EmDotRand

Sep 7, 2020
It'll happen with this or another game like it once AI gets a little more common. We're on the edge of it being a thing and it's no longer something in some impossible sci-fi future. Will be interesting for sure to see how games use these features.
Publicly available AI models still have some way to go before they are production ready. They're still too inconsistent stylistically compared to a 3d model with a few different shape keys or a 2D image with variant layers. Tale of Khostol is a great example of how your proposal can go wrong. That said, a few custom models with a diet of stylistically similar images could be trained for the task.

Kallumin

Jan 2, 2018
The game is very, very good when you first play it. Your ability to customize your MC (and your slaves/friends/offspring) is unmatched by pretty much every other game. There's tons of main story and sidequest content to play through at first, and the sandbox mode is imho pretty much unmatched. And there are enough variable outcomes to some quests that a second playthrough is worthwhile.

And you see that new players are nearly always amazed by this game by the high number of good reviews LT gets from those new players.

The issue is the completely unacceptable update pace, which is just glacially slow. And the few updates we get are also far too small, and too often don't even progress the main story. So if you look at TiTS, CoC2, or Degrees of Lewdity for example, they all get more or less regular updates that have a good amount of meat to them. So you can be a follower of those games, and regularly replay them for the updates.

The few, rare updates LT gets usually are not worth it to replay the game. That's a big failure on Inno's part. And I fully understand why this sours the attitude of a lot of people towards the game. Because the game IS VERY GOOD! It's fun to play it, and it's fun when one has a lot of new content to explore. But you have to wait like two years between playthroughs to get the same amount of new content that some other games get in their monthly updates, and that made me mad.

I've stopped being truly engaged in LT as a result of this. I no longer care about Inno's glacially slow update pace. I still follow the thread to skim whether there's content I want to play through, and after enough updates have come out, I'm giving LT another go. And I always enjoy playing it. I would love it if this great game got regular updates like others get, but I've resigned myself to the fact that it's worth to replay it like once a year.

If you've never played LT before, and like text based games, do give the game a shot. You will enjoy it. Just be aware of the fact that once you've exhausted the game, it will be a long time until it's worth it to replay it again for new content.

tentacruel

Feb 2, 2020
Which version of java are you using? The recommended one is java8u172 (and java8u202 seems to work for me too), but letting it update to java8u301 causes this. Uninstalling the u301 update from the control panel should fix it. Disabling autoupdates is also needed to prevent it getting bugged again.
Thank you, you saved my life. I've played the game a while ago, and when I tried to play it again it just woun't do anything the way I wanted it to do.

squidmissiles

Nov 25, 2022
Idk if it's just a problem I have, but for some reason neither the exe or the jar runs for me, I can open them and a transparent window will show up for a second and then just immediately closes :confused:

BobCarter

Jan 28, 2018
Idk if it's just a problem I have, but for some reason neither the exe or the jar runs for me, I can open them and a transparent window will show up for a second and then just immediately closes :confused:
Do you have Java Installed? Do you run an anti-virus? What OS are you using

squidmissiles

Nov 25, 2022
Do you have Java Installed? Do you run an anti-virus? What OS are you using
On Windows, I have the latest version of Java, though I thought it would run with the exe since the recommended Java version is included in the download? Also have malwarebytes installed but it didn't flag anything as a virus.

Edit: Huh. The problem was just the mods I had installed... Not sure why it messes up so badly

Last edited:

BobCarter

Jan 28, 2018
On Windows, I have the latest version of Java, though I thought it would run with the exe since the recommended Java version is included in the download? Also have malwarebytes installed but it didn't flag anything as a virus.

Edit: Huh. The problem was just the mods I had installed... Not sure why it messes up so badly
Likely installed them wrong, make sure to put them in a folder inside the folder. If not might be a version that no longer works.

CaptainBipto

Sep 20, 2018

1 or 2 versions ago Inno updated the game to support Java 17 and it seemed to break quite a few mods. Not every mod was affected, but a fair number were affected and having those outdated mods would crash your game randomly. Best thing you can do is look for updated versions of the mods you use and add mods back in 1 or 2 at a time and see how things go for you.

Reactions: OneWayMissile

ManAssEnjoyer

Nov 2, 2022
It's almost comedic how badly Inno fucked up packaging this game. It seems like it is the hardest thing in the world to get running consistently

Reactions: Edwarf
4.10 star(s) 119 Votes