Mar 18, 2019
Reading some comments got me thinking how this situation actually negatively affects my gameplay.

Since I know there is no mom content I just skip her lines, going by the logic of no content -> no decisions -> nothing she says will affect the story in any way -> skip. I actually didn't even think of the possibility she will get merked (or, more realistically, father blackmails us to work for him through threatening to merk her).

Now that you guys put the bug in my head I actually hope she dies, that way she's out of the game and the problem of her model being great, but not serving a purpose beyond "plot device" would simply fix itself.

Reminds me of ViKtor's lab assistant in Arcane.

• Angry
Reactions: Oliz82

Dessolos

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 25, 2017
Nice to see people are getting along.
Anyways wanted to mention that I'll be closing the poll tomorrow. So if you haven't voted, I'd suggest doing so now.

I'd like to reply to everyone's comments but I'm a little tired right now and would like to get some sleep. I've got tomorrow off so if you have any questions or suggestions you want answered, let me know.
Well if you are taking questions there is one thing that has been kind of bugging me since I played this wonderful game for the first time and my theory probably makes little to no sense especially when you consider dev time. Since the MC is away for 2 months is it safe to assume most of the girls we met at the university are side girls? Cause to me living at home away from them feels like a mini reset of the relationships of a sort cause I cant think of a reason why they would visit us or we visit them before the 2 months considering exams are close.

Cause as of right now my theory is there is 2 sets of main girls depending on a decision we probably will make about our fathers company later. I would think that decision influences if we stay at home or go back to university and which set of main girls we would be able to peruse / be near. But that theory doesnt make sense to me when you consider the dev time I think. So it's something that been on my mind alot and bugging me. If it's something you dont want to answer cause it will be spoilers about future content I understand but figure id ask anyways.

Thanks for making this wonderful game it's in my top 10.

Reactions: kardol

Dessolos

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 25, 2017
Reading some comments got me thinking how this situation actually negatively affects my gameplay.

Since I know there is no mom content I just skip her lines, going by the logic of no content -> no decisions -> nothing she says will affect the story in any way -> skip. I actually didn't even think of the possibility she will get merked (or, more realistically, father blackmails us to work for him through threatening to merk her).

Now that you guys put the bug in my head I actually hope she dies, that way she's out of the game and the problem of her model being great, but not serving a purpose beyond "plot device" would simply fix itself.

Reminds me of ViKtor's lab assistant in Arcane.
I would hope something that she says or a decision we make later would make her do something that would affect the story at some point even if it's to a small degree. Just cause she isn't a LI doesn't mean she cant have any impact on the story or the MC at some point. I may be in the minority in this thread since most want her to be a LI but I think getting rid of the mother would be worse for the story to me. The wholesomeness of the mother is what I like about her and some of my favorite moments since we got into Chapter 4 and why I never thought once I want the MC to have sex with her just cause she is a hot character model.

Reactions: Oliz82 and Mipecio

Acsuka

Mar 25, 2023
Well if you are taking questions there is one thing that has been kind of bugging me since I played this wonderful game for the first time and my theory probably makes little to no sense especially when you consider dev time. Since the MC is away for 2 months is it safe to assume most of the girls we met at the university are side girls? Cause to me living at home away from them feels like a mini reset of the relationships of a sort cause I cant think of a reason why they would visit us or we visit them before the 2 months considering exams are close.

Cause as of right now my theory is there is 2 sets of main girls depending on a decision we probably will make about our fathers company later. I would think that decision influences if we stay at home or go back to university and which set of main girls we would be able to peruse / be near. But that theory doesnt make sense to me when you consider the dev time I think. So it's something that been on my mind alot and bugging me. If it's something you dont want to answer cause it will be spoilers about future content I understand but figure id ask anyways.

That's exactly what I thought too. In the current state of the game, there is only one girl who keeps in touch with MC on the phone. The others we met almost disappear, and there is no possibility to build a relationship. The first girl MC has sex with is literally out of the game, even though I think it could be the defining relationship of his life. It's frustrating that you like a girl and you can't communicate with her, because new girls always come into the story. Choosing between two cities makes this even more difficult, and you may even lose friends. Now I don't see where this story will lead, but I hope these questions will be resolved and soon we will see the girls we have met so far...

walker188

Apr 30, 2017
I would really like Alex to be a girl in disguise. This character has really unique and attractive female face and hairstyle and overall style, it would be a waste of great female potential for a good romance and intresting story if you leave him just as guy. Alex simply craving to be a female, from both sides - story and aesthetic. The first time I saw this character, I immediately thought - "damn this girl is so good and unique, might be my top LI in future", but alas (atleast from what i saw in this topic about author's decisions on Alex)

(perhaps for lovers of trans or gay content - it will not be waste. Just my personal humble opinion as a girls lover)
On the one hand, games like this (where there are real characters and even MALE characters who have their own arcs and love interests) are so rare in this genre it's ridiculous and it would only make the game better to have Alex be your 'back home bro', and frankly you're already going to fuck his mom....

