BiancaB

Apr 26, 2018
aaaaaaaaaaand not that big surprise that game crashes during mia's and emma's lesbian scene after emma cums due mia's licking and as usual last save spot is mia picking dildo so looooooooooong ago.

do we really have to buy 32 Gigs of memory to be able to play this w/o crashing?

I'll try tomorrow again.

at this rate version is 1.5 before those with normal 8 Gig memory have passed version 1.2. more savespots would help but no, either rewatch scenes again and again or buy enuf memory that game doesn't crash.
Total crazy right?
With the graphics you should expect that it would even run on an 15 year old laptop with windows 2000/XP.
Most late 2018 games would not even use 4 to 8 GB of memory at most.

So, next episode should has the need of 64GB of ram? :eek:penedeyewink:

Maverick43

Dec 29, 2017
aaaaaaaaaaand not that big surprise that game crashes during mia's and emma's lesbian scene after emma cums due mia's licking and as usual last save spot is mia picking dildo so looooooooooong ago.

do we really have to buy 32 Gigs of memory to be able to play this w/o crashing?

I'll try tomorrow again.

at this rate version is 1.5 before those with normal 8 Gig memory have passed version 1.2. more savespots would help but no, either rewatch scenes again and again or buy enuf memory that game doesn't crash.
About black screen and freeze in act 3, I don't thing it's a memory prob. I did a check when it happends and found this:
I've 8 gb laptop and they are only 24% used but four instances of game.exe

Living_Mia_5.png

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
my attempt crashed again at same spot aka emma cumming and during just mia's early scenes game used nearly 4 GB of memory. 1.5 GB during mia dildoing herself on couch, 2.3 GB during stroking, 2.6 GB when emma comes in, and ~4 GB when emma cums and game crashes (total memory usage was 6.4 GB so 1.6 GB left).

I give up until dev either gives more chances to save (its long stint from mia getting dildo to emma cumming and I'm totally getting tired of watching it) or game stops hoarding memory or I buy new computer with 32GB memory and SSD drive.

IncetonGames

Game Developer
Jun 18, 2018
@
I wrote to you on Twitter, duplicate here. Playing the game (Living with Mia Act3 v.1.2b), I probably found a mistake. Perhaps you did not mean "parent's", but "sister's"?
Yeah, the ID number was wrong. Fixed for next version.

IncetonGames

Game Developer
Jun 18, 2018
Fixed :)

Is there any way to get the chair scene to work?
I don't like missing out on stuff in games that is a pet peeve of mine an why i don't like using other peoples saves.

I truly loved this game til act 3 being so buggy that you need a $1000 super PC to play an using another persons save is hard for me since i really hate missing stuff, it is called a completionist i guess i got it from playing old JRPG's an it just eats at the back of my mind if i miss something!
It is weird that 8 GB of ram is not enough!
Yeah, we're aware of the memory usage. RPG Maker itself has a lot of memory usage problems and with the images bumped up to a higher quality, it takes even more. We asked Patrons and the conclusion was that they love the high def images more than they hate crashes. We put a few spots in the chair scene where you can save the game (Loading a game usually fixes the problem since the memory refreshes when the game shuts down).
We still plan on finding ways to optimize it, it's just that it's proving to no result after all.
Sorry to hear that you can't enjoy the scene, as said above, the only solution we have for now is saving and loading.

Catwashere

Futa lover!
Donor
Jan 28, 2018

Yeah, we're aware of the memory usage. RPG Maker itself has a lot of memory usage problems and with the images bumped up to a higher quality, it takes even more. We asked Patrons and the conclusion was that they love the high def images more than they hate crashes. We put a few spots in the chair scene where you can save the game (Loading a game usually fixes the problem since the memory refreshes when the game shuts down).
We still plan on finding ways to optimize it, it's just that it's proving to no result after all.
Sorry to hear that you can't enjoy the scene, as said above, the only solution we have for now is saving and loading.
When you say fixed for the not going outside and the duplicate image after the chair scene along with adding more save spots, do you mean you fixed it all for the next version or is there a patch?
How do i get these fixes that you keep saying?

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
downloading next version.

for some reason i played just fine 1.1 version to end but 1.2a/b have both crashed way before end.

Hermit76

Apr 15, 2018
Programmers can't expect the players to buy 16 GB of RAM to make their game run! And it seems that even 16 GB aren't enough. So I guess there must be somewhere a kind of endless loop that shuffles data into the RAM until the game crashes. I bet, even 32 GB would not prevent that - it would only take longer then...

