muschi26

Engaged Member
Jun 22, 2019
If you choose NOT to tell Thad to Fukk OFF
That is your tacit consent
So you are a cuck
That’s what netorare is: cuckolding.

Look, I get that it’s not a perfect match, but I think you have to ask yourself: who does this content appeal to. Even if you don’t make a move on Evelyn, you can still stop Thaddeus; I assume most players are going to take that option, unless they specifically have a cuckold fetish (or voyeurism fetish, if they aren’t romancing Evelyn). In my eyes, that choice is more of an option presented to the player than it is an in-game decision for Dickon’s character to make: something along the lines of, “Yes, I want to see Evelyn get fucked by another man,” vs. “No, I don’t want to see that.”

At any rate, netorare doesn’t need to feature an actual act of “stealing”; it just needs to feel like it does. (In a lot of NTR manga, the love interest gets stolen away even before the protagonist has a chance to ask her out or have sex, etc.) That’s why it’s so effective at triggering people (on this site especially): they feel like they have a right to all the girls, regardless of the reality of the situation. That Evelyn doesn’t seem to actually want Thaddeus, but is only acting the part because she feels she has to for diplomatic reasons, would only add to the outrage. (That’s the read I got anyway; I might be wrong.) Moreover, I believe that Evelyn being a love interest is reason enough to expect players—at least some number of them—to feel a degree of possessiveness towards her preemptively; especially so in a “pseudoharem” game like this—sleeping around with all the girls has no negative consequences at all before the very end, so there’s nothing to punish players for adopting a monopolistic, entitled mindset, or dissuade them from doing so.

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
That’s what netorare is: cuckolding.

Look, I get that it’s not a perfect match, but I think you have to ask yourself: who does this content appeal to. Even if you don’t make a move on Evelyn, you can still stop Thaddeus; I assume most players are going to take that option, unless they specifically have a cuckold fetish (or voyeurism fetish, if they aren’t romancing Evelyn). In my eyes, that choice is more of an option presented to the player than it is an in-game decision for Dickon’s character to make: something along the lines of, “Yes, I want to see Evelyn get fucked by another man,” vs. “No, I don’t want to see that.”

At any rate, netorare doesn’t need to feature an actual act of “stealing”; it just needs to feel like it does. (In a lot of NTR manga, the love interest gets stolen away even before the protagonist has a chance to ask her out or have sex, etc.) That’s why it’s so effective at triggering people (on this site especially): they feel like they have a right to all the girls, regardless of the reality of the situation. That Evelyn doesn’t seem to actually want Thaddeus, but is only acting the part because she feels she has to for diplomatic reasons, would only add to the outrage. (That’s the read I got anyway; I might be wrong.) Moreover, I believe that Evelyn being a love interest is reason enough to expect players—at least some number of them—to feel a degree of possessiveness towards her preemptively; especially so in a “pseudoharem” game like this—sleeping around with all the girls has no negative consequences at all before the very end, so there’s nothing to punish players for adopting a monopolistic, entitled mindset, or dissuade them from doing so.
Hold my beer....

Reactions: Viscar

muschi26

Engaged Member
Jun 22, 2019
If you choose to be a cuck
maybe even enjoy it

That is Netorase

Not netorare, which is losing your romantic interest to another through sex you did not want or permit.
What I mean is that you need to give the player an option to see or not see that content. It could’ve been an option at the start of the game, or in the settings menu; but Belle chose to make it an in-game decision instead. That’s the function of that choice regarding whether or not to stop Thaddeus: “Do you want to enable NTR or not?” That’s who’ll be interested in that content (I assume; I’m not an NTR fan myself), and so that’s who you have to tag it for, I believe.

It’s not netorase (a.k.a. swinging), as Dickon doesn’t have the authority to “permit” Evelyn to have sex with Thaddeus. (He doesn’t really have the authority to prohibit it either, but that’s not necessary in order to stop them.) If Dickon chooses not to stop them—which, from a roleplaying perspective, he could also do because he lacks the courage to do it (i.e. for reasons other than “because he likes it”)—then he’s just watching powerlessly as his love interest (or crush who didn’t reciprocate his feelings) gets taken by another man, which is a typical netorare scenario.

ljfljf

May 12, 2019
Bros,I can't get "worth it" achivement though follow walkthrough below:
1.train invade mind only to large secret
2.get evelyn's small and large secret
3.at the endgame go with her(not triggered in most of try and I don't know why)
4.watch the hororr unfold(what does it mean?)

Belle

Developer of Long Live the Princess
Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
What *does* happen in the endgame for you, then? If you don't get the required choice, I assume you're running into a premature bad end. It would be helpful to know which one.

glaurung

Jul 17, 2020
"Not triggered in most of try and I don't know why" - Evelyn's large secret is one of those where after you've revealed the secret and after you end the remove inhibitions spell, there's a dialog option to talk to her about the secret you just revealed (you always want do that when given the choice). If you don't talk to her about it separately from revealing the secret, she doesn't learn that you know she's in the Order of Thrones, and thus you don't get invited to help her arrest Thaddeus during the endgame.

