SwordofHeaven

Jan 28, 2018
? it should turn all the damage from companion to Lona also become 0, she should only get the hit animation with no number pop up
Doesn't work with all companion attacks.

I was messing around with the friendly projectile fire part of 996_NoFriendlyFire.rb and got this error.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I was in the cemetery fighting undead and both Cocona's ranged attack and fire mage aoe hitting me caused this crash. I don't think that part of the mod is safe to use.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

TheGodEmpress

Feb 25, 2021
Okay ive seen several times in this thread that sickles can be used to harvest stuff...

Like plants? if so, how? ive been trying but can't figure it out...

SwordofHeaven

Jan 28, 2018
Okay ive seen several times in this thread that sickles can be used to harvest stuff...

Like plants? if so, how? ive been trying but can't figure it out...
You can harvest without a sickle, it just lowers the stamina cost from 3 to 1 iirc. In forests you can find apple/banana trees, mushrooms, stamina/contraceptive herbs, berries, etc. In mountains you can find some more foodstuffs and hp herbs.

doujinftw

Nov 26, 2020
You can harvest without a sickle, it just lowers the stamina cost from 3 to 1 iirc. In forests you can find apple/banana trees, mushrooms, stamina/contraceptive herbs, berries, etc. In mountains you can find some more foodstuffs and hp herbs.
hey sword let say if u want to maker halberd vs woods to function the same way as sickle for plants, how would one write that code?

Reactions: TheGodEmpress

CaiNanE

Nov 19, 2018
Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Yukihirou

SwordofHeaven

Jan 28, 2018
hey sword let say if u want to maker halberd vs woods to function the same way as sickle for plants, how would one write that code?
I've got no idea. All I could find was the CommonTree.rb for spawning logs from trees but there doesn't appear to be an equivalent for plants/herbs or minerals/fruit trees. I don't think they're handled the same way. Maybe somewhere in scripts but I couldn't figure it out.

Yukihirou

Feb 4, 2018
Well, that's an aspect of the game I certainly don't love. Enemy scaling is mostly frowned upon and I agree with the sentiment. A well designed game should sort enemy difficulty by area, sometimes by progress if there's a good plot reason. A doomsday clock like this one just puts unnecessary pressure on the player and encourages savescumming to optimize your actions (or proc the event you were mentioning, in this case), which is a shame because the game seems very well designed so far.
It's indeed a doomsday clock peko, but I want to correct, it's not "level scaling" but rather focus on gears and monster tiers peko. I'ts a good system, and it marks the game as a survival game instead of a sandbox game peko...
Ha↗Ha↘Ha↗Ha↘Ha↗Ha↘
Edit: Glory to Pekoland

Btw, is there a way to mod the game so that Lona has Cocona's necromancy? That necromancer playstyle seems soooooo fun. But cocona leaves you after 4 days, and her positioning in combat is terrible.
Keep taking bath and patting her head. everytime you interact with her, the hire time increase by 0.5
the orc mage on the north of pirate's bane perhaps? considering the gods has similar skill sets and just being mostly spellcasters.
He's a goblin shaman, pay attention to the totem in the cave, it indicates the presence of either a goblin shaman or worse, goblin lord. You can watch Goblin Slayer anime for more info.

omg omg omg omg omg
I can't believe I didn't notice this before.

Female Fish People scale off WIS!!!! Max WIS they're doing 14+hp and 50+ stamina damage a hit on guards! 1 WIS they're doing only 1hp and 1 stamina. At 30WIS they were doing 1-3hp and 10-15 stamina per hit!

This makes her superior to magic user lona in every way possible.

I'll update my guide with the new info post haste.

With them scaling off WIS I don't think I need that cocona mod anymore!
Yeah, same as tentacles, same damage range too. But let's be real, 99 WIS is a little...

Last edited:

Ruras

Sep 16, 2018
It's indeed a doomsday clock peko, but I want to correct, it's not "level scaling" but rather focus on gears and monster tiers peko. I'ts a good system, and it marks the game as a survival game instead of a sandbox game peko...
Ha↗Ha↘Ha↗Ha↘Ha↗Ha↘
Edit: Glory to Pekoland
I see you fell into the rabbit hole too.

Maybe I'll change my mind about the counter once I see how the game progresses and/or gets polished for release, but for now I still think it's the wrong move for a game that's supposed to be pretty open and lengthy. In something shorter, with less focus on exploring and building your character up, maybe it would work better, methinks.

On an unrelated note, I just did the Leeroy Jenkins quest and, contrarily to what the guide says, it's pretty easily stealthable with just 10 SCU (7+3 from the rags) and two rock throws to distract the archer guy. The guide also says the chest loot should be randomized each time you enter the warehouse but I tried to do it about 10 times and I've never found a single item in it. Unless mine was bugged or I've been extremely unlucky, it would seem like some stuff was changed since the guide was written.