Reactions: Penfold Mole

Catwashere

Futa lover!
Donor
Jan 28, 2018
Programmers can't expect the players to buy 16 GB of RAM to make their game run! And it seems that even 16 GB aren't enough. So I guess there must be somewhere a kind of endless loop that shuffles data into the RAM until the game crashes. I bet, even 32 GB would not prevent that - it would only take longer then...
People are getting by with 16 GB but like you said we should not have to spend what is it like 100$ for 8gb of ram?
It seems it is more then one issue though some people are saying it is not ram but for me it is ram i get an error saying it is my ram and i have 8 gb.

ltpika

Engaged Member
Aug 6, 2016
We asked Patrons and the conclusion was that they love the high def images more than they hate crashes.
I think doing a seperate "high def image pack." The base game can use smaller webp images for performance and those who like better images can overwrite them with the images from the high def pack.

Hey1

Jul 6, 2017
Hi,

Wondering if anybody else has had issues with the Mega link for Chapter 2. Was downloading it when my laptop crashed, had to turn it off with the power button. Now it won't restart and it says that there is an Error 0xc00000e9, which means, from what I've read, that my hard drive is fucked up.

I mean, maybe the download and the death of my computer are related ? No idea.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
start of game ~600 MB memory and mia dildoing herself 3 times that so yea alot stuff loaded in memory but not unloaded.

IncetonGames

Game Developer
Jun 18, 2018
Hi, in order to take our content to the next level we need another WRITER!

What we're looking for:
A person who is passionate about writing! That preferably has experience in writing "erotica" content, who enjoy that kind of games and who has a sense of humor.
Required knowledge of the screenwriting format.
Perfect knowledge of the ENGLISH language and grammar!
Someone who can meet deadlines! (Important!)
Someone who can keep secrets! (Uuuuu spooky!)
Required Discord account.
A person who is willing to do this job for at least 1 year! (If not longer.)
(Don't be discouraged if you don't have any experience maybe you have talent.)

What will you get:
Monthly pay via PayPal
Work when you want from home!
Dependent on the quality of content a pay raise!

How to apply: Send us your resume to: inceton.games@gmail.com
The resume should include links to your previous work (If there is any).And a reason why you think you are the right person.
Everyone who applies will get a "test" to write a 500 word erotica story on a subject that we will tell you about in the email.

You should consider this as a side job (In the begging). If you prove yourself to be a good writer and someone with whom we will work a longer time you will get a bigger salary.
Best regards
Inceton games team

Reactions: Conviction07

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
@IncetonGames
Could SRDude's Preloader plugin be the cause of all the trouble with memory management and crashes?

I can see SRD_PreloaderCore.js in your plugins folder and I found this thread about all the trouble around it from about half a year ago:

Apparently the memory usage just grows and never stops with it. Just the larger the images are, the faster it happens.
The more memory you have, the longer you can play, that is why the guys with 16GB of RAM have been able to get through some scenes and anything with less memory will crash before you can get there. But eventually it'll fill up any kind of amount of memory you may have, 16GB will also not be sufficient for long.

I'm guessing that the new fast traveling (portal) system will not make it any better but rather worse, since more maps have to be ready and preloaded.

Alright, it looks like SRD_PreloaderCore.js wasn't actually activated, if I'm not mistaken. I don't really know that much about RPGM system.

Now I deactivated two plugins that were active and seemed to be the best candidates for removal, namely SRD_FullscreenToggleOption.js and SRD_VideoWait.js.

And I think that the game became just a tiny bit more stable, so that I actually managed to play it through from the last save that I had (just before Mia picks up a dildo behind the couch) 'til the end of this update with the game crashing only twice.

Before that I never managed to reach the next option to save the game after the last save point on my old Windows PC with 8 GB of RAM.

Here's the replacement for the original plugins.js file attached where these two plugins are disabled. Just extract it into your game root folder (where Game.exe is) and the file will drop into the correct subfolder. Just let it to overwrite the orginal plugins.js and try the game again.
Videos and fullscreen mode will still work without any noticeable difference.

Try it and report back how it worked for you, since I'm not completely sure that it actually made much difference at all.

I also suspect that there may be more plugins active there that are nearly useless and may cause leaks and/or instability.

3.80 star(s) 27 Votes