"what does it mean" - If you haven't revealed all of Evelyn's secrets, then when you go with her to arrest Thaddeus, bad things happen. When T mind controls her and tries to make her cut her own throat, the MC uses invade mind to stop him. But if the MC does not know all of her secrets, this ends badly for Evelyn (the more secrets you've skipped, the worse the outcome for her). The worst outcome, however, is when the MC hasn't fully trained his magic skills. In that case, Evelyn dies, and the MC kills Thaddeus in revenge, which gets him thrown in jail, game over, but you get the achievement.

Last edited:

promailer

Sep 5, 2017
Hello,
Last time I plaid the game was at version 0.31.0, how can I transfare my saved games to the latest version? Copying the save folder seems to not work.

Belle

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
Hello,
Last time I plaid the game was at version 0.31.0, how can I transfare my saved games to the latest version? Copying the save folder seems to not work.
For Ren'py games, the saves automatically transfer between versions on Windows. However, LLtP saves were deliberately invalidated for the release of 1.0 to give the game a clean slate and because I made several potentially breaking changes. Basically, if you want to play the final version of the game, you need to start over.

Sexcultist

Jun 8, 2022
LLtP saves were deliberately invalidated for the release of 1.0 to give the game a clean slate and because I made several potentially breaking changes
Hi, are there changes to the story in the final version from older versions? Just curious what the breaking changes are.

Belle

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
Hi, are there changes to the story in the final version from older versions? Just curious what the breaking changes are.
It's mostly code changes. Version 1.0 made sweeping updates to the game's underlying code and structure, making existing saves highly volatile and risky. Odds are I would have spent a lot of time post-release doing support for players with old, broken saves if I hadn't invalidated them. I don't recommend trying to circumvent this.

The patch notes are literally in the first post of this thread.

iasonas

Oct 17, 2017
i followed the step by step walkthrough but when i admit the true feelings for evelyn in day 30 on wt, evelyn leaves the next day im a missing something ?

glaurung

Jul 17, 2020
i followed the step by step walkthrough but when i admit the true feelings for evelyn in day 30 on wt, evelyn leaves the next day im a missing something ?
Evelyn has an inhibition that you must remove BEFORE you tell her how you feel. Make sure the option to remove the inhibition is GONE, and only then tell her your feelings.

- You learn about the inhibition while revealing her large secret (the one about where she goes at night). If she's your sister, it's that she despises incest. If she isn't your sister, it's that she despises infidelity.

- You have to reveal her dark secret before you can remove the inhibition. You CANNOT just reveal the dark secret and then remove the inhibition - you have to reveal the secret, end the spell and talk to her about the secret, and only then, AFTER talking to her about the dark secret, can you go in and remove the inhibition.

You are not the first person to get messed up on this quest while trying to follow the walkthrough. It's almost as if a long list of instructions without any context is not a good way to guide people through this part of the game.

ljfljf

May 12, 2019
"Not triggered in most of try and I don't know why" - Evelyn's large secret is one of those where after you've revealed the secret and after you end the remove inhibitions spell, there's a dialog option to talk to her about the secret you just revealed (you always want do that when given the choice). If you don't talk to her about it separately from revealing the secret, she doesn't learn that you know she's in the Order of Thrones, and thus you don't get invited to help her arrest Thaddeus during the endgame.

"what does it mean" - If you haven't revealed all of Evelyn's secrets, then when you go with her to arrest Thaddeus, bad things happen. When T mind controls her and tries to make her cut her own throat, the MC uses invade mind to stop him. But if the MC does not know all of her secrets, this ends badly for Evelyn (the more secrets you've skipped, the worse the outcome for her). The worst outcome, however, is when the MC hasn't fully trained his magic skills. In that case, Evelyn dies, and the MC kills Thaddeus in revenge, which gets him thrown in jail, game over, but you get the achievement.
I reveal evelyn's large secret and ask her order of thrones, but when day 50 arrives, after"I don't trust him", the next morning it does not come out the conversation with evelyn that I can chose "Yeah, I 'll come with you as backup" thus no Thaddeus' scene, do I miss some key option?

glaurung

Jul 17, 2020
I reveal evelyn's large secret and ask her order of thrones, but when day 50 arrives, after"I don't trust him", the next morning it does not come out the conversation with evelyn that I can chose "Yeah, I 'll come with you as backup" thus no Thaddeus' scene, do I miss some key option?
TIL that there's another perquisite for going with Evelyn other than revealing her secret and learning about the Order. Sorry, I don't know what you missed.

However, the in-game to-do list is often very useful. Emptying it out is an excellent way to prepare for the endgame (it's not everything it could be - failed quests and quests that you cannot fulfill due to wrong paths taken don't appear on the list, which means you can have the list empty and still get a bad ending).

4.60 star(s) 378 Votes