Buuuuuut.... There is just something about Alex. Why the cute fem face on that tiny little body? If he is actually a she in disguise, splitting her open would be just the kind of semi fucked up but super duper hot content we've come to expect from this dev.

Reactions: youngethan

Niuul

Jun 25, 2022

That's actually true. From a story standpoint, you interacted with the first set of introduced LI once or twice then disappear for 2 months. The only one you keep in contact with is Torrie, but even then it's twice so far. It's quite the reset to any relationship building since no real foundation was built in the first place.

But yeah, that's gonna be an annoying dev cycle if the story branches between a choice of university or home town. No one really knows each other well enough to consider traveling back and forth.

Mipecio

Oct 3, 2021
On the one hand, games like this (where there are real characters and even MALE characters who have their own arcs and love interests) are so rare in this genre it's ridiculous and it would only make the game better to have Alex be your 'back home bro', and frankly you're already going to fuck his mom....

Buuuuuut.... There is just something about Alex. Why the cute fem face on that tiny little body? If he is actually a she in disguise, splitting her open would be just the kind of semi fucked up but super duper hot content we've come to expect from this dev.
Plus Alex got some real nice booty too. Yeah.. I think he could actually be she but trans.

jemmylyn

Dec 23, 2023

I agree. The potential for the “gender disguise and reveal” storyline is so great that it would be a shame not to take advantage of it. I can say the same about Alex’s appearance, she is a very beautiful girl and her character goes very well with her appearance, there is something very special about her, that I rarely see in games. The options for building a super hot storyline with the girl Alex are huge. I would easily accept the idea of Alex being "just a bro" if his appearance wasn't so full of female beautifulness, it's too damn hot, too special.

"Just a bro" line is just a bro, just another common line, that appears in a bunch of games. I just look at Alex and this line simply doesn’t fit with the character in my head. Such a character deserves better, he/she is too good for such a simple, boring line.

Acsuka

Mar 25, 2023
Well, it seems that there is still a lot of speculation about Alex... Maybe we should ask the developer to make a beach scene and then we will see what Alex is wearing... Bikini or swimming trunks? :unsure:

BitingTheBullet

Game Developer
Apr 9, 2018
Was talking to a friend earlier and he told me before the rework Alex used to have a beard and look like a guy. So if that is the case not a surprise. But yeah I was hoping Alex would be the childhood friend LI when you first see him in the prologue before I realized it was a dude.
Two different characters. Alex was introduced with the rework rather than pre-existing. I had his character designed sometime around Ch3A and was going to introduce him in Ch4 but saw a great opportunity to add a small scene in the opening for new players.

The other bearded character is Garrett, the professor. He had minimal changes to him.

Reactions: Ken Moreno

BitingTheBullet

Game Developer
Apr 9, 2018
Out of a total of 400 votes combined from both questions, here are the poll results.
meta-chart.png
  1. Natasha - 54
  2. Eliza - 48
  3. April - 47
  4. Savannah - 44
  5. Piper - 41
  6. Linda - 40

Definitely surprised that Alejandra was a sleeper waifu for a lot of guys. And also that Lili was so low. Honestly expected them to be opposites.

For those who voted for the top 6, congrats!
For those who didn't, don't fret. I might use one of the girls as a side-piece/one-off fling.

After this poll, the Official list of Love Interests are as follows:

1. April
  2. Costanza
  3. Eliza
  4. Fiona
  5. Kaylee
  6. Linda
  7. Natasha
  8. Piper
  9. Savannah
  10. Sylvia
  11. Torrie
Now that the selection is clear, expect future content to be focused on these ladies and for those who are vary about development burden and what not, It's okay. I've got a good amount of time in these three months to put a tight plan together without it feeling forced.

BitingTheBullet

Game Developer
Apr 9, 2018
BitingTheBullet
Hey, I'm finding that the skip unseen text function, even when turned off, will still skip text about 50% of the time? It's acting weirdly inconsistent.

Is it just me, or did you use two different models for Fiona...? It was particularly striking for me because one hairdo is used for a mid-30's character in Braindrop's WVM game.

