zeusdia

Oct 14, 2017
Is it actually better? Or just another Internet being Internet with its "anything fan-made is better"?
The fan translation is slightly edited MTL so you can make sense of the story but it is nowhere near natural English.
Kagura version is proper translation (although a bit over-localized).

While I don't want to disregard Shade's efforts in any way, anyone claiming fan version is vastly better has some serious reading comprehension issues.

The fan MTL version in it's current state is in serious need of a complete rewrite. But I don't believe that's worth doing now that we have an official translation

Mommysbuttslut

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2021
Is it actually better? Or just another Internet being Internet with its "anything fan-made is better"?
"Get your dick out" fan translation becomes "Blow on" on the official.
"Cheer her up" becomes "Pamper".
MC is supposed to literally get his dick out, it's what makes him happy and improves his mood.
Cheer her up is what improves the sister's mood. The localization literally makes the game make less sense.
Make a drink becomes alchemy.
Sexual harassment becomes molest and there's not a single molestation option there.

It genuinely feels to me that it was translated by someone who didn't play the game, like they had some write up of the game for context and just translated it without any actual first hand perspective of what they're translating.
Also if you played the original Imouto Monochrome the fan translation is a lot closer to what you'd be used to.

zeusdia

Oct 14, 2017
"Get your dick out" fan translation becomes "Blow on" on the official.
"Cheer her up" becomes "Pamper".
MC is supposed to literally get his dick out, it's what makes him happy and improves his mood.
Cheer her up is what improves the sister's mood. The localization literally makes the game make less sense.
Make a drink becomes alchemy.
Sexual harassment becomes molest and there's not a single molestation option there.

It genuinely feels to me that it was translated by someone who didn't play the game, like they had some write up of the game for context and just translated it without any actual first hand perspective of what they're translating.
Also if you played the original Imouto Monochrome the fan translation is a lot closer to what you'd be used to.
Have you actually played the game with the official translation or did you just take a look at the menu options?
There is A LOT of text apart from the menus and that is what Kagura did properly. It finally reads like a coherent story instead of word-for-word translated japanese.

While I agree with some of your points ("Blow on" translation decision still baffles me and "Molest" is strange to say the least), others are just nitpicking.
I don't see any issue with pampering my imouto to cheer her up by praising her or giving her some snacks.
Renaming "Make a drink" to Alchemy kinda makes sense since this is a fantasy setting and you make not only drinks, but also stuff like morning after pill.

In the end having the best possible names for couple of menu options does not really substitute for enjoyable reading experience during the rest of the game.

Last edited:

Mommysbuttslut

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2021
Have you actually played the game with the official translation or did you just take a look at the menu options?
There is A LOT of text apart from the menus and that is what Kagura did properly. It finally reads like a coherent story instead of word-for-word translated japanese.

While I agree with some of your points ("Blow on" translation decision still baffles me and "Molest" is strange to say the least), others are just nitpicking.
I don't see any issue with pampering my imouto to cheer her up by praising her or giving her some snacks.
Renaming "Make a drink" to Alchemy kinda makes sense since this is a fantasy setting and you make not only drinks, but also stuff like morning after pill.

In the end having the best possible names for couple of menu options does not really substitute for enjoyable reading experience during the rest of the game.
You're talking to someone who grew up in the fansub anime era and who's best friend is a Newfie. The fan translation would scale to about a 1/10 on the broken English scale to me. Nothing about the fan translation is even remotely incoherent to me. I don't even see how the fan translation is even remotely problematic unless maybe the reader really isn't good with English. Beyond that it being less localized just makes it better, it better preserves the original intent of the wordings.

I played about a week of the official release and thought to myself that it's literally just worse than the fan translation and haven't looked back. So no, I haven't played through it properly but I'd like to think I gave it enough of a chance to have an opinion on it.

HentaiSlaves

Sep 3, 2018

Fan translation of the game is better for me the Kagura's version is not good for me.
Kagura's translation of the game makes it so that you are Molesting your sister which you are not and it's more or less changed story of the game. Who ever did make an official game translation clearly just saw the sister and in his mind yeah that is a loli or you know what and added the Molest option and clearly didn't play the Jap or the Fan game in the first place he or she just went with what they did though was the story.

If you actually played the game at least 2-3 hours doesn't matter which version was it you should know that you don't make an morning after pill instead you just buy it and slip it in her drink this should be obvious.

Edit*
In Kagura's version for example you have things like when you jerk of you just have cum inside - In the Fan version you have an option cum on her body. This is some fine localization the officials did and from what i know that was like 12 people if i am not mistaken.

Last edited:

Klarth Lester

Jan 22, 2021
All title changes in the Steam version:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Near as I can tell only the names are different, none of the effects look different. Can still use the Title Guide linked in the OP to see how to get them and what they do.
Seethe.

Also, no idea why they decided to change them like that. As if it wasn't confusing already

Nlui2d

Jul 10, 2021
dat steam font burn my eyes
All title changes in the Steam version:

Near as I can tell only the names are different, none of the effects look different. Can still use the Title Guide linked in the OP to see how to get them and what they do.
Why is Peerless still showing when using an old save?

4.70 star(s) 86 Votes