vinfamy

creating moddable 3D life simulator
Game Developer
Jul 5, 2017
44.jpg

Windows (64-bit):
- - -
Windows (32-bit):
- - -
Linux:
- - -

Update Only: (requires v4.0 Stable or later)
Windows (64-bit):
- - -
Windows (32-bit):
- - -
Linux:
- - -

Change Log:
- 14 new hairstyles for female characters

R0y

Nov 25, 2017
so, I know this is probably hopeless but I screwed up. Have several characters, use different saves. so I was playing with my save 7 character and accidentally saved it on save 9, which is now overwritten. now the save 9 character and all my progress is gone (of course that was the char I had played the furthest in). is there any way to get it back? and before you ask my last copy of the save game folder was from before I created save 9 in the 1st place. also, the windows "file history" thing, apparently that has to be turned on manually and it never was before. there isn't like a hidden incremental save somewhere I can use to restore it, is there?
I lost my saves once & pm Vinfamy it. And he told me there are 2 different saves. Appdata.local lifeplay which is the game saves,,,,, and lifeplay/content/modules/saves which is model saves. So I still had the models but not the game saves. Hope this helps....

nakonnako

May 1, 2018
vinfamy, you really should fix your npc ai or something ...so that it didn't do things like this ..its one of the main issue of this game.
also imo it needs to have a dialog box for the character to talk (above the character maybe?) not just empty text (and having it don't automatically make it a vn-like)

1625796627104.png

Last edited:
Reactions: L E W D

macadam

Chicken Bubble Butt
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2016
vinfamy, you really should fix your npc ai or something ...so that it didn't do things like this ..its one of the main issue of this game.
also imo it needs to have a dialog box for the character to talk (above the character maybe?) not just empty text (and having it don't automatically make it a vn-like)

View attachment 1288141
i think there is a mod that allow to move npc position. when i installed some, i noticed that there is small window to put coordinate to move npcs.

but yeah.. otherwise, it would be nice to fix this. also fixing the positioning during sex, even in bedroom, characters tend to stay on like 1/3 of the bed and hover on 2/3

Leo967

Jun 4, 2017
Wow, this game is still going ahead at full tilt. It been awhile since I looked at the game. Is the map navigation easier? Is it simple to get a job? Do I start off with a job? Can I start off at different ages, Just grad High School, College student, post college late young adult, etc? The latest update about hair, what else has updated from the old 2.0 days (I think it was 2.0, I couldn't find my workplace after I got a job, or find home cause I went exploring and got lost. Also, they kept updating sex stuff but basic game function were bugged and I accidently discard clothes, and there were no option to get them back even if they were discard in my room.)

Deadmeataru

Feb 24, 2020
View attachment 1287775

Windows (64-bit):
MEGA - - -
Windows (32-bit):
MEGA - - -
Linux:
MEGA - - -

Update Only: (requires v4.0 Stable or later)
Windows (64-bit):
MEGA - - -
Windows (32-bit):
MEGA - - -
Linux:
MEGA - - -

Change Log:
- 14 new hairstyles for female characters
do NOT update without backing up your saves 1st. I just made that mistake and now my main character has been turned in to the NPC I was on a date with when I had to log to go to work-and I'm still on a date with her. I did NOT use the transfer command. my MC is apparently gone entirely, meaning 30+ hours of play are shot to shit. yes, I checked the characters in the saved game folder, the info is hers (the NPC) and the info for old player isn't for any char I ever played in this save, I haven't read all 100+ character files but as near as I can tell none of the character files is my original MC. as to reading the appdata save it's just gibberish to me but I know this is NOT a change that I made. honestly not sure it's worth the effort to start a new game at this point and do the character surgery necessary to reestablish all my relationships, business assets and progress. game's been wonky anyway, gave me a GF that had never even been a contact, renamed (twice) my sister and removed her from my poly girlfriends without any command from me (I was able to get her back via play but it was hella annoying to have to do). gonna start a new game so I don't screw with the attached presumably corrupted save in the hopes that someone who can read this shit can debug whatever happened or tell me how to. sucks, things were getting interesting...

macadam

Chicken Bubble Butt
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2016
Wow, this game is still going ahead at full tilt. It been awhile since I looked at the game. Is the map navigation easier? Is it simple to get a job? Do I start off with a job? Can I start off at different ages, Just grad High School, College student, post college late young adult, etc? The latest update about hair, what else has updated from the old 2.0 days (I think it was 2.0, I couldn't find my workplace after I got a job, or find home cause I went exploring and got lost. Also, they kept updating sex stuff but basic game function were bugged and I accidently discard clothes, and there were no option to get them back even if they were discard in my room.)
lots changed.
getting a job is way easier now, as much as getting a home and all.
you can start with any age and you can choose to spawn mostly young girls/man, or elder, or elf, or else and even select ethnicity from asian to white to black, arabian etc..
sex is more easy now and the UI is better, there is simple icons and all.

Reactions: Ssato243
3.30 star(s) 116 Votes