Going through a skip playthrough, I checked out Eliza's path for kicking in the arcade door, but had 1/2 Strength, kept going down the branch after failing, and then got an error for the respect relationship choice.

It does rollback surprisingly cleanly, though.

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/chapters/chap3B/scripts/ch3p37.rpy", line 1222, in script
    $ MC_respect += 1 #Respect 41
  File "game/chapters/chap3B/scripts/ch3p37.rpy", line 1222, in <module>
NameError: name 'MC_respect' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/chapters/chap3B/scripts/ch3p37.rpy", line 1222, in script
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 928, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "renpy/python.py", line 2245, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
  File "game/chapters/chap3B/scripts/ch3p37.rpy", line 1222, in <module>
NameError: name 'MC_respect' is not defined

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.11.2266
V.4.2.0
Sun Mar 17 17:13:15 2024
thanks for pointing it out. Definitely a mistake on my end. It's supposed to be MC_resp not MC_respect

I'm fairly sure that the persistent data got screwed up. I'm making fresh version for Windows and Mac.

Fiona's model was the exact same
Just heavier makeup around the eyes, glasses and different hairdo. It's like she's Clark Kent with glasses and Superman without em.

Last edited:

BitingTheBullet

Game Developer
Apr 9, 2018
I'm not 100% sure on this so take this with a grain of salt. But when I was speed running through the game picking asshole choices to get rude points to see the Piper scene. I saw one with Linda I missed so either I just picked the wrong dialogue or choices or she needs rude points as well.
I dont remember putting Linda behind any rude paths. You likely ran into an alternative route for her or something.

Reactions: Ken Moreno

Niuul

Jun 25, 2022
Out of a total of 400 votes combined from both questions, here are the poll results.
View attachment 3454965
  1. Natasha - 54
  2. Eliza - 48
  3. April - 47
  4. Savannah - 44
  5. Piper - 41
  6. Linda - 40

Definitely surprised that Alejandra was a sleeper waifu for a lot of guys. And also that Lili was so low. Honestly expected them to be opposites.

For those who didn't, don't fret. I might use one of the girls as a side-piece/one-off fling.

1. April
  2. Costanza
  3. Eliza
  4. Fiona
  5. Kaylee
  6. Linda
  7. Natasha
  8. Piper
  9. Savannah
  10. Sylvia
  11. Torrie
Now that the selection is clear, expect future content to be focused on these ladies and for those who are vary about development burden and what not, It's okay. I've got a good amount of time in these three months to put a tight plan together without it feeling forced.

Awww yeah. Fiona. Love me some red heads. Excited to see more Savannah as well after her rework.

ProjectSkywardFan

Jun 1, 2022
View attachment 3454965
  1. Natasha - 54
  2. Eliza - 48
  3. April - 47
  4. Savannah - 44
  5. Piper - 41
  6. Linda - 40

1. April
  2. Costanza
  3. Eliza
  4. Fiona
  5. Kaylee
  6. Linda
  7. Natasha
  8. Piper
  9. Savannah
  10. Sylvia
  11. Torrie
I am so happy Piper and April both made it they are my favorites

Reactions: reb95

Dessolos

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 25, 2017
I'm just happy Eliza and April made it to the list the most after their introduction they quickly become ones of my new favorites. Sylvia still my favorite character but unsure if I will or wont peruse her as a LI probably will cause every interaction with her makes me like her that much more. While I wasn't worried about Fiona , Kylee or Costanza glad they are on the list.

I'm more surprised about Natasha for me she was kind of mid for me. She is someone id go after before Piper and Torrie but everyone else before her haha. Tho I was kind a hoping June might of made it on the list was setting up to potentially be an
okay or fun storyline. As if I recall correctly she was wanting to keep things a secret from Fiona if you did date.

Acsuka

Mar 25, 2023
I was a bit surprised by the ranking of the girls... However, I am happy that the three girls I like are on the list. Costanza, who is a "bunny girl" and seems nice, is also MC's friend's sister, so the story will be even more interesting... Fiona, of course, because she is a red-haired and cheerful party type... Finally, the "secret favorite" Sylvia. I have very mixed feelings about her because she is "unfortunately" MC's little sister and I don't feel the "incest" is right in this game... However, I love her character because she is very cute, modest, beautiful and overall a very lovable girl...
I'm really looking forward to where this story goes and how the characters can connect with each other even more... Because I don't think the best LI is the girl who "gives herself in" first...

Reactions: reb95
4.40 star(s) 42 Votes