Yukihirou

Feb 4, 2018
Maybe I'll change my mind about the counter once I see how the game progresses and/or gets polished for release, but for now I still think it's the wrong move for a game that's supposed to be pretty open and lengthy. In something shorter, with less focus on exploring and building your character up, maybe it would work better, methinks.
Well, at least it's reversible if you understand the mechanic. (Hitchhiker helps as well). Try Karryn's Prison, I loved that game greatly until author starts adding control down timer with no way to counter it, forcing you to end the game as soon as possible or get rekt. At least LonaRPG is lenient, at 100 world difficulty, you're probably at day 200 or so and are incredibly well equipped to fight off or run away from most encounters.
I'll be frank, get hitchhiker, SHIFT + directional keys on town paved road and you will encounter preacher 1/35 times, do it twice every 30 in-game days and you're good. On one hand, you micro manage your food meter,health, stamina and/or piss/excretion, on the other hand, you manage your time and money to deal with world danger meter. It's literally the same survival aspect, Health down, you're in danger. World danger up, you're in danger. It's just you're limited to RNG with world danger (but as I explained, 1/35 is not a bad deal considering world danger only goes up 0.35 every half day)
Or the easier way, birth a baby and reincarnate yourself aka new-game +, you get everything back with world danger reduced to 0.
On an unrelated note, I just did the Leeroy Jenkins quest and, contrarily to what the guide says, it's pretty easily stealthable with just 10 SCU (7+3 from the rags) and two rock throws to distract the archer guy. The guide also says the chest loot should be randomized each time you enter the warehouse but I tried to do it about 10 times and I've never found a single item in it. Unless mine was bugged or I've been extremely unlucky, it would seem like some stuff was changed since the guide was written.
Yeah, that's right. Also, when they're distracted, you're free to walk around as long as you do not cross their frontview (no need for slow stealth crouch, but remember not to Shift run).
I see you fell into the rabbit hole too.
My Oshi is Friend, who is your ? I bet it's the war criminal herself isn't it ?

Ruras

Sep 16, 2018
Well, at least it's reversible if you understand the mechanic. (Hitchhiker helps as well). Try Karryn's Prison, I loved that game greatly until author starts adding control down timer with no way to counter it, forcing you to end the game as soon as possible or get rekt. At least LonaRPG is lenient, at 100 world difficulty, you're probably at day 200 or so and are incredibly well equipped to fight off or run away from most encounters.
I'll be frank, get hitchhiker, SHIFT + directional keys on town paved road and you will encounter preacher 1/35 times, do it twice every 30 in-game days and you're good. On one hand, you micro manage your food meter,health, stamina and/or piss/excretion, on the other hand, you manage your time and money to deal with world danger meter. It's literally the same survival aspect, Health down, you're in danger. World danger up, you're in danger. It's just you're limited to RNG with world danger (but as I explained, 1/35 is not a bad deal considering world danger only goes up 0.35 every half day)
Or the easier way, birth a baby and reincarnate yourself aka new-game +, you get everything back with world danger reduced to 0.
I'll be honest, it sounds like a chore. Even if it's manageable within the game mechanics, at that point it becomes just a matter of integrity to not cheat and mod it out of the game completely since that would just spare you a lot of savescumming and net you the same end result. I'm aware that you could apply the same logic to a lot of other mechanics (stealing, betting, fishing for a drop) and make the game a walk in the park, but at least those don't have long-term consequences, are mostly optional and, above all, are fun to play around with.

My Oshi is Friend, who is your ? I bet it's the war criminal herself isn't it ?
Yeah I'd say my main ones are Peko and Miko, but my fav would probably be Marine if only my JP vocabulary exceeded 100 words (I unironically believe her to be one of the greatest entertainers/personalities ever emerged from YT). Also Watame is a literal angel that must be protected from the evils of this world.

Reactions: Yukihirou

SwordofHeaven

Jan 28, 2018
The chest loot was removed a while back. It was extremely easy to loot it at a low level and it was possible to farm high tier loot early on making money a non-issue. The guide isn't up to date with everything, but it's a great place to start if you need help.

I'll be honest, it sounds like a chore. Even if it's manageable within the game mechanics, at that point it becomes just a matter of integrity to not cheat and mod it out of the game completely since that would just spare you a lot of savescumming and net you the same end result. I'm aware that you could apply the same logic to a lot of other mechanics (stealing, betting, fishing for a drop) and make the game a walk in the park, but at least those don't have long-term consequences, are mostly optional and, above all, are fun to play around with.
Once you get the hang of the game and money doesn't become a problem, keeping world danger down becomes trivial.
It increases slowly to begin with and you can reduce it substantially for pretty cheap. I personally have never been past 35~ world level other than when I kept it high on purpose for fun, even on my first playthrough. Since you can reduce it fairly often and easily it really is mostly optional and there are no long-term consequences yet.

Also Watame is a literal angel that must be protected from the evils of this world.
:unsure:

Yukihirou

Feb 4, 2018
Well seem I can't persuade you on this. It's fun battling upgraded enemies as long as you're not on hell or doom mode though. But I kinda agree that for newbies and people not used to rogue-like games or hardcore survival games, starting the game on "hard mode" can be a pain in the ass, there should either be a normal mode (maybe starting the game with 200 Stamina? But this is kinda un-lorefriendly) or a toggleaple switch for world danger, addictions, food rotting and such... But well, more work for Eccma means less progress for the game, we can worry about those stuffs later, let's just get to know the game better while we wait for better news (honestly, you come at a good time, the 5.01 combat update is a godsent, can't imagine playing past versions gameplay anymore)
After you decrypt the game, I can point you to the editable file that affect world difficulty if you want to mod it out.
It doesn't take 99 wis to make the female fish people usable. They're stomping through everything that's not a guard at 20-30 WIS. So at higher WIS they will stomp through guards!
I presume at 30 Wis, they deal around 20 Stamina damage each hit and around 8-10 Hp damage correct ?
The chest loot was removed a while back. It was extremely easy to loot it at a low level and it was possible to farm high tier loot early on making money a non-issue. The guide isn't up to date with everything, but it's a great place to start if you need help.
There's still the bandit hideout in Noer which is easily accessible and nets tier 2/3 chest if you just stealth kill the 2 guards or sneak past them. Also, the Bank's vault as well, throwing rock works extremely well here (though to be honest, the 25 morality deduction ain't worth the risk)
Yeah I'd say my main ones are Peko and Miko, but my fav would probably be Marine if only my JP vocabulary exceeded 100 words (I unironically believe her to be one of the greatest entertainers/personalities ever emerged from YT). Also Watame is a literal angel that must be protected from the evils of this world.
Good to know you're man of commitment and culture who favor the JP ones despite language barrier, no ill wills toward the EN side, but somehow I can't get used to them, much like how I can't watch dubbed anime even after waching them for 20 years. The only En I watch is chicken, her recent collab with Watame sure is hella fun isn't it ?

Last edited:
Reactions: CaiNanE

SwordofHeaven

Jan 28, 2018
There's still the bandit hideout in Noer which is easily accessible and nets tier 2/3 chest if you just stealth kill the 2 guards or sneak past them. Also, the Bank's vault as well, throwing rock works extremely well here (though to be honest, the 25 morality deduction ain't worth the risk)
Messing up there is much worse than at the fishkind warehouse though. The moment they get alerted 2 shield bandits block the entrance and it can get really rough at low level. The guards take random paths too and sometimes you get unlucky. I've had some accidents there in Doom runs so I don't go there anymore early on. Was getting too many trash items too with my bad rng. Comparatively the warehouse felt like autopilot and it was easy to bail if it came to it. Grinding like that isn't much fun either.

Imo the only reason to rob the bank would be to spite Milo and Marnie. It's too much of a risk. Of course with enough gear and levels you could just power through anything but at that point there are better ways to make money fast.

Yukihirou

Feb 4, 2018
Messing up there is much worse than at the fishkind warehouse though. The moment they get alerted 2 shield bandits block the entrance and it can get really rough at low level. The guards take random paths too and sometimes you get unlucky. I've had some accidents there in Doom runs so I don't go there anymore early on. Was getting too many trash items too with my bad rng. Comparatively the warehouse felt like autopilot and it was easy to bail if it came to it. Grinding like that isn't much fun either.
Ha ha, yeah, Doom mode make me question my "Just do it" meter, many thing ain't worth risking Lona's neck for it. And then you just figure out how to work thing fast in your favor to make Lona's life as easygoing as possible.
Imo the only reason to rob the bank would be to spite Milo and Marnie. It's too much of a risk. Of course with enough gear and levels you could just power through anything but at that point there are better ways to make money fast.
It's very easy to rob the bank on hell/doom mode, the 25 morality deduction may triggers when you hit one of the guards (to be precise, if you hit them and the game RNG the NPC agro response, if it rolls agro then you're hit with -25 morality immediately) or will trigger 100% of the time if anyone in the bank see you in the Staff area. Throwing rocks or entering the bank inner side won't lower it (But it will put you in wanted mode for as long as you remain there). If you can just learn to throw rocks to lure away the musket guard then you're all good. 100% success rate all the time, I rob the bank 6 times a day.

Make sure to bring 3 companions to block the entrance up first so that you can take your time with the guards. (1 is enough but you will have to throw more rocks, 2 for the win t but bring 3 if you don't want any unwanted irregularities, especially on Doom mode)

tldr: 100% success rate even on Doom mode.
-Bring 3 companions
-Block the entrance with them
-Don't use violence
-Improve throw trait is a much
-Throw rock to distract the 2 guards on the east side
-Sneak, steal, sneak away, throw rocks again to distract the 2 guards, sneak away
-Profits

P/S: goblin raiding sure is profitable as heck, on that account, I had my sight placed on that goblin ranch since there's only one goblin patrol, rest are static guards and they don't killrape the girls. But god damn the traps, one mistake and Lona crawl like a snail. One single map costs me 20 mins even though it's probably the safest place for a stealh Lona. Feel like playing Minesweeper 98.
What's with all the traps around and goblin archer guards, make me feel like walking on a real minefield while enemies shoot at me from entrenched position.
I said dang it all and go back to the North tower where I can clear the whole nest in 5 mins for easy money and morality.

Last edited:
4.10 star(s) 185 Votes